Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun May 24, 2015 6:22 am

avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ireland Bows Down to the 62.1%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 6:51 am


How can Ireland cave into the demands of of only 62.1% of voters?

This experiment with democracy has gotten out of hand and we must end it now.




Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun May 24, 2015 9:45 am

This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Jammer on Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 am

Matthew Makela wrote:

How can Ireland cave into the demands of of only 62.1% of voters?

This experiment with democracy has gotten out of hand and we must end it now.




It is just one more example of how a direct democracy does not work. That is why progressive socialists believe in it and will accept a direct democracy until they can achieve a total dictatorship. They know that if you can get a "mob" whipped into a frenzy they will go along with your agenda regardless of how crazy or evil it is.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 10:41 am

Jammer wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:

How can Ireland cave into the demands of of only 62.1% of voters?

This experiment with democracy has gotten out of hand and we must end it now.




It is just one more example of how a direct democracy does not work.  That is why progressive socialists believe in it and will accept a direct democracy until they can achieve a total dictatorship.  They know that if you can get a "mob" whipped into a frenzy they will go along with your agenda regardless of how crazy or evil it is.

Would you prefer the legislative or judicial approaches that has been used to the same effect?

I don't know anyone who thinks a pure, direct democracy is desirable or even possible. That is why there is no such system of government in the world. Ireland is a democratic republic, not a direct democracy.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Jammer on Sun May 24, 2015 10:58 am

Matthew Makela wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:

How can Ireland cave into the demands of of only 62.1% of voters?

This experiment with democracy has gotten out of hand and we must end it now.




It is just one more example of how a direct democracy does not work.  That is why progressive socialists believe in it and will accept a direct democracy until they can achieve a total dictatorship.  They know that if you can get a "mob" whipped into a frenzy they will go along with your agenda regardless of how crazy or evil it is.

Would you prefer the legislative or judicial approaches that has been used to the same effect?

I don't know anyone who thinks a pure, direct democracy is desirable or even possible. That is why there is no such system of government in the world. Ireland is a democratic republic, not a direct democracy.

Well dipshit, you have already proven that you don’t know which way is up so I doubt if many people will believe your bullshit.  ANY time you have a popular election to pass a law; it is a FORM of direct democracy.

We live in a representative republic, but there are many forms of “direct democracy” creeping in thanks to the progressive socialist cretins like you.  Almost every state in the union has the Initiative and Referendum process in their state constitution and they ARE forms of DIRECT democracy.

However, you will note that the Founding Fathers did not give the federal government the power of initiative and referendum because they knew it was a bad idea.  If we were only smart enough to follow the wisdom of our Founding Fathers we would be so much better off.  Unfortunately due to low information voters, disgusting despicable scum like you have a say in advancing EVIL in America.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 11:02 am

Jammer wrote:Well dipshit, you have already proven that you don’t know which way is up so I doubt if many people will believe your bullshit.  ANY time you have a popular election to pass a law; it is a FORM of direct democracy.

We live in a representative republic, but there are many forms of “direct democracy” creeping in thanks to the progressive socialist cretins like you.  Almost every state in the union has the Initiative and Referendum process in their state constitution and they ARE forms of DIRECT democracy.

However, you will note that the Founding Fathers did not give the federal government the power of initiative and referendum because they knew it was a bad idea.  If we were only smart enough to follow the wisdom of our Founding Fathers we would be so much better off.  Unfortunately due to low information voters, disgusting despicable scum like you have a say in advancing EVIL in America.

So you prefer the legislative and judicial approaches that have been used here?

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ireland Bows Down to the 62.1%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 11:32 am

Matthew Makela wrote:So you prefer the legislative and judicial approaches that have been used here?

Oddly enough the judicial approach has been panned as "legislating from the bench" and the legislative approach is "ignoring the will of the people". So voting is out, legislation is out and a constitutional review by the courts is out.

Of course this all depends on the subject and the outcome. All of these constitutional avenues have been used to keep same sex marriage illegal but when the same tools are used to a different effect, there is a sharp contrast in reactions. As Americans we love our constitution, as long as we get what we want.


Last edited by Matthew Makela on Sun May 24, 2015 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun May 24, 2015 11:38 am

Matthew Makela wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:So you prefer the legislative and judicial approaches that have been used here?

Oddly enough the judicial approach has been panned as "legislating from the bench" and the legislative approach is "ignoring the will of the people". So voting is out, legislation is out and a constitutional review by the courts is out.

Of course this all depends on the subject and the outcome. All of these constitutional avenues have been used to keep same sex marriage illegal but when the same tools are used to a different effect, there is a sharp contrast in reactions. As Americans we love our constitution, as long as we get what we want.

You really are a dim bulb aren't you? "Constitutional review"...is that a f'n joke or are you that stupid? Maybe you could point out in the Constitution where it states it is the governments authority to provide healthcare or how about it is the government authority to declare two faggots can marry one another. That's the problem, the Supreme's are injecting their personal opinions and beliefs rather than their Constitutional authority of ruling according to the Constitution and not their whims. Yes, liberalism has affected the highest court in the land and the nation suffers because of it. The stupidity of the left and their complete and utter lack of understanding our our Nation's founding is truly breathtaking.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ireland Bows Down to the 62.1%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 11:46 am

Darth Cheney wrote:You really are a dim bulb aren't you? "Constitutional review"...is that a f'n joke or are you that stupid? Maybe you could point out in the Constitution where it states it is the governments authority to provide healthcare or how about it is the government authority to declare two faggots can marry one another. That's the problem, the Supreme's are injecting their personal opinions and beliefs rather than their Constitutional authority of ruling according to the Constitution and not their whims. Yes, liberalism has affected the highest court in the land and the nation suffers because of it. The stupidity of the left and their complete and utter lack of understanding our our Nation's founding is truly breathtaking.

Yes, I understand that you don't like "legislating from the bench" when the court's opinion is not to your liking.

Would you prefer the legislative approach?

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 11:57 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

Are you saying that this will turn straight people gay?




Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Skeptical on Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

Are you saying that this will turn straight people gay?




So you are saying gay marriages will have many births and increase the birthrate in Ireland?
.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2828
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Jammer on Sun May 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

Are you saying that this will turn straight people gay?




So you are saying gay marriages will have many births and increase the birthrate in Ireland?  
.

Yeah, just like a herd of gay cows.  Ranchers and farmers always prefer gay livestock as they are such better producers for them.  Being a perverted homosexual is such a natural gift.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

Are you saying that this will turn straight people gay?




So you are saying gay marriages will have many births and increase the birthrate in Ireland?  
.

No, I didn't say that and I can't figure out how you came to such a bizarre conclusion unless you're incapable of understanding basic English.

Do you think the birthrate will increase, decrease or stay the same?

Do you think the number of gay people will increase, decrease or stay the same?

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ireland Bows Down to the 62.1%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

As a side note, Ireland has the second highest fertility rate in the European Union and is essentially tied with the United States. If you're really that hot for a high birthrate there are several options available to you in most of the third world countries and Quiver households.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Jammer on Sun May 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

As a side note, Ireland has the second highest fertility rate in the European Union and is essentially tied with the United States. If you're really that hot for a high birthrate there are several options available to you in most of the third world countries and Quiver households.

Ain’t Google a wonderful thing?  It makes dumbass liberals feel good about themselves as it allows them to think they are actually knowledgeable.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun May 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Jammer wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

As a side note, Ireland has the second highest fertility rate in the European Union and is essentially tied with the United States. If you're really that hot for a high birthrate there are several options available to you in most of the third world countries and Quiver households.

Ain’t Google a wonderful thing?  It makes dumbass liberals feel good about themselves as it allows them to think they are actually knowledgeable.

Why would you say such a horrible thing about your friend gomezzz?

But I can understand how you can get so upset over someone who makes an effort to continue their education throughout their life, them facts can be damned inconvenient.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Jammer on Sun May 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Matthew Makela wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

As a side note, Ireland has the second highest fertility rate in the European Union and is essentially tied with the United States. If you're really that hot for a high birthrate there are several options available to you in most of the third world countries and Quiver households.

Ain’t Google a wonderful thing?  It makes dumbass liberals feel good about themselves as it allows them to think they are actually knowledgeable.

Why would you say such a horrible thing about your friend gomezzz?

But I can understand how you can get so upset over someone who makes an effort to continue their education throughout their life, them facts can be damned inconvenient.

See what happens when a dumbass liberal makes a comment without using Google.   Their ignorance bubbles to the top and the pure stupidity of a liberal is clearly evident.  However, it surprises no one as everyone realizes that a person has to be mentally insolvent to support the evil agenda of the progressive socialists.

The next time you see a dumbass progressive socialist, ask them if they believe in the tooth fairy.  You will soon learn whether the dumbass liberal is merely a stupid piece of dogshit or whether they are also a liar.  A scientific study recently showed that 93% of progressive socialists are stupid liars.  Only a mere 7% are just stupid.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Skeptical on Sun May 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Matthew Makela wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

Are you saying that this will turn straight people gay?




So you are saying gay marriages will have many births and increase the birthrate in Ireland?  
.

No, I didn't say that and I can't figure out how you came to such a bizarre conclusion unless you're incapable of understanding basic English.

Do you think the birthrate will increase, decrease or stay the same?

Do you think the number of gay people will increase, decrease or stay the same?

When did you stop believing homosexual relationships was preferred by nature for the continuance of any species of life?

Oh, why do you think homosexuals get so upset when there are comments stating opposition to homosexual marriages?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2828
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun May 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

Are you saying that this will turn straight people gay?




No you dumb fcuk, but it certainly advances the disconnect between marriage and procreation, ramifications that may not be fully realized for a generation or two. It certainly reinforces the adult-centric notion of marriage popularized for the last four or five decades making the adults happiness paramount over, say the family's happiness.

In addition the success and the welfare of any State is dependent on the natural procreative union of male/female. Aristotle recognizes this and writes in his "Politics" that the state arises from different components therefore constructing a State of families rather than a family State. The success or failure of the State is dependent on the function of individual households making marriage of man/woman and their issue essential to political theory.

By redefining the definition of marriage to include all forms of non-procreative relationships we devalue traditional marriage and place additional strain on an institution which has been badly damaged by the welfare state whereby the government now acts as a surrogate parent, diminishing in particular the father's position.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun May 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

As a side note, Ireland has the second highest fertility rate in the European Union and is essentially tied with the United States. If you're really that hot for a high birthrate there are several options available to you in most of the third world countries and Quiver households.

As a side note to your side note, Ireland's fertility has essentially flatlined since a slight boost from immigrants in the boom years of the Irish Tiger Economy in the late 90's. Ireland's fertility rate bottomed out in 1995 at a spectacular 1.85, below the replacement rate of 2.01. Relative to rates in other European countries, the barely adequate 2.01 rate is hardly much to crow about especially since it isn't due from native births.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:This can't but help Ireland's struggling fertility rate of 2.1%.

Are you saying that this will turn straight people gay?




So you are saying gay marriages will have many births and increase the birthrate in Ireland?  
.

No, I didn't say that and I can't figure out how you came to such a bizarre conclusion unless you're incapable of understanding basic English.

Do you think the birthrate will increase, decrease or stay the same?

Do you think the number of gay people will increase, decrease or stay the same?

When did you stop believing homosexual relationships was preferred by nature for the continuance of any species of life?

Oh, why do you think homosexuals get so upset when there are comments stating opposition to homosexual marriages?

Because the Nancies are drama queens.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon May 25, 2015 12:58 am

Matthew Makela wrote:
Matthew Makela wrote:So you prefer the legislative and judicial approaches that have been used here?

Oddly enough the judicial approach has been panned as "legislating from the bench" and the legislative approach is "ignoring the will of the people". So voting is out, legislation is out and a constitutional review by the courts is out.

Of course this all depends on the subject and the outcome. All of these constitutional avenues have been used to keep same sex marriage illegal but when the same tools are used to a different effect, there is a sharp contrast in reactions. As Americans we love our constitution, as long as we get what we want.

The Irish same-sex referendum was a vote on a constitutional amendment. Only the Irish voters can approve an amendment to the constitution. In the United States we have no national referendum on constitutional amendments. National Constitutional amendments here can only be approved by the State legislatures or by the convention process.

The US Constitution has given the States authority over police powers with the 10th Amendment. In South Dakota voters too have the power of referendum which they used in 2006 to approve an amendment to the State Constitution recognizing marriage only between a man and a woman. How is this any different than what the Irish just did albeit with an opposite outcome?

BTW, same sex marriage is not illegal, it's just not recognized by the State.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Alleycat on Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am

It is going to take a very long time for the Irish to live this down. There will be no end to the "Pink Beer" and pink shamrock jokes, and would you care to suck my club?

Alleycat

Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Rusty Houser on Mon May 25, 2015 9:22 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:As a side note to your side note, Ireland's fertility has essentially flatlined since a slight boost from immigrants in the boom years of the Irish Tiger Economy in the late 90's. Ireland's fertility rate bottomed out in 1995 at a spectacular 1.85, below the replacement rate of 2.01. Relative to rates in other European countries, the barely adequate 2.01 rate is hardly much to crow about especially since it isn't due from native births.

That would be a valid point if the human race was in any danger of extinction. As it is, we can go one hell of a long time with a less than replacement rate before we're in danger of disappearing as a species.

Unless of course you're like some who are worried about one particular part of the human race disappearing. They have implemented a Quiverfull like mentality to breed as many white babies as possible.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland Bows Down to the 2%

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum