Breach in Protocol ???

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

Speaking of travel ban .....

If you have time catch the incompetent Dr. Friedman or one of his cronies declare preventing travel to the US would greatly hamper containing Ebola in Africa.  Then one of them went on to give the best reason to secure our borders when it was said by preventing direct travel to the US they would go to another country and come overland across our borders and we wouldn't even know.

It would be helpful if you would explain in detail how allowing unlimited travel to this country from those countries where Ebola is a serious problem will aid in containing the disease in those countries.
.

As I said, I would be fine with a travel ban.

Then you say Dr. Friedman is wrong?

Dunno.  Never read it.  As I said, I'm fine with a ban.  I just don't see much room for improvement.

Your buddy Friedman says a travel ban would be wrong ... therefore you disagree with him.
Are you right or is he?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2566
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Go to FX news on TV and you might see Dr. Friedman state his objections to the travel ban you think is OK.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2566
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

Speaking of travel ban .....

If you have time catch the incompetent Dr. Friedman or one of his cronies declare preventing travel to the US would greatly hamper containing Ebola in Africa.  Then one of them went on to give the best reason to secure our borders when it was said by preventing direct travel to the US they would go to another country and come overland across our borders and we wouldn't even know.

It would be helpful if you would explain in detail how allowing unlimited travel to this country from those countries where Ebola is a serious problem will aid in containing the disease in those countries.
.

As I said, I would be fine with a travel ban.

Then you say Dr. Friedman is wrong?

Dunno.  Never read it.  As I said, I'm fine with a ban.  I just don't see much room for improvement.

Your buddy Friedman says a travel ban would be wrong ... therefore you disagree with him.
Are you right or is he?

I've never had a beer with him. Therefore he is not my buddy.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Skeptical on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

Speaking of travel ban .....

If you have time catch the incompetent Dr. Friedman or one of his cronies declare preventing travel to the US would greatly hamper containing Ebola in Africa.  Then one of them went on to give the best reason to secure our borders when it was said by preventing direct travel to the US they would go to another country and come overland across our borders and we wouldn't even know.

It would be helpful if you would explain in detail how allowing unlimited travel to this country from those countries where Ebola is a serious problem will aid in containing the disease in those countries.
.

As I said, I would be fine with a travel ban.

Then you say Dr. Friedman is wrong?

Dunno.  Never read it.  As I said, I'm fine with a ban.  I just don't see much room for improvement.

Your buddy Friedman says a travel ban would be wrong ... therefore you disagree with him.
Are you right or is he?

I've never had a beer with him.  Therefore he is not my buddy.

Do you still disagree with him about the travel .. after all he maintains a ban will hamper containing the disease in Africa.

Who is correct, you or him?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2566
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

Speaking of travel ban .....

If you have time catch the incompetent Dr. Friedman or one of his cronies declare preventing travel to the US would greatly hamper containing Ebola in Africa.  Then one of them went on to give the best reason to secure our borders when it was said by preventing direct travel to the US they would go to another country and come overland across our borders and we wouldn't even know.

It would be helpful if you would explain in detail how allowing unlimited travel to this country from those countries where Ebola is a serious problem will aid in containing the disease in those countries.
.

As I said, I would be fine with a travel ban.

Then you say Dr. Friedman is wrong?

Dunno.  Never read it.  As I said, I'm fine with a ban.  I just don't see much room for improvement.

Your buddy Friedman says a travel ban would be wrong ... therefore you disagree with him.
Are you right or is he?

I've never had a beer with him.  Therefore he is not my buddy.

Do you still disagree with him about the travel .. after all he maintains a ban will hamper containing the disease in Africa.

Who is correct, you or him?

I can't say as I have a real stiff opinion on it.  All I know is that our current plan has a track record that would be tough to beat.


Last edited by Dr. Jones on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

Speaking of travel ban .....

If you have time catch the incompetent Dr. Friedman or one of his cronies declare preventing travel to the US would greatly hamper containing Ebola in Africa.  Then one of them went on to give the best reason to secure our borders when it was said by preventing direct travel to the US they would go to another country and come overland across our borders and we wouldn't even know.

It would be helpful if you would explain in detail how allowing unlimited travel to this country from those countries where Ebola is a serious problem will aid in containing the disease in those countries.
.

As I said, I would be fine with a travel ban.

Then you say Dr. Friedman is wrong?

Dunno.  Never read it.  As I said, I'm fine with a ban.  I just don't see much room for improvement.

Your buddy Friedman says a travel ban would be wrong ... therefore you disagree with him.
Are you right or is he?

I've never had a beer with him.  Therefore he is not my buddy.

Do you still disagree with him about the travel .. after all he maintains a ban will hamper containing the disease in Africa.

Who is correct, you or him?

I can't say as I have a real stiff opinion on it.  All I know is that our current plan has a track record that would be tough to beat.  If that changes I guess I will have to decide. If they choose to add restrictions as a further precaution I wouldn't object.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:20 pm

I don't know why we have so many threads pertaining to Ebola but I am going to stick with this one.

As I have said,I think that those medical professionals dealing with patients should be on lock down at the hospital as well. Certainly not on cruise ships, it on planes, or standing in the mall with their eyes dripping blood.

I would think that as a nurse or doctor treating one of these patients you wouldn't want to bring this into your home.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Seemed more appropriate here.

avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Here is the cover-up:  Obama wanted another case if Ebola so that Americans would force Republicans to stop their obstructionist ways and allow Dr. Vivek Murthy, Obama's appointee for Surgeon General, to accept his position and get to work on this.  It is unfortunate that there are some in Washington who continue to obstruct by not allowing a medical leader in this time of crisis. - Dr Jones

So why then did Obola appoint the political hack Ron Klain as an Obola Czar and not Vivek Murthy? Politics?
Suspect Suspect
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:16 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Here is the cover-up:  Obama wanted another case if Ebola so that Americans would force Republicans to stop their obstructionist ways and allow Dr. Vivek Murthy, Obama's appointee for Surgeon General, to accept his position and get to work on this.  It is unfortunate that there are some in Washington who continue to obstruct by not allowing a medical leader in this time of crisis. - Dr Jones

So why then did Obola appoint the political hack Ron Klain as an Obola Czar and not Vivek Murthy? Politics?
Suspect Suspect

Maybe he has a job?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Rusty Houser on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:35 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Here is the cover-up:  Obama wanted another case if Ebola so that Americans would force Republicans to stop their obstructionist ways and allow Dr. Vivek Murthy, Obama's appointee for Surgeon General, to accept his position and get to work on this.  It is unfortunate that there are some in Washington who continue to obstruct by not allowing a medical leader in this time of crisis. - Dr Jones

So why then did Obola appoint the political hack Ron Klain as an Obola Czar and not Vivek Murthy? Politics?
Suspect Suspect

Klain was a piss poor choice.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:54 am

Paquette wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Here is the cover-up:  Obama wanted another case if Ebola so that Americans would force Republicans to stop their obstructionist ways and allow Dr. Vivek Murthy, Obama's appointee for Surgeon General, to accept his position and get to work on this.  It is unfortunate that there are some in Washington who continue to obstruct by not allowing a medical leader in this time of crisis. - Dr Jones

So why then did Obola appoint the political hack Ron Klain as an Obola Czar and not Vivek Murthy? Politics?
Suspect Suspect

Klain was a piss poor choice.

Depends what you are really trying to accomplish...

Looks like he is already following in King Putts footsteps:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/17/obama-convened-a-meeting-coordinating-govt-ebola-response-and-someone-was-noticeably-absent/
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Here's an interesting read:

Ebola travel ban would be unprecedented
http://www.cnn.com//2014/10/17/politics/ebola-travel-ban-unprecedented/index.html
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Here's an interesting read:

Ebola travel ban would be unprecedented
http://www.cnn.com//2014/10/17/politics/ebola-travel-ban-unprecedented/index.html

So then the other 30+ nations that have adopted a travel ban are all wrong according to this liberal rag...got it!
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's an interesting read:

Ebola travel ban would be unprecedented
http://www.cnn.com//2014/10/17/politics/ebola-travel-ban-unprecedented/index.html

So then the other 30+ nations that have adopted a travel ban are all wrong according to this liberal rag...got it!

What article did you read?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Here's an interesting read:

Ebola travel ban would be unprecedented
http://www.cnn.com//2014/10/17/politics/ebola-travel-ban-unprecedented/index.html

Gotta love those Q&A articles that put up softball questions to be knocked out of the park and how they talk to their audience like a bunch of clueless 8 year olds. Sleep

How about this article that puts to rest many of the talking points being circulated in the MSM echo chamber.

http://radio.foxnews.com/2014/10/14/the-new-mindless-dogma-an-ebola-travel-ban-doesnt-work/

avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:11 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's an interesting read:

Ebola travel ban would be unprecedented
http://www.cnn.com//2014/10/17/politics/ebola-travel-ban-unprecedented/index.html

So then the other 30+ nations that have adopted a travel ban are all wrong according to this liberal rag...got it!

What article did you read?

The article you posted from CNN (Communist News Network). I have the ability to see agendas being reported.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:51 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's an interesting read:

Ebola travel ban would be unprecedented
http://www.cnn.com//2014/10/17/politics/ebola-travel-ban-unprecedented/index.html

Gotta love those Q&A articles that put up softball questions to be knocked out of the park and how they talk to their audience like a bunch of clueless 8 year olds.  Sleep

How about this article that puts to rest many of the talking points being circulated in the MSM echo chamber.

http://radio.foxnews.com/2014/10/14/the-new-mindless-dogma-an-ebola-travel-ban-doesnt-work/


Gotta love those one sided juvenile tantrums that rile up the troops with a heavy dose of sensationalism but offer very little factual information. Come back when you find an article with a little more substance.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:53 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Gotta love those one sided juvenile tantrums that rile up the troops with a heavy dose of sensationalism but offer very little factual information. Come back when you find an article with a little more substance.

But it's just common sense, defined as "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

They make a good argument that we should listen to the polls of those people who have a very simple perception of the facts rather than those with a more complete understanding of the complex nature of the situation. Add to that a resounding "is not" to anything that goes beyond that simple perception and you have an irrefutable argument.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:19 am

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Gotta love those one sided juvenile tantrums that rile up the troops with a heavy dose of sensationalism but offer very little factual information. Come back when you find an article with a little more substance.

But it's just common sense, defined as "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

They make a good argument that we should listen to the polls of those people who have a very simple perception of the facts rather than those with a more complete understanding of the complex nature of the situation. Add to that a resounding "is not" to anything that goes beyond that simple perception and you have an irrefutable argument.

What effect do you suppose their unsubstantiated fear mongering has had on our national polls?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:32 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Gotta love those one sided juvenile tantrums that rile up the troops with a heavy dose of sensationalism but offer very little factual information. Come back when you find an article with a little more substance.

But it's just common sense, defined as "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

They make a good argument that we should listen to the polls of those people who have a very simple perception of the facts rather than those with a more complete understanding of the complex nature of the situation. Add to that a resounding "is not" to anything that goes beyond that simple perception and you have an irrefutable argument.

What effect do you suppose their unsubstantiated fear mongering has had on our national polls?

People have to get their simple perception of the facts from somewhere but you aren't accusing CNN or the rest of unsubstantiated fear mongering are you? I dare you name one instance of the news media hyping up a story out of proportion to reality.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:48 am

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Gotta love those one sided juvenile tantrums that rile up the troops with a heavy dose of sensationalism but offer very little factual information. Come back when you find an article with a little more substance.

But it's just common sense, defined as "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

They make a good argument that we should listen to the polls of those people who have a very simple perception of the facts rather than those with a more complete understanding of the complex nature of the situation. Add to that a resounding "is not" to anything that goes beyond that simple perception and you have an irrefutable argument.

What effect do you suppose their unsubstantiated fear mongering has had on our national polls?

People have to get their simple perception of the facts from somewhere but you aren't accusing CNN or the rest of unsubstantiated fear mongering are you? I dare you name one instance of the news media hyping up a story out of proportion to reality.

I am accusing the GOP of fear mongering.  They are pretending like Obama has gone completely renegade on his handing of this crisis and thus he is unfit to handle it, when the truth is actually something quite different.  The truth is that this is being handled by the book, in a method that has been followed for decades.  Furthermore, there is no reason to believe that the plan isn't working.  This is just another manufactured scandal to discredit the president, only this time they are using fear.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Gotta love those one sided juvenile tantrums that rile up the troops with a heavy dose of sensationalism but offer very little factual information. Come back when you find an article with a little more substance.

But it's just common sense, defined as "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

They make a good argument that we should listen to the polls of those people who have a very simple perception of the facts rather than those with a more complete understanding of the complex nature of the situation. Add to that a resounding "is not" to anything that goes beyond that simple perception and you have an irrefutable argument.

What effect do you suppose their unsubstantiated fear mongering has had on our national polls?

People have to get their simple perception of the facts from somewhere but you aren't accusing CNN or the rest of unsubstantiated fear mongering are you? I dare you name one instance of the news media hyping up a story out of proportion to reality.

I am accusing the GOP of fear mongering.  They are pretending like Obama has gone completely renegade on his handing of this crisis and thus he is unfit to handle it, when the truth is actually something quite different.  The truth is that this is being handled by the book, in a method that has been followed for decades.  Furthermore, there is no reason to believe that the plan isn't working.  This is just another manufactured scandal to discredit the president, only this time they are using fear.

It's that time of year when the campaign ads are in full bloom and love is in the air.

There are plenty of legitimate issues worthy of bashing BHO over but this issue has shown the depths that my party has sunk to. this and so many other "issues". It's left me as a man without a party because the GOP has become something completely unrecognizable to me. The Democrats aren't above fear mongering either.

But don't underestimate the media's role in this. Fear sells. Fear is a tremendous generator of both cash and votes.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Gotta love those one sided juvenile tantrums that rile up the troops with a heavy dose of sensationalism but offer very little factual information. Come back when you find an article with a little more substance.

But it's just common sense, defined as "sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

They make a good argument that we should listen to the polls of those people who have a very simple perception of the facts rather than those with a more complete understanding of the complex nature of the situation. Add to that a resounding "is not" to anything that goes beyond that simple perception and you have an irrefutable argument.

What effect do you suppose their unsubstantiated fear mongering has had on our national polls?

People have to get their simple perception of the facts from somewhere but you aren't accusing CNN or the rest of unsubstantiated fear mongering are you? I dare you name one instance of the news media hyping up a story out of proportion to reality.

I am accusing the GOP of fear mongering.  They are pretending like Obama has gone completely renegade on his handing of this crisis and thus he is unfit to handle it, when the truth is actually something quite different.  The truth is that this is being handled by the book, in a method that has been followed for decades.  Furthermore, there is no reason to believe that the plan isn't working.  This is just another manufactured scandal to discredit the president, only this time they are using fear.

It's that time of year when the campaign ads are in full bloom and love is in the air.

There are plenty of legitimate issues worthy of bashing BHO over but this issue has shown the depths that my party has sunk to. this and so many other "issues". It's left me as a man without a party because the GOP has become something completely unrecognizable to me. The Democrats aren't above fear mongering either.

But don't underestimate the media's role in this. Fear sells. Fear is a tremendous generator of both cash and votes.

Your honesty is commendable. The "I" party is growing by the day.... Wink
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Rusty Houser on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:32 am

Dr. Jones wrote:The "I" party is growing by the day.... Wink

I'm not real impressed with most of the "I"s and the current generation of "L"s are nothing short of nuts.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum