Five more Gitmo detainees released

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Skeptical on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/obama-releases-five-more-gitmo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

He's either clueless, delusional, or "with them", not us. It's frightening whatever the reason.

Another example of the HMWAIC in action!
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Jammer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/obama-releases-five-more-gitmo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

He's either clueless, delusional, or "with them", not us. It's frightening whatever the reason.

Another example of the HMWAIC in action!

This is what happens when liberals govern.  Liberals are the single biggest threat to freedom and liberty there is.  They are more dangerous (not to mention disgusting) than any enemy our country has ever faced.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Skeptical on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Jammer wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/obama-releases-five-more-gitmo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

He's either clueless, delusional, or "with them", not us. It's frightening whatever the reason.

Another example of the HMWAIC in action!

This is what happens when liberals govern.  Liberals are the single biggest threat to freedom and liberty there is.  They are more dangerous (not to mention disgusting) than any enemy our country has ever faced.

General George S. Patton nailed it years ago.

avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Jammer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Patton was being kind to liberals as they are the most disgusting, despicable, greedy, self-serving trash in the world. It is time that America wakes up and understands just how despicable and morally reprehensible these slime bags are.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Waiting for the liberals that frequent this site to defend this.......


avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Food for thought...

http://m.ibtimes.com/transfer-detainees-al-qaedas-guantanamo-bay-recruitment-tool-becoming-less-valuable-1785006
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3332
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Jammer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:03 pm

There is no need to recruit when Obama turns all the hardened experience terrorists loose. Only the stupidest ass liberal in the world would make that claim. Ooooops, sorry the second dumbest ass liberal as the dumbest is the one who actually believes the liberal BS is valid.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Rusty Houser on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Here's a complete list of all detainees in Gitmo.

http://projects.nytimes.com/guantanamo/timeline

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:41 pm

Jammer wrote:There is no need to recruit when Obama turns all the hardened experience terrorists loose.   Only the stupidest ass liberal in the world would make that claim.  Ooooops, sorry the second dumbest ass liberal as the dumbest is the one who actually believes the liberal BS is valid.

You weren't actually stupid enough to believe Obama was the only President to release Gitmo detainees back into the wild were you?  If course not, only the stupidest ass conservative in the world would make that claim.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3332
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Jammer on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:There is no need to recruit when Obama turns all the hardened experience terrorists loose.   Only the stupidest ass liberal in the world would make that claim.  Ooooops, sorry the second dumbest ass liberal as the dumbest is the one who actually believes the liberal BS is valid.

You weren't actually stupid enough to believe Obama was the only President to release Gitmo detainees back into the wild were you?  If course not, only the stupidest ass conservative in the world would make that claim.

He is the only one doing it today. Or have you now changed the Constitution so we have more than one president at a time?
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Skeptical on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:41 pm

There are accessible data sheets on some of the released detainees.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Just Braying It on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/obama-releases-five-more-gitmo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

He's either clueless, delusional, or "with them", not us. It's frightening whatever the reason.

Another example of the HMWAIC in action!

Why isn't anyone pointing out your continued use of biased links?

Just Braying It

Posts : 983
Join date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Skeptical on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/obama-releases-five-more-gitmo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

He's either clueless, delusional, or "with them", not us. It's frightening whatever the reason.

Another example of the HMWAIC in action!

Why isn't anyone pointing out your continued use of biased links?

OK, here are a few more, they all report four of the men went to Oman and one to Estonia as did breitbart, sorry I couldn't find a link that reported differently!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/01/14/guantanamo-prisoners-released/21789217/
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article6576435.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/5-more-detainees-transferred-from-guantanamo/
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/world/middleeast/us-moves-five-yemenis-from-guantnamo.html
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/five-yemeni-prisoners-released-guantanamo-bay-n286581
http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-releases-five-yemeni-men-from-guantanamo-bay-detention-1421293827
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/31/obama-releases-five-more-gitmo-prisoners-overnight/
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-gitmo-releases-20150115-story.html
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/us-frees-guantanamo-prisoners-sends-oman-estonia-28236041
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Rusty Houser on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:40 am

Skeptical wrote:There are accessible data sheets on some of the released detainees.

There are accessible data sheets on all detainees, released or not. I just posted them.

Paquette wrote:Here's a complete list of all detainees in Gitmo.

http://projects.nytimes.com/guantanamo/timeline

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Rusty Houser on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:55 am

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:There is no need to recruit when Obama turns all the hardened experience terrorists loose.   Only the stupidest ass liberal in the world would make that claim.  Ooooops, sorry the second dumbest ass liberal as the dumbest is the one who actually believes the liberal BS is valid.

You weren't actually stupid enough to believe Obama was the only President to release Gitmo detainees back into the wild were you?  If course not, only the stupidest ass conservative in the world would make that claim.

He is the only one doing it today.  Or have you now changed the Constitution so we have more than one president at a time?

I have to agree. When showing how he's the worst president ever it would be completely irrelevant to compare him to other presidents.

There's more than plenty of reasons to criticize Obama but if your criticism can't stand up to a simple A to B comparison on the exact same subject, you might want to pick one of the many more legitimate criticisms to prove your point.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  nightlight88 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:00 am

Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/15/obama-releases-five-more-gitmo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

He's either clueless, delusional, or "with them", not us. It's frightening whatever the reason.

Another example of the HMWAIC in action!

Why isn't anyone pointing out your continued use of biased links?

Ohhhh, we should be using unbiased sites like media matters, daily kos, huffington post and alternet?
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Jammer on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:16 am

Paquette wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:There is no need to recruit when Obama turns all the hardened experience terrorists loose.   Only the stupidest ass liberal in the world would make that claim.  Ooooops, sorry the second dumbest ass liberal as the dumbest is the one who actually believes the liberal BS is valid.

You weren't actually stupid enough to believe Obama was the only President to release Gitmo detainees back into the wild were you?  If course not, only the stupidest ass conservative in the world would make that claim.

He is the only one doing it today.  Or have you now changed the Constitution so we have more than one president at a time?

I have to agree. When showing how he's the worst president ever it would be completely irrelevant to compare him to other presidents.

There's more than plenty of reasons to criticize Obama but if your criticism can't stand up to a simple A to B comparison on the exact same subject, you might want to pick one of the many more legitimate criticisms to prove your point.

You stupid ass liberals are dumber than dog shite.  The comment was not about criticizing Obama, it was in response to what dumb ass liberal #1 posted.  I will go thru this step by step in the folly of thinking you are smart enough to follow along:

Step 1:  Dumb ass liberal #1 posts the following link:

http://www.ibtimes.com/transfer-detainees-al-qaedas-guantanamo-bay-recruitment-tool-becoming-less-valuable-1785006

Which states:  "With Transfer Of Detainees, Al Qaeda's Guantanamo Bay Recruitment Tool Is Becoming Less Valuable, Experts Say"

Step 2:  I offered my comment that there is no need to recruit if Obama is turning the terrorists loose.  Go ahead and insert any designation you want into the word Obama because it was the mere fact that these terrorists are being released that there is no need to recruit because the ranks of the terrorists are being replenished by these people getting out of Gitmo.  My point was solely that you have to be a dumb ass liberal to make that stupid claim and even dumber if you believe it.  You Obama lovers are sickening.  I hope after the world wakes up to how despicable Obama was, all of you dumb asses will have to wear a big O on your forehead.

Step 3:  Dumb ass liberal #1 rushes back in and defends the dumb ass liberal president because he thinks that he has been defamed not recognizing that was not even the point.  His only defense is the age old, but it's Bush's fault - he started it.   My point had nothing to do with who was actually releasing the terrorists, but it was that the stupidity being used to defend the release of terrorists was not only bogus but outright stupid.

Step 4:  Dumb ass liberal #2 (that would be YOU) rushes in to join dumb ass liberal #1 in the hopes of forming a circular firing squad.

Step 4:  I clearly explain how liberals are dumber than dog shite.

Step 5:  Liberal #2 (that will be YOU) will rush back in and claim that not only has the prophet been avenged but you have also avenged Obama and then claim victory.  You will then move on to a different thread and resume your stupidity.

Moral of the story, the world will never be safe nor prosperous as long as there is a dumb ass liberal in it.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:48 am

Jammer wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:There is no need to recruit when Obama turns all the hardened experience terrorists loose.   Only the stupidest ass liberal in the world would make that claim.  Ooooops, sorry the second dumbest ass liberal as the dumbest is the one who actually believes the liberal BS is valid.

You weren't actually stupid enough to believe Obama was the only President to release Gitmo detainees back into the wild were you?  If course not, only the stupidest ass conservative in the world would make that claim.

He is the only one doing it today.  Or have you now changed the Constitution so we have more than one president at a time?

I have to agree. When showing how he's the worst president ever it would be completely irrelevant to compare him to other presidents.

There's more than plenty of reasons to criticize Obama but if your criticism can't stand up to a simple A to B comparison on the exact same subject, you might want to pick one of the many more legitimate criticisms to prove your point.

You stupid ass liberals are dumber than dog shite.  The comment was not about criticizing Obama, it was in response to what dumb ass liberal #1 posted.  I will go thru this step by step in the folly of thinking you are smart enough to follow along:

Step 1:  Dumb ass liberal #1 posts the following link:

http://www.ibtimes.com/transfer-detainees-al-qaedas-guantanamo-bay-recruitment-tool-becoming-less-valuable-1785006

Which states:  "With Transfer Of Detainees, Al Qaeda's Guantanamo Bay Recruitment Tool Is Becoming Less Valuable, Experts Say"

Step 2:  I offered my comment that there is no need to recruit if Obama is turning the terrorists loose.  Go ahead and insert any designation you want into the word Obama because it was the mere fact that these terrorists are being released that there is no need to recruit because the ranks of the terrorists are being replenished by these people getting out of Gitmo.  My point was solely that you have to be a dumb ass liberal to make that stupid claim and even dumber if you believe it.  You Obama lovers are sickening.  I hope after the world wakes up to how despicable Obama was, all of you dumb asses will have to wear a big O on your forehead.

Step 3:  Dumb ass liberal #1 rushes back in and defends the dumb ass liberal president because he thinks that he has been defamed not recognizing that was not even the point.  His only defense is the age old, but it's Bush's fault - he started it.   My point had nothing to do with who was actually releasing the terrorists, but it was that the stupidity being used to defend the release of terrorists was not only bogus but outright stupid.

Step 4:  Dumb ass liberal #2 (that would be YOU) rushes in to join dumb ass liberal #1 in the hopes of forming a circular firing squad.

Step 4:  I clearly explain how liberals are dumber than dog shite.

Step 5:  Liberal #2 (that will be YOU) will rush back in and claim that not only has the prophet been avenged but you have also avenged Obama and then claim victory.  You will then move on to a different thread and resume your stupidity.

Moral of the story, the world will never be safe nor prosperous as long as there is a dumb ass liberal in it.

You should really consider writing a cookbook or do-it-yourself book.  Your sequential writing skills are phenomenal.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3332
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Alleycat on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:03 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:There is no need to recruit when Obama turns all the hardened experience terrorists loose.   Only the stupidest ass liberal in the world would make that claim.  Ooooops, sorry the second dumbest ass liberal as the dumbest is the one who actually believes the liberal BS is valid.

You weren't actually stupid enough to believe Obama was the only President to release Gitmo detainees back into the wild were you?  If course not, only the stupidest ass conservative in the world would make that claim.

He is the only one doing it today.  Or have you now changed the Constitution so we have more than one president at a time?

I have to agree. When showing how he's the worst president ever it would be completely irrelevant to compare him to other presidents.

There's more than plenty of reasons to criticize Obama but if your criticism can't stand up to a simple A to B comparison on the exact same subject, you might want to pick one of the many more legitimate criticisms to prove your point.

You stupid ass liberals are dumber than dog shite.  The comment was not about criticizing Obama, it was in response to what dumb ass liberal #1 posted.  I will go thru this step by step in the folly of thinking you are smart enough to follow along:

Step 1:  Dumb ass liberal #1 posts the following link:

http://www.ibtimes.com/transfer-detainees-al-qaedas-guantanamo-bay-recruitment-tool-becoming-less-valuable-1785006

Which states:  "With Transfer Of Detainees, Al Qaeda's Guantanamo Bay Recruitment Tool Is Becoming Less Valuable, Experts Say"

Step 2:  I offered my comment that there is no need to recruit if Obama is turning the terrorists loose.  Go ahead and insert any designation you want into the word Obama because it was the mere fact that these terrorists are being released that there is no need to recruit because the ranks of the terrorists are being replenished by these people getting out of Gitmo.  My point was solely that you have to be a dumb ass liberal to make that stupid claim and even dumber if you believe it.  You Obama lovers are sickening.  I hope after the world wakes up to how despicable Obama was, all of you dumb asses will have to wear a big O on your forehead.

Step 3:  Dumb ass liberal #1 rushes back in and defends the dumb ass liberal president because he thinks that he has been defamed not recognizing that was not even the point.  His only defense is the age old, but it's Bush's fault - he started it.   My point had nothing to do with who was actually releasing the terrorists, but it was that the stupidity being used to defend the release of terrorists was not only bogus but outright stupid.

Step 4:  Dumb ass liberal #2 (that would be YOU) rushes in to join dumb ass liberal #1 in the hopes of forming a circular firing squad.

Step 4:  I clearly explain how liberals are dumber than dog shite.

Step 5:  Liberal #2 (that will be YOU) will rush back in and claim that not only has the prophet been avenged but you have also avenged Obama and then claim victory.  You will then move on to a different thread and resume your stupidity.

Moral of the story, the world will never be safe nor prosperous as long as there is a dumb ass liberal in it.

You should really consider writing a cookbook or do-it-yourself book.  Your sequential writing skills are phenomenal.
The truth shall set you free

Alleycat

Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Alleycat on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:09 am

What the Liberals do not or cannot comprehend is that when the Islamic Terrorists commit acts of Terrorism or attack this country they will attack everyone. These lunatics will not just attack Conservatives and Republicans they will attack Liberals and Democrats also. They are equal opportunity terrorists.

Alleycat

Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Skeptical on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:58 am

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:There are accessible data sheets on some of the released detainees.

There are accessible data sheets on all detainees, released or not. I just posted them.

Paquette wrote:Here's a complete list of all detainees in Gitmo.

http://projects.nytimes.com/guantanamo/timeline

Quite right and the some I checked were interesting.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Rusty Houser on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:38 pm

Jammer wrote:Step 4:  Dumb ass liberal #2 (that would be YOU) rushes in to join dumb ass liberal #1 in the hopes of forming a circular firing squad.

Yes, I do look liberal compared to you. And you look liberal compared to al Qaeda. And al Qaeda looks liberal next to ISIS.

Pop quiz: Three of those think that anyone who disagrees with them is evil and should be eliminated. Can you name them?

If wanting to look at all the facts so I can see the whole picture makes me a liberal that must mean that a fear of facts and refusing to look at the whole picture is a requirement of the Tea Party. You can put whatever label on me you want but I would feel like a complete moron with a weak argument if I refused to look at anything that might challenge my opinion.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Jammer on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Paquette wrote:
Jammer wrote:Step 4:  Dumb ass liberal #2 (that would be YOU) rushes in to join dumb ass liberal #1 in the hopes of forming a circular firing squad.

Yes, I do look liberal compared to you. And you look liberal compared to al Qaeda. And al Qaeda looks liberal next to ISIS.

Pop quiz: Three of those think that anyone who disagrees with them is evil and should be eliminated. Can you name them?

If wanting to look at all the facts so I can see the whole picture makes me a liberal that must mean that a fear of facts and refusing to look at the whole picture is a requirement of the Tea Party. You can put whatever label on me you want but I would feel like a complete moron with a weak argument if I refused to look at anything that might challenge my opinion.

Step #5 is now complete. Feel free to carry on with your liberal nonsense so you can feel good about yourself. The easiest person in the world to fool is yourself and you have accomplished that. However, I am not completely sure that you have dumb ass liberal #1 onboard yet, but I am sure you are close.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Alleycat wrote:What the Liberals do not or cannot comprehend is that when the Islamic Terrorists commit acts of Terrorism or attack this country they will attack everyone. These lunatics will not just attack Conservatives and Republicans they will attack Liberals and Democrats also. They are equal opportunity terrorists.

The real problem is that Conservatives like to push this silly notion that Liberals are not capable of protecting the U.S. likely due in part to the fact that many Liberals believe that the pen is mightier (and substantially less costly) than the sword, hence the trotting of the straw man argument that Liberals are light on terrorism.  Secondly, Obama has a double whammy in that birthers are continually trying to tie him to Islam.  Everybody realizes what these religious extremists are capable of, it's just that done choose to concentrate on solving the problem while others pay these silly games.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3332
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Rusty Houser on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:There are accessible data sheets on some of the released detainees.

There are accessible data sheets on all detainees, released or not. I just posted them.

Paquette wrote:Here's a complete list of all detainees in Gitmo.

http://projects.nytimes.com/guantanamo/timeline

Quite right and the some I checked were interesting.

Very good, that's why I posted it.

I spent quite a bit of time looking at the profiles and was shocked at what I saw. Many were taken into custody even though we knew they weren't guilty of any wrong doing. We imprisoned them simply because they might have some peripheral knowledge of the region, not because they were enemy combatants.

Others were considered to be high risk and recommended for continued detainment yet were released anyway. This happened under both administrations. Most were assessed as a medium risk and recommended for release by JTF-GTMO. Two were transfered to prisons on the mainland, one was repatriated to Saudi Arabia, the other is serving a life sentence in Colorado.

Both Bush and Obama should share equal blame or applause depending on your point of view. I see little difference in the way each handled the prisoner releases. Bush did release/transfer 4-5 times more prisoners than Obama has but that is due to the fact that there were far fewer prisoners at Gitmo when Obama took over.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Five more Gitmo detainees released

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum