Another Day, Another Hate Crime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Day, Another Hate Crime

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:46 pm

I really get sick of people throwing the hate crime card. Rolling Eyes

Theft of baby Jesus figure may be hate crime
http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/26/us/massachusetts-stolen-baby-jesus/index.html
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3331
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Day, Another Hate Crime

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:40 am

Dr. Jones wrote:I really get sick of people throwing the hate crime card. Rolling Eyes  

Theft of baby Jesus figure may be hate crime
http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/26/us/massachusetts-stolen-baby-jesus/index.html

Hate crimes are, and should be, a hard charge to prove. This was probably just a really sick prank but if it can be shown that it was motivated by a hateful religious bias I have no problem with hate crime charges being brought.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Day, Another Hate Crime

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:36 am

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I really get sick of people throwing the hate crime card. Rolling Eyes  

Theft of baby Jesus figure may be hate crime
http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/26/us/massachusetts-stolen-baby-jesus/index.html

Hate crimes are, and should be, a hard charge to prove. This was probably just a really sick prank but if it can be shown that it was motivated by a hateful religious bias I have no problem with hate crime charges being brought.

I really don't disagree with you, but I am wondering if the usual hate crime critics will chime in where his holiness is concerned. I think this case is pretty sketchy though.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3331
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Day, Another Hate Crime

Post  Skeptical on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:58 am

The hate crime card is like the race card in that when either is invoked it makes headlines in the media.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Day, Another Hate Crime

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:11 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I really get sick of people throwing the hate crime card. Rolling Eyes  

Theft of baby Jesus figure may be hate crime
http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/26/us/massachusetts-stolen-baby-jesus/index.html

Hate crimes are, and should be, a hard charge to prove. This was probably just a really sick prank but if it can be shown that it was motivated by a hateful religious bias I have no problem with hate crime charges being brought.

I really don't disagree with you, but I am wondering if the usual hate crime critics will chime in where his holiness is concerned.  I think this case is pretty sketchy though.  

From the very few details presented, it's damned sketchy but I'm sure there's a lot left out of the news articles. If they decide to press hate crime charges I'll take a look at the case and form an opinion from there.

Most of the criticism of hate crime laws in general seem to fall into the persecution complex category. There's an almost universal cry of "only white people are charged with hate crimes". Exposure to the facts never seems to diminish that persecution complex.


Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Day, Another Hate Crime

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum