Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking the Lord's Name in Vain

+4
Clicker
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
Dr. Evil
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Taking the Lord's Name in Vain - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking the Lord's Name in Vain

Post  Skeptical Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:00 pm

If a Muslim uses the phrase, "God bless you" or God bless America" .. would that be using te Lord's name in vain?

Last edited by Skeptical on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Taking the Lord's Name in Vain - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking the Lord's Name in Vain

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Skeptical wrote:If a Muslim uses the phrase, "God bless you" or God bless America" .. would thatbe using te Lord's name in vain?

Is he saying it while he is stabbing you in the throat?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:If a Muslim uses the phrase, "God bless you" or God bless America" .. would thatbe using te Lord's name in vain?

What ever gave you that hostile thought?

Besides that the phrase in that case would be something like "Allahu Akbar"

This Muslim is one who claims to be a Christian.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Who is: Barack Husein Obama

Mmmm mmmm mmmmm
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Muslim's are sometimes known for their hostility. I just wondered about the context of your situation. If he said it while he was draining you dry then he could possibly be suspect. If he said it after you gave him back his wallet that he dropped, then I would consider it a nice gesture.

Either way, since he's not likely looking for God's approval, weather he broke a commandment or not is really irrelevant.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Muslim's are sometimes known for their hostility.  I just wondered about the context of your situation.  If he said it while he was draining you dry then he could possibly be suspect.  If he said it after you gave him back his wallet that he dropped, then I would consider it a nice gesture.

Either way, since he's not likely looking for God's approval,  weather he broke a commandment or not is really irrelevant.

Your persistence in creating "what if" situations puzzles me.

One can say this person was not given back a wallet that may have been accidently dropped but can make a valid claim this Muslim certainly is draining the wallets of many people and in that sense is draining many, many dry.

Once again, If a Muslim, who publicly claims to be a Christian, uses the phrase, "God bless you" or God bless America" .. would that be using the Lord's name in vain for his own gain (or illusion)?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Muslim's are sometimes known for their hostility.  I just wondered about the context of your situation.  If he said it while he was draining you dry then he could possibly be suspect.  If he said it after you gave him back his wallet that he dropped, then I would consider it a nice gesture.

Either way, since he's not likely looking for God's approval,  weather he broke a commandment or not is really irrelevant.

One can say this person was not given back a wallet that may have been accidently dropped but can make a valid claim this Muslim certainly is draining the wallets of many people and in that sense is draining many, many dry.

Once again, If a Muslim, who publicly claims to be a Christian, uses the phrase, "God bless you" or God bless America" .. would that be using the Lord's name in vain for his own gain (or illusion)?

You were the one who created this "what if" situation. I know of no Muslims pretending to be Christians.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:09 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

You were the one who created this "what if" situation.  I know of no Muslims pretending to be Christians.

Hint: Chimp in Chief
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 am

Dr. Jones wrote:  You were the one who created this "what if" situation.  I know of no Muslims pretending to be Christians.

I stand corrected I should use the word "when" instead of "if" so the comment should read
When a Muslim, who publicly claims to be a Christian, uses the phrase, "God bless you" or God bless America" .. would that be using the Lord's name in vain for his own gain (or illusion

you may have seen this particular Muslim utter those words.

Apparently Darth figured it out.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:34 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  You were the one who created this "what if" situation.  I know of no Muslims pretending to be Christians.

I stand corrected I should use the word "when" instead of "if" so the comment should read
When a Muslim, who publicly claims to be a Christian, uses the phrase, "God bless you" or God bless America" .. would that be using the Lord's name in vain for his own gain (or illusion

Figured what out?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Figured what out?

That Oblama is a crypto-muslim.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:31 pm

I feel like Alex Trebek on SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy....

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I feel like Alex Trebek on SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy....

What is predictable?

I'll take "your ass or a hole in the ground" for $800 Alex.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I feel like Alex Trebek on SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy....

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12203

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:12 am

I hate to completely derail this thread, but since nobody seems to want to talk about their sins, I am afraid this thread has come to a close anyway.  

I pray that you can all take some time to talk to the leaders and parishioners in your church and figure out what you can do to take the Lord's name back from those who use it for their own gain while degrading it in the process.  As I have said, I believe our federal and state governments would be the perfect place to start because they have the highest exposure and are among the largest violators.  

Here's some other interesting food for thought...
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10/05/fox-falls-for-fake-story-about-obama-personally/196304

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I hate to completely derail this thread, but since nobody seems to want to talk about their sins, I am afraid this thread has come to a close anyway.  

I pray that you can all take some time to talk to the leaders and parishioners in your church and figure out what you can do to take the Lord's name back from those who use it for their own gain while degrading it in the process.  As I have said, I believe our federal and state governments would be the perfect place to start because they have the highest exposure and are among the largest violators.  

Here's some other interesting food for thought...
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10/05/fox-falls-for-fake-story-about-obama-personally/196304

We are all sinners and fall far short of God's teachings. That doesn't make us necessarily evil or condemned to Hell thanks to the gift of Grace that was given us through the ultimate sacrifice made by Jesus Christ my savior for the forgiveness of sin. Yes, some use the Lord's name in vain and I will be the first to acknowledge I have and am sincerely sorry for doing so. My forgiveness will be between me and my God and not determined by mortal men playing "better than you". I can not change the world or men's souls but I can continue to worship my Lord and Savior to the best of my ability.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I hate to completely derail this thread, but since nobody seems to want to talk about their sins, I am afraid this thread has come to a close anyway.  

Why is this important to you?

Do you really think it is more important for a person to discuss their sins with you than privately with  their God?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Skeptical wrote:

Do you really think it is more important for a person to discuss their sins with you than privately with  their God?

In reading previous posts this seemed to be a pretty religious place.  I bought up my past struggles with wheather or not I could have made the right choice on an abortion.  I just thought that people would have some experiences, or at the very least an opinion on the subject, but it seems all we want to talk about us if Obama is a Muslim.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

In reading previous posts this seemed to be a pretty religious place.  I bought up my past struggles with wheather or not I could have made the right choice on an abortion.  I just thought that people would have some experiences, or at the very least an opinion on the subject, but it seems all we want to talk about us if Obama is a Muslim.

Whether or not your perception this is a religious place is accurate or not it is immaterial.  There are people here who are very religious and take their faith seriously but, I somehow doubt they feel obligated or compelled to expound their struggles/decisions/experiences to public scrutiny because you decided to state your past.

No doubt you will feel some disappointment that others did not do as you wanted and I am sure you will get over it.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

"I could have made the right choice on an abortion"

If you needed to use the word abortion you must have made the wrong choice. I didn't need to decide to not have my children aborted...in fact it never entered my mind.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

If you needed to use the word abortion you must have made the wrong choice.  I didn't need to decide to not have my children aborted...in fact it never entered my mind.

Luckily for me it was a decision I never had to make.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Whether or not your perception this is a religious place is accurate or not it is immaterial.  There are people here who are very religious and take their faith seriously but, I somehow doubt they feel obligated or compelled to expound their struggles/decisions/experiences to public scrutiny because you decided to state your past.

No doubt you will feel some disappointment that others did not do as you wanted and I am sure you will get over it.

I see where you are coming from on the public scrutiny. I am, as you said, a little disheartened by the fact that people don't want to talk about such a serious problem that is facing our institutions of faith.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

I see where you are coming from on the public scrutiny.  I am, as you said, a little disheartened by the fact that people don't want to talk about such a serious problem that is facing our institutions of faith.

Well buck up and keep a stiff upper lip and you will soon learn that intelligent adults with a mind of their own don't become sheep as some other people do.

As for abortion, there needs to be a place within society for those cases where it is medically recommended to save the life of the mother. It should be highly discouraged and/or made illegal as a method of convenient birth control on demand.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:13 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

If you needed to use the word abortion you must have made the wrong choice.  I didn't need to decide to not have my children aborted...in fact it never entered my mind.

Luckily for me it was a decision I never had to make.

Not a decision but an unholy choice and usually a terribly selfish unholy choice.

What did Jesus say..."Better to have a milestone tied to your neck and cast into the sea then harm the most vulnerable among us".

Que the coat hangers in the back alley meme.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:18 am

In the spirit of staying on topic I chose this meme instead....

Taking the Lord's Name in Vain - Page 2 Perry_11

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum