SD Midterm Elections

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  BladeRunner on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:03 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote: Give me a break. Larry Pressler? Lord, if you want incompetence and someone totally disconnected from reality he's your guy.

I work with someone who claims to be a fiscal conservative and who really pushed for Pressler. He was quite upset he didn't win, in fact. He blames me for voting for him and that I voted for a "criminal".

And....get this, he said Carter was one of the best presidents we've had. affraid

I wasn't living in the state when Pressler was in the senate so I do not know his senate history. Can you tell me about his incompetence? I'd like to let my co-worker about this incompetence.

Going by the definition of incompetence:  "lack of the ability to do something well", Larry Pressler easily clears the bar. The stories were legion back during his years in Congress. He was called "Press Release" Larry because of his volumes of press releases for everything trivial. From his regular appearances on the DC cocktail circuit to his non-existent legislative record, Larry Pressler developed a reputation of a lightweight and a showhorse. It was once said “Larry will go a long way, but I don’t have the slightest idea what he’ll do when he gets there.”

Even his ABSCAM role was overblown by Larry. A look at accounts written by Jack Anderson are truly enlightening.

"Nothing very heroic, perhaps, but nothing Pressler had to lie about. Apparently he couldn't resist the temptation to work his personal political Abscam on the public."

Larry was so clueless about what was being offered or proposed that he chatted for a half hour and even offered to help for free!  "Middleman Silvestri replied, in effect, that there was no need for a payoff; Pressler would help for free because he believed that the shiek's investment would be good for the economy"

The national and Washington press used Pressler as a punching bag. Al Hunt, Jack Germond and Jack Anderson all took swipes at Larry. Here are a few Jack Anderson columns featuring the Adventures of Larry Pressler. What a hoot!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=932&dat=19800828&id=H11QAAAAIBAJ&sjid=s1IDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5214,6623758

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298&dat=19820224&id=IiFWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DuQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3623,3165715

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=943&dat=19860924&id=uDFTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=aIMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4215,2332730

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat=19760321&id=NxRZAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WEYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=4033,3651963

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19800829&id=c_hVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5-EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5711,8790720

Thanks Gomez! Just what I was looking for.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:35 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote: Give me a break. Larry Pressler? Lord, if you want incompetence and someone totally disconnected from reality he's your guy.

I work with someone who claims to be a fiscal conservative and who really pushed for Pressler. He was quite upset he didn't win, in fact. He blames me for voting for him and that I voted for a "criminal".

And....get this, he said Carter was one of the best presidents we've had. affraid

I wasn't living in the state when Pressler was in the senate so I do not know his senate history. Can you tell me about his incompetence? I'd like to let my co-worker about this incompetence.

Going by the definition of incompetence:  "lack of the ability to do something well", Larry Pressler easily clears the bar. The stories were legion back during his years in Congress. He was called "Press Release" Larry because of his volumes of press releases for everything trivial. From his regular appearances on the DC cocktail circuit to his non-existent legislative record, Larry Pressler developed a reputation of a lightweight and a showhorse. It was once said “Larry will go a long way, but I don’t have the slightest idea what he’ll do when he gets there.”

Even his ABSCAM role was overblown by Larry. A look at accounts written by Jack Anderson are truly enlightening.

"Nothing very heroic, perhaps, but nothing Pressler had to lie about. Apparently he couldn't resist the temptation to work his personal political Abscam on the public."

Larry was so clueless about what was being offered or proposed that he chatted for a half hour and even offered to help for free!  "Middleman Silvestri replied, in effect, that there was no need for a payoff; Pressler would help for free because he believed that the shiek's investment would be good for the economy"

The national and Washington press used Pressler as a punching bag. Al Hunt, Jack Germond and Jack Anderson all took swipes at Larry. Here are a few Jack Anderson columns featuring the Adventures of Larry Pressler. What a hoot!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=932&dat=19800828&id=H11QAAAAIBAJ&sjid=s1IDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5214,6623758

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298&dat=19820224&id=IiFWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DuQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3623,3165715

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=943&dat=19860924&id=uDFTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=aIMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4215,2332730

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat=19760321&id=NxRZAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WEYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=4033,3651963

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19800829&id=c_hVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5-EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5711,8790720

Thanks Gomez! Just what I was looking for.

Looks like you've found yourself some good solid talking points there. I would go show that dumbass where the bear shits in the woods. Make sure there's lots of people around so you can make a real example out of him. Let us know how it goes....

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:36 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Defying what I thought was going to be the typical SD one sided sleeper, our state elections really surprised me this year.

I fully expected the sheeple to elect that little troll looking crook Rounds.  The real question is going to be weather we will be able to save ourselves the embarrassment of a possible indictment for his EB-5 involvement.

Obviously the garden gnome and DD were no surprise.  It's ironic that we sent a gnome and a troll to represent us.

Anyhow, this is where it gets interesting.  We had two votes that went decidedly democratic.  Obviously the GOP's stance is that the government does not intervene with healthcare, and minimum wage increases are a big no-no.  This begs the question:

Why would someone who votes for a minimum wage increase also vote for Rounds, Noem, or DD?  Or vise versa?

In my opinion, there is a very large number of people who consider themselves to be conservatives who simply do not know or understand conservative principles.

Our country was founded on reason, conservative principles and Judeo-Christian values.  For the past century the progressive liberals have been hard at work replacing reason, conservative principles and Judeo-Christian values with FEELINGS.   And unfortunately they have been quite successful.

When a person who may truly be a conservative in their heart is asked to make a decision, they do not know or understand the conservative principles and how they apply.  As a result, they resort to what they FEEL is the right choice and they rationalize that they made a conservative decision.  All to often their FEELINGS caused them to make a bad decision.

Yep. And if you dig deeper you can get to the fundamental root of this whole problem.

You can thank the feminist movement for this. Most women make decisions based on their feelings. And what gender makes up most of the school teachers in this country?

Women.

What decision making skills are these women teaching our young men?

To make their decisions based on feelings.

The bringing down in our society of the importance of fathers in our society is another problem, which is also attributed to the feminist movement. Shows like "Married With Children" and "Simpsons" which fathers being idiots were immensely popular, but what did they really do? Brought down the importance of fatherhood in our society.

So you don't think women are competent to vote.....how predictable.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  BladeRunner on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
So you don't think women are competent to vote.....how predictable.

What is predictable is your lack of understanding of the feminist movement. (hint: it wasn't about women's right to vote).
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:10 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
So you don't think women are competent to vote.....how predictable.

What is predictable is your lack of understanding of the feminist movement. (hint: it wasn't about women's right to vote).

Ummm.....OK? You just blamed women for botching the election. What is it that I'm not getting?

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Jammer on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:37 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
So you don't think women are competent to vote.....how predictable.

What is predictable is your lack of understanding of the feminist movement. (hint: it wasn't about women's right to vote).

And I will raise you one "predictable".   Progressive liberals can always be counted on to lie, distort and misrepresent.  However, when they are caught in their transgressions, they will predictably just ignore it and slink away like nothing ever happened.

Moonbeam comes on here and slams hedge fund managers for their lack of integrity and generally just being a bunch of despicable people and alleging they are today's conservatives.   However, when he is shown that these despicable people he has singled out for his "class warfare" rant are nothing but a bunch of progressive liberal slime bags he just dismisses it.  The only thing worse than a progressive liberal is two progressive liberals.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:



I still stand firm in my statement.  I don't deny that our country was founded on more conservative principles, but if those men from long ago knew how their conservative principles were being desecrated by you modern day hacks, they would bring your little world to an end.

The biggest problem is that you lack their integrity.  I don't think that they had any idea people could show such indifference toward their fellow citizens.  I was talking to a guy one day about how these parasitic hedge funds were hurting the entire country by creating such violent swings in the commodity market.  All he could say was that people died for their right to do so.  If he had been 30 years younger I would have cleaned his clock right then and there.  That statement was a disgrace to the many people who fought and died for our freedom.

They didn't fight for the peoples' right to work harder and harder to be compensated less and less.  They didn't fight for the rights of a few to gouge the rest of the nation for their basic necessities.  They certainly didn't fight for this oligarchy that we currently live in.  They fought to give everyone a fair shake.  The foundation of our country has nothing to do with your little charade.

First of all our country was not founded on MORE conservative principles, it was founded on conservative principles period.

Second, today's conservatives have not desecrated these founding principles.  In fact it is the basis for their beliefs today.   Take a look at the 3 pillars of today's TEA Party movement:

Fiscal Responsibility
Constitutionally Limited Government
Free market Capitalism

These concepts are right out of the words of our Founders and the system they created.  You are simply full of bull sheet if you try to say anything different.

I tried give your dumb ass the benefit of the doubt here because I am a believer in the conservative values of our ancestors, but you didn't take it.  Now I am going to have to ask you for proof to back up your ludicrous claims.  

And if there are some people who you consider conservatives that are desecrating these founding principles, I submit it might be the so called moderate Republican establishment.  There I would agree with you as these people do not adhere to conservative principles and it is an embarrassment when they try to identify themselves as conservatives.

You just go ahead and keep telling yourself that.


Third, conservatives are not indifferent to the needs of society.  They just believe that they need to be handled in a much more effective and efficient manner than having a remote and bloated federal bureaucracy be the sole solution.  Conservatives believe in the Founding Fathers "scale of responsibility" when dealing with those unable to care for themselves.  In fact, study after study has shown that conservatives are far more generous that the FAKE compassionate progressive liberals when donating to charity.

I am interested to hear more about the founding father's "scale of responsibility".  Did you learn of that in an email?


Fourth, I doubt if you even know what a hedge fund is and it is obvious that you are unaware that the vast majority of these are run by progressive liberals such as the likes of George Soros, Nancy Pelosi's husband, Diane Feinstein's husband and the disgraced former democrat governor of New Jersey Jon Corzine.   I agree with you that the ethical backbone of many of these hedge funds is nonexistent, but most of them (probably north of 80%) are run by PROGRESSIVE LIBERALS.

Obviously hedge funds are the evil step sister of mutual funds.  They are more of an invite only group so they are more able to buck government regulation.  Which is fine until they start to manipulate the price of our necessities, regardless of their political affiliation.  80%? Good gawd that's a big number. Where did you come up with it?  I sure hope you didn't just pull it out of your ass..

Unfortunately the low information voters these elitists use to help push their agenda are clueless and I mean clueless on these issues.  They know not what they speak of but get on forums like this and shout at the top of their lungs in defense of these warm and fuzzy FEELINGS they have for progressive liberalism and they are FOOLS for doing so.


Last edited by Dr. Jones on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:11 pm


Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Jammer wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
So you don't think women are competent to vote.....how predictable.

What is predictable is your lack of understanding of the feminist movement. (hint: it wasn't about women's right to vote).

And I will raise you one "predictable".   Progressive liberals can always be counted on to lie, distort and misrepresent.  However, when they are caught in their transgressions, they will predictably just ignore it and slink away like nothing ever happened.

Moonbeam comes on here and slams hedge fund managers for their lack of integrity and generally just being a bunch of despicable people and alleging they are today's conservatives.   However, when he is shown that these despicable people he has singled out for his "class warfare" rant are nothing but a bunch of progressive liberal slime bags he just dismisses it.  The only thing worse than a progressive liberal is two progressive liberals.

Does this mean it's my turn to go all in an the predictability of your support of him after his deplorable comments?

Spare me your drama.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Jammer on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Don't you just love it when a progressive liberal sees themselves in a mirror for the first time.  It scares the hell out of them.  affraid
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Here's a few interesting quotes to think about:

http://aattp.org/9-founding-fathers-quotes-that-will-make-conservatives-heads-explode/

Heads explode? Hardly. The first two Jefferson quotes are spurious, the Tripoli quote is doubtful and the rest have been yanked out of their historical context. Fail... try again.

Another quote, #9, is a mismash of a Jefferson letter to Hoaratio Spafford and Jefferson's Notes on the State of Virginia.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Jammer on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's a few interesting quotes to think about:

http://aattp.org/9-founding-fathers-quotes-that-will-make-conservatives-heads-explode/

Heads explode? Hardly. The first two Jefferson quotes are spurious, the Tripoli quote is doubtful and the rest have been yanked out of their historical context. Fail... try again.

I know, all of the quotes were virtually meaningless.  However, when a progressive liberal is backed into the corner they turn to Google and immediately copy and paste.  For some reason they think that serves as a worthy rebuttal.

In the list of 10 quotes, the one I got the biggest laugh out of was:

The Founding Fathers on liberalism.

6. “As Mankind becomes more liberal (free), they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality (liberty) ."— George Washington



Words like conservatism and socialism did not exist back in the 18th century and the word liberal did not mean anything like it does today in a political context.  Liberal back in George Washington's day was associated with liberty and the concept of freedom.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061017085458AAL8zm9

So if you were to substitute the words "free and freedom or liberty" in Washington's quote you get what he was talking about.   However, to the liberal morons, they jump on that quote and try to convince people that George Washington supported liberalism as we know it today.   And thanks to the great philosophers of our time like Darth, we all know that liberalism today is a mental disease.

But the real disturbing thing is that "moonbeam" posted that link purposely trying to deceive people.   He has clearly demonstrated that he is a dishonest person and can never ever be trusted.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Jammer wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's a few interesting quotes to think about:

http://aattp.org/9-founding-fathers-quotes-that-will-make-conservatives-heads-explode/

Heads explode? Hardly. The first two Jefferson quotes are spurious, the Tripoli quote is doubtful and the rest have been yanked out of their historical context. Fail... try again.

I know, all of the quotes were virtually meaningless.  However, when a progressive liberal is backed into the corner they turn to Google and immediately copy and paste.  For some reason they think that serves as a worthy rebuttal.

In the list of 10 quotes, the one I got the biggest laugh out of was:

The Founding Fathers on liberalism.

6. “As Mankind becomes more liberal (free), they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality (liberty) ."— George Washington



Words like conservatism and socialism did not exist back in the 18th century and the word liberal did not mean anything like it does today in a political context.  Liberal back in George Washington's day was associated with liberty and the concept of freedom.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061017085458AAL8zm9

So if you were to substitute the words "free and freedom or liberty" in Washington's quote you get what he was talking about.   However, to the liberal morons, they jump on that quote and try to convince people that George Washington supported liberalism as we know it today.   And thanks to the great philosophers of our time like Darth, we all know that liberalism today is a mental disease.

But the real disturbing thing is that "moonbeam" posted that link purposely trying to deceive people.   He has clearly demonstrated that he is a dishonest person and can never ever be trusted.

I'm encouraged to see you backed your opinion up with some actual thoughts, rather than just a snarky "these are all fake" type of reply. While I am not going to speak to the substance of your rebuttal, I most certainly personally agree with your sentiment that our forefathers were decidedly not liberal.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Jammer wrote:Don't you just love it when a progressive liberal sees themselves in a mirror for the first time.  It scares the hell out of them.  affraid

I hope that is not your final offer to atone for your slandering of our forefathers.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Jammer on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's a few interesting quotes to think about:

http://aattp.org/9-founding-fathers-quotes-that-will-make-conservatives-heads-explode/

Heads explode? Hardly. The first two Jefferson quotes are spurious, the Tripoli quote is doubtful and the rest have been yanked out of their historical context. Fail... try again.

I know, all of the quotes were virtually meaningless.  However, when a progressive liberal is backed into the corner they turn to Google and immediately copy and paste.  For some reason they think that serves as a worthy rebuttal.

In the list of 10 quotes, the one I got the biggest laugh out of was:

The Founding Fathers on liberalism.

6. “As Mankind becomes more liberal (free), they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality (liberty) ."— George Washington



Words like conservatism and socialism did not exist back in the 18th century and the word liberal did not mean anything like it does today in a political context.  Liberal back in George Washington's day was associated with liberty and the concept of freedom.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061017085458AAL8zm9

So if you were to substitute the words "free and freedom or liberty" in Washington's quote you get what he was talking about.   However, to the liberal morons, they jump on that quote and try to convince people that George Washington supported liberalism as we know it today.   And thanks to the great philosophers of our time like Darth, we all know that liberalism today is a mental disease.

But the real disturbing thing is that "moonbeam" posted that link purposely trying to deceive people.   He has clearly demonstrated that he is a dishonest person and can never ever be trusted.

I'm encouraged to see you backed your opinion up with some actual thoughts,  rather than just a snarky "these are all fake" type of reply.  While I am not going to speak to the substance of your rebuttal, I most certainly personally agree with your sentiment that our forefathers were decidedly not liberal.  

You should try speaking honestly for a change.  I think that would be encouraging to some people and as a result you might not encounter so many as you say snarky remarks.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's a few interesting quotes to think about:

http://aattp.org/9-founding-fathers-quotes-that-will-make-conservatives-heads-explode/

Heads explode? Hardly. The first two Jefferson quotes are spurious, the Tripoli quote is doubtful and the rest have been yanked out of their historical context. Fail... try again.

I know, all of the quotes were virtually meaningless.  However, when a progressive liberal is backed into the corner they turn to Google and immediately copy and paste.  For some reason they think that serves as a worthy rebuttal.

In the list of 10 quotes, the one I got the biggest laugh out of was:

The Founding Fathers on liberalism.

6. “As Mankind becomes more liberal (free), they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality (liberty) ."— George Washington



Words like conservatism and socialism did not exist back in the 18th century and the word liberal did not mean anything like it does today in a political context.  Liberal back in George Washington's day was associated with liberty and the concept of freedom.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061017085458AAL8zm9

So if you were to substitute the words "free and freedom or liberty" in Washington's quote you get what he was talking about.   However, to the liberal morons, they jump on that quote and try to convince people that George Washington supported liberalism as we know it today.   And thanks to the great philosophers of our time like Darth, we all know that liberalism today is a mental disease.

But the real disturbing thing is that "moonbeam" posted that link purposely trying to deceive people.   He has clearly demonstrated that he is a dishonest person and can never ever be trusted.

I'm encouraged to see you backed your opinion up with some actual thoughts,  rather than just a snarky "these are all fake" type of reply.  While I am not going to speak to the substance of your rebuttal, I most certainly personally agree with your sentiment that our forefathers were decidedly not liberal.  

You appear to be conflating classical liberalism/lockean liberalism/enlightenment liberalism with FDR liberalism/socialism/communism. They are not the same and it is you who is slandering the Founders/Framers.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote: Give me a break. Larry Pressler? Lord, if you want incompetence and someone totally disconnected from reality he's your guy.

I work with someone who claims to be a fiscal conservative and who really pushed for Pressler. He was quite upset he didn't win, in fact. He blames me for voting for him and that I voted for a "criminal".

And....get this, he said Carter was one of the best presidents we've had. affraid

I wasn't living in the state when Pressler was in the senate so I do not know his senate history. Can you tell me about his incompetence? I'd like to let my co-worker about this incompetence.

Going by the definition of incompetence:  "lack of the ability to do something well", Larry Pressler easily clears the bar. The stories were legion back during his years in Congress. He was called "Press Release" Larry because of his volumes of press releases for everything trivial. From his regular appearances on the DC cocktail circuit to his non-existent legislative record, Larry Pressler developed a reputation of a lightweight and a showhorse. It was once said “Larry will go a long way, but I don’t have the slightest idea what he’ll do when he gets there.”

Even his ABSCAM role was overblown by Larry. A look at accounts written by Jack Anderson are truly enlightening.

"Nothing very heroic, perhaps, but nothing Pressler had to lie about. Apparently he couldn't resist the temptation to work his personal political Abscam on the public."

Larry was so clueless about what was being offered or proposed that he chatted for a half hour and even offered to help for free!  "Middleman Silvestri replied, in effect, that there was no need for a payoff; Pressler would help for free because he believed that the shiek's investment would be good for the economy"

The national and Washington press used Pressler as a punching bag. Al Hunt, Jack Germond and Jack Anderson all took swipes at Larry. Here are a few Jack Anderson columns featuring the Adventures of Larry Pressler. What a hoot!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=932&dat=19800828&id=H11QAAAAIBAJ&sjid=s1IDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5214,6623758

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298&dat=19820224&id=IiFWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DuQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3623,3165715

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=943&dat=19860924&id=uDFTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=aIMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4215,2332730

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat=19760321&id=NxRZAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WEYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=4033,3651963

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19800829&id=c_hVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5-EDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5711,8790720

Thanks Gomez! Just what I was looking for.

Looks like you've found yourself some good solid talking points there. I would go show that dumbass where the bear shits in the woods.  Make sure there's lots of people around so you can make a real example out of him.  Let us know how it goes....

Well firstly they aren't talking points. The links I posted are a typical sample of how the national press talked about Pressler when he was in the Senate. There are countless more on the Interweb but hidden behind paywalls.

Secondly I lived through his BS. I was voting before Pressler even ran for office. I know the fraud that Pressler was first hand. Hope he stays in DC.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:12 am

The problem with arguing with idiots...
The drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience every time.

Liberalism truly is a mental disease.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:21 am

Darth Cheney wrote:The problem with arguing with idiots...
The drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience every time.

Liberalism truly is a mental disease.

The problem with arguing with you idiots is that when you've got nothing, you resort to mindless personal attacks.  That's what got you here to begin with.


Last edited by Dr. Jones on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:23 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here's a few interesting quotes to think about:

http://aattp.org/9-founding-fathers-quotes-that-will-make-conservatives-heads-explode/

Heads explode? Hardly. The first two Jefferson quotes are spurious, the Tripoli quote is doubtful and the rest have been yanked out of their historical context. Fail... try again.

I know, all of the quotes were virtually meaningless.  However, when a progressive liberal is backed into the corner they turn to Google and immediately copy and paste.  For some reason they think that serves as a worthy rebuttal.

In the list of 10 quotes, the one I got the biggest laugh out of was:

The Founding Fathers on liberalism.

6. “As Mankind becomes more liberal (free), they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality (liberty) ."— George Washington



Words like conservatism and socialism did not exist back in the 18th century and the word liberal did not mean anything like it does today in a political context.  Liberal back in George Washington's day was associated with liberty and the concept of freedom.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061017085458AAL8zm9

So if you were to substitute the words "free and freedom or liberty" in Washington's quote you get what he was talking about.   However, to the liberal morons, they jump on that quote and try to convince people that George Washington supported liberalism as we know it today.   And thanks to the great philosophers of our time like Darth, we all know that liberalism today is a mental disease.

But the real disturbing thing is that "moonbeam" posted that link purposely trying to deceive people.   He has clearly demonstrated that he is a dishonest person and can never ever be trusted.

I'm encouraged to see you backed your opinion up with some actual thoughts,  rather than just a snarky "these are all fake" type of reply.  While I am not going to speak to the substance of your rebuttal, I most certainly personally agree with your sentiment that our forefathers were decidedly not liberal.  

You appear to be conflating classical liberalism/lockean liberalism/enlightenment liberalism with FDR liberalism/socialism/communism. They are not the same and it is you who is slandering the Founders/Framers.

Enlighten me....

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Jammer on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:04 am

Darth Cheney wrote:The problem with arguing with idiots...
The drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience every time.

Liberalism truly is a mental disease.

I hope this doesn't shock anyone, but I completely 100% agree with Darth on this issue.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Just Braying It on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:55 am

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:The problem with arguing with idiots...
The drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience every time.

Liberalism truly is a mental disease.

I hope this doesn't shock anyone, but I completely 100% agree with Darth on this issue.

No shock here. Teabaggers are predictable.

Just Braying It

Posts : 985
Join date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:40 am

Liberal wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:The problem with arguing with idiots...
The drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience every time.

Liberalism truly is a mental disease.

I hope this doesn't shock anyone, but I completely 100% agree with Darth on this issue.

No shock here. Teabaggers are predictable.

Thank you...I am a member of the TEA party.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Jammer on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:45 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Liberal wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:The problem with arguing with idiots...
The drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience every time.

Liberalism truly is a mental disease.

I hope this doesn't shock anyone, but I completely 100% agree with Darth on this issue.

No shock here. Teabaggers are predictable.

Thank you...I am a member of the TEA party.

And I am proud to say I am also.  When you consider that the TEA Party's core pillars are:

Fiscal Responsibility
Constitutionally Limited Government
Free Market Capitalism

It makes me wonder what type of person doesn't belong to the TEA Party movement and worse yet what kind of low life disparages these people?
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Just Braying It on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:49 am

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Liberal wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:The problem with arguing with idiots...
The drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience every time.

Liberalism truly is a mental disease.

I hope this doesn't shock anyone, but I completely 100% agree with Darth on this issue.

No shock here. Teabaggers are predictable.

Thank you...I am a member of the TEA party.

And I am proud to say I am also.  When you consider that the TEA Party's core pillars are:

Fiscal Responsibility
Constitutionally Limited Government
Free Market Capitalism

It makes me wonder what type of person doesn't belong to the TEA Party movement and worse yet what kind of low life disparages these people?

They call themselves teabaggers and chose Sarah Palin as their queen! I think I'll pass.

Just Braying It

Posts : 985
Join date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SD Midterm Elections

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum