Sold out by the House

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sold out by the House

Post  Skeptical on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:26 pm


Did Boehner and crew just give the stamp of approval to Obama's illegal action on illegal immigrants?

The House cleared legislation Tuesday that will keep the agency operating through the end of September after a standoff last week threatened to shutter the agency and furlough thousands of workers. The 257-167 vote sends the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.

Republican House Speaker John Boehner, who rarely casts votes, backed the bill, along with his top lieutenants. A majority of House Republicans opposed the bill. Just 75 GOP lawmakers joined with 182 Democrats to push it across the finish line.

The legislation does nothing to rein in Obama's immigration executive orders -- a top priority of conservatives. That issue was a sticking point for weeks as Republicans tried to tie DHS funding to the repeal of the orders but the party couldn't overcome Democratic filibusters in the Senate
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Thus proving that "unconstitutional" executive order is actually just fine.

avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Did Boehner and crew just give the stamp of approval to Obama's illegal action on illegal immigrants?

The House cleared legislation Tuesday that will keep the agency operating through the end of September after a standoff last week threatened to shutter the agency and furlough thousands of workers. The 257-167 vote sends the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.

Republican House Speaker John Boehner, who rarely casts votes, backed the bill, along with his top lieutenants. A majority of House Republicans opposed the bill. Just 75 GOP lawmakers joined with 182 Democrats to push it across the finish line.

The legislation does nothing to rein in Obama's immigration executive orders -- a top priority of conservatives. That issue was a sticking point for weeks as Republicans tried to tie DHS funding to the repeal of the orders but the party couldn't overcome Democratic filibusters in the Senate

Tha's ol' Half-A-Loaf Boehner for you. Spineless jackwagon.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  BladeRunner on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:48 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:Thus proving that "unconstitutional" executive order is actually just fine.


So one branch of the government running a muck and out of control and not being held accountable to the other branches or the American people is just fine......
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 am

BladeRunner wrote:
So one branch of the government running a muck and out of control and not being held accountable to the other branches or the American people is just fine......
Please provide evidence that this executive order is unconstitutional, using the Constitution.

Not your version of it, but the actual Constitution. I'll wait.
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
So one branch of the government running a muck and out of control and not being held accountable to the other branches or the American people is just fine......
Please provide evidence that this executive order is unconstitutional, using the Constitution.

Not your version of it, but the actual Constitution. I'll wait.

Be glad to be of assistance. Obama is claiming prosecutorial discretion in not enforcing existing immigration law. Essentially he is claiming that he does not have the resources to do so. However past remarks of Obama's belay his intent which is implementation of his favored immigration policy that Congress has not enacted or agreed to pay for under it's Constitutional plenary power of taxation. Since Obama is skirting the intent of a constitutionally enacted law governing immigration to achieve his ends, he is acting faithlessly in violation of The Take Care Clause (Article 2, Section 3) "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". study
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Be glad to be of assistance. Obama is claiming prosecutorial discretion in not enforcing existing immigration law. Essentially he is claiming that he does not have the resources to do so. However past remarks of Obama's belay his intent which is implementation of his favored immigration policy that Congress has not enacted or agreed to pay for under it's Constitutional plenary power of taxation. Since Obama is skirting the intent of a constitutionally enacted law governing immigration to achieve his ends, he is acting faithlessly in violation of The Take Care Clause (Article 2, Section 3) "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". study
Which law is he not following, that is claimed to be the so-called immigration law.
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  nightlight88 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:13 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Be glad to be of assistance. Obama is claiming prosecutorial discretion in not enforcing existing immigration law. Essentially he is claiming that he does not have the resources to do so. However past remarks of Obama's belay his intent which is implementation of his favored immigration policy that Congress has not enacted or agreed to pay for under it's Constitutional plenary power of taxation. Since Obama is skirting the intent of a constitutionally enacted law governing immigration to achieve his ends, he is acting faithlessly in violation of The Take Care Clause (Article 2, Section 3) "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". study
Which law is he not following, that is claimed to be the so-called immigration law.


Did you overdose on your stupidity medication this morning? I will wait for your answer.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:29 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Be glad to be of assistance. Obama is claiming prosecutorial discretion in not enforcing existing immigration law. Essentially he is claiming that he does not have the resources to do so. However past remarks of Obama's belay his intent which is implementation of his favored immigration policy that Congress has not enacted or agreed to pay for under it's Constitutional plenary power of taxation. Since Obama is skirting the intent of a constitutionally enacted law governing immigration to achieve his ends, he is acting faithlessly in violation of The Take Care Clause (Article 2, Section 3) "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". study
Which law is he not following, that is claimed to be the so-called immigration law.




avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:06 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Be glad to be of assistance. Obama is claiming prosecutorial discretion in not enforcing existing immigration law. Essentially he is claiming that he does not have the resources to do so. However past remarks of Obama's belay his intent which is implementation of his favored immigration policy that Congress has not enacted or agreed to pay for under it's Constitutional plenary power of taxation. Since Obama is skirting the intent of a constitutionally enacted law governing immigration to achieve his ends, he is acting faithlessly in violation of The Take Care Clause (Article 2, Section 3) "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". study
Which law is he not following, that is claimed to be the so-called immigration law.

I thought the challenge was to use the Constitution to point out how Obama was violating it. That I did.

Please provide evidence that this executive order is unconstitutional, using the Constitution.
Not your version of it, but the actual Constitution. I'll wait.

But now you move the goalposts and demand even more. Sheesh!

I'm sure there's more than one law Obama is violating with his executive orders but for starters there is the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and the Administrative Procedure Act of 1946.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:33 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Did you overdose on your stupidity medication this morning?  I will wait for your answer.
No. Smile
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
I thought the challenge was to use the Constitution to point out how Obama was violating it. That I did.
Yes you did, well done, here is the thing I don't see how his executive order is violating the Constitution portion that you provided. I cannot find anything that resembles what you are saying though. The closest I can come is this:

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/14_1120_memo_deferred_action.pdf

Which says nothing of amnesty, so I'm going to go ahead and say you simply did not read much further than some headlines.
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum