Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:47 am

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-fines-washington-florist-sex-wedding-flowers-29964374


A Washington state florist who refused to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding was fined $1,000 Friday, plus $1 for court costs and fees.

Benton County Superior Judge Alexander Ekstrom's ruling gives Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene's Flowers and Gifts in Richland, Washington, 60 days to pay the state for her refusal to serve Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed when they sought to buy wedding flowers in 2013.

Stutzman, who had sold flowers to Ingersoll for years, knew he was gay and said when he sought to buy wedding flowers that the marriage went against her beliefs as a Southern Baptist. After they were refused flowers, Ingersoll and Freed went ahead with a smaller wedding than they had planned. They got married in their home with 11 guests and flowers from another florist.

In a February ruling, Ekstrom found that Stutzman's refusal to provide flowers because of sexual orientation violated Washington's anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws. Along with the fine, the judge's ruling also requires that everything Arlene's Flowers sells to opposite-sex couples has to be available at the same price to same-sex couples.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson, whose office requested the fine, said in a statement Friday that the ruling is a reminder of the reach of Washington's anti-discrimination laws.

"My primary goal has always been to end illegal discrimination," Ferguson said. "I'm pleased that today's ruling clearly prohibits discrimination against same-sex couples."

Before Ferguson's office filed the consumer-protection lawsuit against Stutzman, it had sent her a letter asking for an agreement to no longer discriminate, which she refused. Ferguson's statement Friday said the office would not have sued if Stutzman had accepted the agreement.


Well done Washington, you've upheld the laws you passed. Smile
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Alleycat on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-fines-washington-florist-sex-wedding-flowers-29964374


A Washington state florist who refused to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding was fined $1,000 Friday, plus $1 for court costs and fees.

Benton County Superior Judge Alexander Ekstrom's ruling gives Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene's Flowers and Gifts in Richland, Washington, 60 days to pay the state for her refusal to serve Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed when they sought to buy wedding flowers in 2013.

Stutzman, who had sold flowers to Ingersoll for years, knew he was gay and said when he sought to buy wedding flowers that the marriage went against her beliefs as a Southern Baptist. After they were refused flowers, Ingersoll and Freed went ahead with a smaller wedding than they had planned. They got married in their home with 11 guests and flowers from another florist.

In a February ruling, Ekstrom found that Stutzman's refusal to provide flowers because of sexual orientation violated Washington's anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws. Along with the fine, the judge's ruling also requires that everything Arlene's Flowers sells to opposite-sex couples has to be available at the same price to same-sex couples.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson, whose office requested the fine, said in a statement Friday that the ruling is a reminder of the reach of Washington's anti-discrimination laws.

"My primary goal has always been to end illegal discrimination," Ferguson said. "I'm pleased that today's ruling clearly prohibits discrimination against same-sex couples."

Before Ferguson's office filed the consumer-protection lawsuit against Stutzman, it had sent her a letter asking for an agreement to no longer discriminate, which she refused. Ferguson's statement Friday said the office would not have sued if Stutzman had accepted the agreement.


Well done Washington, you've upheld the laws you passed. Smile
Now Arlenes Flowers needs to contribute $1000 to it's local Republican Party or better yet to a local church.

Alleycat

Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-fines-washington-florist-sex-wedding-flowers-29964374


A Washington state florist who refused to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding was fined $1,000 Friday, plus $1 for court costs and fees.

Benton County Superior Judge Alexander Ekstrom's ruling gives Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene's Flowers and Gifts in Richland, Washington, 60 days to pay the state for her refusal to serve Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed when they sought to buy wedding flowers in 2013.

Stutzman, who had sold flowers to Ingersoll for years, knew he was gay and said when he sought to buy wedding flowers that the marriage went against her beliefs as a Southern Baptist. After they were refused flowers, Ingersoll and Freed went ahead with a smaller wedding than they had planned. They got married in their home with 11 guests and flowers from another florist.

In a February ruling, Ekstrom found that Stutzman's refusal to provide flowers because of sexual orientation violated Washington's anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws. Along with the fine, the judge's ruling also requires that everything Arlene's Flowers sells to opposite-sex couples has to be available at the same price to same-sex couples.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson, whose office requested the fine, said in a statement Friday that the ruling is a reminder of the reach of Washington's anti-discrimination laws.

"My primary goal has always been to end illegal discrimination," Ferguson said. "I'm pleased that today's ruling clearly prohibits discrimination against same-sex couples."

Before Ferguson's office filed the consumer-protection lawsuit against Stutzman, it had sent her a letter asking for an agreement to no longer discriminate, which she refused. Ferguson's statement Friday said the office would not have sued if Stutzman had accepted the agreement.


Well done Washington, you've upheld the laws you passed. Smile
Now Arlenes Flowers needs to contribute $1000 to it's local Republican Party or better yet to a local church.

And advocate for a state Religious Freedom Restoration Act since the Liberal neanderthals in Washington haven't been enlightened enough to pass one. Remember, it wouldn't have guaranteed that the florist could deny service to same sex weddings but religious objections to the practice could be used as a defense. Paraphrasing our intrepid Commander in Chief, "Never bring a knife to a gunfight".

And why would the wedding have to be smaller just because they couldn't purchase flowers from this one florist? scratch
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Alleycat on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-fines-washington-florist-sex-wedding-flowers-29964374


A Washington state florist who refused to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding was fined $1,000 Friday, plus $1 for court costs and fees.

Benton County Superior Judge Alexander Ekstrom's ruling gives Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene's Flowers and Gifts in Richland, Washington, 60 days to pay the state for her refusal to serve Robert Ingersoll and Curt Freed when they sought to buy wedding flowers in 2013.

Stutzman, who had sold flowers to Ingersoll for years, knew he was gay and said when he sought to buy wedding flowers that the marriage went against her beliefs as a Southern Baptist. After they were refused flowers, Ingersoll and Freed went ahead with a smaller wedding than they had planned. They got married in their home with 11 guests and flowers from another florist.

In a February ruling, Ekstrom found that Stutzman's refusal to provide flowers because of sexual orientation violated Washington's anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws. Along with the fine, the judge's ruling also requires that everything Arlene's Flowers sells to opposite-sex couples has to be available at the same price to same-sex couples.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson, whose office requested the fine, said in a statement Friday that the ruling is a reminder of the reach of Washington's anti-discrimination laws.

"My primary goal has always been to end illegal discrimination," Ferguson said. "I'm pleased that today's ruling clearly prohibits discrimination against same-sex couples."

Before Ferguson's office filed the consumer-protection lawsuit against Stutzman, it had sent her a letter asking for an agreement to no longer discriminate, which she refused. Ferguson's statement Friday said the office would not have sued if Stutzman had accepted the agreement.


Well done Washington, you've upheld the laws you passed. Smile
Now Arlenes Flowers needs to contribute $1000 to it's local Republican Party or better yet to a local church.

And advocate for a state Religious Freedom Restoration Act since the Liberal neanderthals in Washington haven't been enlightened enough to pass one. Remember, it wouldn't have guaranteed that the florist could deny service to same sex weddings but religious objections to the practice could be used as a defense. Paraphrasing our intrepid Commander in Chief,  "Never bring a knife to a gunfight".

And why would the wedding have to be smaller just because they couldn't purchase flowers from this one florist? scratch
That is Liberalspeak for we were having a small wedding but saw a chance to cause a problem and claimed we were having a big wedding.

Alleycat

Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
And advocate for a state Religious Freedom Restoration Act since the Liberal neanderthals in Washington haven't been enlightened enough to pass one. Remember, it wouldn't have guaranteed that the florist could deny service to same sex weddings but religious objections to the practice could be used as a defense. Paraphrasing our intrepid Commander in Chief,  "Never bring a knife to a gunfight".

And why would the wedding have to be smaller just because they couldn't purchase flowers from this one florist? scratch
Thanks to the protected class status in the state, they could not refuse service and this just proves since the florist had previously sold flowers to them when they were not married it was a dogma that has caused her decline service.

It has to do with availability of the floral store in that location. They were apparently the largest floral store there at the time and had the ability to place larger orders than the others. This has been a news item for several years. It would be like a florist in Wall Drug being the largest around and refusing to serve.

Alleycat wrote:
That is Liberalspeak for we were having a small wedding but saw a chance to cause a problem and claimed we were having a big wedding.
Incorrect, please see above.
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
And advocate for a state Religious Freedom Restoration Act since the Liberal neanderthals in Washington haven't been enlightened enough to pass one. Remember, it wouldn't have guaranteed that the florist could deny service to same sex weddings but religious objections to the practice could be used as a defense. Paraphrasing our intrepid Commander in Chief,  "Never bring a knife to a gunfight".

And why would the wedding have to be smaller just because they couldn't purchase flowers from this one florist? scratch
Thanks to the protected class status in the state, they could not refuse service and this just proves since the florist had previously sold flowers to them when they were not married it was a dogma that has caused her decline service.

It has to do with availability of the floral store in that location. They were apparently the largest floral store there at the time and had the ability to place larger orders than the others. This has been a news item for several years. It would be like a florist in Wall Drug being the largest around and refusing to serve.  

Alleycat wrote:
That is Liberalspeak for we were having a small wedding but saw a chance to cause a problem and claimed we were having a big wedding.
Incorrect, please see above.


America: Where you can't call what the acts other people make and what they CHOOSE to do with their bodies a sin even if it goes against your religion. If you do, you are committing discrimination.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Skeptical on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Help us out here Caitlyn.

You said gays and lesbians are a protected class in Washington State.

Do you claim gays and lesbians enjoy a social/legal status higher then the heterosexual people because of their sexual preference/orientation?

It is fairly common knowledge many states recognize same sex marriages/unions but it isn't too common for gays and lesbians be a protected class of people.

What was the date and the legislation in Washington State that made gays and lesbian a protected class of citizens?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:55 pm

America

Where people are special classes of citizens simply because of the DECISIONS they make.

These special classes of people get perks no other Americans receive.

Only these special people are allowed be intolerant and discriminatory of other American's religious values.

America
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Shortie on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:16 pm

BladeRunner wrote:America

Where people are special classes of citizens simply because of the DECISIONS they make.

These special classes of people get perks no other Americans receive.

Only these special people are allowed be intolerant and discriminatory of other American's religious values.

America

Yeah! Angry Rant! Grrr!



avatar
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Jammer on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Shortie wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:America

Where people are special classes of citizens simply because of the DECISIONS they make.

These special classes of people get perks no other Americans receive.

Only these special people are allowed be intolerant and discriminatory of other American's religious values.

America

Yeah! Angry Rant! Grrr!




The exact input you would expect from a person who's greatest accomplishment in their life was being able to wear contact lenses.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Skeptical on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Shortie wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:America

Where people are special classes of citizens simply because of the DECISIONS they make.

These special classes of people get perks no other Americans receive.

Only these special people are allowed be intolerant and discriminatory of other American's religious values.

America

Yeah! Angry Rant! Grrr!




Well, well, at least one black person admits that white folks are getting shiste on constantly. cheers
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Shortie wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:America

Where people are special classes of citizens simply because of the DECISIONS they make.

These special classes of people get perks no other Americans receive.

Only these special people are allowed be intolerant and discriminatory of other American's religious values.

America

Yeah! Angry Rant! Grrr!




Are you insinuating that all q u e e r s are black?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3204
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:18 pm

It has to do with availability of the floral store in that location. They were apparently the largest floral store there at the time and had the ability to place larger orders than the others. This has been a news item for several years. It would be like a florist in Wall Drug being the largest around and refusing to serve.

You're kidding, right? You are speaking out of your azz ... once more. I'm gonna name it Charlie McCarthy.

Richland is part of the Tri-Cities area, the 4th largest population center in Washington with a metro-area population of 253,340 (Sioux Falls metro population was 228,261 in 2010). So no, it is not like buying flowers in Wall, SD. Looks like Tri-Cities have plenty of florists able to handle any hetero/homo wedding. And let's not forget online florists that can deliver a crap load of flowers in 24-48 hours probably cheaper than anyone in Tri-Cities.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:05 am

Skeptical wrote:Help us out here Caitlyn.

You said gays and lesbians are a protected class in Washington State.

Do you claim gays and lesbians enjoy a social/legal status higher then the heterosexual people because of their sexual preference/orientation?

It is fairly common knowledge many states recognize same sex marriages/unions but it isn't too common for gays and lesbians be a protected class of people.

What was the date and the legislation in Washington State that made gays and lesbian a protected class of citizens?
Yes everyone(Hetero & Homo - Sexual) falls under RCW 49.60.030 (amended 2006) with a summary here: Washington State Human Rights

(1) The right to be free from discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability is recognized as and declared to be a civil right. This right shall include, but not be limited to:
Also no, heterosexual people fall under this anti-discrimination policy as well as it has a blanket statement for "sexual orientation" it doesn't specifically say LGBT only, which is what an nondiscrimination policy is supposed to do.
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:11 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
You're kidding, right? You are speaking out of your azz ... once more. I'm gonna name it Charlie McCarthy.

Richland is part of the Tri-Cities area, the 4th largest population center in Washington with a metro-area population of 253,340 (Sioux Falls metro population was 228,261 in 2010). So no, it is not like buying flowers in Wall, SD. Looks like Tri-Cities have plenty of florists able to handle any hetero/homo wedding. And let's not forget online florists that can deliver a crap load of flowers in 24-48 hours probably cheaper than anyone in Tri-Cities.
I see you've never been there, you'd be pretty wrong on this but when you haven't visited the Tri-Cities I wouldn't expect you to know.

There are about five in Richland in total, with one, maybe two(as of 2013) able to handle a large wedding. Arlene's being one of them. Granted in the past couple of years another has sprung up thanks to the media hype
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Skeptical on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:37 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:Help us out here Caitlyn.

You said gays and lesbians are a protected class in Washington State.

Do you claim gays and lesbians enjoy a social/legal status higher then the heterosexual people because of their sexual preference/orientation?

It is fairly common knowledge many states recognize same sex marriages/unions but it isn't too common for gays and lesbians be a protected class of people.

What was the date and the legislation in Washington State that made gays and lesbian a protected class of citizens?
Yes everyone(Hetero & Homo - Sexual) falls under RCW 49.60.030 (amended 2006) with a summary here: Washington State Human Rights

(1) The right to be free from discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability is recognized as and declared to be a civil right. This right shall include, but not be limited to:
Also no, heterosexual people fall under this anti-discrimination policy as well as it has a blanket statement for "sexual orientation" it doesn't specifically say LGBT only, which is what an nondiscrimination policy is supposed to do.

FAIL !!

Fom the link you so handily pulled out of your sit down area:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

   Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
   If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
   Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

   Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
   Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Dammit kid when in the hell are you going to grow up and understand words and their use matter in the conveyance of thought.

When something is awarded "protected" classification their existence and continuation is deemed to be more important than others.

When you made the claim homosexuals are a protected class of people in Washington State you better mean that and be able to back it up rather than your general comments above.

You were asked to provide said legislation that specifies the fact homosexuals are in fact a protected class of people what do you do .. try to pawn off  this anti-discrimination policy as proof that homosexuals are a protected class.

Now if you truly think homosexuals are more important than heterosexuals now is your chance and then proceed to provide the proof they are truly a "protected class" of citizens

Until you provide proof homosexuals are "protected class"  your claim remains as FAILED !


Last edited by Skeptical on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Skeptical on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:38 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
You're kidding, right? You are speaking out of your azz ... once more. I'm gonna name it Charlie McCarthy.

Richland is part of the Tri-Cities area, the 4th largest population center in Washington with a metro-area population of 253,340 (Sioux Falls metro population was 228,261 in 2010). So no, it is not like buying flowers in Wall, SD. Looks like Tri-Cities have plenty of florists able to handle any hetero/homo wedding. And let's not forget online florists that can deliver a crap load of flowers in 24-48 hours probably cheaper than anyone in Tri-Cities.
I see you've never been there, you'd be pretty wrong on this but when you haven't visited the Tri-Cities I wouldn't expect you to know.

There are about five in Richland in total, with one, maybe two(as of 2013) able to handle a large wedding. Arlene's being one of them. Granted in the past couple of years another has sprung up thanks to the media hype

So you were there specifically looking for flower shops that may provide arrangements for gay weddings??

Whose was it?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
You're kidding, right? You are speaking out of your azz ... once more. I'm gonna name it Charlie McCarthy.

Richland is part of the Tri-Cities area, the 4th largest population center in Washington with a metro-area population of 253,340 (Sioux Falls metro population was 228,261 in 2010). So no, it is not like buying flowers in Wall, SD. Looks like Tri-Cities have plenty of florists able to handle any hetero/homo wedding. And let's not forget online florists that can deliver a crap load of flowers in 24-48 hours probably cheaper than anyone in Tri-Cities.
I see you've never been there, you'd be pretty wrong on this but when you haven't visited the Tri-Cities I wouldn't expect you to know.

There are about five in Richland in total, with one, maybe two(as of 2013) able to handle a large wedding. Arlene's being one of them. Granted in the past couple of years another has sprung up thanks to the media hype

What a load of BS Charlie McCarthy. A quick Internet search shows way more florists in the Tri-Cities area than 5. And that's not counting the supermarkets (3 Safeways alone) that have floral departments.

I married off a daughter last year and she got all the flowers she needed for 200+ guests and a bridal party of 12, corsages for 4 parents, a couple of grandmas, 3 ushers, and on and on from the HyVee down the street. My wallet is still smoldering.

And be certain that with only a phone call, I could have a C-130 load of flowers delivered from any of the Internet florists in any fcuking color combination and theme that any bridezilla, straight or gay, could dream up.

The two gay blades set up this poor florist and they are intent in driving her out of business just because she wouldn't celebrate their homo wonderfulness with them.

Here's a picture of the grandma hating fat gay boys with their fat dogs:

avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
What a load of BS Charlie McCarthy. A quick Internet search shows way more florists in the Tri-Cities area than 5. And that's not counting the supermarkets (3 Safeways alone) that have floral departments.
I didn't say TriCities I said in Richland, there were five total.

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
I married off a daughter last year and she got all the flowers she needed for 200+ guests and a bridal party of 12, corsages for 4 parents, a couple of grandmas, 3 ushers, and on and on from the HyVee down the street. My wallet is still smoldering.

And be certain that with only a phone call, I could have a C-130 load of flowers delivered from any of the Internet florists in any fcuking color combination and theme that any bridezilla, straight or gay, could dream up.

The two gay blades set up this poor florist and they are intent in driving her out of business just because she wouldn't celebrate their homo wonderfulness with them.
I like how you equate Hy-Vee with Safeway, how many years has it been since you've been in a Safeway, a dozen? maybe two dozen? It'd more apt to maybe relate Fred Meyer with Hy-Vee.

Or perhaps it was their ten year relationship with the florist that they wanted her expertise and care. Its interesting how you are trying justify her disobeying the Washington state law.

She broke the law and now has to pay the consequences. Stop trying to justify her poor behavior.

In addition, if you are calling those guys fat... that really says something about your personal motivation behind this story. Their dogs are cute.
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Alleycat on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:04 pm

The answer for Arlenes is to consider this fine a business expense  and raise it's prices until the $1000 is absorbed. Or to tack on a surtax with an explanation of why it is there.

Alleycat

Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Alleycat wrote:The answer for Arlenes is to consider this fine a business expense  and raise it's prices until the $1000 is absorbed. Or to tack on a surtax with an explanation of why it is there.

She may also have to pay court expenses and damages for the grandma hating Fat Gay Boys whereby she could stand to lose her house and retirement.

While Benton County Superior Court Judge Alex Ekstrom's Friday summary judgement orders Stutzman to pay a fine of $1,001, for now, and forces her to provide services for same-sex weddings, her lawyer, Alliance Defending Freedom senior counsel Kristen Waggoner, said that Stutzman is still at risk of losing her retirement savings and business as she will be responsible for paying the legal fees and damages incurred by Ingersoll and Freed, who were represented by the ACLU.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-grandma-florist-fined-1001-ordered-to-work-gay-weddings-but-refuses-says-she-wont-betray-jesus-state-threatens-to-take-her-home-business-away-136613/

Kick her to the curb and toss another biscuit to those fat pooches. The Fatties probably could have afforded a bigger wedding if they and their pooches didn't eat so much. Shocked /sarc
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Alleycat wrote:The answer for Arlenes is to consider this fine a business expense  and raise it's prices until the $1000 is absorbed. Or to tack on a surtax with an explanation of why it is there.

She may also have to pay court expenses and damages for the grandma hating Fat Gay Boys whereby she could stand to lose her house and retirement.

While Benton County Superior Court Judge Alex Ekstrom's Friday summary judgement orders Stutzman to pay a fine of $1,001, for now, and forces her to provide services for same-sex weddings, her lawyer, Alliance Defending Freedom senior counsel Kristen Waggoner, said that Stutzman is still at risk of losing her retirement savings and business as she will be responsible for paying the legal fees and damages incurred by Ingersoll and Freed, who were represented by the ACLU.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-grandma-florist-fined-1001-ordered-to-work-gay-weddings-but-refuses-says-she-wont-betray-jesus-state-threatens-to-take-her-home-business-away-136613/

Kick her to the curb and toss another biscuit to those fat pooches. The Fatties probably could have afforded a bigger wedding if they and their pooches didn't eat so much. Shocked  /sarc

She shouldn't have broken the law.
avatar
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Skeptical on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:13 pm


Why don't the homosexuals open flower shops and then there will be no more problems with homosexuals getting arrangements for same sex marriages.

Can you imagine how fast the media would bury any story of John and Marsha being turned down for wedding flowers by a gay florist because they are heterosexual.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2525
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Alleycat wrote:The answer for Arlenes is to consider this fine a business expense  and raise it's prices until the $1000 is absorbed. Or to tack on a surtax with an explanation of why it is there.

She may also have to pay court expenses and damages for the grandma hating Fat Gay Boys whereby she could stand to lose her house and retirement.

While Benton County Superior Court Judge Alex Ekstrom's Friday summary judgement orders Stutzman to pay a fine of $1,001, for now, and forces her to provide services for same-sex weddings, her lawyer, Alliance Defending Freedom senior counsel Kristen Waggoner, said that Stutzman is still at risk of losing her retirement savings and business as she will be responsible for paying the legal fees and damages incurred by Ingersoll and Freed, who were represented by the ACLU.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-grandma-florist-fined-1001-ordered-to-work-gay-weddings-but-refuses-says-she-wont-betray-jesus-state-threatens-to-take-her-home-business-away-136613/

Kick her to the curb and toss another biscuit to those fat pooches. The Fatties probably could have afforded a bigger wedding if they and their pooches didn't eat so much. Shocked  /sarc

She shouldn't have broken the law.

She's standing on her principles and beliefs and for that I admire her. This isn't about her not wanting to serve gays because she has sold flowers to Ingersoll for years. This is about not wanting to be part of a ceremony that solemnizes a sacred covenant in her religious beliefs, one that can only exist between a man and a woman. As she has stated, "Marriage represents the relationship of Christ and His church."

"It was a real struggle to decide what to do with that. My husband and I talked it over and as much as I loved Rob, I just couldn't be a part of that. If I did Rob's wedding, it would be from my heart because I think he is a really special person and I would want to make it really special for him. It wasn't something that I said, 'Oh, I'm not going to do Rob's wedding because he is gay.'"

I hope the Fatties take great pleasure in crushing a grandma. Class act. Go Gays!
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Rusty Houser on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:29 am

Would this same religious defense work if the florist's religious beliefs found inter racial marriage objectionable?

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Fines Florist $1001 for Violating Anti-Discrimmination Bill

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum