Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will kids ever learn?

4 posters

Go down

When will kids ever learn? Empty When will kids ever learn?

Post  Skeptical Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

When will kids ever learn actions like what happened in Cleveland recently are not the way to make friends and influence people??

When the two officers arrived, the boy did not point the weapon at them or otherwise threaten them, Deputy Chief Ed Tomba of the Cleveland Division of Police told reporters early Sunday.

But he did reach for the weapon, Tomba said.

"The officers ordered him to stop and to show his hands and he went into his waistband and pulled out the weapon," he said.

A spectator said this when making a 911 call, "There's a guy in there with a pistol, you know, it's probably fake, but he's like pointing it at everybody,"

Tragically it was not a real weapon but was an air gun and this discovery after the fact no way makes the caller's opinion during the 911 call a positive fact..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/23/justice/cleveland-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

When will kids ever learn? Empty Re: When will kids ever learn?

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Skeptical wrote:
When will kids ever learn actions like what happened in Cleveland recently are not the way to make friends and influence people??

When the two officers arrived, the boy did not point the weapon at them or otherwise threaten them, Deputy Chief Ed Tomba of the Cleveland Division of Police told reporters early Sunday.

But he did reach for the weapon, Tomba said.

"The officers ordered him to stop and to show his hands and he went into his waistband and pulled out the weapon," he said.

A spectator said this when making a 911 call, "There's a guy in there with a pistol, you know, it's probably fake, but he's like pointing it at everybody,"

Tragically it was not a real weapon but was an air gun and this discovery after the fact no way makes the caller's opinion during the 911 call a positive fact..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/23/justice/cleveland-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

That is actually a high end pellet gun that could probably kill someone if shot at close range. Stupidity should be painful and expensive and this child learned that. I feel sorry for his family and for the officers and their families. This shouldn't have happened but the officers handled this 100% as they should. Nobody has a right to point any weapon at other people without suffering grave consequences.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:27 am

Darth Cheney wrote:That is actually a high end pellet gun that could probably kill someone if shot at close range.

Rolling Eyes

Police said the weapon was an "airsoft" type replica gun that resembled a semi-automatic pistol. The orange safety indicator had been removed, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/23/12-year-old-boy-brandishing-fake-gun-at-rec-center-dies-after-being-shot-by/?intcmp=latestnews

There are a small handful of air pistols that "could probably kill someone if shot at close range" but they're extraordinarily expensive, look more like a sawed off long gun than a pistol, require an outside source of air like a scuba tank or high pressure pump and don't come with a red tip.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:16 am

Paquette wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:That is actually a high end pellet gun that could probably kill someone if shot at close range.

Rolling Eyes

Police said the weapon was an "airsoft" type replica gun that resembled a semi-automatic pistol. The orange safety indicator had been removed, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/23/12-year-old-boy-brandishing-fake-gun-at-rec-center-dies-after-being-shot-by/?intcmp=latestnews

There are a small handful of air pistols that "could probably kill someone if shot at close range" but they're extraordinarily expensive, look more like a sawed off long gun than a pistol, require an outside source of air like a scuba tank or high pressure pump and don't come with a red tip.

The pistol I saw was a Umarex that shoots either a .17 or .22 cal lead pellet at around 600 fps. To a liberal. everything is an airsoft...which have bright orange tips to indicate they are play guns. Now tell me how many rounds it had in its clip...stupid liberal.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:41 am

Darth Cheney wrote:The pistol I saw was a Umarex that shoots either a .17 or .22 cal lead pellet at around 600 fps. To a liberal. everything is an airsoft...which have bright orange tips to indicate they are play guns. Now tell me how many rounds it had in its clip...stupid liberal.

Oh cool, where did you see the pistol that this child used? I haven't seen that, would you like to share that source with us?

I also didn't know that all these cops are liberals and don't know the difference between a little plastic ball and a lead pellet, even after they've had time to examine it. How in the world could they not know the difference?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:34 am

Darth Cheney wrote:The pistol I saw was a Umarex that shoots either a .17 or .22 cal lead pellet at around 600 fps. To a liberal. everything is an airsoft...which have bright orange tips to indicate they are play guns. Now tell me how many rounds it had in its clip...stupid liberal.

I found a picture of the gun in question.

When will kids ever learn? 1416783438989

But I wasn't able to find that model on the Umarex site.

I do share your disgust in those stupid, liberal cops who can hold a gun in their hands and not know the difference between an airsoft toy and a high powered, big game hunting pellet gun.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 am

Oh No!

Let the riots begin!

Of course, riots won't happen unless this was an African American child.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:31 am

Deputy Chief Ed Tomba of the Cleveland Division of Police showed reporters the weapon -- a large, black BB- or pellet-type replica gun resembling a semiautomatic pistol.

An orange tip indicating the gun was an air gun had been removed, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/24/justice/cleveland-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

No doubt if the move to put the responsibility solely on the shoulders of the police have not already started it probably will shortly.

After all a 911 caller mentioned the gun may be a fake , but he's like pointing it at everybody.

Therefore based on that the police SHOULD HAVE KNOWN the gun was not real!
When will kids ever learn? 1249464066

The 100% clarity of hindsight is already rearing its ugly head.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Tamir Rice's father asked why Cleveland police officers shot his 12-year-old son Saturday afternoon, instead of using a stun gun to subdue him when they said he pulled what turned out to be a BB gun from his waistband.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/father_of_child_fatally_shot_b.html

IIRC, the orange tip was added years ago so the gun could be determined to be fake because of incidents like this.  So what is the next step?  Will sale be to only those adults who pass a background checks?  Will these items be pulled from the store shelves?

No matter what panic steps are taken, until people  (young or old, man or woman) realize the weapon (real or fake) being brandished about is not the problem but the people who have a short in the headsets who are doing these things with a weapon (real or fake) is the problem, there will be problems!

Last edited by Skeptical on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 am

BladeRunner wrote:Oh No!

Let the riots begin!

Of course, riots won't happen unless this was an African American child.

It was !!

When will kids ever learn? Tamir-rice-15487b524171d82c
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:40 am

Rolling Eyes

Police said the weapon was an "airsoft" type replica gun that resembled a semi-automatic pistol. The orange safety indicator had been removed, police said.[/b]

If this is the model in question it has a 13 round capacity clip, a deadly velocity of 230 FPS and a range of up to 66 feet. But then again I've only seen a picture of the suspect's weapon, I didn't get a chance to examine it like those stupid liberal policemen who think everything is an airsoft.

The real question is why do you feel the need to dispute the LEOs that have actually examined this gun, call them stupid liberals and try to make it into some deadly, mankiller pellet gun? The results are the same, either way the police wouldn't be able to identify it as real, airsoft or pellet at first glance in a potentially deadly situation.

When will kids ever learn? PDSP1-15955402dt

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21378376&cp=4406646.4413993.4414427.23135446

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

When will kids ever learn? Empty Who Says You Can't Fix Stupid

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Paquette wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Police said the weapon was an "airsoft" type replica gun that resembled a semi-automatic pistol. The orange safety indicator had been removed, police said.[/b]

If this is the model in question it has a 13 round capacity clip, a deadly velocity of 230 FPS and a range of up to 66 feet. But then again I've only seen a picture of the suspect's weapon, I didn't get a chance to examine it like those stupid liberal policemen who think everything is an airsoft.

The real question is why do you feel the need to dispute the LEOs that have actually examined this gun, call them stupid liberals and try to make it into some deadly, mankiller pellet gun? The results are the same, either way the police wouldn't be able to identify it as real, airsoft or pellet at first glance in a potentially deadly situation.

When will kids ever learn? PDSP1-15955402dt

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21378376&cp=4406646.4413993.4414427.23135446

There isn't a law enforcement officer or military alive that would have known that was a pellet gun.

Hands up, I can't breathe!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:57 pm

No doubt Al Sharpton, Eic Holder, and even that MT suit HMWAIC would have recognized it to be a toy BB gun with a 1/400 of a second glance !!

Then again, hindsight can always be counted on to state a fact not known at the time of the incident.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:21 am

Again the question needs to be asked, "WHEN WILL KIDS EVER LEARN?"

The logic of any kid doing what is described below and expecting a good outcome escapes me. (that is, if there was an expectation of a good outcome)

Surveillance video appears to show a person -- identified by police and his family as Antonio Martin, 18 -- pointing a gun at an officer in a gas station parking lot in Berkeley right before the officer fatally shot the teen, Berkeley Mayor Theodore Hoskins told reporters Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/24/justice/missouri-officer-involved-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down