American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 pm

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/13/520031463/gop-health-care-bill-could-leave-24m-without-coverage-by-2026-cbo-says

The number of uninsured to increase by 24 million by 2026.

Health insurance rates would initially increase by up to 20% over present [whaaaat?].  But would eventually decrease to a level estimated to be 10% less than ACA ... for some.

Now pay attention boys.  For older policy-holders, the proposed legislation allow premiums for older policyholders to be 5x the rates for younger policyholders.  Increased from 3x allowed by ACA.

D. O. A.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Shortie's Ex wrote:http://www.npr.org/2017/03/13/520031463/gop-health-care-bill-could-leave-24m-without-coverage-by-2026-cbo-says

The number of uninsured to increase by 24 million by 2026.

Health insurance rates would initially increase by up to 20% over present. But would eventually decrease to a level estimated to be 10% less than ACA ... for some.

Now pay attention boys. For older policy-holders, the proposed legislation allow premiums for older policyholders to be 5x the rates for younger policyholders. Increased from 3x allowed by ACA.

D. O. A.


I guess I am just tired of subsidizing some butt cowboy and his kweer friends. Health care isn't a right it is an insurance that one must pay for if they want coverage. Having 24 million deadbeats having their insurance being paid by productive members of society is no way to operate a business. Let me ask you since you have shiste for brains and only talent comes when you're horizontal...is food a right? Is housing and heat a right? Where exactly do your rights end and what about my rights to work for my benefit?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3373
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Skeptical on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:07 pm



Hell, get the government at any level out of the health insurance business, any insurance for that matter.
Is there any source such as a law that says government has the responsibility to provide any insurance?
Let the current life and or auto insurance companies gear up to provide such insurance and allow them to sell their product in all 50 states.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Clicker on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:47 pm

As I understand it the majority of thos who'll be uncovered are the people who were forced to buy Ocare in the first place and possibly a few more that will never and have never been covered. To me the biggest problem with Ocare was the mandate and the forcing of the program up our rectums in the first place. Saw a bit if a debate on Fox this a/m with the Lib advocate screeching the cost will skyrocket. After he used skyrocket the 4th or 5th time it became apparent that he was just trying to spread hysteria and wasn't doing a very good job of it. Something I want to see happen is a review and rollback of the liability laws that make healthcare so expensive in the first place. Do the same with Pharma and then do a Trump and demand they lower their prices.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 1054
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Shortie's Ex on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:http://www.npr.org/2017/03/13/520031463/gop-health-care-bill-could-leave-24m-without-coverage-by-2026-cbo-says

The number of uninsured to increase by 24 million by 2026.

Health insurance rates would initially increase by up to 20% over present.  But would eventually decrease to a level estimated to be 10% less than ACA ... for some.

Now pay attention boys.  For older policy-holders, the proposed legislation allow premiums for older policyholders to be 5x the rates for younger policyholders.  Increased from 3x allowed by ACA.

D. O. A.


I guess I am just tired of subsidizing some butt cowboy and his kweer friends. Health care isn't a right it is an insurance that one must pay for if they want coverage. Having 24 million deadbeats having their insurance being paid by productive members of society is no way to operate a business. Let me ask you since you have shiste for brains and only talent comes when you're horizontal...is food a right? Is housing and heat a right? Where exactly do your rights end and what about my rights to work for my benefit?

There is nothing in the OP about butt cowboys.  You are absolutely incapable of discussing the policies of this country in a cogent manner.  Please let the adults like me, Skeptical and Clicker handle these type of discussions.  I am still waiting for Gomezz to return from his winter quarters to join this erudite discussion.

There is nothing in ACA to limit your "rights" to work for your benefits.  I think your employer has more to do with this aspect of your life.  Did your employer stop offering health insurance as a part of employment ?  If they did, I bet they sold the line, "well, yah know, 'cuz Obamacare".  That is probably not true.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Shortie's Ex on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:http://www.npr.org/2017/03/13/520031463/gop-health-care-bill-could-leave-24m-without-coverage-by-2026-cbo-says

The number of uninsured to increase by 24 million by 2026.

Health insurance rates would initially increase by up to 20% over present.  But would eventually decrease to a level estimated to be 10% less than ACA ... for some.

Now pay attention boys.  For older policy-holders, the proposed legislation allow premiums for older policyholders to be 5x the rates for younger policyholders.  Increased from 3x allowed by ACA.

D. O. A.


I guess I am just tired of subsidizing some butt cowboy and his kweer friends. Health care isn't a right it is an insurance that one must pay for if they want coverage. Having 24 million deadbeats having their insurance being paid by productive members of society is no way to operate a business. Let me ask you since you have shiste for brains and only talent comes when you're horizontal...is food a right? Is housing and heat a right? Where exactly do your rights end and what about my rights to work for my benefit?


BTW, if you are pissed about some amount of people who receive financial assistance with purchase of health insurance plans as a result of ACA, I would suggest that your mention of Butt Cowboys is ill-placed. You will find that gay people are relatively well-to-do and don't often qualify for financial assistance.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Shortie's Ex wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:http://www.npr.org/2017/03/13/520031463/gop-health-care-bill-could-leave-24m-without-coverage-by-2026-cbo-says

The number of uninsured to increase by 24 million by 2026.

Health insurance rates would initially increase by up to 20% over present.  But would eventually decrease to a level estimated to be 10% less than ACA ... for some.

Now pay attention boys.  For older policy-holders, the proposed legislation allow premiums for older policyholders to be 5x the rates for younger policyholders.  Increased from 3x allowed by ACA.

D. O. A.


I guess I am just tired of subsidizing some butt cowboy and his kweer friends. Health care isn't a right it is an insurance that one must pay for if they want coverage. Having 24 million deadbeats having their insurance being paid by productive members of society is no way to operate a business. Let me ask you since you have shiste for brains and only talent comes when you're horizontal...is food a right? Is housing and heat a right? Where exactly do your rights end and what about my rights to work for my benefit?



BTW, if you are pissed about some amount of people who receive financial assistance with purchase of health insurance plans as a result of ACA, I would suggest that your mention of Butt Cowboys is ill-placed. You will find that gay people are relatively well-to-do and don't often qualify for financial assistance.

The Kweers are a real success story alright...anybody say you are a dumb bitch?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3373
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Shortie's Ex on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
The Kweers are a real success story alright...anybody say you are a dumb bitch?

LOL. More riveting and insightful commentary from The Empty Bigot of JSI.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Shortie's Ex on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:49 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:
There is nothing in ACA to limit your "rights" to work for your benefits.  I think your employer has more to do with this aspect of your life.  Did your employer stop offering health insurance as a part of employment ?

Darth, in your enthusiasm to embark on personal attacks, you skipped right past this question. Just trying to understand your comment about rights to work for your benefits.
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:48 am

Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4025
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

No
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

No

Nobody said you'd have to take part....

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4025
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:12 am

Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

You should use the VA or IHS as your success poster child.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3373
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

No

Nobody said you'd have to take part....

A public option will affect everyone whether or not they take part in it. A public option could crowd out some of the remaining private insurance companies while increasing costs due to cost shifting caused by the underpayment by the public option. This is similar to what happens with Medicare and Medicaid.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Jammer on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

No

Nobody said you'd have to take part....

ABSOLUTE COMPLETE BULLSHIT YOU LYING PIECE OF DOGSHIT.


That would mean that a PUBLIC insurance plan would not use a single dollar of taxpayer money nor have any individual or employer mandates and that will NEVER HAPPEN.  You are just like that piece of lying dogshit Obama when he said "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan - if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

Anybody that believes a single word a lying sack of dogshit demonrat says is just as stupid as the demonrat.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2413
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:04 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

No

Nobody said you'd have to take part....

A public option will affect everyone whether or not they take part in it. A public option could crowd out some of the remaining private insurance companies while increasing costs due to cost shifting caused by the underpayment by the public option. This is  similar to what happens with Medicare and Medicaid.

The real drag on our healthcare system is not Medicare/Medicaid. It's those worthless slugs that claim they shouldn't have to buy a plan because they are healthy, and those who, for political purposes, support those who take it upon themselves to financially strain our medical institutions and fill our bankruptcy courts.

Should Medicare/Medicaid pay better? Possibly. You know what though? My local hospital has an entire floor empty. Has been for a few years. Do you suppose they could have utilized that floor when they added a cancer treatment center? No. They added on. Then they went out and purchased a private facility in town that handled mostly bone and joint type of stuff. Do you suppose they could have waited and repurposed that facility? If I ran my business like that I'd be broke. No need to blame Medicare/Medicaid.

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4025
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Jammer on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

No

Nobody said you'd have to take part....

A public option will affect everyone whether or not they take part in it. A public option could crowd out some of the remaining private insurance companies while increasing costs due to cost shifting caused by the underpayment by the public option. This is  similar to what happens with Medicare and Medicaid.

The real drag on our healthcare system is not Medicare/Medicaid. It's those worthless slugs that claim they shouldn't have to buy a plan because they are healthy, and those who, for political purposes, support those who take it upon themselves to financially strain our medical institutions and fill our bankruptcy courts.

Should Medicare/Medicaid pay better? Possibly. You know what though? My local hospital has an entire floor empty. Has been for a few years. Do you suppose they could have utilized that floor when they added a cancer treatment center? No. They added on. Then they went out and purchased a private facility in town that handled mostly bone and joint type of stuff. Do you suppose they could have waited and  repurposed that facility? If I ran my business like that I'd be broke. No need to blame Medicare/Medicaid.



ABSOLUTE COMPLETE BULLSHIT YOU LYING PIECE OF DOGSHIT.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2413
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:12 am

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Is it time yet for a public insurance plan?

No

Nobody said you'd have to take part....

A public option will affect everyone whether or not they take part in it. A public option could crowd out some of the remaining private insurance companies while increasing costs due to cost shifting caused by the underpayment by the public option. This is  similar to what happens with Medicare and Medicaid.

The real drag on our healthcare system is not Medicare/Medicaid. It's those worthless slugs that claim they shouldn't have to buy a plan because they are healthy, and those who, for political purposes, support those who take it upon themselves to financially strain our medical institutions and fill our bankruptcy courts.

Should Medicare/Medicaid pay better? Possibly. You know what though? My local hospital has an entire floor empty. Has been for a few years. Do you suppose they could have utilized that floor when they added a cancer treatment center? No. They added on. Then they went out and purchased a private facility in town that handled mostly bone and joint type of stuff. Do you suppose they could have waited and  repurposed that facility? If I ran my business like that I'd be broke. No need to blame Medicare/Medicaid.



ABSOLUTE COMPLETE BULLSHIT YOU LYING PIECE OF DOGSHIT.

Don't you have a bridge you should be hiding under right now???

Dr. Evil

Posts : 4025
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: American Healthcare Act. The CBO score.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum