Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's embarrasing

+2
Shortie's Ex
Jammer
6 posters

Go down

It's embarrasing Empty It's embarrasing

Post  Jammer Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Heritage Action has recently updated their legislative scorecard so voters would have the information available for the summer recess.  
Here are the numbers and they really are quite embarrassing.

http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//state/state/sd
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

It's embarrasing Empty Re: It's embarrasing

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:57 am

Lucky for us voters there are options in 2016. Time to vote these rascals out. Noem. Gone. Thune. Done.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:58 am

And what were you dumbasses thinkng with Rounds ?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:38 am

It could be worse ... compare the link Jammer provided: http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//state/state/sd

to rankings here: http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//members#

While the three from SD aren't at the top of the charts, the lowest from SD is still 10% points higher than the highest person with a "D" behind their name.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:05 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:Lucky for us voters there are options in 2016.  Time to vote these rascals out.  Noem.  Gone.  Thune.  Done.

Could the SD Dimocrats have picked any worse candidates than Hawks and Williams?
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:07 am

Skeptical wrote:

It could be worse ... compare the link Jammer provided: http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//state/state/sd

to rankings here: http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//members#

While the three from SD aren't at the top of the charts, the lowest from SD is still 10% points higher than the highest person with a "D" behind their name.  

I have trouble accepting but can UNDERSTAND ratings in the 50% - 60% range for Republicans who come from states like Massachusetts.  However, anything below 90% is disappointing and below 80% is UNACCEPTABLE from conservative areas of the country.

It is not the politicians fault, it is the VOTERS fault.  Constant pressure needs to be applied at town hall meetings, with phone calls, letters and e-mails.  And most importantly the pressure needs to be applied at PRIMARY time.  We need to be finding and working for TRUE conservative candidates.

Two things that conservatives should not do is to complain about the POLITICIAN or sit on the sidelines.  We need to "look in the mirror" as we will see two things.  The first is who is to blame for these dumbasses we send to Washington DC and Pierre and the second is the answer to how we fix this problem.

IT IS TIME TO STOP COMPLAINING AND GET TO WORK
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:36 am

Why not primary Noem and Thune ?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:57 am

I never heard of Heritage Action before this post. I'd be interested in learning what criteria is used to determine the ratings. None of the SD Congressional Representatives strike me as leaning Democrat in their thinking. I appreciate the websites concern for getting conservative Reps in office but giving their own parties duly elected reps bad ratings because they don't kowtow to to the hyper rights is self destructive. You wanna see self destructive? Watch the rant by Cruz this morning. That's bomb vest desperation if I ever saw it.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Clicker wrote:I never heard of Heritage Action before this post.  I'd be interested in learning what criteria is used to determine the ratings.  None of the SD Congressional Representatives strike me as leaning Democrat in their thinking.  I appreciate the websites concern for getting conservative Reps in office but giving their own parties duly elected reps bad ratings because they don't kowtow to to the hyper rights is self destructive.  You wanna see self destructive?  Watch the rant by Cruz this morning.  That's bomb vest  desperation if I ever saw it.

Heritage Action is the advocacy arm of the Heritage Foundation.  Former US Senator Jim DeMint is the CEO of the Heritage Foundation.

You can click on each member of Congress to see how they voted on the various issues.  Here is the link for Senator Rounds.

http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com/members/member/R000605

If you scroll down the list you will see all the bills scored and where Rounds voted inline or against the Heritage Action position.  Heritage Action follows conservative principles on all issues when it comes to determining their advocacy for or against a position.  In all the years that I have followed Heritage, I have only had one major area of heartburn with them and that was over their solution to fix Social Security.  I am 100% convinced that their position is not inline with conservative principles and while they responded to my concerns numerous times, to the best of my knowledge they never changed their position.  However, I gave up checking over a year ago.

Regardless of that personal concern, I find Heritage to be quite consistent and inline with conservative principles.

You can do the same for Thune and Noem to see which pieces of legislation they were at odds with versus Heritage.  While there are many issues for these 3 politicians, it really is disappointing to see how many spending issues they are out of line on.  Just my opinion, but I don't think we can sustain much more national debt.  Once that bubble breaks, there is no going back - America will be gone.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Jammer wrote:Heritage Action has recently updated their legislative scorecard so voters would have the information available for the summer recess.  
Here are the numbers and they really are quite embarrassing.

http://www.heritageactionscorecard.com//state/state/sd

This state's representatives that call themselves republicans are a total and complete embarrassment. We should do better SD.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Clicker wrote:I never heard of Heritage Action before this post.  I'd be interested in learning what criteria is used to determine the ratings.  None of the SD Congressional Representatives strike me as leaning Democrat in their thinking.  I appreciate the websites concern for getting conservative Reps in office but giving their own parties duly elected reps bad ratings because they don't kowtow to to the hyper rights is self destructive.  You wanna see self destructive?  Watch the rant by Cruz this morning.  That's bomb vest  desperation if I ever saw it.

Hey Clicker, since you were not familiar with Heritage I have copied and pasted Jim DeMint's letter that he sends out to members.  It is nothing special but it does give you and idea on where these guys are coming from.
------------------------------------------------

This has been an important week in our nation.  Republicans met in Cleveland and chose Donald Trump to be the party’s nominee. Next week, Democrats are expected to nominate Hillary Clinton as their nominee.

Because of this and the upcoming election in November I wanted to share with you some thoughts on leadership and the founding principles of this nation.

First, it’s critical that lawmakers remember that we are a nation of laws, not of men. Starting with the Constitution, our laws exist to defend the natural rights we have inherently as human beings. Without natural rights and natural law, we have nothing.  Read my explanation below.

Second, it’s the role of our elected officials to advance those principles. But too often, lawmakers measure themselves on sheer volume of activity, as if the number of laws passed is a good yardstick. My colleague James Wallner goes into more detail in the second item below.

Lastly, the next administration will need the very best ideas—rooted in conservative principles—if they’re to turn America around. Heritage's Blueprint for Reform offers a detailed plan to do just that. The final item includes a great news article about our plan and what it aims to do.

Thank you for your continued support.  And please comment on the stories below. I always look forward to your input.

Jim DeMint

The article mentioned in the letter:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/07/18/gop-leadership-claims-the-senate-is-working-heres-how-the-numbers-really-add-up/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTXpjek1EWXlOemt4WWpaaiIsInQiOiJQZmMrQXRXRW9Tb0prcE0rbWNwdDVYaVlXMmtkS1A4VlQ5dHVjUFwvTHVpM1cwYTdmWGVUYWNiQ1wvbTh1M1FOYmF6RjFnNVdUYlJ0ejNJYWhVc3FCd2wzKzkzVGo2VVdoQlJXXC9WT2pKRTR4RT0ifQ%3D%3D
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum