Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:07 am

They don't in South Dakota but apparently do in other states...I stand corrected.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3231
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:59 am

Darth Cheney wrote:They don't in South Dakota but apparently do in other states...I stand corrected.
http://www.sdsmt.edu/Academics/Minors-and-Certificates/Minors/
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Jammer on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:06 am

Darth Cheney wrote:They don't in South Dakota but apparently do in other states...I stand corrected.

Darth, it would appear to me that you have nothing to stand corrected for.  Jackoff Jones is doing his best Google Addams imitation and merely Googling away and submitting every link that comes up when he enters the words engineering minor.

Most people consider only the main engineering degrees when they speak of engineering.  This would include civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical along with the more niche areas of petroleum, mining and geological.  

What I saw in the Google results posted by Jackoff Jones was a bunch of TRINKETS being used by higher education to continue to sell their overpriced degrees.  I did not see any minors being granted in TURE core engineering curriculums.   It is a lot like the name “University”.  It seems every higher education institution is now a UNIVERSITY.  They are all rushing to change their names to give the appearance that their overpriced colleges are worth all of the student loans you will be taking out.  It is sort of a progressive liberal thing I guess.

If I was you, I would retract your statement to Jackoff Jones and demand the cretin produce proof that there are UNIVERSITIES granting minors in civil, mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.  Forget the “trinkets”, when Jackoff Jones can produce proof they are giving minors in ENGINEERING and not “trinkets”, then you can apologize to the azzhole.

Don’t let the idiot who has no personal knowledge of what he is speaking about to use the old progressive liberal wordsmithing scheme to get an unwarranted apology from you.  Jackoff is a moron and if he saw that one of these liberal UNIVERSITIES was giving minors in sanitation engineering to their students who worked part time as janitors in their work study job, the moron would believe it because he is clueless.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2074
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:15 am

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:They don't in South Dakota but apparently do in other states...I stand corrected.

Darth, it would appear to me that you have nothing to stand corrected for.  Jackoff Jones is doing his best Google Addams imitation and merely Googling away and submitting every link that comes up when he enters the words engineering minor.

Most people consider only the main engineering degrees when they speak of engineering.  This would include civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical along with the more niche areas of petroleum, mining and geological.  

What I saw in the Google results posted by Jackoff Jones was a bunch of TRINKETS being used by higher education to continue to sell their overpriced degrees.  I did not see any minors being granted in TURE core engineering curriculums.   It is a lot like the name “University”.  It seems every higher education institution is now a UNIVERSITY.  They are all rushing to change their names to give the appearance that their overpriced colleges are worth all of the student loans you will be taking out.  It is sort of a progressive liberal thing I guess.

If I was you, I would retract your statement to Jackoff Jones and demand the cretin produce proof that there are UNIVERSITIES granting minors in civil, mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.  Forget the “trinkets”, when Jackoff Jones can produce proof they are giving minors in ENGINEERING and not “trinkets”, then you can apologize to the azzhole.

Don’t let the idiot who has no personal knowledge of what he is speaking about to use the old progressive liberal wordsmithing scheme to get an unwarranted apology from you.  Jackoff is a moron and if he saw that one of these liberal UNIVERSITIES was giving minors in sanitation engineering to their students who worked part time as janitors in their work study job, the moron would believe it because he is clueless.

You are incredibly foolish to make the case that any university in the country wouldn't supply you with a taylor made curriculum, using whatever they have in their arsenal, to fulfill your needs in a particular emphasis of study. As long as you are willing to put in the time and write the check.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:38 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:51 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:05 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?


Embryo? Fetus? I don't remember reading about those in the bible. scratch
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:51 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?


Embryo?  Fetus?  I don't remember reading about those in the Bible. scratch

There you go again, bringing up the Bible.  You really are having a problem with the idea of simple logic being applied to this argument, aren't you?

Ok, since you have no problem killing your offspring, you apparently know when life begins..because no sane and compassionate human being would kill another living human being...

Enlighten us. When does life begin?
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:30 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?


Embryo?  Fetus?  I don't remember reading about those in the Bible. scratch

There you go again, bringing up the Bible.  You really are having a problem with the idea of simple logic being applied to this argument, aren't you?

Ok, since you have no problem killing your offspring, you apparently know when life begins..because no sane and compassionate human being would kill another living human being...

Enlighten us. When does life begin?

What logic?   Derived from where?  Are we simply born with that knowledge?

As I've said before, I believe a woman is the keeper of life.  She possess it within her and releases it through each and every egg produced in her body.  She is also the one who knows whether she is properly prepared to nurture a new life.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?


Embryo?  Fetus?  I don't remember reading about those in the Bible. scratch

There you go again, bringing up the Bible.  You really are having a problem with the idea of simple logic being applied to this argument, aren't you?

Ok, since you have no problem killing your offspring, you apparently know when life begins..because no sane and compassionate human being would kill another living human being...

Enlighten us. When does life begin?

What logic?   Derived from where?  Are we simply born with that knowledge?

As I've said before, I believe a woman is the keeper of life.  She possess it within her and releases it through each and every egg produced in her body.  She is also the one who knows whether she is properly prepared to nurture a new life.

New science here.

Humans reproduce asexually.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:47 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?


Embryo?  Fetus?  I don't remember reading about those in the Bible. scratch

There you go again, bringing up the Bible.  You really are having a problem with the idea of simple logic being applied to this argument, aren't you?

Ok, since you have no problem killing your offspring, you apparently know when life begins..because no sane and compassionate human being would kill another living human being...

Enlighten us. When does life begin?

What logic?   Derived from where?  Are we simply born with that knowledge?

As I've said before, I believe a woman is the keeper of life.  She possess it within her and releases it through each and every egg produced in her body.  She is also the one who knows whether she is properly prepared to nurture a new life.

New science here.

Humans reproduce asexually.

This is my opinion.  It has nothing to do with science.  Science makes no claim as to the beginning of life.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
This is my opinion.  It has nothing to do with science.  Science makes no claim as to the beginning of life.

Huh?

Are you saying no scientist (one who practices science research/experiments, etc) has ever claimed when the beginning of life is?

You seriously are trying to dodge the very simple question of when a human life begins, aren't you? ? ? ? ?

When a unique human being begins to develop?

Is it really that hard to see?

If the embryo/fetus does not belong to the human species, what species does it belong to?
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:27 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
This is my opinion.  It has nothing to do with science.  Science makes no claim as to the beginning of life.

Huh?

Are you saying no scientist (one who practices science research/experiments, etc) has ever claimed when the beginning of life is?

You seriously are trying to dodge the very simple question of when a human life begins, aren't you? ? ? ? ?

When a unique human being begins to develop?

Is it really that hard to see?

There is zero consensus in the scientific field on when life begins, that's a fact.  I'm not dodging anything.   You asked me a question and I answered.  Every egg released is it's own unique human being.  You are the one dodging the question.  When does the bible say life begins?  Based on something other than scientific research, since you obviously don't belive in it, when do you think life begins?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Jammer on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?


Embryo?  Fetus?  I don't remember reading about those in the Bible. scratch

There you go again, bringing up the Bible.  You really are having a problem with the idea of simple logic being applied to this argument, aren't you?

Ok, since you have no problem killing your offspring, you apparently know when life begins..because no sane and compassionate human being would kill another living human being...

Enlighten us. When does life begin?

What logic?   Derived from where?  Are we simply born with that knowledge?

As I've said before, I believe a woman is the keeper of life.  She possess it within her and releases it through each and every egg produced in her body.  She is also the one who knows whether she is properly prepared to nurture a new life.

Spoken like the atheist you are.  I personally believe that God is the keeper of life and our jobs here on earth are to help protect that life.  It is clear to see what side of good and evil you are on.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2074
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:But enough digression.

Bill Nye's argument fails because regardless of the fact that some fertilized eggs are passed naturally and others implant in the uterus beginning a pregnancy, a unique life with it's own DNA is created once the egg is fertilized. The implantation doesn't change that fact. Absent any sickness, accidents or intervention, the new life will grow into a person.

The fact that nature/God causes many fertilized eggs not to implant is a red herring and Nye's attempt to draw a moral equivalence between a natural, spontaneous abortion to a premeditated, deliberate intervention in an otherwise healthy implantation demonstrates  an ignorance beyond even a rudimentary understanding of the human reproductive process.


He is not likening the two. He's merely stating that hanging your hat on the notion that life begins at fertilization is absurd, because there are many more natural steps that have to occur that are every bit as essential.  Without these additional steps life simply doesn't exist.  It's like baking a cake, your not done once you've mixed the ingredients.  A woman's right to maintain control over her own body as the process occurs is as natural as the gestation process itself.  A process, by the way, that you would know nothing about if it weren't for the very same people that you say don't know what they are talking about.

You're full of crap.

His justification of abortion is where he's likening the two.

Did you figure out yet whether life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Is the embryo/fetus at whatever week you choose to kill your offspring a living or nonliving embryo/fetus?


Embryo?  Fetus?  I don't remember reading about those in the Bible. scratch

There you go again, bringing up the Bible.  You really are having a problem with the idea of simple logic being applied to this argument, aren't you?

Ok, since you have no problem killing your offspring, you apparently know when life begins..because no sane and compassionate human being would kill another living human being...

Enlighten us. When does life begin?

What logic?   Derived from where?  Are we simply born with that knowledge?

As I've said before, I believe a woman is the keeper of life.  She possess it within her and releases it through each and every egg produced in her body.  She is also the one who knows whether she is properly prepared to nurture a new life.

Spoken like the atheist you are.  I personally believe that God is the keeper of life and our jobs here on earth are to help protect that life.  It is clear to see what side of good and evil you are on.

Someone had to entrust a woman with that distinction....
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

Someone had to entrust a woman with that distinction....

I see you changed your post from "ability" to "distinction"....

Nice catch.

Regardless....you are one confusing person to talk to. In one post, you don't want to give God credit for anything because He doesn't exist, in another you say someone had to give her the ability to have human life inside her. Who can give her that ability other than the one who created her?

In another you want us to show you what the Bible says about a topic---a book that you don't follow much less believe or agree with.

How does an atheist such as yourself live with himself? It must be confusing taking multiple sides of an argument all of the time.
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:24 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Someone had to entrust a woman with that distinction....

I see you changed your post from "ability" to "distinction"....

And??

Nice catch.

Regardless....you are one confusing person to talk to. In one post, you don't want to give God credit for anything because He doesn't exist, in another you say someone had to give her the ability to have human life inside her. Who can give her that ability other than the one who created her?

There's a reason you may find my comments confusing. Because you're hallucinating. I never said I don't believe in God. Or that he doesn't exist.


In another you want us to show you what the Bible says about a topic---a book that you don't follow much less believe or agree with.

Who says?

How does an atheist such as yourself live with himself? It must be confusing taking multiple sides of an argument all of the time.

Not an atheist at all.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
This is my opinion.  It has nothing to do with science.  Science makes no claim as to the beginning of life.

Huh?

Are you saying no scientist (one who practices science research/experiments, etc) has ever claimed when the beginning of life is?

You seriously are trying to dodge the very simple question of when a human life begins, aren't you? ? ? ? ?

When a unique human being begins to develop?

Is it really that hard to see?

There is zero consensus in the scientific field on when life begins, that's a fact.  I'm not dodging anything.   You asked me a question and I answered.  Every egg released is it's own unique human being.  You are the one dodging the question.  When does the bible say life begins?  Based on something other than scientific research, since you obviously don't belive in it, when do you think life begins?


Psalms 139:13 wrote:For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
So, we are formed in our mother's wombs. Imagine that. Meaning, you are a human being before you leave your mother's womb.

And, aside from that, God's knew us before he even formed us in the womb:

Jeremiah 1:5 wrote:Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

So, before we even started to form in the womb, God knew us.  Not really that hard to find. It's pretty clear. Regardless, it is a human life, and murder to abort it.

Exodus 21:22 wrote: If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart [from her], and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges [determine]

Saying that the human being inside a woman has value.

The point is......REGARDLESS of when you or I or some "consensus" thinks it's OK to intentionally end the life of unique human being, why risk it? Why should 5 judges sitting in a courtroom somewhere have the right to say it's legal?

This guy annihilates the "science" guy's arguments using simple logic:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/abortion-fans-are-bad-at-science-and-even-worse-at-making-rational-arguments/
avatar
BladeRunner

Posts : 1913
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:They don't in South Dakota but apparently do in other states...I stand corrected.

Darth, it would appear to me that you have nothing to stand corrected for.  Jackoff Jones is doing his best Google Addams imitation and merely Googling away and submitting every link that comes up when he enters the words engineering minor.

Most people consider only the main engineering degrees when they speak of engineering.  This would include civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical along with the more niche areas of petroleum, mining and geological.  

What I saw in the Google results posted by Jackoff Jones was a bunch of TRINKETS being used by higher education to continue to sell their overpriced degrees.  I did not see any minors being granted in TURE core engineering curriculums.   It is a lot like the name “University”.  It seems every higher education institution is now a UNIVERSITY.  They are all rushing to change their names to give the appearance that their overpriced colleges are worth all of the student loans you will be taking out.  It is sort of a progressive liberal thing I guess.

If I was you, I would retract your statement to Jackoff Jones and demand the cretin produce proof that there are UNIVERSITIES granting minors in civil, mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.  Forget the “trinkets”, when Jackoff Jones can produce proof they are giving minors in ENGINEERING and not “trinkets”, then you can apologize to the azzhole.

Don’t let the idiot who has no personal knowledge of what he is speaking about to use the old progressive liberal wordsmithing scheme to get an unwarranted apology from you.  Jackoff is a moron and if he saw that one of these liberal UNIVERSITIES was giving minors in sanitation engineering to their students who worked part time as janitors in their work study job, the moron would believe it because he is clueless.

You are incredibly foolish to make the case that any university in the country wouldn't supply you with a taylor made curriculum, using whatever they have in their arsenal, to fulfill your needs in a particular emphasis of study.  As long as you are willing to put in the time and write the check.

I believe Jammer is correct and you are full of crap as usual. Just because an engineering school offers minors doesn't equate to someone obtaining an engineering degree to also claim they minored in mathematics...it doesn't happen and isn't allowed.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3231
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:53 pm

@ Dr Fcukstik: "Every egg released is it's own unique human being."

No it's not you dumbazz.

While a human ovum is alive as well as the sperm and your skin cells, they are not organisms or "unique". One celled amoebas are organisms because they are independent. Human ovums are not.

Your body sloughs off 80 billion plus skin cells every day. Cells that were once alive just as an unfertilized human egg passed during a period. And while they were all once alive, they were not independent organisms nor unique.

A fertilized human egg is unique in that possesses it's own DNA and after implantation (absent disease, accident or intervention) will develop into an independent organism.

A unique human life begins at fertilization/conception and if it implants in the uterus, nothing is added or subtracted from this equation. The unique human life had already begun.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:05 pm

I'm going to try to post the link for a really good pdf file I found on the different theories on when life begins, and whether their rational holds water.


https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://science.jburroughs.org/mbahe/BioEthics/Articles/Whendoeshumanlifebegin.pdf&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwio5OfvmaXIAhWOmogKHS09AGY&usg=AFQjCNHFtJAmc1x80ojVCssdB7bYTK0jvw
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:45 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
This is my opinion.  It has nothing to do with science.  Science makes no claim as to the beginning of life.

Huh?

Are you saying no scientist (one who practices science research/experiments, etc) has ever claimed when the beginning of life is?

You seriously are trying to dodge the very simple question of when a human life begins, aren't you? ? ? ? ?

When a unique human being begins to develop?

Is it really that hard to see?

There is zero consensus in the scientific field on when life begins, that's a fact.  I'm not dodging anything.   You asked me a question and I answered.  Every egg released is it's own unique human being.  You are the one dodging the question.  When does the bible say life begins?  Based on something other than scientific research, since you obviously don't belive in it, when do you think life begins?


Psalms 139:13 wrote:For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
So, we are formed in our mother's wombs. Imagine that. Meaning, you are a human being before you leave your mother's womb.

And, aside from that, God's knew us before he even formed us in the womb:

Jeremiah 1:5 wrote:Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

So, before we even started to form in the womb, God knew us.  Not really that hard to find. It's pretty clear. Regardless, it is a human life, and murder to abort it.

Exodus 21:22 wrote: If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart [from her], and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges [determine]

Saying that the human being inside a woman has value.

The point is......REGARDLESS of when you or I or some "consensus" thinks it's OK to intentionally end the life of unique human being, why risk it? Why should 5 judges sitting in a courtroom somewhere have the right to say it's legal?

This guy annihilates the "science" guy's arguments using simple logic:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/abortion-fans-are-bad-at-science-and-even-worse-at-making-rational-arguments/

"God know you before you were born."  That proves my theory on life better than I could have ever imagined.  Life began long before fertilization, and will carry on long after any disruption of a pregnancy, natural or otherwise.

As far as your loony toon rebuttal of Nye's assessment, it's  riddled with lies and sexist remarks.  Just as one would expect from a conservative talking head.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:50 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:They don't in South Dakota but apparently do in other states...I stand corrected.

Darth, it would appear to me that you have nothing to stand corrected for.  Jackoff Jones is doing his best Google Addams imitation and merely Googling away and submitting every link that comes up when he enters the words engineering minor.

Most people consider only the main engineering degrees when they speak of engineering.  This would include civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical along with the more niche areas of petroleum, mining and geological.  

What I saw in the Google results posted by Jackoff Jones was a bunch of TRINKETS being used by higher education to continue to sell their overpriced degrees.  I did not see any minors being granted in TURE core engineering curriculums.   It is a lot like the name “University”.  It seems every higher education institution is now a UNIVERSITY.  They are all rushing to change their names to give the appearance that their overpriced colleges are worth all of the student loans you will be taking out.  It is sort of a progressive liberal thing I guess.

If I was you, I would retract your statement to Jackoff Jones and demand the cretin produce proof that there are UNIVERSITIES granting minors in civil, mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.  Forget the “trinkets”, when Jackoff Jones can produce proof they are giving minors in ENGINEERING and not “trinkets”, then you can apologize to the azzhole.

Don’t let the idiot who has no personal knowledge of what he is speaking about to use the old progressive liberal wordsmithing scheme to get an unwarranted apology from you.  Jackoff is a moron and if he saw that one of these liberal UNIVERSITIES was giving minors in sanitation engineering to their students who worked part time as janitors in their work study job, the moron would believe it because he is clueless.

You are incredibly foolish to make the case that any university in the country wouldn't supply you with a taylor made curriculum, using whatever they have in their arsenal, to fulfill your needs in a particular emphasis of study.  As long as you are willing to put in the time and write the check.

I believe Jammer is correct and you are full of crap as usual. Just because an engineering school offers minors doesn't equate to someone obtaining an engineering degree to also claim they minored in mathematics...it doesn't happen and isn't allowed.

It's tough to  argue with someone who can spit in the face of provided evidence.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:16 am

Any thoughts on In Vitro Fertilization?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3456
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum