Breach in Protocol ???

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:38 pm

(CNN) -- The deadly Ebola virus has been contracted by someone inside the United States for the first time.

Truly a sad thing to happen!

The nurse had "extensive contact" on "multiple occasions" with Duncan, Frieden said.

"At some point, there was a breach in protocol, and that breach in protocol resulted in this infection," he said at a news conference Sunday. "The (Ebola treatment) protocols work. ... But we know that even a single lapse or breach can result in infection."

No mention of what the breach was.

Not saying there is any attempt at a cover-up or misinformation here but, if they are so confident there was a breach why the hesitation to point out what that breach was.

We are being told constantly Ebola can ONLY be contracted by contact with the body fluids of a person displaying the symptoms ... or is it??
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Rusty Houser on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:04 am

Skeptical wrote:No mention of what the breach was.

Proper safety protocol for wearing and especially removing protective gear. Something as simple as taking your gloves off wrong can result in contamination.

"We don't know what occurred in the care of the index patient, the original patient in Dallas, but at some point there was a breach in protocol, and that breach in protocol resulted in this infection," said CDC Director Thomas Frieden.

Doctors say this may have occurred when the worker took off her protective clothing, because if it's not done properly, an infection may result.

ABC News' Chief health and medical editor, Dr. Richard Besser, agrees that there was a breach of safety protocol of the guidelines set by the CDC.

http://abc7news.com/health/cdc-protocol-breach-in-treating-ebola-patient/347154/

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 am

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:No mention of what the breach was.

Proper safety protocol for wearing and especially removing protective gear. Something as simple as taking your gloves off wrong can result in contamination.

"We don't know what occurred in the care of the index patient, the original patient in Dallas, but at some point there was a breach in protocol, and that breach in protocol resulted in this infection," said CDC Director Thomas Frieden.

Doctors say this may have occurred when the worker took off her protective clothing, because if it's not done properly, an infection may result.

ABC News' Chief health and medical editor, Dr. Richard Besser, agrees that there was a breach of safety protocol of the guidelines set by the CDC.

http://abc7news.com/health/cdc-protocol-breach-in-treating-ebola-patient/347154/

Sorry Paquette, but your answer is completely unacceptable.  It's simply not juicy enough.  This is somehow Obama's fault, and there has to be a cover-up.  It is just too hard for some to imagine that there are people who love others more than themselves enough to buck protocol and risk their own lives to save theirs

Here is the cover-up:  Obama wanted another case if Ebola so that Americans would force Republicans to stop their obstructionist ways and allow Dr. Vivek Murthy, Obama's appointee for Surgeon General, to accept his position and get to work on this.  It is unfortunate that there are some in Washington who continue to obstruct by not allowing a medical leader in this time of crisis.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:59 am

WOW! This is not a disease where compassion should be trumping protocol. Obama has failed the country by a too little too late response by not at least ramping up surveillance at US airports on incoming foreign flights. While the borders might be impossible to close, they should have been severely restricted to non-citizens arriving from West Africa or hot countries. Arriving US citizens from hot zones should be tested and watched closely for symptoms. Non-citizens need to be turned away.

Meanwhile the leftist Agenda Project is now airing ads featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and other Republicans insinuating that the budget cuts brought on by President Obama's budget sequester plan are responsible for the Ebola outbreak. Of course the CDC has been slow to respond to this crisis due much to their own incompetence. Remember this is the same government entity responsible for the storage of small pox virus in unlabeled vials in cold storage unapproved for storage of deadly pathogens
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:08 am

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:No mention of what the breach was.

Proper safety protocol for wearing and especially removing protective gear. Something as simple as taking your gloves off wrong can result in contamination.

"We don't know what occurred in the care of the index patient, the original patient in Dallas, but at some point there was a breach in protocol, and that breach in protocol resulted in this infection," said CDC Director Thomas Frieden.

Doctors say this may have occurred when the worker took off her protective clothing, because if it's not done properly, an infection may result.

ABC News' Chief health and medical editor, Dr. Richard Besser, agrees that there was a breach of safety protocol of the guidelines set by the CDC.

http://abc7news.com/health/cdc-protocol-breach-in-treating-ebola-patient/347154/

Thanks for the update.

I see I also neglected to link my source, which was www.cnn.com, and at the time what you list as the possible breach was not included in the article. CNN now has added more info
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:WOW! This is not a disease where compassion should be trumping protocol. Obama has failed the country by a too little too late response by not at least ramping up surveillance at US airports on incoming foreign flights. While the borders might be impossible to close, they should have been severely restricted to non-citizens arriving from West Africa or hot countries. Arriving US citizens from hot zones should be tested and watched closely for symptoms. Non-citizens need to be turned away.

Meanwhile the leftist Agenda Project is now airing ads featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and other Republicans insinuating that the budget cuts brought on by President Obama's budget sequester plan are responsible for the Ebola outbreak. Of course the CDC has been slow to respond to this crisis due much to their own incompetence. Remember this is the same government entity responsible for the storage of small pox virus in unlabeled vials in cold storage unapproved for storage of deadly pathogens

In that case it shouldn't be long for the looney left to trot out their favorite cause of all things .... B-U-U-S-S-H-H !
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Rusty Houser on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:18 am

Dr. Jones wrote:It is just too hard for some to imagine that there are people who love others more than themselves enough to buck protocol and risk their own lives to save theirs

I doubt if she bucked protocol. I've been through yearly training on CDC safety protocols and it's damned easy to slip up and contaminate yourself without even realizing it. I've done it but fortunately I've never had to work with anything like ebola. It's an inherent risk in the health care industry, even if you're careful, you will slip up.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:56 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:WOW! This is not a disease where compassion should be trumping protocol. Obama has failed the country by a too little too late response by not at least ramping up surveillance at US airports on incoming foreign flights. While the borders might be impossible to close, they should have been severely restricted to non-citizens arriving from West Africa or hot countries. Arriving US citizens from hot zones should be tested and watched closely for symptoms. Non-citizens need to be turned away.

Meanwhile the leftist Agenda Project is now airing ads featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and other Republicans insinuating that the budget cuts brought on by President Obama's budget sequester plan are responsible for the Ebola outbreak. Of course the CDC has been slow to respond to this crisis due much to their own incompetence. Remember this is the same government entity responsible for the storage of small pox virus in unlabeled vials in cold storage unapproved for storage of deadly pathogens

This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:WOW! This is not a disease where compassion should be trumping protocol. Obama has failed the country by a too little too late response by not at least ramping up surveillance at US airports on incoming foreign flights. While the borders might be impossible to close, they should have been severely restricted to non-citizens arriving from West Africa or hot countries. Arriving US citizens from hot zones should be tested and watched closely for symptoms. Non-citizens need to be turned away.

Meanwhile the leftist Agenda Project is now airing ads featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and other Republicans insinuating that the budget cuts brought on by President Obama's budget sequester plan are responsible for the Ebola outbreak. Of course the CDC has been slow to respond to this crisis due much to their own incompetence. Remember this is the same government entity responsible for the storage of small pox virus in unlabeled vials in cold storage unapproved for storage of deadly pathogens

This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you, public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:WOW! This is not a disease where compassion should be trumping protocol. Obama has failed the country by a too little too late response by not at least ramping up surveillance at US airports on incoming foreign flights. While the borders might be impossible to close, they should have been severely restricted to non-citizens arriving from West Africa or hot countries. Arriving US citizens from hot zones should be tested and watched closely for symptoms. Non-citizens need to be turned away.

Meanwhile the leftist Agenda Project is now airing ads featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and other Republicans insinuating that the budget cuts brought on by President Obama's budget sequester plan are responsible for the Ebola outbreak. Of course the CDC has been slow to respond to this crisis due much to their own incompetence. Remember this is the same government entity responsible for the storage of small pox virus in unlabeled vials in cold storage unapproved for storage of deadly pathogens

This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

The blame for this is one of those chicken and egg arguments that I don't want to be part of, just like the senseless blame for Bush on Katrina. I do however think a Surgeon General is a must right now. I hope we can make that happen.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:WOW! This is not a disease where compassion should be trumping protocol. Obama has failed the country by a too little too late response by not at least ramping up surveillance at US airports on incoming foreign flights. While the borders might be impossible to close, they should have been severely restricted to non-citizens arriving from West Africa or hot countries. Arriving US citizens from hot zones should be tested and watched closely for symptoms. Non-citizens need to be turned away.

Meanwhile the leftist Agenda Project is now airing ads featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and other Republicans insinuating that the budget cuts brought on by President Obama's budget sequester plan are responsible for the Ebola outbreak. Of course the CDC has been slow to respond to this crisis due much to their own incompetence. Remember this is the same government entity responsible for the storage of small pox virus in unlabeled vials in cold storage unapproved for storage of deadly pathogens

This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

So then you are for banning any people into this country that aren't citizens and come from a hot zone. Is that what you meant?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

The blame for this is one of those chicken and egg arguments that I don't want to be part of, just like the senseless blame for Bush on Katrina.  I do however think a Surgeon General is a must right now.  I hope we can make that happen.

Explain how having a Surgeon General would have prevented Mr. Duncan from coming into the country apparently knowing he was sick with Ebola or the nurse catching Ebola?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

The blame for this is one of those chicken and egg arguments that I don't want to be part of, just like the senseless blame for Bush on Katrina.  I do however think a Surgeon General is a must right now.  I hope we can make that happen.

Explain how having a Surgeon General would have prevented Mr. Duncan from coming into the country apparently knowing he was sick with Ebola or the nurse catching Ebola?

It wouldn't have. It would be silly to assume so. Going forward though, having someone with medical knowledge in charge of drawing up and executing a game plan on how to deal with this deadly virus is essential.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:58 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

The blame for this is one of those chicken and egg arguments that I don't want to be part of, just like the senseless blame for Bush on Katrina.  I do however think a Surgeon General is a must right now.  I hope we can make that happen.

Explain how having a Surgeon General would have prevented Mr. Duncan from coming into the country apparently knowing he was sick with Ebola or the nurse catching Ebola?

It wouldn't have.  It would be silly to assume so.  Going forward though, having someone with medical knowledge in charge of drawing up and executing a game plan on how to deal with this deadly virus is essential.

Are you saying the CDC and/or other facilities are incompetent to handle this Ebola situation?

Whatever the solution is somebody sure better congregate their collective fecal matter because a person in a Kansas City hospital is being tested for Ebola!
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

The blame for this is one of those chicken and egg arguments that I don't want to be part of, just like the senseless blame for Bush on Katrina.  I do however think a Surgeon General is a must right now.  I hope we can make that happen.

Explain how having a Surgeon General would have prevented Mr. Duncan from coming into the country apparently knowing he was sick with Ebola or the nurse catching Ebola?

It wouldn't have.  It would be silly to assume so.  Going forward though, having someone with medical knowledge in charge of drawing up and executing a game plan on how to deal with this deadly virus is essential.

You mean like the CDC Director Tom Frieden? That guy is a frickin genius!
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:You mean like the CDC Director Tom Frieden? That guy is a frickin genius!

You are very generous!

Based on the times I listened to him talk and then see the real world event I would not call him a genius.

He seems more to be the person who is unable to dazzle us with brilliance proceeds to try to baffle us with bullshit.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

The blame for this is one of those chicken and egg arguments that I don't want to be part of, just like the senseless blame for Bush on Katrina.  I do however think a Surgeon General is a must right now.  I hope we can make that happen.

Explain how having a Surgeon General would have prevented Mr. Duncan from coming into the country apparently knowing he was sick with Ebola or the nurse catching Ebola?

It wouldn't have.  It would be silly to assume so.  Going forward though, having someone with medical knowledge in charge of drawing up and executing a game plan on how to deal with this deadly virus is essential.

Are you saying the CDC and/or other facilities are incompetent to handle this Ebola situation?

Whatever the solution is somebody sure better congregate their collective fecal matter because a person in a Kansas City hospital is being tested for Ebola!

Their competence isn't really the issue here.  The problem is that, as you stated, there are a number of departments working in this with their own individual jobs.  None of which include coordinating efforts and reporting to not only the White House, but the American people.  That is of course the job of the Surgeons General, if we only had one...
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

The blame for this is one of those chicken and egg arguments that I don't want to be part of, just like the senseless blame for Bush on Katrina.  I do however think a Surgeon General is a must right now.  I hope we can make that happen.

Explain how having a Surgeon General would have prevented Mr. Duncan from coming into the country apparently knowing he was sick with Ebola or the nurse catching Ebola?

It wouldn't have.  It would be silly to assume so.  Going forward though, having someone with medical knowledge in charge of drawing up and executing a game plan on how to deal with this deadly virus is essential.

Are you saying the CDC and/or other facilities are incompetent to handle this Ebola situation?

Whatever the solution is somebody sure better congregate their collective fecal matter because a person in a Kansas City hospital is being tested for Ebola!

Their competence isn't really the issue here.  The problem is that, as you stated, there are a number of departments working in this with their own individual jobs.  None of which include coordinating efforts and reporting to not only the White House, but the American people.  That is of course the job of the Surgeons General, if we only had one...


Hmmmm. Nothing about coordinating efforts of the CDC and NIH. Must be missing something.  scratch

http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/about/duties/index.html
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Their competence isn't really the issue here.  The problem is that, as you stated, there are a number of departments working in this with their own individual jobs.  None of which include coordinating efforts and reporting to not only the White House, but the American people.  That is of course the job of the Surgeons General, if we only had one...

I disagree, competence is very much the issue.  The official story from the CDC is the nurse got Ebola because of a "breach of protocol" yet fail to divulge that breach, if there really was one.  Are they trying to keep from admitting infection of Ebola can happen in ways other than direct contact with bodily fluids, like it being airborne"

If Dr. Friedman of the CDC is telling the truth (which I am starting to doubt) the CDC is calling the shots  -- you know directing the actions of the other facilities.

There is a supposedly acting Surgeon General but, somehow doubt even a Surgeon General would have little impact.

I repeat my concern that the CDC get their shiste together and coordinate everything even more closely with the other facilities involved and by all means effect on site supervision and management of assets.

It is difficult at best to effectively manage or control anything without being on site.  Even President Eisenhower knew this when he said
It is easy to be a farmer when your field is a sheet of paper and the plow is a pencil.
(or something close to that)
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:26 am

Gomezz, that was a very informative article outlining the duties of the Surgeon General's support staff, but what you are missing is an explanation of his duties.  Sometimes you have to go straight to the horses mouth.  Here is an excerpt from an interview with Dr. Richard Carmona, the 17th Surgeon General.

"The Surgeon General interfaces on a daily basis with the NIH, CDC,  SAMHSA,   HRSA , and all of the federally related health agencies as well as global health organizations like the World Health Organization, Pan American Health Association, and the American Public Health Association. The Surgeon General provides in-depth analysis of health policy for every cabinet minister, including the Interior, Commerce, and Homeland Security. It’s a very visible, credible, and iconic position."

Skeptical, as you can see there are too many duties for these other departments to simply absorb.  These different departments and the American people need the communication the Surgeon General provides.


Last edited by Dr. Jones on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 am

Here's the link:

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Blogs/KevinMD/12489
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:10 am

I reckon we are all doomed because there isn't a Surgeon General of the United States or isn't anybody capable of stepping up to the plate to take charge and kick ass and take names to get the situation under control.

We should all find a solid table, crawl under it and assume the sitting position with knees up by ears,  bend down to kiss our behind because folks, it is all over!

Or perhaps we should look for the yellow brick road and follow it to the Wizard to save us.

Woe is us, oh woe is us.

(BTW, Darth, you are correct!)
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:28 am

Skeptical wrote:I reckon we are all doomed because there isn't a Surgeon General of the United States or isn't anybody capable of stepping up to the plate to take charge and kick ass and take names to get the situation under control.

We should all find a solid table, crawl under it and assume the sitting position with knees up by ears,  bend down to kiss our behind because folks, it is all over!

Or perhaps we should look for the yellow brick road and follow it to the Wizard to save us.

Woe is us, oh woe is us.

(BTW, Darth, you are correct!)

Or we could just stop the childish antics and obstructionism and get someone in the job....
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:39 am

Dr. Jones wrote:  Or we could just stop the childish antics and obstructionism and get someone in the job....

Oh yes, let's all wait for the Surgeon General savior!  After all he/she is the ONLY person capable of preventing this situation from becoming a full blown emergency..

Coming next, this Ebola crisis is the fault of the NRA, right Doc?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  Or we could just stop the childish antics and obstructionism and get someone in the job....

Oh yes, let's all wait for the Surgeon General savior!  After all he/she is the ONLY person capable of preventing this situation from becoming a full blown emergency..

Coming next, this Ebola crisis is the fault of the NRA, right Doc?

Almost as obtuse as blaming Obama....
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3329
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum