Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOP Presidential Contenders

+6
Darth Cheney
Just Braying It
Clicker
BladeRunner
Gomezz Adddams
nightlight88
10 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

GOP Presidential Contenders - Page 4 Empty Re: GOP Presidential Contenders

Post  nightlight88 Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:54 pm

No problem, I will put that in the same catagory as these whoppers by your cuckold Hillary

1. Chelsea was jogging around the World Trade Center on 9-11

2. She landed under sniper fire in Bosnia

3. She was named after Sir Edmund Hillary

4. Family was dead broke when she left the white house

5. Bhengazi was caused by a discusting video.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Where is Gloria Allred and her gurls claiming Carson made advances???
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:26 pm

nightlight88 wrote:

No problem, I will put that in the same catagory as these whoppers by your cuckold Hillary

1. Chelsea was jogging around the World Trade Center on 9-11

Hillary said Chelsea was going on a jog that would have passed by the twin towers and that she was at a coffee shop with a friend.  Chelsea also said she was having coffee.  The Clinton's are avid joggers, she could have certainly been planning a that jog.  Hillary would have had no idea where she was at the time, only where she was going, and she hadn't heard from her.

2. She landed under sniper fire in Bosnia

Hillary owned up to this.

3.  She was named after Sir Edmund Hillary

I was born the day Three Mile Island blew up.  There has been a long standing joke in my family that I caused a nuclear meltdown when I was born, and that story has been shared with numerous others.  It's funny how no one took that so seriously. Rolling Eyes Sir Edmund didn't become famous until '53 when he climbed Everest.  Hillary was born in '47.  The whole story is Hillaryous.  

4.  Family was dead broke when she left the white house

They were broke.

5.  Bhengazi was caused by a discusting video.

There was certainly plenty of fuel in Benghazi but every explosion needs a trigger.  Considering the fact that there were protests over the video in other parts of the world,  it wasn't an unfounded initial assessment.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE89H19P20121018

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I was born the day Three Mile Island blew up.  

That explains a lot !
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:She was named after Sir Edmund Hillary

DUH, considering Sir Edmund Hillary was born in 1919 and the broom rider was born in 1947 there is no chance she could have been named BEFORE Sir Edmund Hillary !! GEESH

Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:16 am

Why is this even a story? This is almost 50 yo. As Carson clarifies, "I don’t remember all the specific details. Because I had done so extraordinarily well you know I was told that someone like me – they could get a scholarship to West Point. But I made it clear I was going to pursue a career in medicine. It was, you know, an informal ‘with a record like yours we could easily get you a scholarship to West Point.'”

Is there any doubt whatsoever that a student with this potential and background (poor, black, top ranked in his JROTC and smart as hell .... he was admitted to Yale after all) wouldn't have gotten appointed to West Point? The fact that he claimed he was offered a "full scholarship" and since all cadets receive tuition, room and board he lied or fabricated a story? Hang the bastard. Seriously. The fcuking schlubs over at CNN and Politico don't have a clue. Neither does our dear Fcukstik.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:41 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Why is this even a story? This is almost 50 yo. As Carson clarifies, "I don’t remember all the specific details. Because I had done so extraordinarily well you know I was told that someone like me – they could get a scholarship to West Point. But I made it clear I was going to pursue a career in medicine. It was, you know, an informal ‘with a record like yours we could easily get you a scholarship to West Point.'”

Is there any doubt whatsoever that a student with this potential and background (poor, black, top ranked in his JROTC and smart as hell .... he was admitted to Yale after all) wouldn't have gotten appointed to West Point?  The fact that he claimed he was offered a "full scholarship" and since all cadets receive tuition, room and board he lied or fabricated a story? Hang the bastard. Seriously. The fcuking schlubs over at CNN and Politico don't have a clue. Neither does our dear Fcukstik.

Carson has said time and time again that he was "offered a free ride to West Point." There are two gaping holes in this story.

#1 He was never offered anything. He was simply told that someone with his credentials was a likely shoe in for acceptance.

#2 There is no such thing as a "free ride" at West Point. If you're gong to make that claim you may want to make sure that it's even possible before doing so.

His statement makes it seem as if he was some sort of star ball player with colleges beating his door down, which certainly wasn't the case. Carson is no stranger to telling tall tales, and this is just anther example. This is definitely pertinent information for someone who is vying to be the leader of the free world. Maybe he should have stuck with dissecting babies?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:38 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Is there any doubt whatsoever that a student with this potential and background (poor, black, top ranked in his JROTC and smart as hell .... he was admitted to Yale after all) wouldn't have gotten appointed to West Point?  The fact that he claimed he was offered a "full scholarship" and since all cadets receive tuition, room and board he lied or fabricated a story? Hang the bastard. Seriously. The fcuking schlubs over at CNN and Politico don't have a clue. Neither does our dear Fcukstik.

Carson has said time and time again that he was "offered a free ride to West Point."  There are two gaping holes in this story.

#1 He was never offered anything. He was simply told that someone with his credentials was a likely shoe in for acceptance.  

#2 There is no such thing as a "free ride" at West Point.  If you're gong to make that claim you may want to make sure that it's even possible before doing so.

His statement makes it seem as if he was some sort of star ball player with colleges beating his door down, which certainly wasn't the case.  Carson is no stranger to telling tall tales, and this is just anther example.  This is definitely pertinent information for someone who is vying to be the leader of the free world.  Maybe he should have stuck with dissecting babies?

"Free ride" - I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means. The term is actually "full ride". Free ride means something obtained without effort or cost which is hardly the case in academic scholarships. Full ride, an informal term at best, generally means it would cover tuition, fees, room, board and maybe books. However there are also "full tuition" scholarships which essentially cover tuition and fees and maybe books.

All US military academies cover all educational expenses for everybody receiving an appointment. I see no issue with a 18 yo remembering it as a "full scholarship" because that is what it is. The fact that everybody with an appointment receives a full scholarship is superfluous to the discussion.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:23 am

Politico Admits Fabricating A Hit Piece On Ben Carson

Politico's editorial staff on Friday conceded that entire basis of attack on Carson was invented out of whole cloth.

November 6, 2015 By Mollie Hemingway

Politico‘s Kyle Cheney admitted that he fabricated a negative story about Ben Carson. At least, according to his own standards, he admitted the grievous journalistic sin.

In a story published early on Friday, Politico’s Kyle Cheney authored a piece headlined “Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship” with a subhed “Carson’s campaign on Friday conceded that a central point in his inspirational personal story did not occur as he previously described.”

Dem black republicans must be stopped!!!!

Doesn't he know what party he's expected to support
and be part of???
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:26 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Carson has said time and time again that he was "offered a free ride to West Point."  There are two gaping holes in this story.

#2 There is no such thing as a "free ride" at West Point.  If you're gong to make that claim you may want to make sure that it's even possible before doing so.

His statement makes it seem as if he was some sort of star ball player with colleges beating his door down, which certainly wasn't the case.  Carson is no stranger to telling tall tales, and this is just anther example.  This is definitely pertinent information for someone who is vying to be the leader of the free world.  Maybe he should have stuck with dissecting babies?

"Free ride" - I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means. The term is actually "full ride".  Free ride means something obtained without effort or cost which is hardly the case in academic scholarships. Full ride, an informal term at best, generally means it would cover tuition, fees, room, board and maybe books. However there are also "full tuition" scholarships which essentially cover tuition and fees and maybe books.

That's a brilliant description, except that West Point offers nothing that resembles any of those examples.  At West Point all expenses are paid in exchange for five years of service after graduation.

All US military academies cover all educational expenses for everybody receiving an appointment. I see no issue with a 18 yo remembering it as a "full scholarship" because that is what it is. The fact that everybody with an appointment receives a full scholarship is superfluous to the discussion.

Tuition in exchange for service has been a standard for many, many years and something I was well aware of when I graduated.  I can't speak for the time when Carson graduated, but I can tell you that it is a written law at West Point.  It seems foolish to think that this would be above the head of someone going into neurosurgery.  GOP Presidential Contenders - Page 4 3584648792

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:37 pm

I was offered a full academic scholarship to the University of Chicago, but I turned it down to go to a more prestigious university.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:I was offered a full academic scholarship to the University of Chicago, but I turned it down to go to a more prestigious university.

Ding Dong School or Romper Room ??
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:I was offered a full academic scholarship to the University of Chicago, but I turned it down to go to a more prestigious university.

What a coinkydink. My situation was just reversed of yourn. I turned down Northwestern to go University of Chicago (Go Maroons!). Didn't have enough money to apply to other schools so I didn't have to turn any others down. Such is the life of a poor academic.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Ethanol is a viable alternative fuel?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:33 am

Semantics, semantics, those pesky semantics!

US service academies such as the  Army at WestPoint, the Air Force at Colorado Springs, and Navy at Annapolis do not offer "full scholarships" per se the same as colleges and universities do.

Admission to an academy is a competitive two-step process. The first step is to obtain a nomination from an authorized source. The second step is to receive an appointment from the academy. The nomination allows you to compete for the appointment but does not guarantee an appointment.

A nomination is the selection made by an authorized source. Title 10 of the U.S. Code establishes two types of nominations: 1) congressional and 2) presidential/military service connected.

Congressional nominations include selections made by 1) the Vice-President, who nominates candidates from any part of the nation, 2) U.S. Senators, who nominate candidates from their entire state, and 3) U.S. Representatives, who nominate candidates that reside within their Congressional District

U.S. Service Academy graduates receive a first-rate undergraduate education, equivalent to that provided by a top-tier, Ivy League school, with options to pursue advanced degrees; spend a minimum of 5 years serving their country on active duty as a military officer; and are provided with an education and experience that will provide a world of career opportunities. The full four-year scholarship is valued at more than $350,000 which includes tuition, room and board, medical and dental care and a monthly salary. Students learn discipline, moral ethics and teamwork in a structured environment that fosters leadership and character development.

The appointment does include induction into said service and those items what the civilian universities will include in a full scholarship and are funded by the applicable academy.

Upon graduation and the receipt of a Bachelor of Science degree, the former students become second lieutenants or ensigns and must serve a minimum term of duty, usually five years plus another three years in the Reserves. If the student's chosen occupation requires particularly extensive training (such as naval aviator), the tour of duty may be longer.

Not so sure a person commenting about being offered a "full scholarship" to WestPoint is as catastrophic as some make it out to be!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:24 pm

One of my Drs, a former navy DR, daughters was offered what was referred to as a "Full ride" to the USMA as a Gymnast. She was recruited by a head hunter just like any other college athletes are. Referring to it as a scholarship is a matter of semantics and in the case of Libs foaming at the mouth for any way to discredit a Conservative please refer to the meaning if "is".
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:

Ethanol is a viable alternative fuel?

Everybody knows that the Pyramids (aka Giza Death Star) were military weapons built by a paleo-ancient society predating the Egyptian.

http://www.amazon.com/Giza-Death-Star-Joseph-Farrell/dp/0932813380/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Interesting. The US Naval Academy website refers to the tuition free education at the academy as a scholarship.

"There is no tuition or financial aid at the Naval Academy. The Navy pays 100% of the tuition, room and board, medical and dental care costs of Naval Academy midshipmen. This means ALL students who attend the Naval Academy do so on a full scholarship in return for 5 years of active duty service upon graduation."

Also, midshipmen (and I would suspect cadets at the other academies) are considered active duty and receive pay equal to approx $12,000@ year that is used to pay for uniforms, books, laundry, barber, fees, etc.

http://www.usna.edu/Student-Life/General-Information-for-Midshipmen.php

Last edited by Gomezz Adddams on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

GOP Presidential Contenders - Page 4 Empty #IStandWithBenCarson

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:19 pm

And then there's this ad in Black Enterprise magazine, 22 years after the Ben Carson episode, circa1991:

"Each year about 1.400 young men and women take advantage of the opportunity to attend West Point on a full government scholarship, which includes tuition, room and board and medical care."

Oops! affraid

https://books.google.com/books?id=GF4EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT109&lpg=PT109&dq=west+point+government+scholarship&source=bl&ots=OzrlCQhr-Q&sig=4nheUEJryUAVC_fS1p1tfsIXJJc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAzgKahUKEwi_2tKqx_zIAhUDNT4KHYqoCrM#v=onepage&q=west%20point%20government%20scholarship&f=false

Last edited by Gomezz Adddams on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:Interesting. The US Naval Academy website refers to the tuition free education at the academy as a scholarship.

"There is no tuition or financial aid at the Naval Academy. The Navy pays 100% of the tuition, room and board, medical and dental care costs of Naval Academy midshipmen. This means ALL students who attend the Naval Academy do so on a full scholarship in return for 5 years of active duty service upon graduation."

Also, midshipmen (and I would suspect cadets at the other academies) are considered active duty and receive pay equal to approx $12,000@ year that use to pay for uniforms, books, laundry, barber, fees, etc.

http://www.usna.edu/Student-Life/General-Information-for-Midshipmen.php

$12000.00 per year sounds about right based on the following.

As of 2012

US CODE - TITLE 37 > CHAPTER 3 > § 203

(c) A cadet at the United States Military Academy, the United States Air Force Academy, or the Coast Guard Academy, or a midshipman at the United States Naval Academy, is entitled to monthly cadet pay, or midshipman pay, at the monthly rate equal to 35 percent of the basic pay of a commissioned officer in the pay grade O–1 with less than two years of service.
Feb 28, 2012

The current pay for an O-1 less than 2 years service is $2934.30 per month.  Based on the percentage listed above  that   would figure out to be $1027.05 per month.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:And then there's this ad in Black Enterprise magazine, 22 years after the Ben Carson episode, circa1991:

"Each year about 1.400 young men and women take advantage of the opportunity to attend West Point on a full government scholarship, which includes tuition, room and board and medical care."

Oops! affraid

https://books.google.com/books?id=GF4EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT109&lpg=PT109&dq=west+point+government+scholarship&source=bl&ots=OzrlCQhr-Q&sig=4nheUEJryUAVC_fS1p1tfsIXJJc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAzgKahUKEwi_2tKqx_zIAhUDNT4KHYqoCrM#v=onepage&q=west%20point%20government%20scholarship&f=false

Oooh No... facts, those darn pesky facts!! (mortal enemies of racist liberals)
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Even at the tender age of 18 I had no trouble differentiating between a full ride and indentured servitude, but it's his story I guess he'll tell it how he wants.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:07 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Even at the tender age of 18 I had no trouble differentiating between a full ride and indentured servitude, but it's his story I guess he'll tell it how he wants.

Says the boy who has spent a lifetime suckling on the government Ag teet....that's rich!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next