That Short Straw Was Really Short

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Google~ Who doesn't pay taxes, in eight charts-Washington Post

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Skeptical on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:56 pm


One way to decrease the % of and/ or # of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes is to tax any and all welfare payments or subsidies as income and end the EITC for all people.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2802
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:


Stoopid paywall won't let me. Besides, who reads the Washington Post anyways? Fcukstik does by the looks of it. Of course comprehension of the subject matter is the real question one should ask about Fcukstik. affraid

Paywall?  BS.  I don't subscribe.  Try it again.

Fcuk U you brainless cow flop. When I say I'm hitting a paywall, I'm hitting a paywall. Go fcuk yourself since your wife gave up a long time ago. Siht for brains.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:06 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Google~ Who doesn't pay taxes, in eight charts-Washington Post

Nope, still the fcuking paywall. But I obviously love great journalism and I will reap incredible savings with the WaPo national digital edition and I'll never miss a single story again. WaPo sucks anyways. I hardly ever read the rag when I had a 6 month free subscription on my Kindle and I certainly wouldn't pay for the privilege now.

Anyhoo, it appears Hawks has scraped together enough coin from selling her aluminum cans, searching the couch, the car seats and the bottom of her purse to make a small media buy and touts how she'll never, ever, ever leave the Ag Committee like that beotch Kristi did. Because in Hawks diminished reasoning a Ways and Means seat don't count for jack. Damn girl, you fcuked up when you quit teaching 8th grade science.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:


Stoopid paywall won't let me. Besides, who reads the Washington Post anyways? Fcukstik does by the looks of it. Of course comprehension of the subject matter is the real question one should ask about Fcukstik. affraid

Paywall?  BS.  I don't subscribe.  Try it again.

Fcuk U you brainless cow flop. When I say I'm hitting a paywall, I'm hitting a paywall. Go fcuk yourself since your wife gave up a long time ago. Siht for brains.



Progressive Web App BETA
Politics
Opinions
Sports
Local
National
World
Business
Tech
Lifestyle
Entertainment
Video
Photography
Washington Post Live
Live Chats
Real Estate
Cars
Jobs
WP BrandConnect
Classifieds
Partners
washingtonpost.com
©️ 1996-2016 The Washington Post
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
Submissions and Discussion Policy
RSS Terms of Service
Ad Choices

Wonkblog

Who doesn’t pay taxes, in eight charts

By Brad Plumer
September 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM

A leaked fundraising video caused a stir Monday when it showed Mitt Romney taking a rather caustic view of Obama supporters.

In particular, Romney bemoaned the fact that nearly half the country doesn't pay federal income taxes: "These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. … [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

So why don't many Americans pay income taxes? And what taxes do they pay? Let's try to do a comprehensive breakdown in — yes — charts:

1) About 46.4 percent of U.S. households didn't pay federal income taxes in 2011. Mitt Romney's right about that.


(Tax Policy Center)
2) That number is abnormally high right now in part due to the recession and slow recovery. When people lose their jobs or see their paychecks drop, they tend to pay fewer income taxes as well. (That's why the budget deficit tends to increase in a bad economy.) Additionally, Congress has passed a slew of tax cuts as part of its stimulus efforts. So that's skewed the number of nonpayers. When the economy's at full employment, as it was in 2007, it's usually only about 40 percent of U.S. households that aren't paying income taxes:


(Center on Budget and Policy Priorities)
3) The vast majority of households that don't pay federal income taxes are either elderly or paying payroll taxes. As you can see below, 60 percent of those who don't pay income tax are still working and paying taxes for Social Security and Medicare. Their tax liability is just too low to qualify for the income tax. Another 22 percent of non-payers are retirees.

Only about 7.9 percent of households are not paying any federal taxes at all. That's usually because they're either unemployed or on disability or students or are very poor.

4) Many low-income workers don't pay federal income taxes thanks, in part, to a series of tax cuts endorsed by Republicans over the years. The graph below from the Tax Policy Center shows why so many workers who do earn income don't have to pay the income tax. They're exempt under various provisions of the tax code.

For instance, most (though not all) elderly households are excluded from paying taxes on their Social Security benefits. And low-income workers with children can qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. As Keith Hennessey explains, the latter was a major GOP initiative during the 1990s and 2000s, and conservatives used to tout them as vital poverty-reduction measures:

5) The number of people who don't pay federal income taxes tends to jump every time there's a big tax cut bill, as after the 1986 tax reform or the 2001 Bush tax cuts. There's a reason why George W. Bush was boasting, in 2004, about moving 5 million taxpayers "off the rolls." He didn't think he was creating an army of Obama voters. He thought it was good policy:


(Heritage)
6) About 30 percent of workers had a negative income tax in 2011, thanks to the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which gives them a big refund. But these beneficiaries tend to leave the program fairly quickly. Many low-income workers actually receive extra money through the tax code, thanks to the EITC. Again, this is an anti-poverty program long supported by Republicans.

What research has shown, however, is that most EITC recipients only get the credit for two consecutive years or less. Many of them soon move up the income ladder and start paying taxes back into the system. One paper found that, over their lifetime, these EITC recipients pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits:

7) Over their full lifetime, the vast majority of workers end up paying income taxes and federal taxes. As this graph from the Hamilton project shows, it's mainly the very young and the very old who aren't paying income taxes. The vast majority of workers pay income taxes during their prime years, and an even higher percentage of Americans pay into Medicare and Social Security throughout their lives:

Cool Federal taxes are just part of the picture. Most Americans also pay state and local taxes, such as sales taxes. These tend to be more regressive and hit lower-income groups harder. Here's what the system looks like when you add up all taxes:

(Citizens for Tax Justice)


Help and Contact Us
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
Print Products Terms of Sale
Digital Products Terms of Sale
Submissions and Discussion Policy
RSS Terms of Service
Ad Choices
©️ 1996-2016 The Washington Post

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:08 pm

I got your paywall hanging.....

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:20 pm



Great illustration of the issue being nonpartisan.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:29 pm



Another inconvenient truth.


Last edited by Dr. Jones on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:38 pm



As you can see, there is more to the story and the elderly are a big part of the "problem".

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:26 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:Makes you wonder who has the largest Jackie Robinson model baseball bat doesn't it?

I feel pity for her bat...

How about the elderly (retirees) that don't pay taxes?  Do you feel pitty for them?

If your asking me whether everyone earning income should pay taxes regardless of their race, income level, or age the answer is yes. Furthermore everyone should pay the same tax rate as a percentage of their income. The problem the liberals have created is nearly half of this country living off the government, paying nothing into the system, and constantly demand the "rich" pay more so they can live better. We are heading for a complete economic collapse with 20 trillion in debt and 120 trillion in unfunded liabilities. I know you are not intelligent enough to understand what I wrote so just grunt a few times.

Half of the people you are referring to are the elderly, again, what do you have to say about them?  They are after all included in the infamous 47% figure that is often quoted by conservatives.

You should seriously the article I linked. Judging from your posts you are severely misinformed.

So the most intelligent response you can muster is 1/2 of the country are elderly? You have got to be one of the dumbest people I have ever known and I have met some real idiots in my day.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3439
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Jammer on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

As you can see,  there is more to the story and the elderly are a big part of the "problem".

That is what you get when you try to have a discussion with a repressive socialist useful idiot.

Outright LIES
Misrepresentations
Distortions
Deceptions
Facts that are not relevant to the issue
Pure Bullshit


The only thing that I can think of which would be more disgusting than having a discussion with Jackoff Jones is watching Sleazy Slut spread her thighs.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2444
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:36 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:Makes you wonder who has the largest Jackie Robinson model baseball bat doesn't it?

I feel pity for her bat...

How about the elderly (retirees) that don't pay taxes?  Do you feel pitty for them?

If your asking me whether everyone earning income should pay taxes regardless of their race, income level, or age the answer is yes. Furthermore everyone should pay the same tax rate as a percentage of their income. The problem the liberals have created is nearly half of this country living off the government, paying nothing into the system, and constantly demand the "rich" pay more so they can live better. We are heading for a complete economic collapse with 20 trillion in debt and 120 trillion in unfunded liabilities. I know you are not intelligent enough to understand what I wrote so just grunt a few times.

Half of the people you are referring to are the elderly, again, what do you have to say about them?  They are after all included in the infamous 47% figure that is often quoted by conservatives.

You should seriously the article I linked.  Judging from your posts you are severely misinformed.

So the most intelligent response you can muster is 1/2 of the country are elderly? You have got to be one of the dumbest people I have ever known and I have met some real idiots in my day.

Learn to read shiste-for-brains.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Jammer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:13 am

Dr. Jones wrote:

As you can see,  there is more to the story and the elderly are a big part of the "problem".


I hope everyone sees thru the cloud of deception this piece of dogshit spreads with his every comment.  He is the classical paid useful idiot of the repressive socialist left in this country.  He is an EVIL CRETIN and is an enemy of our Republic and your personal liberty.

Begin with the source he uses.  It is right out of the George Soros funded website the useful idiots use for their talking points.  The Hamilton Project is right up there with Fact Check.org and PolitiFact.   It is a creation of far left extremists who are solely focused on turning our country into a third world socialist cesspool.  That alone identifies this piece of dogshit as a paid operative of the repressive socialists.

Then dig into what is said on the slide.  The first thing they try to do is deceive the people reading the material.  They throw in the blue line for one reason only and that is pure deception.  The blue line has NO bearing whatsoever on the issue, but there it is.  It is how these scumbags operate.  They try to take your eye of the real problem.

Another key data point is that it is a measure of people who CANNOT be claimed as dependents by somebody else.  That is a very important point as these should be the WORKERS, the PRODUCERS that drive our economy in this country.  They are not children in school, the elderly or even the spouses who have decided to be stay at home parents.

Take a look at the age range from 25 – 45.  These should be our most able and productive people in our society.  What do you see?  You see that OVER 30% of what should be our most productive people do not pay a PENNY in federal income taxes.  This is a SIN, a complete travesty.  But it is exactly what the repressive socialists want; well they would prefer it to be a little higher percentage so they could be assured of winning EVERY election.

That is the REAL story of what is in the data.  However, that is not the story that the repressive socialists and their useful idiots paint.  They used this data to demean Mit Romney 4 years ago when he was running for President and made his 47% comment.  I guess the George Soros website still has this posted for their useful idiots to use and that is where Jackoff Jones found it when he dutifully went for his talking points.

JACKOFF JONES IS A LYING SACK OF DOGSHIT
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2444
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:17 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:Makes you wonder who has the largest Jackie Robinson model baseball bat doesn't it?

I feel pity for her bat...

How about the elderly (retirees) that don't pay taxes?  Do you feel pitty for them?

If your asking me whether everyone earning income should pay taxes regardless of their race, income level, or age the answer is yes. Furthermore everyone should pay the same tax rate as a percentage of their income. The problem the liberals have created is nearly half of this country living off the government, paying nothing into the system, and constantly demand the "rich" pay more so they can live better. We are heading for a complete economic collapse with 20 trillion in debt and 120 trillion in unfunded liabilities. I know you are not intelligent enough to understand what I wrote so just grunt a few times.

Half of the people you are referring to are the elderly, again, what do you have to say about them?  They are after all included in the infamous 47% figure that is often quoted by conservatives.

You should seriously the article I linked.  Judging from your posts you are severely misinformed.

So the most intelligent response you can muster is 1/2 of the country are elderly? You have got to be one of the dumbest people I have ever known and I have met some real idiots in my day.

Slightly less than 15% of the US population is age 62 and greater.  [You're welcome].  

I am certain Gomezz can help you with rudimentary internet research skills so that you can find this information yourself.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1170
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:25 am

Jammer wrote:

I hope everyone sees thru the cloud of deception this piece of dogshit spreads with his every comment.  He is the classical paid useful idiot of the repressive socialist left in this country.  He is an EVIL CRETIN and is an enemy of our Republic and your personal liberty.

Begin with the source he uses.  It is right out of the George Soros funded website the useful idiots use for their talking points.  The Hamilton Project is right up there with Fact Check.org and PolitiFact.   It is a creation of far left extremists who are solely focused on turning our country into a third world socialist cesspool.  That alone identifies this piece of dogshit as a paid operative of the repressive socialists.

Then dig into what is said on the slide.  The first thing they try to do is deceive the people reading the material.  They throw in the blue line for one reason only and that is pure deception.  The blue line has NO bearing whatsoever on the issue, but there it is.  It is how these scumbags operate.  They try to take your eye of the real problem.

Another key data point is that it is a measure of people who CANNOT be claimed as dependents by somebody else.  That is a very important point as these should be the WORKERS, the PRODUCERS that drive our economy in this country.  They are not children in school, the elderly or even the spouses who have decided to be stay at home parents.

Take a look at the age range from 25 – 45.  These should be our most able and productive people in our society.  What do you see?  You see that OVER 30% of what should be our most productive people do not pay a PENNY in federal income taxes.  This is a SIN, a complete travesty.  But it is exactly what the repressive socialists want; well they would prefer it to be a little higher percentage so they could be assured of winning EVERY election.

That is the REAL story of what is in the data.  However, that is not the story that the repressive socialists and their useful idiots paint.  They used this data to demean Mit Romney 4 years ago when he was running for President and made his 47% comment.  I guess the George Soros website still has this posted for their useful idiots to use and that is where Jackoff Jones found it when he dutifully went for his talking points.

JACKOFF JONES IS A LYING SACK OF DOGSHIT

LOL. Is Dr Jones a freeloader (as you have accused in other posts) ? Or a paid operative as you assert in this wide-ranging rant ?
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1170
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:32 am

Jammer wrote:

I hope everyone sees thru the cloud of deception this piece of dogshit spreads with his every comment.  He is the classical paid useful idiot of the repressive socialist left in this country.  He is an EVIL CRETIN and is an enemy of our Republic and your personal liberty.

Begin with the source he uses.  It is right out of the George Soros funded website the useful idiots use for their talking points.  The Hamilton Project is right up there with Fact Check.org and PolitiFact.   It is a creation of far left extremists who are solely focused on turning our country into a third world socialist cesspool.  That alone identifies this piece of dogshit as a paid operative of the repressive socialists.

Then dig into what is said on the slide.  The first thing they try to do is deceive the people reading the material.  They throw in the blue line for one reason only and that is pure deception.  The blue line has NO bearing whatsoever on the issue, but there it is.  It is how these scumbags operate.  They try to take your eye of the real problem.

Another key data point is that it is a measure of people who CANNOT be claimed as dependents by somebody else.  That is a very important point as these should be the WORKERS, the PRODUCERS that drive our economy in this country.  They are not children in school, the elderly or even the spouses who have decided to be stay at home parents.

Take a look at the age range from 25 – 45.  These should be our most able and productive people in our society.  What do you see?  You see that OVER 30% of what should be our most productive people do not pay a PENNY in federal income taxes.  This is a SIN, a complete travesty.  But it is exactly what the repressive socialists want; well they would prefer it to be a little higher percentage so they could be assured of winning EVERY election.

That is the REAL story of what is in the data.  However, that is not the story that the repressive socialists and their useful idiots paint.  They used this data to demean Mit Romney 4 years ago when he was running for President and made his 47% comment.  I guess the George Soros website still has this posted for their useful idiots to use and that is where Jackoff Jones found it when he dutifully went for his talking points.

JACKOFF JONES IS A LYING SACK OF DOGSHIT

I would think a guy your age would be very interested in the implication of the blue line. It is the proportion of people investing into our country with income tax revenue and investing in their own future with payroll FICA taxes ... while you collect (or prepare to collect) on your investment into this system.

Are you an AARP member ? They could help you understand this blue line better.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1170
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:41 am

Dr. Jones wrote:

As you can see,  there is more to the story and the elderly are a big part of the "problem".

Just a couple of problems with your chart.

1) It only accounts for those tax returns which are positive. However with enough personal exemptions, dependent deductions, standard deductions, child care credits, education credits, earned income tax credits, and on and on you could easily have a negative tax return. Most of those deductions/tax credits aren't available to the elderly since they no longer have children.

2) Most retirees do pay income tax albeit not on earned income. Deferred taxes on IRAs, 401Ks, ESOPs, pensions, stock options, investments are all sources of income for retirees. This chart doesn't account for "non-filers", who comprise a disproportionate number of retirees thus distorting the Hamilton numbers.

Here's what that situation looks like on a chart:



Note how high the percentage of non-payers is in the 18-44 age groups, an age that should be gainfully employed and more productive. Herein lies the real problem. Probably living in their 70 year old parents basement. Lazy fcukrs.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:49 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:
Jammer wrote:

I hope everyone sees thru the cloud of deception this piece of dogshit spreads with his every comment.  He is the classical paid useful idiot of the repressive socialist left in this country.  He is an EVIL CRETIN and is an enemy of our Republic and your personal liberty.

Begin with the source he uses.  It is right out of the George Soros funded website the useful idiots use for their talking points.  The Hamilton Project is right up there with Fact Check.org and PolitiFact.   It is a creation of far left extremists who are solely focused on turning our country into a third world socialist cesspool.  That alone identifies this piece of dogshit as a paid operative of the repressive socialists.

Then dig into what is said on the slide.  The first thing they try to do is deceive the people reading the material.  They throw in the blue line for one reason only and that is pure deception.  The blue line has NO bearing whatsoever on the issue, but there it is.  It is how these scumbags operate.  They try to take your eye of the real problem.

Another key data point is that it is a measure of people who CANNOT be claimed as dependents by somebody else.  That is a very important point as these should be the WORKERS, the PRODUCERS that drive our economy in this country.  They are not children in school, the elderly or even the spouses who have decided to be stay at home parents.

Take a look at the age range from 25 – 45.  These should be our most able and productive people in our society.  What do you see?  You see that OVER 30% of what should be our most productive people do not pay a PENNY in federal income taxes.  This is a SIN, a complete travesty.  But it is exactly what the repressive socialists want; well they would prefer it to be a little higher percentage so they could be assured of winning EVERY election.

That is the REAL story of what is in the data.  However, that is not the story that the repressive socialists and their useful idiots paint.  They used this data to demean Mit Romney 4 years ago when he was running for President and made his 47% comment.  I guess the George Soros website still has this posted for their useful idiots to use and that is where Jackoff Jones found it when he dutifully went for his talking points.

JACKOFF JONES IS A LYING SACK OF DOGSHIT

I would think a guy your age would be very interested in the implication of the blue line.  It is the proportion of people investing into our country with income tax revenue and investing in their own future with payroll FICA taxes ... while you collect (or prepare to collect) on your investment into this system.

Are you an AARP member ?  They could help you understand this blue line better.

Wrong. FICA taxes aren't investments since they go to pay current obligations of current recipients. There are no accounts with your name on it nor are there any property rights attached to your particular history of FICA tax payments. Your history is only used to determine your level benefits of an entitlement program once you qualify.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:53 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Just a couple of problems with your chart.

1) It only accounts for those tax returns which are positive. However with enough personal exemptions, dependent deductions, standard deductions, child care credits, education credits, earned income tax credits, and on and on you could easily have a negative tax return. Most of those deductions/tax credits aren't available to the elderly since they no longer have children.

2) Most retirees do pay income tax albeit not on earned income. Deferred taxes on IRAs, 401Ks, ESOPs, pensions, stock options, investments are all sources of income for retirees. This chart doesn't account for "non-filers", who comprise a disproportionate number of retirees thus distorting the Hamilton numbers.

Here's what that situation looks like on a chart:



Note how high the percentage of non-payers is in the 18-44 age groups, an age that should be gainfully employed and more productive. Herein lies the real problem. Probably living in their 70 year old parents basement. Lazy fcukrs.

Oh Gomezz your chart doesn't indicate that these people aren't working.   Only that the financial result of their work doesn't require them to pay income taxes.  

This is sad commentary to way that these people have been left behind in the US economy since the 1980's.  I think you and Bernie Sanders might have agreement on this result.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1170
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:56 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:
Jammer wrote:

I hope everyone sees thru the cloud of deception this piece of dogshit spreads with his every comment.  He is the classical paid useful idiot of the repressive socialist left in this country.  He is an EVIL CRETIN and is an enemy of our Republic and your personal liberty.

Begin with the source he uses.  It is right out of the George Soros funded website the useful idiots use for their talking points.  The Hamilton Project is right up there with Fact Check.org and PolitiFact.   It is a creation of far left extremists who are solely focused on turning our country into a third world socialist cesspool.  That alone identifies this piece of dogshit as a paid operative of the repressive socialists.

Then dig into what is said on the slide.  The first thing they try to do is deceive the people reading the material.  They throw in the blue line for one reason only and that is pure deception.  The blue line has NO bearing whatsoever on the issue, but there it is.  It is how these scumbags operate.  They try to take your eye of the real problem.

Another key data point is that it is a measure of people who CANNOT be claimed as dependents by somebody else.  That is a very important point as these should be the WORKERS, the PRODUCERS that drive our economy in this country.  They are not children in school, the elderly or even the spouses who have decided to be stay at home parents.

Take a look at the age range from 25 – 45.  These should be our most able and productive people in our society.  What do you see?  You see that OVER 30% of what should be our most productive people do not pay a PENNY in federal income taxes.  This is a SIN, a complete travesty.  But it is exactly what the repressive socialists want; well they would prefer it to be a little higher percentage so they could be assured of winning EVERY election.

That is the REAL story of what is in the data.  However, that is not the story that the repressive socialists and their useful idiots paint.  They used this data to demean Mit Romney 4 years ago when he was running for President and made his 47% comment.  I guess the George Soros website still has this posted for their useful idiots to use and that is where Jackoff Jones found it when he dutifully went for his talking points.

JACKOFF JONES IS A LYING SACK OF DOGSHIT

I would think a guy your age would be very interested in the implication of the blue line.  It is the proportion of people investing into our country with income tax revenue and investing in their own future with payroll FICA taxes ... while you collect (or prepare to collect) on your investment into this system.

Are you an AARP member ?  They could help you understand this blue line better.

Wrong. FICA taxes aren't investments since they go to pay current obligations of current recipients. There are no accounts with your name on it nor are there any property rights attached to your particular history of FICA tax payments. Your history is only used to determine your level benefits of an entitlement program once you qualify.

Wow Gomezz I would think that this would make Mr Jammer even more interested in the blue line.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1170
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:
Jammer wrote:

I hope everyone sees thru the cloud of deception this piece of dogshit spreads with his every comment.  He is the classical paid useful idiot of the repressive socialist left in this country.  He is an EVIL CRETIN and is an enemy of our Republic and your personal liberty.

Begin with the source he uses.  It is right out of the George Soros funded website the useful idiots use for their talking points.  The Hamilton Project is right up there with Fact Check.org and PolitiFact.   It is a creation of far left extremists who are solely focused on turning our country into a third world socialist cesspool.  That alone identifies this piece of dogshit as a paid operative of the repressive socialists.

Then dig into what is said on the slide.  The first thing they try to do is deceive the people reading the material.  They throw in the blue line for one reason only and that is pure deception.  The blue line has NO bearing whatsoever on the issue, but there it is.  It is how these scumbags operate.  They try to take your eye of the real problem.

Another key data point is that it is a measure of people who CANNOT be claimed as dependents by somebody else.  That is a very important point as these should be the WORKERS, the PRODUCERS that drive our economy in this country.  They are not children in school, the elderly or even the spouses who have decided to be stay at home parents.

Take a look at the age range from 25 – 45.  These should be our most able and productive people in our society.  What do you see?  You see that OVER 30% of what should be our most productive people do not pay a PENNY in federal income taxes.  This is a SIN, a complete travesty.  But it is exactly what the repressive socialists want; well they would prefer it to be a little higher percentage so they could be assured of winning EVERY election.

That is the REAL story of what is in the data.  However, that is not the story that the repressive socialists and their useful idiots paint.  They used this data to demean Mit Romney 4 years ago when he was running for President and made his 47% comment.  I guess the George Soros website still has this posted for their useful idiots to use and that is where Jackoff Jones found it when he dutifully went for his talking points.

JACKOFF JONES IS A LYING SACK OF DOGSHIT

I would think a guy your age would be very interested in the implication of the blue line.  It is the proportion of people investing into our country with income tax revenue and investing in their own future with payroll FICA taxes ... while you collect (or prepare to collect) on your investment into this system.

Are you an AARP member ?  They could help you understand this blue line better.

Wrong. FICA taxes aren't investments since they go to pay current obligations of current recipients. There are no accounts with your name on it nor are there any property rights attached to your particular history of FICA tax payments. Your history is only used to determine your level benefits of an entitlement program once you qualify.

Wow Gomezz I would think that this would make Mr Jammer even more interested in the blue line.

The blue line is only indicative of an aging population. The SS and Medicare programs have had this fiscal problem since day one and now the day of reckoning has arrived as more and more Baby Boomers take retirement and fewer workers are employed and pay payroll taxes. Change should have happened decades ago but the Democrats and the Progressives and the Fcukstiks and the ShortXs of the nation stood in the way of any meaningful reform.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Jammer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:43 am

See how we let these LYING sacks of dogshit control the narrative.   Look at all the recent comments about the BLUE LINE.  It is totally irrelevant to the point that was made earlier about who pays federal income taxes and therefore might enjoy a financial advantage from a tax cut.   Just like 4 years ago when Romney made his 47% comment, the LYING sacks of shiste started talking about the BLUE LINE.  It is irrelevant.

While there are dozens of potential discussion points about the BLUE LINE, none of them fit in this issue.  To let these heathen scumbags say so and deflect the conversation away from their SINFUL ways is pathetic.  Standup to these assholes, better yet, NEVER TALK TO A USEFUL IDIOT as no value can ever come from it.

REPRESSIVE LIBERALS ARE EVIL
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2444
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

As you can see,  there is more to the story and the elderly are a big part of the "problem".

Just a couple of problems with your chart.

1) It only accounts for those tax returns which are positive. However with enough personal exemptions, dependent deductions, standard deductions, child care credits, education credits, earned income tax credits, and on and on you could easily have a negative tax return. Most of those deductions/tax credits aren't available to the elderly since they no longer have children.

2) Most retirees do pay income tax albeit not on earned income. Deferred taxes on IRAs, 401Ks, ESOPs, pensions, stock options, investments are all sources of income for retirees. This chart doesn't account for "non-filers", who comprise a disproportionate number of retirees thus distorting the Hamilton numbers.

Here's what that situation looks like on a chart:



Note how high the percentage of non-payers is in the 18-44 age groups, an age that should be gainfully employed and more productive. Herein lies the real problem. Probably living in their 70 year old parents basement. Lazy fcukrs.

Nice try Gomerr, you tried really hard and took a really hard swing at it,  but again you came up short.  The next time you post a graph to rebuke another, you might want to check to be sure that it doesn't say almost the exact same thing as the other graph.  The red line on my graph and your graph are essentially the same.  The only discrepancy is in the 65 and older range,  and it's not all that large at that.  Right at 65 is on target,  but it trails off quickly after that in my graph.  I wonder if your source didn't like the additional data?(seeing as they went in ten year increments to that point stopped)  I would say my graph is much more thorough.  I also wonder if the Tax Foundation was the one who made your graph, or if it was just a well placed citation to make it seem like they did. And your gainfully employed line of BS is just that,  BS.  We all know the starting wages pale in comparison to the wages of someone who has been on the job for 20 years.  

Better luck next time.


Last edited by Dr. Jones on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:07 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:
Jammer wrote:

I hope everyone sees thru the cloud of deception this piece of dogshit spreads with his every comment.  He is the classical paid useful idiot of the repressive socialist left in this country.  He is an EVIL CRETIN and is an enemy of our Republic and your personal liberty.

Begin with the source he uses.  It is right out of the George Soros funded website the useful idiots use for their talking points.  The Hamilton Project is right up there with Fact Check.org and PolitiFact.   It is a creation of far left extremists who are solely focused on turning our country into a third world socialist cesspool.  That alone identifies this piece of dogshit as a paid operative of the repressive socialists.

Then dig into what is said on the slide.  The first thing they try to do is deceive the people reading the material.  They throw in the blue line for one reason only and that is pure deception.  The blue line has NO bearing whatsoever on the issue, but there it is.  It is how these scumbags operate.  They try to take your eye of the real problem.

Another key data point is that it is a measure of people who CANNOT be claimed as dependents by somebody else.  That is a very important point as these should be the WORKERS, the PRODUCERS that drive our economy in this country.  They are not children in school, the elderly or even the spouses who have decided to be stay at home parents.

Take a look at the age range from 25 – 45.  These should be our most able and productive people in our society.  What do you see?  You see that OVER 30% of what should be our most productive people do not pay a PENNY in federal income taxes.  This is a SIN, a complete travesty.  But it is exactly what the repressive socialists want; well they would prefer it to be a little higher percentage so they could be assured of winning EVERY election.

That is the REAL story of what is in the data.  However, that is not the story that the repressive socialists and their useful idiots paint.  They used this data to demean Mit Romney 4 years ago when he was running for President and made his 47% comment.  I guess the George Soros website still has this posted for their useful idiots to use and that is where Jackoff Jones found it when he dutifully went for his talking points.

JACKOFF JONES IS A LYING SACK OF DOGSHIT

I would think a guy your age would be very interested in the implication of the blue line.  It is the proportion of people investing into our country with income tax revenue and investing in their own future with payroll FICA taxes ... while you collect (or prepare to collect) on your investment into this system.

Are you an AARP member ?  They could help you understand this blue line better.

Wrong. FICA taxes aren't investments since they go to pay current obligations of current recipients. There are no accounts with your name on it nor are there any property rights attached to your particular history of FICA tax payments. Your history is only used to determine your level benefits of an entitlement program once you qualify.

Wow Gomezz I would think that this would make Mr Jammer even more interested in the blue line.

The blue line is only indicative of an aging population. The SS and Medicare programs have had this fiscal problem since day one and now the day of reckoning has arrived as more and more Baby Boomers take retirement and fewer workers are employed and pay payroll taxes. Change should have happened decades ago but the Democrats and the Progressives and the Fcukstiks and the ShortXs of the nation stood in the way of any meaningful reform.

You know what's also really indicative of an aging population?  Participation rates in a jobs report.  Glad to see you're finally admitting it. Twisted Evil

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4091
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Shortie's Ex wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:Makes you wonder who has the largest Jackie Robinson model baseball bat doesn't it?

I feel pity for her bat...

How about the elderly (retirees) that don't pay taxes?  Do you feel pitty for them?

If your asking me whether everyone earning income should pay taxes regardless of their race, income level, or age the answer is yes. Furthermore everyone should pay the same tax rate as a percentage of their income. The problem the liberals have created is nearly half of this country living off the government, paying nothing into the system, and constantly demand the "rich" pay more so they can live better. We are heading for a complete economic collapse with 20 trillion in debt and 120 trillion in unfunded liabilities. I know you are not intelligent enough to understand what I wrote so just grunt a few times.

Half of the people you are referring to are the elderly, again, what do you have to say about them?  They are after all included in the infamous 47% figure that is often quoted by conservatives.

You should seriously the article I linked.  Judging from your posts you are severely misinformed.

So the most intelligent response you can muster is 1/2 of the country are elderly? You have got to be one of the dumbest people I have ever known and I have met some real idiots in my day.

Slightly less than 15% of the US population is age 62 and greater.  [You're welcome].  

I am certain Gomezz can help you with rudimentary internet research skills so that you can find this information yourself.

You must be mistaken as every moron knows it is 50%
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3439
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Short Straw Was Really Short

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum