Happy Veterans Day!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:34 am

To all of those that have served this nation's military...Thank You! Without your sacrifice this Great Nation wouldn't have survived this long. Today we face a inner threat born out of the grips of Totalitarianism...God help this nation.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:21 am

Darth Cheney wrote:To all of those that have served this nation's military...Thank You! Without your sacrifice this Great Nation wouldn't have survived this long. Today we face a inner threat born out of the grips of Totalitarianism...God help this nation.
 
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:57 am

I humbly agree and pay my respects to any of you that served. I did not choose that path and many times over the years wished I had.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Twinkies on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:06 am

 
avatar
Twinkies

Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 pm

BladeRunner wrote:I humbly agree and pay my respects to any of you that served. I did not choose that path and many times over the years wished I had.
You may still get a chance depending on how this train-wreck ends.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Skeptical on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I humbly agree and pay my respects to any of you that served. I did not choose that path and many times over the years wished I had.
You may still get a chance depending on how this train-wreck ends.
Then again perhaps not!

Here is our illustrious(?) Secretary of Defense in a recent speech to a Global Security Forum 2013 sponsored by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

that troops and their families will be asked to sacrifice on pay and benefits to preserve readiness in an era of tighter budgets.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/11/05/hagel-says-cuts-to-pay-and-benefits-are-needed.html


If he suceeds in reducing pay and benefits along with reducing overall strength numbers BladeRunner will not have the opportunity to serve.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2566
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Skeptical on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 pm


I am fully aware today is America's Veterans Day but since veterans are in the news this got my attention earlier today.

Just one of the many articles depicting the passing of this British WWII veteran.

Hundreds of strangers have turned out for the funeral of a British World War II vet who died without any close friends or family.

Harold Percival died on October 25 in Lytham St Annes, in northwest England, at the age of 99. Knowing he had no living relatives or friends, the nursing home placed an advertisement in the local newspaper asking military personnel to attend the service
A tip of the hat to the nursing home and Mr. Percival's "Band of Brothers in Arms"!


http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/9389097/Strangers-turn-out-for-vets-funeral
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2566
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Memorial Day

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon May 26, 2014 7:04 am

Today we pay tribute to the countless thousands of men and women who have died defending our freedom and liberty around the world.  Their ultimate sacrifice has paid the price and maintained our way of life.  God Bless them, their families, and their ultimate sacrifice which we will forever be indebted too.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Just Braying It on Mon May 26, 2014 9:34 am

Why can't we buy whiskey on Memorial Day? Stupid obama.

Just Braying It

Posts : 983
Join date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon May 26, 2014 10:01 am

I would guess the places out by Mitchell just aren't open for business yet. Or are you weekending in MN ?
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Just Braying It on Mon May 26, 2014 10:08 am

Shortie's Lover wrote:I would guess the places out by Mitchell just aren't open for business yet.  Or are you weekending in MN ?

I'm in Pukwana.

Just Braying It

Posts : 983
Join date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon May 26, 2014 10:12 am

That explains it. Only one thing is more difficult for me to get in Pukwana than a whiskey ...  Wink 
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon May 26, 2014 10:17 am

Liberal wrote:Why can't we buy whiskey on Memorial Day? Stupid obama.

It's all up to local control. Just went a bought a case of Makers Mark here in Sioux Falls. Damn small gubmint peoples. drunken 
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon May 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Today we pay tribute to the countless thousands of men and women who have died defending our freedom and liberty around the world.  Their ultimate sacrifice has paid the price and maintained our way of life.  God Bless them, their families, and their ultimate sacrifice which we will forever be indebted too.

This.   
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum