Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Faux Snooze B.S.

+9
Gomezz Adddams
Skeptical
Alleycat
Rusty Houser
Dr. Evil
BladeRunner
Just Braying It
nightlight88
Darth Cheney
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

More Faux Snooze B.S. Empty More Faux Snooze B.S.

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Why is it that any time a conservative is in a spat they have to pull the "censorship" card?  Or the "liberal media" card? The "GPLV" card? Why do they always feel the need to play the victim?  This is very clearly about dollars and cents, plain and simple.  To claim anything else would officially make you a whiney little bitch.

Fox says Dish is 'censoring' the news as blackout drags on
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/11/media/fox-news-dish-blackout-censoring/index.html

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

More Faux Snooze B.S. Empty Re: More Faux Snooze B.S.

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:13 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Why is it that any time a conservative is in a spat they have to pull the "censorship" card?  Or the "liberal media" card? Why do they always feel the need to play the victim?  This is very clearly about dollars and cents, plain and simple.  To claim anything else would officially make you a whiney little bitch.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/11/media/fox-news-dish-blackout-censoring/index.html

Dish stated it was in negotiations and almost completed where Fox was getting double what their previous contract says. Then Fox demanded three times their previous rate so Dish had to remove them from their lineup. Initially I wasn't happy but Fox is becoming as left wing as the rest so I really could care less. I will get my news from the internet until Obama's FCC takes control in February.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:41 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Fox is becoming as left wing as the rest...

This shouldn't surprise me since you think calling someone "fair minded" is an insult.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Why is it that any time a conservative is in a spat they have to pull the "censorship" card?  Or the "liberal media" card? Why do they always feel the need to play the victim?  This is very clearly about dollars and cents, plain and simple.  To claim anything else would officially make you a whiney little bitch.

Dish stated it was in negotiations and almost completed where Fox was getting double what their previous contract says. Then Fox demanded three times their previous rate so Dish had to remove them from their lineup.  Initially I wasn't happy but Fox is becoming as left wing as the rest so I really could care less. I will get my news from the internet until Obama's FCC takes control in February.

I'm sure they will blame ObamaCare, or high inflation due to government bailouts for their need to triple their income.  It works for everyone else. Rolling Eyes

It's unfortunate that Faux has become a little too warm and fuzzy for you, but good for you for heading to the internet where the "real" truth lies.  I'm sure that without the moral reporting standards (as low a they may be) of mainstream media outlets , such as Faux, you'll be able to hear exactly what you want to hear.  Good for you.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:13 am

One thing about Internet News is you can find something to support your opinion. I personally don't think Fox is becoming dangerously Leftwing. BTW Dr. Jones who the fudge is "Faux" News.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:27 am

Alleycat wrote:One thing about Internet News is you can find something to support your opinion.  I personally don't think Fox is becoming dangerously Leftwing. BTW Dr. Jones who the fudge is "Faux" News.

It's a cable network that offers political commentary masqueraded as news in an attempt to seem "fair and balanced".

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 am

Alleycat wrote:One thing about Internet News is you can find something to support your opinion.  I personally don't think Fox is becoming dangerously Leftwing. BTW Dr. Jones who the fudge is "Faux" News.

Maybe this is why the liberals like the good Dr don't like FOX news:

Greta Van Susteran wrote:My Personal Note to French Citizens:
-----
Dear French Citizens,

This is a personal note from me but I suspect it represents the sentiments of many Americans.

I am sorry that our President didn’t go to France today and stand with your President and other world leaders against terrorism. It was an important statement to send to France, to the world and to terrorists and frankly he blew it. It was a big missed opportunity for my President and thus for all Americans. He should have gone. It was a mistake that he did not. Sometimes mistakes like that are made.

I stand with you and I think all Americans do stand with you. I had wanted the President to go to Paris today to represent how I feel and how most Americans feel after Paris was terrorized but that did not happen. President Obama didn’t just disappoint you — he disappointed many Americans today. Maybe there is a reason for his absence that I just don’t know but right now the White House has released no explanation.

Despite today’s absence, I know our President wants to stop world terrorism but his bad manners today – or maybe just dropping the ball – is not something we should harbor but rather drop and move on. It may be easier for you to drop than many Americans. As already noted, I am not happy with him tonight, but I will get over it. But, in the mean time, I do want the citizens of France to know we Americans stand with you and that we need each other to fight terrorism.

I also want everyone in France to know – and this is very important 0 that we have not forgotten that it was the French President who was the first national leader to show up at the White House after 9/11. You don’t forget things like that. (Nor have we forgotten LaFayette who fought for us in the Revolutionary War but that’s a bit farther back!)

I love your nation and have spent a lot of time there over the years – from college onward. Your citizens have been friendly to Americans and to me (although many have looked askance at me when I speak my very fractured French. You could be a tad bit nicer about my French.) Our nations have had their difference over the years but always I know fundamentally we are friends even when we might have some disagreements. We have the same goals and the same dreams.

So….I apologize for my President’s absence. Tonight I am mad at him but I will get over it and I hope you do, too. We have a bigger fight to fight than bad manners. We need to fight terrorism.

Greta Van Susteren

FOX reveals the truth about the object of their worship.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:31 am

Dr. Jones wrote:

It's a cable network that offers political commentary masqueraded as news in an attempt to seem "fair and balanced".

Sigh, yes, FOX does have political commentary programs. They also have news programs.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:37 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Sigh, yes,  FOX does have political commentary programs. They also have news programs.

Sometimes the lines get so blurred it makes your head spin. Kind of reminds me of this:

http://vimeo.com/94749375

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:45 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Sigh, yes,  FOX does have political commentary programs. They also have news programs.

Sometimes the lines get so blurred it makes your head spin.  Kind of reminds me of this:

You watch FOX or do you get your opinions from leftwing skanks?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:01 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Sometimes the lines get so blurred it makes your head spin.  Kind of reminds me of this:

You watch FOX or do you get your opinions from leftwing skanks?

I'm a cord cutter, so I don't watch either, but I read about 80% CNN and 20% Faux News, just for an interesting cross reference.

We are kind of straying from the topic here tough of Faux News claiming to be "censored".  Any thoughts on that?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:07 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

and so the normal person is just so dumb that they can't sort the wheat from the chaff. There might be some truth to that when the Liberals  consider Jon Stewarts childishness as news.  Do you advocate that FOX News be censored.?

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:24 am

Remember when Fox News and the teabaggers tried to change "French fry" to "Freedom fry"? Apparently Greta doesn't.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:55 am

Alleycat wrote:Do you advocate that FOX News be censored.?

Do you think that Fox News is being censored? Do you think that CNN was being censored?

Or is it possible that this is simply the result of free market capitalism where both sides failed to reach an agreement while looking out for their own financial interests?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:58 am

Paquette wrote:

Do you think that Fox News is being censored? Do you think that CNN was being censored?

Or is it possible that this is simply the result of free market capitalism where both sides failed to reach an agreement while looking out for their own financial interests?

Don't forget to ask him why conservatives always feel they have to play the victim....

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Paquette wrote:

Absolutely 100% Right ON I don't give a fat fudge what any network preaches Or who gets their wittle feelings hurt BUT I will not tolerate censorship.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Paquette wrote:

Absolutely 100% Right ON I don't give a fat fudge what any  network preaches Or who gets their wittle feelings hurt BUT I will not tolerate censorship.

Soooo, you think Faux just got their wittle feelings hurt? Not really sure how to take your post.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Paquette wrote:

Absolutely 100% Right ON I don't give a fat fudge what any  network preaches Or who gets their wittle feelings hurt BUT I will not tolerate censorship.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Paquette wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
Paquette wrote:

I don't know do you? If anyone censors the news it would be the government in cahoots with the media. Would you want a media that plays footsie with the Government. There probably is some of that BUT the media will  be in cahoots with the politicians or political party and cover(censor) for them    The End PS BTW Dr Jones does your TV only have one channel and you are forced to watch Fox?

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
Paquette wrote:

I don't know do you? If anyone censors the news it would be the government in cahoots with the media. Would you want a media that plays footsie with the Government. There probably is some of that BUT the media will  be in cahoots with the politicians or political party and cover(censor) for them    The End  PS BTW Dr Jones does your TV only have one channel and you are forced to watch Fox?

Do you think that Fox News is being censored?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:09 am

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/dish-network-head-has-strong-ties-democrats#NPCPVq:T9b

In the 2014 cycle Ergen gave almost exclusively to Democratic candidates particularly to endangered Senate Democrats including Kay Hagen(NC), Mark Pryor (ARK.), Mark Warner (Va) and Mark Begich (Alaska).

In 2012, a federal complaint was filed against Ergen in which several company executives alleged that he had intimidated them into making contributions to specific candidates, the majority of which were Democrats.

According to the insider, Ergen insinuated to Han that he would still have his job if he declined to make the contribution, but would suffer consequences if he refused.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:32 am

BladeRunner wrote:http://www.mrctv.org/blog/dish-network-head-has-strong-ties-democrats#NPCPVq:T9b

In the 2014 cycle Ergen gave almost exclusively to Democratic candidates particularly to endangered Senate Democrats including Kay Hagen(NC), Mark Pryor (ARK.),  Mark Warner (Va) and Mark Begich (Alaska).

In 2012, a federal complaint was filed against Ergen in which several company executives alleged that he had intimidated them into making contributions to specific candidates, the majority of which were Democrats.

According to the insider, Ergen insinuated to Han that he would still have his job if he declined to make the contribution, but would suffer consequences if he refused.

I agree with you that our campaign finance system has some huge downfalls, but...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/24/dish-network-co-founder-accused-bullying-execs-for-political-donations/

The Federal Election Commission complaint, filed by conservative advocacy group Cause of Action, claimed an unnamed "insider" had come forward to report DISH executives "being compelled to make political campaign contributions."

A complaint filed, through a conservative advocacy group, by an "unnamed "insider"", that someone else was bullied into blah, blah, blah...

It's unclear to what extent these donations were partisan. Though the complaint detailed mostly donations to Democrats and Democrat-aligned causes, DISH Network PAC itself has donated to both parties. Ergen, too, has given thousands to both Democratic and Republican groups, according to federal records -- including the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Even Faux News couldn't sweep under the rug the fact that the DISH PAC was generous to both parties.  Much like the IRS "scandal" only a certain data set was under scrutiny, thus only one side was reported on.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:21 am

The battle is over.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/fox-news-dish-network-reach-deal-ending-3-week-fight/?intcmp=latestnews

If Fox was really worried about censorship, why don't they allow direct streaming from their web site without proving that you already receive their programing through an approved provider?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:04 am

This is a great deal. Dish wins, FOX wins and the public wins because more people have access to the truth. cheers The truth shall set you free cheers

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Faux News is going to get $1.50 per month per customer as per their new contract. Never been so proud to be a cord cutter.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/16/media/fox-news-fee-increase/index.html

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next