Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harney Peak Renamed

5 posters

Go down

Harney Peak Renamed Empty Harney Peak Renamed

Post  nightlight88 Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:44 am

Another example of PC police doing their worst.

It will always be Harney Peak to me and I will do my best to keep generations behind me remembering that it is HARNEY PEAK.

Indians would be better solving their alcoholism and unemployment problems.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Harney Peak Renamed Empty Re: Harney Peak Renamed

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:10 am

nightlight88 wrote:Another example of PC police doing their worst.

It will always be Harney Peak to me and I will do my best to keep generations behind me remembering that it is HARNEY PEAK.

Indians would be better solving their alcoholism and unemployment problems.

I agree. I find it ironic that the Feds ignored local input and implemented the change regardless. Also the story of Black Elk itself is fraught with historical myth making as historians have questioned the accuracy of John Neihardt's account in his book "Black Elk Speaks". Neihardt has been accused of exaggerations and alterations to make the story more palatable to white and European markets. Comme ci comme ça.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:10 pm

I say we rename every wastewater treatment plant in South Dakota to the Barack Hussein Obama Accomplishment Center...who will give me a hurrump?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:I say we rename every wastewater treatment plant in South Dakota to the Barack Hussein Obama Accomplishment Center...who will give me a hurrump?

Hurrump and two Here Here's.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:36 am

Sooooo, what'd it get named?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:19 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Sooooo, what'd it get named?

Black Elk Peak...doesn't your Soros website deal with National events besides black lives don't matter?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Does General Harney have more right to have his name attached to the mountain than Black Elk does?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Does General Harney have more right to have his name attached to the mountain than Black Elk does?

Let's change its name every day then...I mean is one person more deserving than another?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:25 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Does General Harney have more right to have his name attached to the mountain than Black Elk does?

I have an idea, lets change your home address to Sodomy Central. It fits more than what you have listed now.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:47 am

There is no relevance to Harney in the rock that bears his name. It does however have great significance to Black Elk and his people. And let's not forget that Harney himself was maybe not necessarily what some would call a good man, or someone who we should commemorate in this way. He did after all whip to death a black woman for misplacing his keys. Maybe it's time we start rethinking and reassessing our past and who we put up on a pedestal, or mountain in this case.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:There is no relevance to Harney in the rock that bears his name.  It does however have great significance to Black Elk and his people.  And let's not forget that Harney himself was maybe not necessarily what some would call a good man, or someone who we should commemorate in this way.  He did after all whip to death a black woman for misplacing his keys.  Maybe it's time we start rethinking and reassessing our past and who we put up on a pedestal,  or mountain in this case.

Au contraire, mon Fcukstik. General Harney was military commander of the Northern Plains Military Command from 1854-1858 and wintered in Ft Pierre during the 1855-1856 Sioux Expedition after marching from Ft Laramie through SW South Dakota. So the commemorative naming in 1855 of Harney Peak is relevant.

The degree of "goodness" of a man has nothing to do with the guidelines as set forth by the USGS naming conventions. Again one has to wonder why there is isn't a clamor among the Lakota for renaming Custer Peak, Terry Peak, Sheridan Lake, Crooks Tower, Sioux Falls, Sioux City and the Big and Little Sioux Rivers as well since those names are just as if not more derogatory than William Harney's name.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:There is no relevance to Harney in the rock that bears his name.  It does however have great significance to Black Elk and his people.  And let's not forget that Harney himself was maybe not necessarily what some would call a good man, or someone who we should commemorate in this way.  He did after all whip to death a black woman for misplacing his keys.  Maybe it's time we start rethinking and reassessing our past and who we put up on a pedestal,  or mountain in this case.

Au contraire, mon Fcukstik. General Harney was military commander of the Northern Plains Military Command from 1854-1858 and wintered in Ft Pierre during the 1855-1856 Sioux Expedition after marching from Ft Laramie through SW South Dakota. So the commemorative naming in 1855 of Harney Peak is relevant.

Relevant to what??? Has he ever even seen that mountain?!?

The degree of "goodness" of a man has nothing to do with the guidelines as set forth by the USGS naming conventions. Again one has to wonder why there is isn't a clamor among the Lakota for renaming Custer Peak, Terry Peak, Sheridan Lake, Crooks Tower, Sioux Falls, Sioux City and the Big and Little Sioux Rivers as well since those names are just as if not more derogatory than William Harney's name.

Who said anything about derogatory? He murdered someone over misplaced keys. Hardly someone I'd celebrate.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Relevant to what???  Has he ever even seen that mountain?!?

Who said anything about derogatory?  He murdered someone over misplaced keys.  Hardly someone I'd celebrate.

Why should it matter if Harney saw the mountain named after him? The commemorative naming came from 2nd Lt Gouverneur Morris, a military cartographer and topographical engineer, who mapped the Black Hills in 1857 and honored his former commander on the 1855 Sioux expedition for his military service to his country.

The argument for renaming Harney Peak is for Harney's actions at the Battle of Ash Hollow where 86 Sioux (including some women and children) were killed. This is what complainants Myron Pourier, a great-great-grandson of Black Elk, and Basil Brave Heart found "derogatory" not a murder where Harney was found not guilty by a jury.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Who said anything about derogatory?  He murdered someone over misplaced keys.  Hardly someone I'd celebrate.

Why should it matter if Harney saw the mountain named after him? The commemorative naming came from 2nd Lt Gouverneur Morris, a military cartographer and topographical engineer, who mapped the Black Hills in 1857 and honored his former commander on the 1855 Sioux expedition for his military service to his country.

The argument for renaming Harney Peak is for Harney's actions at the Battle of Ash Hollow where 86 Sioux (including some women and children) were killed. This is what complainants Myron Pourier, a great-great-grandson of Black Elk, and Basil Brave Heart found "derogatory" not a murder where Harney was found not guilty by a jury.

There you go, add modern day war criminal to the list and it makes you wonder how his name ended up on that rock for as long as it did.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:33 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

There you go, add modern day war criminal to the list and it makes you wonder how his name ended up on that rock for as long as it did.

Like the liberals won't name numerous schools after the POS currently occupying the White House.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Like the liberals won't name numerous schools after the POS currently occupying the White House.

Why wouldn't you? Harney Peak Renamed 3584648792

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Why don’t we rename it Jackson Peak?  Oh wait a minute, I just found something about him and maybe that is not a good idea.

President Andrew Jackson was responsible for the Indian Removal Act of 1830 that authorized the transfer of Eastern Indian tribes to the western territories. The actual relocation culminated in the 1838 "Trail of Tears" forced march.  Most historians recognize this as the most shameful occurrences in the history of federal policy regarding Native Americans.  So there might be a little pushback on that idea.

Perhaps “Manifest Destiny Peak” might be a compromise?  But if not, then why don’t we rename it Burnett Peak?  Oh wait a minute, I just found something about him and maybe that is not a good idea either.

In 1850 under the direction of Governor Peter Burnett, California passed the “Act for the Government and Protection of Indians” that addressed the punishment and protection of Native Americans, and helped to facilitate the removal of their culture and land. It also legalized slavery and was referenced for the buying and selling of Native children.  I guess that turned out real bad for Native Americans so once again maybe not a good choice.  Governor Burnett was a little hostile when you listen to his words.

Governor Peter H. Burnett wrote:“A war of extermination will continue to be waged between the two races until the Indian race becomes extinct.”
– California Governor Peter H. Burnett, 1851  

I am sure this new information will give my opposition ammunition to ague against Burnett Peak, but my counter argument will be that Burnett was racist against blacks, Chinese and all other minorities.  So stop it with the chant that Burnett hated Native Americans, he hated all minorities.

But OK let’s move on, how about renaming it Cleveland Peak?  Oh wait a minute, I just found something about him and maybe that is not a good idea.

I was just informed that Grover Cleveland was responsible for the Indians Appropriation Act of 1889 which officially opened Indian lands to white settlers.  I have heard rumors that turned out a little negative for Native Americans.

WOW, that is a string of bad luck for me.  I wonder what the problem is?  Could it be that the thread of commonality that runs thru that list of names is that they are all LIBERAL DEMOCRATS?   HUH, who would have guessed?

LIBERALS ARE EVIL PEOPLE

OK, how about a different angle?  Why don’t we look at the conservative side of the ledger.  How about we rename it Coolidge Peak?

Let’s see, President Coolidge was responsible for the Indian Citizenship Act of 1921 that opened up US citizenship to all Native Americans.  I have been told that was a good thing.  And it appears that he loved the Black Hills and spent time there on vacations and certainly seen the mountain.  HUH – I am going with Coolidge Peak and that is what it will always be for me.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/lifestyles/local/white-house-in-the-black-hills-coolidge-brought-national-spotlight/article_525d2c82-23c7-5468-a447-cd98c47ee8d6.html

https://coolidgefoundation.org/blog/every-native-american-a-citizen/

I imagine there will be detractors to this great idea and will lead an effort to change the name from Coolidge Peak to Leading Eagle Peak, but hey I could live with that too.

It seems the Native Americans really like Coolidge:  

In 1927 he was formally thanked by the Sioux Tribe of South Dakota, which made him an honorary tribal member with the Indian name “Chief Leading Eagle.”

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/chief-leading-eagle/query/Calvin+Coolidge

For anyone who is not aware of it:

CALVIN COOLIDGE WAS A VERY CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:14 am

There can be no denial by the scumbag repressive liberals; the real America heroes are all conservatives. While Democrats have called for slavery, Indian removal, forced sterilization, and fascism, Republicans have always stood for human dignity, individual rights, limited government, and true equality under the law.

REPRESSIVE LIBERALS ARE EVIL

Conservatives should take every opportunity to run these evil cretins out of their neighborhoods.  Let these scumbags live amongst themselves in Massachusetts or some other liberal cesspool.  Leave the rest of America for true patriotic Americans.  There is no place in a civil society for repressive liberals.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Jammer wrote:There can be no denial by the scumbag repressive liberals; the real America heroes are all conservatives. While Democrats have called for slavery, Indian removal, forced sterilization, and fascism, Republicans have always stood for human dignity, individual rights, limited government, and true equality under the law.

Conservatives should take every opportunity to run these evil cretins out of their neighborhoods.  Let these scumbags live amongst themselves in Massachusetts or some other liberal cesspool.  Leave the rest of America for true patriotic Americans.  There is no place in a civil society for repressive liberals.

You could add the creation of Planned Parenthood to eliminate black babies and reduce the Negros in our society. Look it up libs if you don't believe me or able to study history.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:There can be no denial by the scumbag repressive liberals; the real America heroes are all conservatives. While Democrats have called for slavery, Indian removal, forced sterilization, and fascism, Republicans have always stood for human dignity, individual rights, limited government, and true equality under the law.

You could add the creation of Planned Parenthood to eliminate black babies and reduce the Negros in our society. Look it up libs if you don't believe me or able to study history.

I know, lets name it Sanger Peak. After all, the millions of unborns sacrificed on the altar of abortion should be named as a lasting legacy to Maggie baby. We could take down the present structure and build a replica of a giant curette.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum