Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new favorite place to eat lunch

+3
Darth Cheney
Gomezz Adddams
BladeRunner
7 posters

Go down

My new favorite place to eat lunch Empty My new favorite place to eat lunch

Post  BladeRunner Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 am

Rosie's Cafe.

I went there over 20 years ago and recently went back. I had forgotten about the place.

It reminds me of a small town cafe, and the value is great.

Daily specials include a turkey/dressing/potato/gravy meal on Thursdays for $5.

An incredible value for basically a home cooked meal.

If you go, bring a check or cash. Credit/debit cards aren't accepted.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

My new favorite place to eat lunch Empty Re: My new favorite place to eat lunch

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 am

BladeRunner wrote:Rosie's Cafe.

I went there over 20 years ago and recently went back. I had forgotten about the place.

My father-in-law always ate there...every day. Like clock work. He loved the place. Never eaten there but maybe should try it out some day. Don't they have limited hours or something?
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

My father-in-law always ate there...every day. Like clock work. He loved the place. Never eaten there but maybe should try it out some day. Don't they have limited hours or something?

I'll check the hours next time I go. I am pretty sure they have breakfast and lunch, but not sure if they have an evening meal.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

My new favorite place to eat lunch Empty Hibaci Grill

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:52 am

Ate at the Hibachi Grill yesterday...excellent food in every way and great atmosphere. I was wondering why China Star was nearly empty last time I visited and I think they do a pretty good job. If you are going, go early because it is full be 12:00.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Ate at the Hibachi Grill yesterday...excellent food in every way and great atmosphere. I was wondering why China Star was nearly empty last time I visited and I think they do a pretty good job. If you are going, go early because it is full be 12:00.

It's definitely the best Chinese place in town--in quality and value.

The only problem with going there is I eat way too much.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Ate at the Hibachi Grill yesterday...excellent food in every way and great atmosphere. I was wondering why China Star was nearly empty last time I visited and I think they do a pretty good job. If you are going, go early because it is full be 12:00.

I wish I had the appetite and mass eating ability as when I was young...they would pay me to leave. Now after a plate, I am full.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Hansolo Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:49 am

Been going to Rosie's for 20 years. A true hidden gem.
Hansolo
Hansolo

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 pm

It seems every time I hit Huron, it's lost another greasy spoon. All Huron has left are the fast food dumps and Plains. Sad
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:55 pm

BladeRunner wrote:

[chinadoll] You eatie too much. You gowee homee now. [/chinadoll]
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I wish I had the appetite and mass eating ability as when I was young...they would pay me to leave. Now after a plate, I am full.

I'm the same way. That comes with age. Now give me a couple of fortys with the food... Twisted Evil
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:24 pm

I will bet that restaurants like the Hibachi Grill and China Star receive their food frozen in boxex and re-heat it for the troughs...anyone know for sure?

I can not imagine them having the cooking staff required to turn out that much good food. I thin McDonalds also receives it's food the same way.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:I will bet that restaurants like the Hibachi Grill and China Star receive their food frozen in boxex and re-heat it for the troughs...anyone know for sure?

I can not imagine them having the cooking staff required to turn out that much good food. I thin McDonalds also receives it's food the same way.
I like the Hibachi Grill too. But I wonder how long they will maintain their standards.  I will predict they increase price and decrease quality within a year or two. Hope I'm wrong though. I don't know how they receive their food, but you can't fool around with sushi.  That (the fish used) has to be flown in or frozen in.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:I will bet that restaurants like the Hibachi Grill and China Star receive their food frozen in boxex and re-heat it for the troughs...anyone know for sure?

I like the Hibachi Grill too. But I wonder how long they will maintain their standards.  I will predict they increase price and decrease quality within a year or two. Hope I'm wrong though. I don't know how they receive their food, but you can't fool around with sushi.  That (the fish used) has to be flown in or frozen in.
Look at the dessert trays, sushi, and other food items and they were perfectly prepared...I mean flawless construction.  I am not finding fault with bring pre-prepared food in at all just wondering how anyone would put out that quantity and quality of food..
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:08 pm

They make the Sushi right there.  I stood there and watched the guy make it before.  Im not saying the ingredients arent frozen(most food in most restaurants probably is too) but it is made there.  I usually stick to the Hibachi grill and whatever else is fresh.  

Their prices will probably go up for sure.  I see the jumbo buffet is out of business now. Big surprise there, ate there once and said never again.
Twinkies
Twinkies

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Twinkies wrote:They make the Sushi right there.  I stood there and watched the guy make it before.  Im not saying the ingredients arent frozen(most food in most restaurants probably is too) but it is made there.  I usually stick to the Hibachi grill and whatever else is fresh.  

Their prices will probably go up for sure.  I see the jumbo buffet is out of business now. Big surprise there, ate there once and said never again.
I believe the Jumbo Buffet is the old China Star almost across the street next to Montgomery Furniture. Actually, I think there food is almost as good if not equally but they do not have the nice interior.  The Hibachi has some pretty pricey looking materials in there and for $7.99 a plate...that doesn't pencil out.
Try the Taramisu there...very tasty. I would wrap my naked body in that if it was socially acceptable.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down