Days of Infamy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Days of Infamy

Post  nightlight88 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:45 am

It seems like each generation has some defining moments in their lives that will be remembered.

Events like

Pearl Harbor
Kennedy Assassination
911


I was in High School when Kennedy was shot and was working nights when 911 occurred. Mrs Light woke me up when the first tower was hit and and then I saw the second one get hit.

What sad days, for sure.



avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Skeptical on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:49 am

nightlight88 wrote:It seems like each generation has some defining moments in their lives that will be remembered.

Events like

Pearl Harbor
Kennedy Assassination
911


I was in High School when Kennedy was shot and was working nights when 911 occurred.  Mrs Light woke me up when the first tower was hit and and then I saw the second one get hit.

What sad days, for sure.

I was overseas at the time JFK was shot.  The time was 7:40 PM when the news broke in on the regular program to tell about the shooting and we went on full scalle military alert by 8:30 PM.

I was at work when a fellow employee came into the office and told us a plane had just flown into the WTC.


Ohhhhhh, another day that will live in infamy ... Jan 21, 2009
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2568
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Clicker on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 am

I was at work traveling from customer to customer when JFK was shot. Got totally different reactions from my customers that day. Some in tears, others saw no issue with it other than the general panic it caused. I was a Dem at that time so I felt a bit saddened but saw that the govt was stable and that little would actually change, WRONG!!!!!!

9-11 We were in a campground in Newport Oregon. Got up early to get ready to go to a rally in Harrisburg when I saw the news. One tower had been struck and I watched live as the other was struck. It took me about 3 min to figure out who was responsible and I was right on all counts. I got confirmation when the Pentagon was hit and when I heard about the crash in Pennsylvania.
I've since visited the Pentagon and Pennsy sites but refuse to go to NYC. I had to visit NYC on business many times when I was working and learned to truly hate the place, and most of its people. They are narrow minded selfish and so egotistical as to be unbelievable.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 823
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:44 pm

I'll never forget...

I was behind a grassy knoll in Texas without anyone aware where I was or what I was about to do...
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Clicker on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:I'll never forget...

I was behind a grassy knoll in Texas without anyone aware where I was or what I was about to do...

Careful Darth, I got "the visit" for making a comment about like that in a bar one nite.........................
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 823
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Clicker wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:I'll never forget...

I was behind a grassy knoll in Texas without anyone aware where I was or what I was about to do...

Careful Darth, I got "the visit" for making a comment about like that in a bar one nite.........................

Oswald did it...yea, that's the ticket.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  BladeRunner on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:08 pm

I wasn't born yet when JFK was killed.

I'm glad you guys are here. You even make me feel young...... Wink
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Skeptical on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Clicker wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:I'll never forget...

I was behind a grassy knoll in Texas without anyone aware where I was or what I was about to do...

Careful Darth, I got "the visit" for making a comment about like that in a bar one nite.........................

Oswald did it...yea, that's the ticket.

Do you really think that??
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2568
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:45 pm

BladeRunner wrote:I wasn't born yet when JFK was killed.

I'm glad you guys are here. You even make me feel young...... Wink

Just a pup! bounce

I was in 5th grade and on flag duty. Principal came and got me and a friend to lower the flag to half staff. Got home and had to deliver the Argus. Huge banner headline reporting the assassination. Every paper I delivered, I saw this:




With the WTC I was getting ready for a family meeting with a nursing home we had just put my mom into. Saw the report on the kitchen tv that a plane had hit the first tower. Went and took a shower/shaved and when I came out I watched the second plain hit the South Tower. Heard of the Pentagon hit on my way to the meeting.

I had to fly to a trade show on a business trip the next week. That was a pretty tense flight. affraid
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:27 pm

BladeRunner wrote:I wasn't born yet when JFK was killed.

I'm glad you guys are here. You even make me feel young...... Wink

Ouch! tongue
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I wasn't born yet when JFK was killed.

I'm glad you guys are here. You even make me feel young...... Wink

Ouch! tongue

Ok...Ok...I hadn't been born yet, but would a couple of months later.....
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Skeptical on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I wasn't born yet when JFK was killed.

I'm glad you guys are here. You even make me feel young...... Wink

Ouch! tongue

Ok...Ok...I hadn't been born yet, but would a couple of months later.....

Heck, you're just a kid !!
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2568
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:14 pm

BladeRunner wrote:I wasn't born yet when JFK was killed.

I'm glad you guys are here. You even make me feel young...... Wink

I was 4 years old but can remember the day. It would be another 3 years before I solved the time space continuum and anti-gravity device.

Wait...someone is knocking at my door,

What the he............................................................................................................................

avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:04 am

Well, I may be "just a kid", but I don't feel like it lately........
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Skeptical on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:05 am

BladeRunner wrote:Well, I may be "just a kid", but I don't feel like it lately........

I wouldn't worry about it until you begin hearing "snap, crackle, and pop" when you get out of bed in the morning and you don't even have Rice Krispies cereal in the house ! Smile
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2568
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:10 am

BladeRunner wrote:Well, I may be "just a kid", but I don't feel like it lately........

Order Amazing Male... tongue
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:27 am

Skeptical wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Well, I may be "just a kid", but I don't feel like it lately........

I wouldn't worry about it until you begin hearing "snap, crackle, and pop" when you get out of bed in the morning and you don't even have Rice Krispies cereal in the house ! Smile

Oh, I have that happening already. Got an injection in one of my knees last week.


Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Well, I may be "just a kid", but I don't feel like it lately........

Order Amazing Male... tongue

That's not what I was talking about. Absolutely no problems there. Wink
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1916
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Skeptical on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:09 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Well, I may be "just a kid", but I don't feel like it lately........

I wouldn't worry about it until you begin hearing "snap, crackle, and pop" when you get out of bed in the morning and you don't even have Rice Krispies cereal in the house ! Smile

Oh, I have that happening already. Got an injection in one of my knees last week.

I have Cheerios, Wheaties,, Corn Flakes, and Rice Krispies so I have an excuse to hear "Snap, Crackle, and Pop"

And such a youngster too ! Razz
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2568
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Just Braying It on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:42 am

I was only nine months old when 9/11 happened so I don't remember anything.

Just Braying It

Posts : 983
Join date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Days of Infamy

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum