Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midco Crash and Burn

5 posters

Go down

Midco Crash and Burn Empty Midco Crash and Burn

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:34 am

Midcontinent has a huge Internet outage covering most of ND, SD and MN. Seems to be spreading into IA. I'm using a personal hotspot on my iPhone for my connection.

http://downdetector.com/status/midcontinent/map
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Midco Crash and Burn Empty Re: Midco Crash and Burn

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 am

Best social comment post so far:

"Day one, went outside for first time in years, not sure what this bright orb is glowing and warm above me but it was good. Saw what appeared to be other humans, I hid as to not be detected in case they were hostile."

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:44 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:Best social comment post so far:

"Day one, went outside for first time in years, not sure what this bright orb is glowing and warm above me but it was good. Saw what appeared to be other humans, I hid as to not be detected in case they were hostile."

That sounds like something one of the numerous crazies on this forum would post. You guys don't get out much, do you?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Just Braying It wrote:

That sounds like something one of the numerous crazies on this forum would post. You guys don't get out much, do you?

I get out all the time. Just got back from shoveling last night's detritus off the driveway, went for a walk, wrestled and gutted a deer that was trespassing on my yard and cleaned the garage. And since the Internet is back up, I'm going finish booking my trip to Florida and poke a few Liberals before going to meet up with a buddy to drink some brews. Effete and pretentious craft beers. Delicious /s cheers
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:10 pm

No doubt the media will be along shortly to claim Trump asked his Russian buddies to disrupt Midco! Wink
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 am

Is it still a recommended practice among preppers to maintain AOL dial-up service through the land-line cable serving the bunker?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:58 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:Is it still a recommended practice among preppers to maintain AOL dial-up service through the land-line cable serving the bunker?

Crikers, you still own a computer with a dial up modem? Gave up my land line last year so I'll have to/ had to use my cell phone's hotspot to log on.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Reminds me of the movie 'surrogates'
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:38 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:Is it still a recommended practice among preppers to maintain AOL dial-up service through the land-line cable serving the bunker?

Crikers, you still own a computer with a dial up modem? Gave up my land line last year so I'll have to/ had to use my cell phone's hotspot to log on.  

Oh Gomezz I WAS digging the old modem out from storage. Just in case. It has been a long time since I waited for a screen refresh at 56k download speed.

AFA a land line. Still have one as a redundancy for business and for the exact reason demonstrated by the Midco outage. All the business folks who completely bought-in on VOIP were SOL. We were were still up and running.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:41 am

This seems like it was a trial run for Armegeddon. What will you do then Gomezz? I have fears that a cellular hot spot won't be functional?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down