Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Skeptical on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:29 pm

BladeRunner wrote:http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/298809-black-kids-field-trip-indiana-parents-wondering-kids-cant-go/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Culture

From the article:
Next week, third graders from 7 schools in South Bend, Indiana, will board the big buses and go on a field trip. Missing? Students of any race other than African-American.

Yawn, no story here .. just move along.

However if it stated:
Next week, third graders from 7 schools in South Bend, Indiana, will board the big buses and go on a field trip. Missing? Students of any race other than white students.

This story would have been on mainstream media 24/7 and perhaps that MT suit HMWAIC would have uttered his favorite comment in situations such as this .. "They acted stupidly"
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:17 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I understand Liberal now.

The correlation to this situation where only black kids are allowed to go on the field trip and the sowing of seeds in thorns is very clear to me.

Those of us who pay taxes to the government and sow our seeds (our children) into a society of thorns are in trouble. The thorns grow in the form of government dependents, choking our children out of availability to go on field trips and other gifts bestowed on society by Santa Claus. Only the thorns are allowed to go on field trips as they are the ones dependent on government.

No need to get the weed eater out to get rid of the thorns or clear a way for them to depend on themselves. Let them grow as dependents. Continue to water them. Maybe someday they will grow into big beautiful trees that will provide shade and EBT fruit for the rest of society.

And the little seedlings (our children) that were choked out? They don't matter. They would have never contributed anyway.  


That's your take on the parable of the sower? Wow!

Jesus explains it pretty clearly. The seeds are not "our children" but ourselves. If you allow black people (your thorns) to drown out the word of God, then you are the seed sown amongst weeds.

Now see Matthew 6:25.

You really can't take jesting can you?

I am still waiting for your explanation of how this parable relates to the favoritism reported in the article.

Me too. As a fallen down Methodist I'll gladly profess that my detailed knowledge of the Bible is somewhat limited. However I don't believe the Parable of the Sower says what Liberal is claiming. Buddhism has a parable (more properly called a sutra) that is very similar, in fact almost identical.

The sower went out to sow with his good seed.  When he had filled his hand with some and he had dispersed it, part fell on the the edge of the road.  There the birds were quick to peck it.  Part fell on rock, where there were water, moisture, and mud.  It sprang up, but when it grew, its roots reached the dry layer of rock, and it died.  Part fell on land covered with thorns.  When it had grown up and was about to bear fruit, thorns choked it and made it die.  Finally, a small part fell into good, well-hoed soil.  It remained intact, grew, matured and prospered.

As I understand the Buddhist sutra, the sower is the bearer of wisdom with the good seed representative of the good word/truth.  The seed fallen beside the road that the birds eat is the "word" heard and then forgotten. The seed fallen on the rock which roots and then dies when the roots fail to find soil is the listener who hears the word with an open heart but loses interest and doesn't retain it. The seed which grows to the point of bearing fruit, but then the thorns and weeds kill it, is the listener who understands and holds on, but when it comes time for action to put the "word" into play he instead hesitates and makes excuses as to why he shouldn't act. The seed which falls on good ground and grows, matures and bears fruit is the listener who sees and understands and acts upon the "word" practicing the truth.

What we have with the favoritism being practiced by the South Bend School District is an injustice. And as Leviticus 19:15 states "You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor." And just as the thorns choke the plants and prevent them from bearing fruit, so to does ignoring an injustice. Fighting the injustice is how in the end we put into practice the "word".
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Just Braying It on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I understand Liberal now.

The correlation to this situation where only black kids are allowed to go on the field trip and the sowing of seeds in thorns is very clear to me.

Those of us who pay taxes to the government and sow our seeds (our children) into a society of thorns are in trouble. The thorns grow in the form of government dependents, choking our children out of availability to go on field trips and other gifts bestowed on society by Santa Claus. Only the thorns are allowed to go on field trips as they are the ones dependent on government.

No need to get the weed eater out to get rid of the thorns or clear a way for them to depend on themselves. Let them grow as dependents. Continue to water them. Maybe someday they will grow into big beautiful trees that will provide shade and EBT fruit for the rest of society.

And the little seedlings (our children) that were choked out? They don't matter. They would have never contributed anyway.  


That's your take on the parable of the sower? Wow!

Jesus explains it pretty clearly. The seeds are not "our children" but ourselves. If you allow black people (your thorns) to drown out the word of God, then you are the seed sown amongst weeds.

Now see Matthew 6:25.

You really can't take jesting can you?

I am still waiting for your explanation of how this parable relates to the favoritism reported in the article.

Me too. As a fallen down Methodist I'll gladly profess that my detailed knowledge of the Bible is somewhat limited. However I don't believe the Parable of the Sower says what Liberal is claiming. Buddhism has a parable (more properly called a sutra) that is very similar, in fact almost identical.

The sower went out to sow with his good seed.  When he had filled his hand with some and he had dispersed it, part fell on the the edge of the road.  There the birds were quick to peck it.  Part fell on rock, where there were water, moisture, and mud.  It sprang up, but when it grew, its roots reached the dry layer of rock, and it died.  Part fell on land covered with thorns.  When it had grown up and was about to bear fruit, thorns choked it and made it die.  Finally, a small part fell into good, well-hoed soil.  It remained intact, grew, matured and prospered.

As I understand the Buddhist sutra, the sower is the bearer of wisdom with the good seed representative of the good word/truth.  The seed fallen beside the road that the birds eat is the "word" heard and then forgotten. The seed fallen on the rock which roots and then dies when the roots fail to find soil is the listener who hears the word with an open heart but loses interest and doesn't retain it. The seed which grows to the point of bearing fruit, but then the thorns and weeds kill it, is the listener who understands and holds on, but when it comes time for action to put the "word" into play he instead hesitates and makes excuses as to why he shouldn't act. The seed which falls on good ground and grows, matures and bears fruit is the listener who sees and understands and acts upon the "word" practicing the truth.

What we have with the favoritism being practiced by the South Bend School District is an injustice. And as Leviticus 19:15 states "You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor." And just as the thorns choke the plants and prevent them from bearing fruit, so to does ignoring an injustice. Fighting the injustice is how in the end we put into practice the "word".

You are the seed sown on the path.

Just Braying It

Posts : 983
Join date : 2013-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:09 am

Liberal wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I understand Liberal now.

The correlation to this situation where only black kids are allowed to go on the field trip and the sowing of seeds in thorns is very clear to me.

Those of us who pay taxes to the government and sow our seeds (our children) into a society of thorns are in trouble. The thorns grow in the form of government dependents, choking our children out of availability to go on field trips and other gifts bestowed on society by Santa Claus. Only the thorns are allowed to go on field trips as they are the ones dependent on government.

No need to get the weed eater out to get rid of the thorns or clear a way for them to depend on themselves. Let them grow as dependents. Continue to water them. Maybe someday they will grow into big beautiful trees that will provide shade and EBT fruit for the rest of society.

And the little seedlings (our children) that were choked out? They don't matter. They would have never contributed anyway.  


That's your take on the parable of the sower? Wow!

Jesus explains it pretty clearly. The seeds are not "our children" but ourselves. If you allow black people (your thorns) to drown out the word of God, then you are the seed sown amongst weeds.

Now see Matthew 6:25.

You really can't take jesting can you?

I am still waiting for your explanation of how this parable relates to the favoritism reported in the article.

Me too. As a fallen down Methodist I'll gladly profess that my detailed knowledge of the Bible is somewhat limited. However I don't believe the Parable of the Sower says what Liberal is claiming. Buddhism has a parable (more properly called a sutra) that is very similar, in fact almost identical.

The sower went out to sow with his good seed.  When he had filled his hand with some and he had dispersed it, part fell on the the edge of the road.  There the birds were quick to peck it.  Part fell on rock, where there were water, moisture, and mud.  It sprang up, but when it grew, its roots reached the dry layer of rock, and it died.  Part fell on land covered with thorns.  When it had grown up and was about to bear fruit, thorns choked it and made it die.  Finally, a small part fell into good, well-hoed soil.  It remained intact, grew, matured and prospered.

As I understand the Buddhist sutra, the sower is the bearer of wisdom with the good seed representative of the good word/truth.  The seed fallen beside the road that the birds eat is the "word" heard and then forgotten. The seed fallen on the rock which roots and then dies when the roots fail to find soil is the listener who hears the word with an open heart but loses interest and doesn't retain it. The seed which grows to the point of bearing fruit, but then the thorns and weeds kill it, is the listener who understands and holds on, but when it comes time for action to put the "word" into play he instead hesitates and makes excuses as to why he shouldn't act. The seed which falls on good ground and grows, matures and bears fruit is the listener who sees and understands and acts upon the "word" practicing the truth.

What we have with the favoritism being practiced by the South Bend School District is an injustice. And as Leviticus 19:15 states "You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor." And just as the thorns choke the plants and prevent them from bearing fruit, so to does ignoring an injustice. Fighting the injustice is how in the end we put into practice the "word".

You are the seed sown on the path.

I'm still trying to figure out who gives a crap what you think...
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Skeptical on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:59 am

Darth Cheney wrote: I'm still trying to figure out who gives a crap what you think...

When all the smoke clears Liberal is simply claiming Jesus would discriminate against white students and would prefer the African-American students.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Skeptical wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:   I'm still trying to figure out who gives a crap what you think...

When all the smoke clears Liberal is simply claiming Jesus would discriminate against white students and would prefer the African-American students.

Yes, because in a liberal's eyes, Jesus prescribed social justice.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Shortie's Ex on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:Testify Brother Liberal. Testify.

Says the homosexual living in sin.

May I help you remove that log from your eye ?
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1109
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Shortie's Ex on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Liberal wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Liberal wrote:First world problems. WWJD

You tell me, you're the Bible expert...

Or are you?

Romans 2:11 wrote:For God does not show favoritism

Read the parable of the sower (hint: thorns).

So....please explain what your interpretation of that parable is in relation to article originally posted.

Enlighten us.

Wait a minute. You're a Christian and you don't know how the parable of the sower translates to every day life?

I pray for you, friend.

Who are you praing to?
I prey too Jesis.

The Right Reverend Liberal teachin' these pious Christians some bible. Bring them some Dr. Jesis Reverend Liberal !
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1109
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:56 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:Testify Brother Liberal. Testify.

Says the homosexual living in sin.

May I help you remove that log from your eye ?

Go and sin no more.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeah, there's no double standard whatsoever......

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum