Sweet & Sour Brisket

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sweet & Sour Brisket

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:34 pm

I may have posted this before, but next to smoking this is best way to cook brisket. I cooked some egg noodles for a side just to sop up the sauce. This is so good you want to lick the plate clean. Amazing

Here's a link to the recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/sweet-and-sour-brisket-recipe.html
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sweet & Sour Brisket

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:11 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:I may have posted this before, but next to smoking this is best way to cook brisket. I cooked some egg noodles for a side just to sop up the sauce. This is so good you want to lick the plate clean. Amazing

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/sweet-and-sour-brisket-recipe.html

Brisket used to be fairly inexpensive and now...WTH happened? Last I saw at Sam's they wanted $ 4.99/lb for a whole brisket. I lose 1/2 the weight smoking one low and slow so now its cheaper to eat NY Strip steak. I wish you damn peace/love hippies would start eating crap I don't care like tofu. Make your tofo turkey and wash it down with your two buck chuck and get the hell off my lawn!!!!
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:22 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:I may have posted this before, but next to smoking this is best way to cook brisket. I cooked some egg noodles for a side just to sop up the sauce. This is so good you want to lick the plate clean. Amazing

Brisket used to be fairly inexpensive and now...WTH happened? Last I saw at Sam's they wanted $ 4.99/lb for a whole brisket. I lose 1/2 the weight smoking one low and slow so now its cheaper to eat NY Strip steak. I wish you damn peace/love hippies would start eating crap I don't care like tofu. Make your tofo turkey and wash it down with your two buck chuck and get the hell off my lawn!!!!

The crazy thing is that beef has dropped like a rock over the last 12-18 months. Good to see that there's plenty of other people not bashful about keeping prices jacked up.
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:47 am

Pork ribs, chicken wings, brisket, Boston butt used to all be inexpensive cuts of meat because they were hard to market and of poor quality. Enter BBQ who discovered cooking low and slow can turn many of these meats into delectable morsels from Heaven. Many of these same pieces (wings especially) now demand higher prices than the choice cuts thanks to Famous Dave's, Buffalo Wild wings, and every red neck bar in the land. I'll eat my NY strip thank you...now get the hell off my lawn punk!
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 am

Darth Cheney wrote:

Yes, because peace/love hippies are generally big meat eaters. Rolling Eyes I'd be checking with the snifter sniffing elitists. Suspect
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:07 am

Darth Cheney wrote:

Speaking of NY Strip, have you ever smoked steaks? I've read a couple of articles on it but have never tried it.
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Speaking of NY Strip, have you ever smoked steaks? I've read a couple of articles on it but have never tried it.

I've tried but can never get an end lit and trying to draw through meat is a beotch!

Rule of thumb:
Meat full of fat, sinew, and tough muscle - low and slow to fairly high meat temps before everything breaks down and turns into flavor town.

Lean meat with little fat - fast high, searing temps to fairly low meat temps or eat raw. I often "hot tub" my meat, place vacuum bag in 100 degree water for 1 hour prior to cooking, then high temp grill. You help eliminate the well done outer layer to raw center and get a more continuous level of done-ness. If done correctly you can actually taste the murder.....

I don't know what the heck you do with tofu...
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:02 pm

I don't know what would possess anyone to smoke a steak. Overall composition of a steak doesn't necessitate anything like that. Maybe a consideration on a round steak? As far as thawing, my preferred method is on the countertop to room temperature, although I'm a medium rare kinda guy so room temp is not imperative. To speed up the process I may microwave it completely frozen to take the edge off, but the best method for me is to start hitting it right away with salt while it's frozen. Much like your sidewalk it penetrates the ice nicely.

In regard to tofu.... I'm not a fan myself, but hats off to those who eat it. They will likely far outlive me.
Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

I have heard of throwing an onion on the coals when you are cooking imparts a flavor...sounds like a waste of onion to me.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top