Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember the talk of "Death Panels"

3 posters

Go down

Remember the talk of "Death Panels" Empty Remember the talk of "Death Panels"

Post  Skeptical Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:02 pm

It seems the source of this very valid and real concern was the health-policy advisor at the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB), a person by the name of Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel.

In January, 2009, Dr. Emanuel published a paper in the Lancet [Persad, Govind, Alan Wertheimer, and Ezekiel J. Emanuel. "Principles for allocation of scarce medical interventions." The Lancet 373 (Jan 31,2009): 423-31]. In it he argues for the use of a "Complete Lives Systems" method of allocating care

We recommend an alternative system--the complete lives system--which prioritises younger people who have not yet live a complete life and also incorporates prognosis, save the most lives, lottery, and instrumental value principles
Read more: http://www.examiner.com/article/dr-ezekiel-emanuel-obama-s-top-health-care-advisor-advocates-denying-care-to-elderly-and-disabled
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Remember the talk of "Death Panels" Empty Re: Remember the talk of "Death Panels"

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 pm

And Paul Krugman, Ozombie's Apologist in Chief at the NYT, admitted it too.

Eventually we do have a problem. That the population is getting older, health care costs are rising…there is this question of how we’re going to pay for the programs. The year 2025, the year 2030, something is going to have to give…. We’re going to need more revenue…. Surely it will require some sort of middle class taxes as well..... We won’t be able to pay for the kind of government the society will want without some increase in taxes…. on the middle class, maybe a value added tax…. And we’re also going to have to make decisions about health care, doc pay for health care that has no demonstrated medical benefits . So the snarky version…which I shouldn’t even say because it will get me in trouble, is death panels and sales taxes is how we do this.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Remember the talk of "Death Panels" Empty Re: Remember the talk of "Death Panels"

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 am

As long as I can keep my plan, I don't care. drunken  drunken  drunken  /sarc
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:48 am

Freedom Forever wrote:As long as I can keep my plan, I don't care. drunken   drunken   drunken  /sarc
Rest easy, you may keep your policy.

Yesterday His Majesty, King Obama, made a decree from his palace that people may keep their polices or those who had policies cancelled may re-enroll.
cheers
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down