Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VP slot on Trump ticket ?

+6
Jammer
Just Braying It
Gomezz Adddams
nightlight88
Dr. Evil
Shortie's Ex
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VP slot on Trump ticket ? - Page 2 Empty Re: VP slot on Trump ticket ?

Post  BladeRunner Fri May 06, 2016 10:01 am

Condi Rice!
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

VP slot on Trump ticket ? - Page 2 Empty Re: VP slot on Trump ticket ?

Post  Jammer Fri May 06, 2016 10:38 am

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:Walker, Rubio and even Fiorino come to mind.  Trump did say he wanted an insider for the job. His cabinet picks are going to be far more interesting...........................

I will personally be very disappointed if either Rubio or Walker accept the VP slot if offered.

Walker is possibly the best qualified for the VP job.  He would ground Trump in the fine points of running a politically oriented elected office.  I know, he isn't really "conservative" enough, but he'll get the job done without the screeching and yowling of the left getting in his way, just as he did in Wisconsin.   Guys like Trump all have hatchet men and Walker would enjoy that job!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you that Scott Walker is the most qualified for the VP slot and I would even say he was probably one of the most qualified to be President.  I think he would do an excellent job as President; it is just that he didn’t have the charisma and chemistry to win a national election.

As for him not being “conservative enough”, yeah he is not a 100% on the conservative scale.  He has had a few missteps along the way that have been disappointing, but he is pointed north enough for me.  While I would love to have all candidates be a 100% on the conservative scale, I will accept anything north of 80% and be very happy with anything north of 90%.

In my opinion, it is far better to have an 80% conservative where we can spend our time pushing them closer to “true north” versus taking a huge step back with a ZERO PERCENT asshole liberal and then spending all our time whining about how bad it is.

I just hope that Walker has the ethics and moral character that will prevent him from joining what will more than likely be an ill fated campaign alongside someone as slimy as Trump.  No VP will have any influence on Trump's actions or behavior in my opinion, so even putting the best Republican alongside him will not make much of a difference.  That is why I would hate to see some of the Republicans who I think offer us the best hope in the future sell out now just to be a candidate for VP.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2