Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Thinkers not so free thinking

+3
Gomezz Adddams
Skeptical
BladeRunner
7 posters

Go down

Free Thinkers not so free thinking Empty Free Thinkers not so free thinking

Post  BladeRunner Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 am

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/24/city-might-ban-the-jesus-messages-these-christian-students-painted-on-govt-owned-snow-plows-following-atheist-complaint/

I get a kick out of these "free thinkers" whining about something they don't even believe in anyway.

Ever notice how these same people ask the following question concerning gay marriage?

"How does effect you anyway" ?

Maybe they should ask that of themselves when it comes to kids painting snow plows......
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Free Thinkers not so free thinking Empty Re: Free Thinkers not so free thinking

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 am

BladeRunner wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/24/city-might-ban-the-jesus-messages-these-christian-students-painted-on-govt-owned-snow-plows-following-atheist-complaint/

I get a kick out of these "free thinkers" whining about something they don't even believe in anyway.

Ever notice how these same people ask the following question concerning gay marriage?

"How does effect you anyway" ?

Maybe they should ask that of themselves when it comes to kids painting snow plows......

You know the old rant ...."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Free Thinkers not so free thinking Empty Draws Better than a 5th Grader

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Scott Ehrisman (posting as l3wis) over at the  Southdacola blog claims he can draw/paint better than a 5th grader. A hilarious exchange as Don Coyote points out that his rendering of the iconic photograph of Che Guevera by Alberto Korda with a crappy Jackson Pollock overlay qualifies as non-art according to Ehrisman's own definition.

"IT IS NOT ART! IT IS NOT ORIGINAL. They used an image of a logo that is a popular T-shirt design. Stenciling or copying a design is NOT artistic expression, it is COPYING." Well Ehrisman's rendition certainly wasn’t original since it uses an image of a photo that is a popular T-shirt design (not mention being on every other damn chic item known to man) and “borrows” heavily from the abstract style of Jackson Pollock. And yet it's not "copying" or so Scott claims in his little world:  "I will say this, I did not use an overhead projector to trace an image of Che when I did that painting."

Free Thinkers not so free thinking Che_lucy

Bet he doesn't let his nephews or nieces win at Chutes and Ladders either.

http://www.southdacola.com/blog/2014/10/mayor-huether-proves-once-again-he-doesnt-understand-the-us-constitution/
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:05 pm

It appears that the Siouxland Freethinkers forgot to get their shorts in a bunch last year as those butt krazy Lutheran childrens painted religious themed snowplows in 2013 as well.

Free Thinkers not so free thinking Jesus_plow_2

Free Thinkers not so free thinking Jesus_plow
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 am

The name "Free" Thinkers is clearly a downright lie.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 am

BladeRunner wrote:The name "Free" Thinkers is clearly a downright lie.

Free Thinkers not so free thinking 1250919165
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:20 am

How is a subjective name that a group calls themselves a lie? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile.

By the way, I love the plows that Gomezz posted. Those are pretty cool and clever!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:58 am

Liberal wrote:

How is a subjective name that a group calls themselves a lie? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile.

By the way, I love the plows that Gomezz posted. Those are pretty cool and clever!

They don't stand for true "free" thinking.

I didn't think you'd understand that.

Thanks for proving my point.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:03 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:

"We can think what we want to think but if you don't agree with what we think you are a racist, homophobic, chrissy, gun-toting idiot"

~ liberal free thinker
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:57 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:

"We can think what we want to think but if you don't agree with what we think you are a racist, homophobic, chrissy, gun-toting idiot"

~  liberal free thinker

Free Thinkers not so free thinking 1250919165

They're such a free thinking group that even the sign saying the city doesn't endorse the art is not good enough and are planning on taking the city to court.

http://www.cruxnow.com/faith/2014/11/03/sd-painted-plow-art-could-face-cloudy-legal-fight/

BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:48 pm

I don't see an issue with it as long as Muslims are allowed to paint a shrine to their religion on one. Don't forget atheists either...

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I don't see an issue with it as long as Muslims are allowed to paint a shrine to their religion on one.  Don't forget atheists either...

What will atheists paint...an empty grave?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I don't see an issue with it as long as Muslims are allowed to paint a shrine to their religion on one.  Don't forget atheists either...

Who cares? Not for us to decide.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Who cares? Not for us to decide.

Then why do they care what some school children paint?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:45 pm

If this was truly an "establishment" issue your stance would make you a non-preferentialist which favors an establishment for everyone. However the 1st Amendment doesn't allow for any establishment and for all the flap doodle this is not an establishment case.

In County of Allegeheny vs ACLU, the SCOTUS ruled that an eighteen foot menorah in front of the county/city building was "secular" and therefore didn't violate the Lemon test. WTF? An iconic symbol of the Jewish religious holiday of Hanukkah is "secular"? It appears then that we can paint menorahs on a plow blade but not the word "Jesus". Wave the BS flag.

Also this is a school oriented art project. How many atheists schools are there in Sioux Falls? Or Muslim?

You fail ... again.  Sleep
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

If this was truly an "establishment" issue your stance would make you a non-preferentialist which favors an establishment for everyone. However the 1st Amendment doesn't allow for any establishment and for all the flap doodle this is not an establishment case.

In County of Allegeheny vs ACLU, the SCOTUS ruled that an eighteen foot menorah in front of the county/city building was "secular" and therefore didn't violate the Lemon test. WTF? An iconic symbol of the Jewish religious holiday of Hanukkah is "secular"? It appears then that we can paint menorahs on a plow blade but not the word "Jesus". Wave the BS flag.

Also this is a school oriented art project. How many atheists schools are there in Sioux Falls? Or Muslim?

You fail ... again.  Sleep

How does your statement prove any "failure" on my part?
scratch scratch scratch

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:36 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:

That's a lie

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 am

Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:

That's a lie

The children that painted those snow plows "think" their art should be allowed on the plow. The "free" Thinkers don't agree. They do not believe in "free" thought.

They are the ones lying.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down