That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Go down

That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Skeptical on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:00 am



Two hapless criminals picked the wrong place when they held up a McDonald's in France.
Eleven armed members of an elite paramilitary force happened to be eating inside.


The pair allegedly burst into the Ecole-Valentin branch of the fast-food restaurant in the eastern French city of Besancon on Sunday. They fired a shotgun at the ceiling, yelling at the customers inside to get on the floor, the city's prosecutor Edwige Roux-Morizot told CNN.

One of the robbers then stole about 2000 euros ($2,269) from the registers before the men ran away, she said.

Unfortunately for them, among the 40-odd customers grabbing burgers at the time were 11 members of the GIGN (National Gendarmerie Intervention Group), an elite special operations unit of the national gendarme which specializes in counter-terror and hostage situations.

Nine of them, who were wearing plain clothes but carrying weapons, chased the robbers, said Roux-Morizot.

They caught one when he stumbled on stairs.

But the other robber, armed with the shotgun, kept running. At one point he took aim at the crack special forces officers, said the prosecutor.

Big mistake.

The GIGN officers yelled at him to stop and fired warning shots to deter him, she said. But when he took aim again, they responded with a "neutralization shot" to his abdomen.

The suspects -- both of whom were born in 1991 and were known to police -- were then taken to hospital and charged with armed robbery, Roux-Morizot said.

She said the officers had delayed intervening earlier in the robbery because of the threat posed to the customers. None of the staff or customers were injured in the robbery.

No doubt the robbers are ruing their trip to the Golden Arches that day. But, as they say, we're lovin' it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/europe/france-mcdonalds-special-forces-trnd/index.html
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Jammer on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:25 am

Skeptical wrote:

Two hapless criminals picked the wrong place when they held up a McDonald's in France.
Eleven armed members of an elite paramilitary force happened to be eating inside.


The pair allegedly burst into the Ecole-Valentin branch of the fast-food restaurant in the eastern French city of Besancon on Sunday. They fired a shotgun at the ceiling, yelling at the customers inside to get on the floor, the city's prosecutor Edwige Roux-Morizot told CNN.

One of the robbers then stole about 2000 euros ($2,269) from the registers before the men ran away, she said.

Unfortunately for them, among the 40-odd customers grabbing burgers at the time were 11 members of the GIGN (National Gendarmerie Intervention Group), an elite special operations unit of the national gendarme which specializes in counter-terror and hostage situations.

Nine of them, who were wearing plain clothes but carrying weapons, chased the robbers, said Roux-Morizot.

They caught one when he stumbled on stairs.

But the other robber, armed with the shotgun, kept running. At one point he took aim at the crack special forces officers, said the prosecutor.

Big mistake.

The GIGN officers yelled at him to stop and fired warning shots to deter him, she said. But when he took aim again, they responded with a "neutralization shot" to his abdomen.

The suspects -- both of whom were born in 1991 and were known to police -- were then taken to hospital and charged with armed robbery, Roux-Morizot said.

She said the officers had delayed intervening earlier in the robbery because of the threat posed to the customers. None of the staff or customers were injured in the robbery.

No doubt the robbers are ruing their trip to the Golden Arches that day. But, as they say, we're lovin' it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/europe/france-mcdonalds-special-forces-trnd/index.html

I am sorry but I don't believe this story. The place where this occurred is a "gun free" zone and therefore the robbers would never been able to take their guns into the restaurant.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Clicker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:40 am

This sort of outcome for the robbers/attackers is getting to be a bit more commonplace these days. Particularly in places where concealed carry is allowed. More home invasions are being thwarted in the same way, armed citizens protecting their lives and property.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 1220
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Clicker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Unfortunatly incidents like this go unreported. This one probably gave the editors a real case of heartburn because legal pot is something they want to promote but anything involving successful defense of life and property isn't. Probably had to call the WH to see if they could air it.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 1220
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Skeptical wrote:

Two hapless criminals picked the wrong place when they held up a McDonald's in France.
Eleven armed members of an elite paramilitary force happened to be eating inside.


The pair allegedly burst into the Ecole-Valentin branch of the fast-food restaurant in the eastern French city of Besancon on Sunday. They fired a shotgun at the ceiling, yelling at the customers inside to get on the floor, the city's prosecutor Edwige Roux-Morizot told CNN.

One of the robbers then stole about 2000 euros ($2,269) from the registers before the men ran away, she said.

Unfortunately for them, among the 40-odd customers grabbing burgers at the time were 11 members of the GIGN (National Gendarmerie Intervention Group), an elite special operations unit of the national gendarme which specializes in counter-terror and hostage situations.

Nine of them, who were wearing plain clothes but carrying weapons, chased the robbers, said Roux-Morizot.

They caught one when he stumbled on stairs.

But the other robber, armed with the shotgun, kept running. At one point he took aim at the crack special forces officers, said the prosecutor.

Big mistake.

The GIGN officers yelled at him to stop and fired warning shots to deter him, she said. But when he took aim again, they responded with a "neutralization shot" to his abdomen.

The suspects -- both of whom were born in 1991 and were known to police -- were then taken to hospital and charged with armed robbery, Roux-Morizot said.

She said the officers had delayed intervening earlier in the robbery because of the threat posed to the customers. None of the staff or customers were injured in the robbery.

No doubt the robbers are ruing their trip to the Golden Arches that day. But, as they say, we're lovin' it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/europe/france-mcdonalds-special-forces-trnd/index.html

It's interesting that you would bring this story up.

#1 Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.

#2 Notice how the situation was handled by these highly trained individuals. They did nothing. They sat on their hands and let the robbers go about their business, even though shots were fired. They waited until after the robbers had left the store to pursue.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  nightlight88 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:45 pm



#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.




Bullshitte, 'no guns in citizens hands' is the goal of many on the left.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Jammer on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 pm

nightlight88 wrote:

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.




Bullshitte, 'no guns in citizens hands' is the goal of many on the left.

Actually no guns whatsoever is the utopian plan of the liberals.  They want to rid the world of guns just like they did nuclear weapons.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.




Bullshitte, 'no guns in citizens hands' is the goal of many on the left.

Actually no guns whatsoever is the utopian plan of the liberals.  They want to rid the world of guns just like they did nuclear weapons.


Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Shortie's Ex on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.




Bullshitte, 'no guns in citizens hands' is the goal of many on the left.

Actually no guns whatsoever is the utopian plan of the liberals.  They want to rid the world of guns just like they did nuclear weapons.

wwwwwhhhhhaaaaaaattttt?
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1286
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Clicker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.




Bullshitte, 'no guns in citizens hands' is the goal of many on the left.

Actually no guns whatsoever is the utopian plan of the liberals.  They want to rid the world of guns just like they did nuclear weapons.

Nukes are still in the hands of everyone who had them before the SALT treaties and more have been added to the club since then.  The no guns goal is unattainable, all they'll do is keep guns from law abiding citizens and create a feeding smorgasbord of victims for criminals.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 1220
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Jammer on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.




Bullshitte, 'no guns in citizens hands' is the goal of many on the left.

Actually no guns whatsoever is the utopian plan of the liberals.  They want to rid the world of guns just like they did nuclear weapons.

Nukes are still in the hands of everyone who had them before the SALT treaties and more have been added to the club since then.  The no guns goal is unattainable, all they'll do is keep guns from law abiding citizens and create a feeding smorgasbord of victims for criminals.

WOW, you mean the "nuclear free" zone thing didn't work? I thought the liberals said if we got rid of ours then the bad guys would get rid of their nuclear weapons. HUH!!!!
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2703
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:39 pm

Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.

Are you saying that Democrats are the only ones interes in nuclear disarmament?



Bullshitte, 'no guns in citizens hands' is the goal of many on the left.

Actually no guns whatsoever is the utopian plan of the liberals.  They want to rid the world of guns just like they did nuclear weapons.

Nukes are still in the hands of everyone who had them before the SALT treaties and more have been added to the club since then.  The no guns goal is unattainable, all they'll do is keep guns from law abiding citizens and create a feeding smorgasbord of victims for criminals.

WOW, you mean the "nuclear free" zone thing didn't work?  I thought the liberals said if we got rid of ours then the bad guys would get rid of their nuclear weapons.  HUH!!!!

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Skeptical on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:21 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:It's interesting that you would bring this story up.

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.

#2  Notice how the situation was handled by these highly trained individuals.  They did nothing.  They sat on their hands and let the robbers go about their business, even though shots were fired.  They waited until after the robbers had left the store to pursue.

Sorry bubsy but has nothing to do with your #1 or #2 but the mental image of these two bunglers robbing a place full of trained but concealed carry people and found something close to the mental image the story conjured up even though the action did take place outside McDonald's

avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:It's interesting that you would bring this story up.

#1  Having highly trained individuals carry guns has never been an issue.

#2  Notice how the situation was handled by these highly trained individuals.  They did nothing.  They sat on their hands and let the robbers go about their business, even though shots were fired.  They waited until after the robbers had left the store to pursue.

Sorry bubsy but has nothing to do with your #1 or #2 but the mental image of these two bunglers robbing a place full of trained but concealed carry people and found something close to the mental image the story conjured up even though the action did take place outside McDonald's


I find this video to be more enjoyable than that sausage party, but the moral of the McDonalds story is that trained professionals are more apt to think first and shoot later. Also they probably don't get a hard on when thinking about sticking a gun in someone's face.



Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Here's another fun video:





Dr. Evil

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Skeptical on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Bottom line is ... two bad guys decided to try to rob a place full of a bunch of good guys!

These two bunglers just may have gotten away with the loot at another place.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2881
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That'll learn ya, durn ya !

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum