Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Innovation? Are you Fracking Kidding Me?!?

+3
Skeptical
Jammer
Dr. Evil
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Innovation?  Are you Fracking Kidding Me?!? - Page 2 Empty Re: Innovation? Are you Fracking Kidding Me?!?

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:36 pm

From the World Health Organization:

Cyanobacteria or blue-green algae occur worldwide especially in calm, nutrient-rich waters. Some species of cyanobacteria produce toxins that affect animals and humans. People may be exposed to cyanobacterial toxins by drinking or bathing in contaminated water. The most frequent and serious health effects are caused by drinking water containing the toxins (cyanobacteria), or by ingestion during recreational water contact.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/diseases/cyanobacteria/en/

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Innovation?  Are you Fracking Kidding Me?!? - Page 2 Empty Re: Innovation? Are you Fracking Kidding Me?!?

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:42 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:From the World Health Organization:

Cyanobacteria or blue-green algae occur worldwide especially in calm, nutrient-rich waters. Some species of cyanobacteria produce toxins that affect animals and humans. People may be exposed to cyanobacterial toxins by drinking or bathing in contaminated water. The most frequent and serious health effects are caused by drinking water containing the toxins (cyanobacteria), or by ingestion during recreational water contact.

Not seeing much on thsee dead zones in that article.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:05 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

"Ohh, I'm so fcuking dumb, my one cell brain just can't connect the dots." says Farmer Fcukstik. Here, let me help you.

The major groups of algae are Cyanobacteria, Green Algae, Dinoflagellates, Coccolithophores and Diatom Algae. Increase in input of nitrogen and phosphorus generally causes Cyanobacteria to bloom and this causes Dead Zones.

Cyanobacteria is one of the main causes of the Dead Zone in the Gulf as well as lakes. The toxins also build up in the fish and shellfish causing sickness when eaten.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology)
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:23 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

"Ohh, I'm so fcuking dumb, my one cell brain just can't connect the dots." says Farmer Fcukstik. Here, let me help you.

The major groups of algae are Cyanobacteria, Green Algae, Dinoflagellates, Coccolithophores and Diatom Algae. Increase in input of nitrogen and phosphorus generally causes Cyanobacteria to bloom and this causes Dead Zones.

Cyanobacteria is one of the main causes of the Dead Zone in the Gulf as well as lakes. The toxins also build up in the fish and shellfish causing sickness when eaten.

The article you posted was referring to stock dams, sloughs, small lakes and other closed ended systems with extremely high concentrations of toxins that have accumulated over years.  Nothing like the open ended dynamics of the ocean.  You're simply comparing apples and oranges.   Sorry. 

The only real caveat is in the Great Lakes region where there are some serious steps being taken to alleviate this serious problem.  Split application, slow release fertilizers, and nitrogen fixing products applied to the soil are all being used to reduce nitrogen usage.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:11 am

I have never read a greater piece of Ag propaganda in my life. You sir are full of shiste! These "dead zones" kill everything that swims near them. Excessive fertilizer had been used for decades by the so called stewards of the land. So much so virtually every gallon of shallow groundwater is contaminated beyond ever being drinkable again. Why do you think water is now delivered by rural water systems instead of wells? Atrazine and other pesticides, herbicides are also prevalent throughout the groundwater column. The "stewards" have decimated the ecology "feeding the world". Save your bullcrap for stupid liberals.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:52 am

Darth Cheney wrote:I have never read a greater piece of Ag propaganda in my life. You sir are full of shiste! These "dead zones" kill everything that swims near them. Excessive fertilizer had been used for decades by the so called stewards of the land. So much so virtually every gallon of shallow groundwater is contaminated beyond ever being drinkable again. Why do you think water is now delivered by rural water systems instead of wells? Atrazine and other pesticides, herbicides are also prevalent throughout the groundwater column. The "stewards" have decimated the ecology "feeding the world". Save your bullcrap for stupid liberals.
Oh dear Lord,  where to start...

1. Before you talk about excessive fertilizer use you should study up a little on the law of diminishing returns.  Using excessive fertilizer makes no sense what so ever.  

2. Rural water didn't come into existence because of contaminated groundwater.  It came into existence because wells were too expensive to drill, equip, and maintain.  Not to mention the fact that they were a huge pain in the ass.  A creature comfort, plain and simple.

3. Yes, heavy use of Atrazine was a bad idea.

4. More accurately these dead zones kill anything that can't swim out of them.  As I said though,  it really boils down to geographical issues that we have no control over when considering the dead zone in the Gulf.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to do better though.

5. There are numerous dead zones around the world that are occurring "naturally".  Notice the emphasis on the naturally.  These are due to ever increasing water temperatures and changing weather patterns and ocean currents.  The same people who's word you are taking on the cause of the Gulf dead zone are contributing these things to global warming.  I assume you are in board with fixing this as well?  It is all about the fish after all.  Right?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:I have never read a greater piece of Ag propaganda in my life. You sir are full of shiste! These "dead zones" kill everything that swims near them. Excessive fertilizer had been used for decades by the so called stewards of the land. So much so virtually every gallon of shallow groundwater is contaminated beyond ever being drinkable again. Why do you think water is now delivered by rural water systems instead of wells? Atrazine and other pesticides, herbicides are also prevalent throughout the groundwater column. The "stewards" have decimated the ecology "feeding the world". Save your bullcrap for stupid liberals.

1. Before you talk about excessive fertilizer use you should study up a little on the law of diminishing returns.  Using excessive fertilizer makes no sense what so ever.  Spreading cow/pig crap has been going on forever and is free except to the environment.

2. Rural water didn't come into existence because of contaminated groundwater.  It came into existence because wells were too expensive to drill, equip, and maintain.  Not to mention the fact that they were a huge pain in the ass.  A creature comfort, plain and simple.Really...you are an idiot. Drilling a well is much less expensive than installing miles of pipeline.

3. Yes, heavy use of Atrazine was a bad idea.Thanks stewards of the land!

4. More accurately these dead zones kill anything that can't swim out of them.  As I said though,  it really boils down to geographical issues that we have no control over when considering the dead zone in the Gulf.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to do better though.Without oxygenated water, aquatic life can't survive.

5. There are numerous dead zones around the world that are occurring "naturally".  Notice the emphasis on the naturally.  These are due to ever increasing water temperatures and changing weather patterns and ocean currents.  The same people who's word you are taking on the cause of the Gulf dead zone are contributing these things to global warming.  I assume you are in board with fixing this as well?  It is all about the fish after all.  Right?
Name one genius...
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:12 am

"Man Made" Dead Zones are nothing but propaganda perpetrated by the right wing extremists to try to stifle enterprise & industry and to promote their new world order. They use pseudo-science and fear tactics to create more taxes and control over the masses. Dead Zones were here long before human beings and tractors.

Please save us Mother Earf!!!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:24 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I wonder how much your right wing scientists were paid to come up with those Wikipedia conclusions? How can they explain the Dead Zones that were around before industrial farming and fertilizer usage?

Propaganda at its finest!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:57 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

1. Before you talk about excessive fertilizer use you should study up a little on the law of diminishing returns.  Using excessive fertilizer makes no sense what so ever.  Spreading cow/pig crap has been going on forever and is free except to the environment.

What would you rather see done with this manure?   Or would you rather see no manure at all? Are you a vegetarian? 

2. Rural water didn't come into existence because of contaminated groundwater.  It came into existence because wells were too expensive to drill, equip, and maintain.  Not to mention the fact that they were a huge pain in the ass.  A creature comfort, plain and simple.Really...you are an idiot. Drilling a well is much less expensive than installing miles of pipeline.

Not when there is public money available for that type of municipality. 

3. Yes, heavy use of Atrazine was a bad idea.Thanks stewards of the land!

Did you use paint with lead in your kids' bedrooms?  I hope not because by your standard that would make you a pretty shiitty parent.

4. More accurately these dead zones kill anything that can't swim out of them.  As I said though,  it really boils down to geographical issues that we have no control over when considering the dead zone in the Gulf.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to do better though.Without oxygenated water, aquatic life can't survive.

And?  Hasn't this already been established?

Name one genius...
[size=32]
http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/deadzones/climatechange.jsp[/size]

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2