War on Religion?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: War on Religion?

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:I think Jesus would chuckle at the amount of whining American Christians do over their "persecution".

Jesus - Tortured and crucified on a cross
American Christian - Whines about not being able to put a manger in front of a courthouse

I'm sure He'd proud!

There are so many things about today's neo-Christians Jesus would find appalling.  The fact that they would use his name in vein by putting a manger in front of the courthouse is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Neo-Christians - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Ya it does.

Vein? Snicker. This is why spell check is killing the English language.

This is why you'd need to find someone who gives a phlying phuck. As usual you go all grammar nazi when you don't have a pot to piss in.

Manger? - It's a creche fcukstik. The manger is what HayZeus is lying in.

I said manger and I meant manger. I appreciate your concern though. Rolling Eyes
                                      creche

manger

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:51 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:I think Jesus would chuckle at the amount of whining American Christians do over their "persecution".

American Christian - Whines about not being able to put a manger in front of a courthouse

I'm sure He'd proud!

There are so many things about today's neo-Christians Jesus would find appalling.  The fact that they would use his name in vein by putting a manger in front of the courthouse is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Funny that you would call that the tip of the iceberg...when the very video you posted shows a main using Christ's name in vain.

And yet you don't know what mockery is.....

I don't know if you noticed, but he's an atheist.  He's allowed.

You are really more of an idiot than I thought if you are arguing that because he doesn't believe in God that he has an excuse.

Thats just plain foolishness.  Why won't you just answer the question?

What question are you referring to?

Mockery?

If you don't see it, your blindness answers my questions about you.

Obviously the question is, where is this "war on religion" rhetoric coming from?

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:32 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Funny that you would call that the tip of the iceberg...when the very video you posted shows a main using Christ's name in vain.

Main? Spellcheck is killing the English language.

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:13 am

Ham Flower? wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Hey pucker nut, I would suspect that BladeRunner was using the spelling of main as a joke. However it's obvious that your butt hole is clenched tighter than fcukstik's brain. Instead, why don't you stick to pretense of being a Christian.
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:28 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Atheists are usually tolerable and easy to ignore. Maher is an anti-theist and anti-theists are all dickheads. Maher likes to claim he is all for "freedom to practice any religion you want without fear of violence" (as he stated in the meltdown with Ben "No Talent" Affleck) but when push comes to shove as in Hobby Lobby or Little Sisters of the Poor invoking the Religious Freedom Restoration Act over the ACA's birth control mandate his ardor is nowhere to be found.

Horseshit.  Bill Maher never said that.  He said that was a liberal principle.  But as you pointed out, it's clearly not part of his personal manafesto.

Sure he did Fcukstik. Maher starts his rebuttal with “Liberals need to stand up for liberal principles. … " The problem is assohololic Liberal Maher conflates Classical Liberalism with his contemporary/FDR Liberalism. The point the dcik-for-brains was trying to make in in his meltdown with Affleck was that Islam is an illiberal religion. And it is. There can be no no freedom of religion in a religion that kills people for leaving it, that slaughters cartoonists for drawing "offensive", a religion that beheads Christians.
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:32 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Hey pucker nut, I would suspect that BladeRunner was using the spelling of main as a joke. However it's obvious that your butt hole is clenched tighter than fcukstik's brain. Instead, why don't you stick to pretense of being a Christian.

Did he tell you that at the slumber party?

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:28 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Atheists are usually tolerable and easy to ignore. Maher is an anti-theist and anti-theists are all dickheads. Maher likes to claim he is all for "freedom to practice any religion you want without fear of violence" (as he stated in the meltdown with Ben "No Talent" Affleck) but when push comes to shove as in Hobby Lobby or Little Sisters of the Poor invoking the Religious Freedom Restoration Act over the ACA's birth control mandate his ardor is nowhere to be found.

Horseshit.  Bill Maher never said that.  He said that was a liberal principle.  But as you pointed out, it's clearly not part of his personal manafesto.

Sure he did Fcukstik. Maher starts his rebuttal with “Liberals need to stand up for liberal principles. … " The problem is assohololic Liberal Maher conflates Classical Liberalism with his contemporary/FDR Liberalism. The point the dcik-for-brains was trying to make in in his meltdown with Affleck was that Islam is an illiberal religion. And it is. There can be no no freedom of religion in a religion that kills people for leaving it, that slaughters cartoonists for drawing "offensive", a religion that beheads Christians.

Bill Maher's take on Islam isn't necessarily just that they are some sort of oppressive religious faction, nor was he trying to label it as being liberal or non-liberal. His point is that like you, they are batshit crazy.  Maher actually sides with conservatives on stereotyping all Muslims as being batshit crazy terrorists,  thus believing they don't deserve religious freedom.  Maher actually refuted Ben Affleck's very liberal stance of not stereotyping them and supporting their right to their own religious freedoms.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on who is attacking Christianity.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:01 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Bill Maher's take on Islam isn't necessarily just that they are some sort of oppressive religious faction, nor was he trying to label it as being liberal or non-liberal. His point is that like you, they are batshit crazy.  Maher actually sides with conservatives on stereotyping all Muslims as being batshit crazy terrorists,  thus believing they don't deserve religious freedom.  Maher actually refuted Ben Affleck's very liberal stance of not stereotyping them and supporting their right to their own religious freedoms.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on who is attacking Christianity.

Of course he was calling Islam illiberal. From an interview in Salon:

“We’re liberals … we’re trying to stand up for the principles of liberalism! And so, y’know, I think we’re just saying we need to identify illiberalism wherever we find it in the world, and not forgive it because it comes from [a group that] people perceive as a minority.”

And it certainly is more than "stereotypying" or that they are not deserving of religious freedom. It is because of Sharia law that theocratic Islamic countries are incapable of religious freedom. Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen etc all have some form of Sharia and theocratic government.

As I stated, Christianity in the US is under attack by Maher, Sam Harris and other anti-theists. Nuns are under attack by the government to enforce health mandates that collide with their beliefs. Christian businessmen are under attack from the homosexual culture to force their involvement in gay marriage. Churches are in danger of losing their liability insurance because of their refusal to perform gay weddings. Don't be surprised if churches start losing their tax exempt status for "discriminating" against gay weddings. The slope gets slipperier everyday.
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:25 am

Dr. Jones wrote:

Obviously the question is, where is this "war on religion" rhetoric coming from?  

And...like I said, you're too blind to see it.

Gomez does a good job describing some of it:

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
As I stated, Christianity in the US is under attack by Maher, Sam Harris and other anti-theists. Nuns are under attack by the government to enforce health mandates that collide with their beliefs. Christian businessmen are under attack from the homosexual culture to force their involvement in gay marriage. Churches are in danger of losing their liability insurance because of their refusal to perform gay weddings. Don't be surprised if churches start losing their tax exempt status for "discriminating" against gay weddings. The slope gets slipperier everyday.

And as a Christian, when Christ is mocked, as Billy Maher did in that video, He is mocking/persecuting me.

But, of course, you wouldn't understand that as I'm sure you're not offended when Christ is mocked. Only a Christian would be offended.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:22 am

You feel persecuted because a TV personality mocks Jesus? Maybe it's time to put some big boy pants on.

When the eighth beatitude was written, I'm sure they had Bill Maher and cake baking in mind.

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:59 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

According to Bladerunner's logic, you're persecuting anti-theists. Shame on you!

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

According to Bladerunner's logic, you're persecuting anti-theists. Shame on you!

The proud sodomizer must have pulled out, the stuff coming out of your anal passage is putrid.
nightlight88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Au contraire mon frère. I'm only giving back in kind and in spirit what has already been given. If Maher is going to be an assoholic then I'll treat him as such.
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Au contraire mon frère. I'm only giving back in kind and in spirit what has already been given. If Maher is going to be an assoholic then I'll treat him as such.

So it's not persecution if you think the person is an asshole? That opens up a can of worms.

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Speaking of Religion, the Islam religion(?) ... well actually a cult started by a pervert.

OR

The religion of peace, er piece !!

What do they have against pigs?
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 pm

So much persecution. Bladerunner's head must be spinning!

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:46 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I'm sure He'd proud!

Of course he was calling Islam illiberal. From an interview in Salon:

“We’re liberals … we’re trying to stand up for the principles of liberalism! And so, y’know, I think we’re just saying we need to identify illiberalism wherever we find it in the world, and not forgive it because it comes from [a group that] people perceive as a minority.”

And it certainly is more than "stereotypying" or that they are not deserving of religious freedom. It is because of Sharia law that theocratic Islamic countries are incapable of religious freedom. Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen etc all have some form of Sharia and theocratic government.

It is stereotyping.  There are some pretty nasty demands made on Christian's in the bible if they were to take what it contains at face value.  Being part of a civilized society, we simply choose to throw aside some of the crazier parts of the bible.  Muslims are no different.  There are extremists that take everything from the Quran at face value, but a large portion are also good people.  The percentages may be different than Christians, but then there are are a lot of social differences that effect that as well.  For example we as a country don't allow any religion to run our government, at least not in theory. Suspect Bill is correct in that being an illiberal philosophy on the part of countries where Islam is prevalent.  His main personal philosophy on religion in general is still that they are all bat shiste crazy.

Your examples are far from being an attack on religion.

Bill Maher is entitled to his opinion.  He is not attacking anyone in expressing his opinion.

There is undoubtedly more much needed clarification coming at some point in the future on the fight between personal liberty and religious liberty, but we've worked too hard as a country to overcome discrimination to just toss peoples' civil liberties aside in favor of religious freedom.  We've come too far from a pre-civil war era where people were allowed to keep slaves based on their perception of what the bible taught, to alow perceptions of the bible to rule the roost today.  Even though we have peoples' religious rights to consider, defending personal liberty cannot take a back seat.  As for all this sensational BS about churches being forced to marry gay couples, don't get your panties in a wad, the SCOTUS said in this summer's ruling that churches will continue to be a safe haven for discrimination.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:56 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
There are some pretty nasty demands made on Christian's in the bible if they were to take what it contains at face value.

Such as................?
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:24 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
There are some pretty nasty demands made on Christian's in the bible if they were to take what it contains at face value.

Such as................?

Oh I dunno, plucking out your eye,  cutting off your hands, stoning your children to death, beating them against rocks, degradation of women, promoting slavery, killing/burning priests of opposing religions, the massacre of the Midianites except the young virgins to be kept for themselves, degradation of the handicapped...

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:05 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Such as................?

Oh I dunno, plucking out your eye,  cutting off your hands, stoning your children to death, beating them against rocks, degradation of women, promoting slavery, killing/burning priests of opposing religions, the massacre of the Midianites except the young virgins to be kept for themselves, degradation of the handicapped...

Are you really that much of an idiot?

Those weren't demands made on Christians.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 am

Skeptical wrote:

Speaking of Religion, the Islam religion(?) ... well actually a cult started by a pervert.

OR

The religion of peace, er piece !!

What do they have against pigs?

Wait a second... What were you looking at on the internet that led you to people humping goats? Darth's monkey humping obsession is one thing, but people humping goats is just plain sick!

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Such as................?

I'm sorry, I thought the bible was a Christian handbook. Enlighten me....

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Such as................?

I'm sorry,  I thought the bible was a Christian handbook.  Enlighten me....

Sorry, not sure what book you're talking about. It wasn't capitalized.....

You really don't get it, do you? No wonder you're out lost in the weeds when it comes to understanding Christianity.

Do you have any specific references in the Bible that you says demands Christians do those things you mentioned? Or are did you pull them out of your rear end?
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Such as................?

Essentially the doctrine of Sole Fide (by faith alone) abrogated the laws in the Covenant of the Old Testament with Jesus' crucifixion and his ascension into Heaven. Depending on the denomination, the interpretation of the New Covenant can vary but essentially the ceremonial Mosaic laws (like circumcision, animal sacrifice, dietary restrictions) no longer apply to Christians.

Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:04 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Such as................?

Essentially the doctrine of Sole Fide (by faith alone) abrogated the laws in the Covenant of the Old Testament with Jesus' crucifixion and his ascension into Heaven. Depending on the denomination, the interpretation of the New Covenant can vary but essentially the ceremonial Mosaic laws (like circumcision, animal sacrifice, dietary restrictions) no longer apply to Christians.

I don't know where you learned to spell, but it's actually Sola Fide, and is redundant because God already provided this luxury when Jesus died on the cross.  Furthermore this doctrine refers to all acts, not just the genocidal craziness.  It also refers to not being baptized, and not putting money in the offering plate, etc.  Not doing these things will not keep you out of God's good graces.

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top