More Faux Snooze B.S.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: More Faux Snooze B.S.

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Faux News is going to get $1.50 per month per customer as per their new contract.  Never been so proud to be a cord cutter.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/16/media/fox-news-fee-increase/index.html

You just keep watching the other stations spread the great economic news...
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:16 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Faux News is going to get $1.50 per month per customer as per their new contract.  Never been so proud to be a cord cutter.

Is anyone FORCING you to watch anything?
nightlight88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:18 am

nightlight88 wrote:

They're FORCING me to pay for it. (were)
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:44 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Just accept it as one of the privileges of living in a free society as I and others do while being forced to pay for many things not agreed with.
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:59 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Just accept it as one of the privileges of living in a free society as I and others do while being forced to pay for many things not agreed with.

I ain't accepting shiste. I this will ensure that I never get cable again.
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:40 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

I ain't accepting shiste.  I this will ensure that I never get cable again.

It's kind of humorous, really.

You whine about being forced to paying for something you don't want.

Yet...have no problem when other people are forced to pay for something they don't want.

BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

WOW, that will show them what for, huh!?
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

WOW, that will show them what for, huh!?

And I hear them saying you'll never change things
And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
But it's not the world that I am changing
I do this so this world will know
That it will not change me"

"The Change" by Mr. Garth Brooks
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:11 am

I haven't had cable for 15 years after we moved to the country and I haven't had a satellite dish for about 5. I get my local TV with an antenna, but my family uses our televisions mostly for streaming video (Netflix, Amazon, Roku, etc).

Dish kept on jacking their prices and were terrible to work with. They don't offer existing customers promotional packages. There's a few stations I miss (Fox News being one of them), but it was just not worth the price we were paying. I can get whatever news and commentary I want online.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:38 am

BladeRunner wrote:I haven't had cable for 15 years after we moved to the country and I haven't had a satellite dish for about 5. I get my local TV with an antenna, but my family uses our televisions mostly for streaming video (Netflix, Amazon, Roku, etc).

Dish kept on jacking their prices and were terrible to work with. They don't offer existing customers promotional packages. There's a few stations I miss (Fox News being one of them), but it was just not worth the price we were paying. I can get whatever news and commentary I want online.

Things are starting to turn for us. Dish has a new program called Sling TV that streams 10 channels including ESPN, CNN, HGTV, Disney, Food Network, and others. For $20/month. CNN, HGTV, Discovery, History Channel, and CBS rounded out all I watched. I would gladly pay a couple bucks a piece for all of those and the heck with tbd rest. I suppose I would have to get a couple for the kids as well.

The biggest problem is that when people see us saving some money on something they always find a way to hit us somewhere else.
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 am

The biggest problem is that when people see us saving some money on something they always find a way to hit us somewhere else.[/quote]

Sounds like a progressive/liberal government at work.

nightlight88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am

nightlight88 wrote:

The biggest problem is that when people see us saving some money on something they always find a way to hit us somewhere else.

No my friend, that is what capitalism is all about...
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:14 am

A quick search for Sling TV showed what channels are included......only a couple of which I might be interested in. (TNT and TBS)

No Fox.

ABC Family is included ( a new kind of family) That channel is pretty bad when considering it's supposed to be a "family" channel.

An interesting viewpoint on Sling TV:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/01/06/bundled-cable-deathwatch-sling-tv-will-backfire-and-thats-a-good-thing/

My hope that Sling TV is no game changer is based on my burning hatred of any kind of bundled television. Streaming or not, I’m tired of paying for channels I don’t watch. And I’m really tired of channels like CNN and MSNBC making money off of me, even though I don’t watch them. Bundled cable is a racket that undermines the very idea of free market competition.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:21 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I haven't had cable for 15 years after we moved to the country and I haven't had a satellite dish for about 5. I get my local TV with an antenna, but my family uses our televisions mostly for streaming video (Netflix, Amazon, Roku, etc).

Things are starting to turn for us.  Dish has a new program called Sling TV that streams 10 channels including ESPN, CNN, HGTV, Disney, Food Network, and others.  For $20/month.  CNN, HGTV, Discovery, History Channel, and CBS rounded out all I watched.  I would gladly pay a couple bucks a piece for all of those and the heck with tbd rest.  I suppose I would have to get a couple for the kids as well.

Sling technology was one of the reasons Fox increased Dish TV's carriage rates because Fox considers it retransmission of their content and viewership off of Sling devices is not counted for in ratings, lowering Fox's ratings and thereby reducing their advertising revenues.
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Things are starting to turn for us.  Dish has a new program called Sling TV that streams 10 channels including ESPN, CNN, HGTV, Disney, Food Network, and others.  For $20/month.  CNN, HGTV, Discovery, History Channel, and CBS rounded out all I watched.  I would gladly pay a couple bucks a piece for all of those and the heck with tbd rest.  I suppose I would have to get a couple for the kids as well.

Sling technology was one of the reasons Fox increased Dish TV's carriage rates because Fox considers it retransmission of their content and viewership off of Sling devices is not counted for in ratings, lowering Fox's ratings and thereby reducing their advertising revenues.

Back in the day when I listened to Big Eddie, he always had a huge push to make sure you DVR'd his show on MSNBC even if you couldn't watch it.  The reason for this was that it would still count toward ratings, because it actually tunes into that channel the background just as if you were watching it, to record it.  Faux is lying to you.  There is no doubt that the ability to skip commercials costs networks advertising revenue, but that has very little to do with ratings.  Maybe they think it adds more of a "big brother" flair to the situation, instead of a simple "we don't want to be dumped of the gravy train".  More of them playing the victim.

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:24 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Back in the day when I listened to Big Eddie he always had a huge push to make sure you DVR'd his show on MSNBC even if you couldn't watch it.  The reason for this was that it would still count toward ratings because it actually tunes into that channel the background just as if you were watching it, to record it.  Faux is lying to you.  There us no doubt that the ability to skip commercials costs networks advertising revenue, but that has very little to do with ratings.  Maybe they think it adds more of a "big brother" flair to the situation, instead of a simple "we don't want to be dumped of the gravy train".  More of them playing the victim.

You had a steady diet of Dead Head Ed Schultz???????????????????????????????????????????????

Sheesh, no wonder you are so braindamaged.
nightlight88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:41 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Back in the day when I listened to Big Eddie he always had a huge push to make sure you DVR'd his show on MSNBC even if you couldn't watch it.  The reason for this was that it would still count toward ratings because it actually tunes into that channel the background just as if you were watching it, to record it.  Faux is lying to you.  There us no doubt that the ability to skip commercials costs networks advertising revenue, but that has very little to do with ratings.  Maybe they think it adds more of a "big brother" flair to the situation, instead of a simple "we don't want to be dumped of the gravy train".  More of them playing the victim.

You had a steady diet of Dead Head Ed Schultz???????????????????????????????????????????????

To be clear, I listened to a lot of Mark Levin at the time as well.  But yes, agreed, political commentary such as what you get on Faux or MSNBC is toxic.  Good call.
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

To be clear, I listened to a lot of Mark Levin at the time as well.  But yes, agreed, political commentary such as what you get on Faux or MSNBC is toxic.  Good call.

Listened to mark levin??????????

sure you did autobubbs
nightlight88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:05 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Listened to mark levin??????????

sure you did autobubbs

Did I stutter? Mark Levin. Sirius Patriot. Ever heard of him?
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Bill Shite - that was typical liberal stupidity which is prevalent in most brain dead liberals thanks to the crony capitalism the liberals have created.  The secret to the success of free market capitalism is competition.  Competition drives innovation, provides more and better choices and lowers prices.

However, thanks to progressive liberals we now have crony capitalism which is also embraced by way too many Republicans.  When there is government intervention into the system of free market capitalism through the fixing of prices or wages, controlling production or distribution, over regulating markets, selective taxation, subsidizing production, bailing out failing companies or any other gimmicks they can think of, problems are created.

The greatest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free market economy with a minimum of government regulation.  However, when companies find it easer to buy influence than to compete or it is easier to rig the system than to innovate you find yourself in decline.  Which then brings out the stupid ass liberals with their dumb ass comments demeaning capitalism demanding more government intervention to fix the problems created by government intervention in the first place.  

Progressive liberalism is pure evil.
Jammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:59 am

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Bill Shite - that was typical liberal stupidity which is prevalent in most brain dead liberals thanks to the crony capitalism the liberals have created.  The secret to the success of free market capitalism is competition.  Competition drives innovation, provides more and better choices and lowers prices.

However, thanks to progressive liberals we now have crony capitalism which is also embraced by way too many Republicans.  When there is government intervention into the system of free market capitalism through the fixing of prices or wages, controlling production or distribution, over regulating markets, selective taxation, subsidizing production, bailing out failing companies or any other gimmicks they can think of, problems are created.

The greatest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free market economy with a minimum of government regulation.  However, when companies find it easer to buy influence than to compete or it is easier to rig the system than to innovate you find yourself in decline.  Which then brings out the stupid ass liberals with their dumb ass comments demeaning capitalism demanding more government intervention to fix the problems created by government intervention in the first place.  

Capitalism is like the rack of a deer.  It grows more beautiful and majestic year after year until it gets to a point where it regresses and turns into something that it's twisted and gnarled up.  This happens, as you said, when competition is stifled by a lack of competitors.  Seed corn is a perfect example.  There used to be dozens if not hundreds of companies producing their own genetic lines. Through capitalism, three companies have worked their way to the top. Monsanto, Dow, and Syngenta. Now all companies get their genetics from one of these three companies the and they dictate what it can be sold for, and prices have gone up exponentially every since.  In your fantasy world, what effect did the government have on this situation?
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:59 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Capitalism is like the rack of a deer.  It grows more beautiful and majestic year after year until it gets to a point where it regresses and turns into something that it's twisted and gnarled up.  This happens, as you said, when competition is stifled by a lack of competitors.  Seed corn is a perfect example.  There used to be dozens if not hundreds of companies producing their own genetic lines. Through capitalism, three companies have worked their way to the top.  Monsanto, Dow, and Syngenta.  Now all companies get their genetics from one of these three companies the and they dictate what it can be sold for, and prices have gone up exponentially every since.  In your fantasy world, what effect did the government have on this situation?

I am sorry, but I know virtually nothing about the seed corn industry and therefore don't have much to offer except for the following link.  While there appears to be a decidedly biased political view by the author and some obviously flawed points, the information provided in the article backs up the premise that behind every problem in our current system of crony capitalism lies a politician and some form of government intervention.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2013/apr/04/monsanto-protection-act-gm

Free market capitalism is a blessing that has provided immense prosperity for this world.  The progressive liberal invention of crony capitalism will eventually kill the goose that laid the golden egg.  Government intervention much beyond preventing monopolies from occurring is overreach that will end badly regardless of the "feel good" story painted by politicians to sell their brand of crony capitalism.

Any person who cannot fully embrace FREE MARKET capitalism is a socialist in my opinion.
Jammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Capitalism is like the rack of a deer.  It grows more beautiful and majestic year after year until it gets to a point where it regresses and turns into something that it's twisted and gnarled up.  This happens, as you said, when competition is stifled by a lack of competitors.  Seed corn is a perfect example.  There used to be dozens if not hundreds of companies producing their own genetic lines. Through capitalism, three companies have worked their way to the top.  Monsanto, Dow, and Syngenta.  Now all companies get their genetics from one of these three companies the and they dictate what it can be sold for, and prices have gone up exponentially every since.  In your fantasy world, what effect did the government have on this situation?

I am sorry, but I know virtually nothing about the seed corn industry and therefore don't have much to offer except for the following link.  While there appears to be a decidedly biased political view by the author and some obviously flawed points, the information provided in the article backs up the premise that behind every problem in our current system of crony capitalism lies a politician and some form of government intervention.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2013/apr/04/monsanto-protection-act-gm

Free market capitalism is a blessing that has provided immense prosperity for this world.  The progressive liberal invention of crony capitalism will eventually kill the goose that laid the golden egg.  Government intervention much beyond preventing monopolies from occurring is overreach that will end badly regardless of the "feel good" story painted by politicians to sell their brand of crony capitalism.

Any person who cannot fully embrace FREE MARKET capitalism is a socialist in my opinion.

Or maybe dictatorial tendencies.
nightlight88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Jammer wrote:

Free Market capitalism only works when there is innovation to promote competition. Look at the telecoms as a great example, or even the fuel industry. There are maybe 3 or 4 total companies that are competing together and they aren't really competing. It's become a "let's take over here and merge here" while not helping the consumer. We need to have someone or something shake up these companies so they cannot be legally allowed to hold customer hostage simply due to their size.
Caitlyn Piltover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Free Market capitalism only works when there is innovation to promote competition. Look at the telecoms as a great example, or even the fuel industry. There are maybe 3 or 4 total companies that are competing together and they aren't really competing. It's become a "let's take over here and merge here" while not helping the consumer. We need to have someone or something shake up these companies so they cannot be legally allowed to hold customer hostage simply due to their size.

WRONG - free market capitalism works as long as there is no government intervention (Note - I did not say "regulation").  Government intervention destroys capitalism and then liberal loony tunes come along and say something like "capitalism doesn't' work".

It is very simple, when it is easier to buy influence than it is to compete or it is easier to rig the system than it is to innovate, companies succumb to human nature and take the path of least resistance.  The result is that capitalism does not work that well thanks to the politicians and government intervention.  The end result is the loss of prosperity for everyone, even stupid ass liberals who don't believe in capitalism.
Jammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum