Happy Independence Day!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Darth Cheney on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:42 am

Today we celebrate the birth of the Greatest Nation ever devised leading the world in medicine, science, economics, and military strength. Truly, this nation was founded with the help of God putting together an extraordinary gathering of patriots and intellectuals that shaped our founding documents. No nation throughout history has ever accomplished as much regardless of time. We also need to acknowledge the many, many, lives that have been given defending our freedom and liberty. Today, one of our largest threats are from within lodged by evil cretins and misguided, uninformed individuals who fail to study or learn from history. Their guiding ideology is guided by "feeling" rather than historic fact. We will survive this attack like all the other attacks because being American means something to many people who will defend freedom and liberty as their forefathers have.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Clicker on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:21 am

Well said. We can only hope that the creeping progressivism can collapse of it's own weight before it completely destroys the fabric of our Union.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 822
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:30 am

"The Second Day of July 1776 [the day the Declaration was passed by the Continental Congress], will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more." - John Adams letter to his wife Abigail.

Have a great 4th everyone! cheers
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:59 am




The Queen sends her best wishes.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Today we celebrate the birth of the Greatest Nation ever devised leading the world in medicine, science, economics, and military strength. Truly, this nation was founded with the help of God putting together an extraordinary gathering of patriots and intellectuals that shaped our founding documents. No nation throughout history has ever accomplished as much regardless of time. We also need to acknowledge the many, many, lives that have been given defending our freedom and liberty. Today, one of our largest threats are from within lodged by evil cretins and misguided, uninformed individuals who fail to study or learn from history. Their guiding ideology is guided by "feeling" rather than historic fact. We will survive this attack like all the other attacks because being American means something to many people who will defend freedom and liberty as their forefathers have.  


AMEN - AMEN - AMEN
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:49 am

Clicker wrote:Well said. We can only hope that the creeping progressivism can collapse of it's own weight before it completely destroys the fabric of our Union.  

Clicker ole buddy, it is extremely rare when I don't agree with you 100%.  However, on this occasion, I am only able to partially agree.  

I personally believe that hoping for this evil agenda to collapse on its own is simply not an option for us.  While I completely agree that someday it will exactly like that just like every other attempt to impose a system of socialism has failed.  But please take a look at places like Venezuela where this exact thing has already occurred.  





This is not something that I wish for my grandchildren.  I believe that conservatives need to identify these assholes in our neighborhoods and do everything possible to counter their evil agenda and ELIMINATE LIBERALISM IN AMERICA.  Which reminds me, I need to drop by and wish the tree hugging bitch that lives down the street a Happy Independence Day.  


WE ALL NEED TO HELP PRESIDENT TRUMP MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Clicker on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:Well said. We can only hope that the creeping progressivism can collapse of it's own weight before it completely destroys the fabric of our Union.  

Clicker ole buddy, it is extremely rare when I don't agree with you 100%.  However, on this occasion, I am only able to partially agree.
Perhaps "of it's own weight" was a poor choice. Looking at Cali and Illinois it seems they are in a lot of trouble. Unfortunately, before a complete collapse might happen, the economy will recover and provide them with the revenue for them to keep going for a while. I keep waiting for the "it's too big to fail" whine out of the libs. Saw an interesting map of how Illinois would be absorbed by surrounding states. Problem is, no one wants Chicago!! I say build a fence around Clark county and make it another country.

Going to a huge 4th celebration tonite We've already had 3 and now another coming up!!!! SW Mo is a great place for patriotic displays year round.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 822
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:Well said. We can only hope that the creeping progressivism can collapse of it's own weight before it completely destroys the fabric of our Union.  

Clicker ole buddy, it is extremely rare when I don't agree with you 100%.  However, on this occasion, I am only able to partially agree.
Perhaps "of it's own weight" was a poor choice. Looking at Cali and Illinois it seems they are in a lot of trouble.  Unfortunately, before a complete collapse might happen, the economy will recover and provide them with the revenue for them to keep going for a while. I keep waiting for the "it's too big to fail" whine out of the libs. Saw an interesting map of how Illinois would be absorbed by surrounding states. Problem is, no one wants Chicago!!  I say build a fence around Clark county and make it another country.

Going to a huge 4th celebration tonite  We've already had 3 and now another coming up!!!! SW Mo is a great place for patriotic displays year round.

It was not a big deal, I pretty much knew what you meant.  However, I just can't help myself.  I guess it is my personality.  Probably the best explanation might be to look at the 3 proverbial types of people.  This can be attributed to quite a few people who have used the quote, but I think the first time I heard it was when I read Tommy Lasorda's book Dodger Blue decades ago.  There are basically 3 types of people:


Those that make things happen
Those that watch things happens
Those that wonder what in the hell just happened


I am definitely the first type and I am always prodding people to do something.

You are right about California and Illinois.  Illinois is much further down the path and actually could collapse in the next few years.  I am praying it is while Trump is still President.  I think he will tell them to go pound sand.  Unfortunately, unless we have somebody like Trump in charge, the US Treasury (which means us taxpayers) will end up bailing them out.  

You are also right abut SW Missouri.  I love going to Branson.  Every time that I have been there, it was like a conservative lovefest.  It has been several years since we have been there and I hope it is still the same.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Darth Cheney on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:Well said. We can only hope that the creeping progressivism can collapse of it's own weight before it completely destroys the fabric of our Union.  

Clicker ole buddy, it is extremely rare when I don't agree with you 100%.  However, on this occasion, I am only able to partially agree.
Perhaps "of it's own weight" was a poor choice. Looking at Cali and Illinois it seems they are in a lot of trouble. Unfortunately, before a complete collapse might happen, the economy will recover and provide them with the revenue for them to keep going for a while. I keep waiting for the "it's too big to fail" whine out of the libs. Saw an interesting map of how Illinois would be absorbed by surrounding states. Problem is, no one wants Chicago!! I say build a fence around Clark county and make it another country.

Going to a huge 4th celebration tonite We've already had 3 and now another coming up!!!! SW Mo is a great place for patriotic displays year round.

As these failed States collapse under liberalism, the parasites spread to other "host" states and bring their failed ideology with them never being able to equate actions with consequences.

Did I mention in South Dakota the winter frequently has temperatures 20 below zero with high winds essentially creating an inhabitable and inhospitable climate. Exposure to these conditions can freeze a person in a few short minutes. Conversely the summers can reach in excess of 100 degrees with 100% humidity. Those two facts make the average temperature look reasonable.

On the bright side...we have very few beggers/parasitic slugs inhabiting every street corner holding their signs will work for food. How about working to pay some taxes to your beloved State?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:28 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:Well said. We can only hope that the creeping progressivism can collapse of it's own weight before it completely destroys the fabric of our Union.  

Clicker ole buddy, it is extremely rare when I don't agree with you 100%.  However, on this occasion, I am only able to partially agree.
Perhaps "of it's own weight" was a poor choice. Looking at Cali and Illinois it seems they are in a lot of trouble.  Unfortunately, before a complete collapse might happen, the economy will recover and provide them with the revenue for them to keep going for a while. I keep waiting for the "it's too big to fail" whine out of the libs. Saw an interesting map of how Illinois would be absorbed by surrounding states. Problem is, no one wants Chicago!!  I say build a fence around Clark county and make it another country.

Going to a huge 4th celebration tonite  We've already had 3 and now another coming up!!!! SW Mo is a great place for patriotic displays year round.

As these failed States collapse under liberalism, the parasites spread to other "host" states and bring their failed ideology with them never being able to equate actions with consequences.

Did I mention in South Dakota the winter frequently has temperatures 20 below zero with high winds essentially creating an inhabitable and inhospitable climate. Exposure to these conditions can freeze a person in a few short minutes. Conversely the summers can reach in excess of 100 degrees with 100% humidity. Those two facts make the average temperature look reasonable.


On the bright side...we have very few beggers/parasitic slugs inhabiting every street corner holding their signs will work for food. How about working to pay some taxes to your beloved State?

Did I mention in South Dakota the winter frequently has temperatures 20 below zero with high winds essentially creating an inhabitable and inhospitable climate. Exposure to these conditions can freeze a person in a few short minutes. Conversely the summers can reach in excess of 100 degrees with 100% humidity. Those two facts make the average temperature look reasonable.
KEEPS THE RIFF RAFF (deadbeat liberals) OUT
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:29 pm

This has been around for a long time, so you have probably already seen it.  But just in case not, here it is as it truly makes one scratch their head.  Makes you kind of wonder how us conservatives can’t run these assholes out of the country.


The six Conundrums of Socialism in the United States of America :

            1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.

            2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.

            3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.

            4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.

            5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in other Countries only dream about.

            6. The poor have things that people in other countries only dream about, yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Darth Cheney on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Jammer wrote:This has been around for a long time, so you have probably already seen it.  But just in case not, here it is as it truly makes one scratch their head.  Makes you kind of wonder how us conservatives can’t run these assholes out of the country.


The six Conundrums of Socialism in the United States of America :

            1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.

            2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.

            3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.

            4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.

            5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in other Countries only dream about.

            6. The poor have things that people in other countries only dream about, yet they want America to be more like those other countries.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Conservatives need to push our state legislators to support re-establishing work rules for food stamps.  When you do, the results are amazing.   It seems that deadbeats will decline the food stamps if they actually have to work for them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/04/food-stamp-rolls-plummet-in-states-that-restore-work-requirements.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Illinois goes down the toilet and the state collapses.  The liberal slugs there will only demand higher taxes on their working residents, in order to keep spending more.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/04/illinois-senate-overrides-governors-tax-hike-veto.html

One would think this tax increase will be the final nail in the coffin for this cesspool known as Illinois.  If any Illinois conservatives fail to move and abandon ship, then they deserve to go down with it.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:This has been around for a long time, so you have probably already seen it.  But just in case not, here it is as it truly makes one scratch their head.  Makes you kind of wonder how us conservatives can’t run these assholes out of the country.


The six Conundrums of Socialism in the United States of America :

            1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.

            2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.

            3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.

            4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.

            5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in other Countries only dream about.

            6. The poor have things that people in other countries only dream about, yet they want America to be more like those other countries.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

FWIW: ShortX will probably ding you for using an apocryphal quote (like you care!  ;-) ).

While it's highly unlikely that Tytler said/wrote that, it doesn't make it any less true. One of my favorite quotable non-quotes.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Dr. Evil on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:40 pm

I meant to post this last night, but didn't get time...

As I drove from engagement to engagement yesterday I really thought about "independence". Sure there's the celebration of countrymen and women standing by one another to accomplish a common goal, which is something conservatives no longer believe in, but that's a whole different conversation. But yesterday I was focused on a much different independence. Having an independent mind. Our country was born out of enlightenment, without it things would have likely turned out much differently for this great country. The ability of our forefathers to question things like religion and big money, and how they affected the function of government was essential in breaking our bonds and earning our independence as a country where neither would be allowed to take control.

It was a little sad for me yesterday, knowing that we are letting true patriots like Thomas Jefferson down in allowing religion to dictate too much of what we do in this country. I was sad knowing that we've allowed people into Washington that want to privatize everything and let big money interests infiltrate the most sacred institutions in this powerful country. We've failed. We've allowed the mentality our forefathers fought against to have a platform again in the far right by letting their money control the narrative, and the far left to water down the message of the Party of Jefferson to the point that I'm no longer part of it.

But somehow as I watched the fireworks last night I had a smile on my face. Not just because my kids were enjoying themselves, though that didn't hurt any. I smiled because of enlightenment, and the bright fireworks in the dark sky seemed to be a fitting tribute.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Darth Cheney on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:I meant to post this last night, but didn't get time...

As I drove from engagement to engagement yesterday I really thought about "independence". Sure there's the celebration of countrymen and women standing by one another to accomplish a common goal, which is something conservatives no longer believe in, but that's a whole different conversation. But yesterday I was focused on a much different independence. Having an independent mind. Our country was born out of enlightenment, without it things would have likely turned out much differently for this great country. The ability of our forefathers to question things like religion and big money, and how they affected the function of government was essential in breaking our bonds and earning our independence as a country where neither would be allowed to take control.

It was a little sad for me yesterday, knowing that we are letting true patriots like Thomas Jefferson down in allowing religion to dictate too much of what we do in this country. I was sad knowing that we've allowed people into Washington that want to privatize everything and let big money interests infiltrate the most sacred institutions in this powerful country. We've failed. We've allowed the mentality our forefathers fought against to have a platform again in the far right by letting their money control the narrative, and the far left to water down the message of the Party of Jefferson to the point that I'm no longer part of it.

But somehow as I watched the fireworks last night I had a smile on my face. Not just because my kids were enjoying themselves, though that didn't hurt any. I smiled because of enlightenment, and the bright fireworks in the dark sky seemed to be a fitting tribute.

You don't have a smidgen of enlightenment in your entire body nor understand what this great nation was founded on or by whom. Take you sanctimonious BS somewhere else asshole.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:I meant to post this last night, but didn't get time...

As I drove from engagement to engagement yesterday I really thought about "independence". Sure there's the celebration of countrymen and women standing by one another to accomplish a common goal, which is something conservatives no longer believe in, but that's a whole different conversation. But yesterday I was focused on a much different independence. Having an independent mind. Our country was born out of enlightenment, without it things would have likely turned out much differently for this great country. The ability of our forefathers to question things like religion and big money, and how they affected the function of government was essential in breaking our bonds and earning our independence as a country where neither would be allowed to take control.

It was a little sad for me yesterday, knowing that we are letting true patriots like Thomas Jefferson down in allowing religion to dictate too much of what we do in this country. I was sad knowing that we've allowed people into Washington that want to privatize everything and let big money interests infiltrate the most sacred institutions in this powerful country. We've failed. We've allowed the mentality our forefathers fought against to have a platform again in the far right by letting their money control the narrative, and the far left to water down the message of the Party of Jefferson to the point that I'm no longer part of it.

But somehow as I watched the fireworks last night I had a smile on my face. Not just because my kids were enjoying themselves, though that didn't hurt any. I smiled because of enlightenment, and the bright fireworks in the dark sky seemed to be a fitting tribute.

You don't have a smidgen of enlightenment in your entire body nor understand what this great nation was founded on or by whom. Take you sanctimonious BS somewhere else asshole.

I agree, that evil piece of dogshit should crawl back under his rock where he belongs.  Nobody should give REPRESSIVE LIBERALS like Jackoff Jones the time of day let alone have a discussion with the EVIL CRETIN.  Not a word that comes from him is credible.

If these dumbasses were limited to facts and the truth, you would never hear a word from them.  Their comments are nothing but misrepresentations, distortions and outright lies.  The world would be a much better place without these scumbags.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:I meant to post this last night, but didn't get time...

As I drove from engagement to engagement yesterday I really thought about "independence". Sure there's the celebration of countrymen and women standing by one another to accomplish a common goal, which is something conservatives no longer believe in, but that's a whole different conversation. But yesterday I was focused on a much different independence. Having an independent mind. Our country was born out of enlightenment, without it things would have likely turned out much differently for this great country. The ability of our forefathers to question things like religion and big money, and how they affected the function of government was essential in breaking our bonds and earning our independence as a country where neither would be allowed to take control.

It was a little sad for me yesterday, knowing that we are letting true patriots like Thomas Jefferson down in allowing religion to dictate too much of what we do in this country. I was sad knowing that we've allowed people into Washington that want to privatize everything and let big money interests infiltrate the most sacred institutions in this powerful country. We've failed. We've allowed the mentality our forefathers fought against to have a platform again in the far right by letting their money control the narrative, and the far left to water down the message of the Party of Jefferson to the point that I'm no longer part of it.

But somehow as I watched the fireworks last night I had a smile on my face. Not just because my kids were enjoying themselves, though that didn't hurt any. I smiled because of enlightenment, and the bright fireworks in the dark sky seemed to be a fitting tribute.

O' fcuking BooHoo. "... knowing that we are letting true patriots like Thomas Jefferson down in allowing religion to dictate too much of what we do in this country." Did you know that Jefferson rejected the influence of the Dead Hand of the Past? That he believed that “the earth belongs in usufruct to the living” and that future generations had the right to change the Social Contract so as to fit better the new generations needs. I don't buy his argument as didn't James Madison but sleep tight tonight knowing you haven't disappointed your Jefferson. By the way you don't have a fcuking clue about Jefferson's "Wall of Separation" in regards to religious establishment. But that's a conversation for a different time.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:01 am

I'm not sure exactly what it is that you guys are disputing, the data is all out there and pretty black and white. We've been over this... scratch
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:05 am

Dr. Evil wrote:I'm not sure exactly what it is that you guys are disputing, the data is all out there and pretty black and white. We've been over this... scratch

Let me sum it up for you:


GET LOST ASSHOLE

Nobody gives a shite what you have to say because you are a lying sack of dogshit.  There is no place in a civil society for EVIL CRETINS like you.  So I will say it again.

GET LOST ASSHOLE
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Jammer on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Today we celebrate the birth of the Greatest Nation ever devised leading the world in medicine, science, economics, and military strength. Truly, this nation was founded with the help of God putting together an extraordinary gathering of patriots and intellectuals that shaped our founding documents. No nation throughout history has ever accomplished as much regardless of time. We also need to acknowledge the many, many, lives that have been given defending our freedom and liberty. Today, one of our largest threats are from within lodged by evil cretins and misguided, uninformed individuals who fail to study or learn from history. Their guiding ideology is guided by "feeling" rather than historic fact. We will survive this attack like all the other attacks because being American means something to many people who will defend freedom and liberty as their forefathers have.  

Has anyone ever wondered why there were NO LIBERALS who signed the Declaration of Independence?   To me that is an interesting question.  My speculation is that to sign the document, they would have been required to “Pledge their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor”.  I personally think that when you break that statement down you will get the answer why liberals did not sign the Declaration of Independence.

PLEDGE THEIR LIVES:  Liberals are basically cowards so this would seem quite extreme to them.
PLEDGE THEIR FORTUNES:  Unless they could find a way to “redistribute” the fortunes of OTHERS, that was obviously a deal breaker for them.
PLEDGE THEIR SACRED HONOR: Of course that would not work for them as the term “sacred” would imply religious connections and religious they are not.  And to double up on this, just how many liberals have any honor?  ZERO And that is why there were no liberals who signed the Declaration of Independence.

I am not sure if my conclusion is accurate, but it seems to make sense to me.  But then again there have been other theories put forward by others.  Probably the most reasonable is the fact that liberals love HIGH TAXES and a STRONG CENTRAL GOVERNMENT and they already had that with King George.  So that is why all the loyalists were liberals.  I guess that also makes sense.



Oh well, the key take away is:  
LIBERAL = BAD
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Dr. Evil on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Today we celebrate the birth of the Greatest Nation ever devised leading the world in medicine, science, economics, and military strength. Truly, this nation was founded with the help of God putting together an extraordinary gathering of patriots and intellectuals that shaped our founding documents. No nation throughout history has ever accomplished as much regardless of time. We also need to acknowledge the many, many, lives that have been given defending our freedom and liberty. Today, one of our largest threats are from within lodged by evil cretins and misguided, uninformed individuals who fail to study or learn from history. Their guiding ideology is guided by "feeling" rather than historic fact. We will survive this attack like all the other attacks because being American means something to many people who will defend freedom and liberty as their forefathers have.  

Has anyone ever wondered why there were NO LIBERALS who signed the Declaration of Independence?   To me that is an interesting question.  My speculation is that to sign the document, they would have been required to “Pledge their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor”.  I personally think that when you break that statement down you will get the answer why liberals did not sign the Declaration of Independence.

PLEDGE THEIR LIVES:  Liberals are basically cowards so this would seem quite extreme to them.
PLEDGE THEIR FORTUNES:  Unless they could find a way to “redistribute” the fortunes of OTHERS, that was obviously a deal breaker for them.
PLEDGE THEIR SACRED HONOR: Of course that would not work for them as the term “sacred” would imply religious connections and religious they are not.  And to double up on this, just how many liberals have any honor?  ZERO  And that is why there were no liberals who signed the Declaration of Independence.

I am not sure if my conclusion is accurate, but it seems to make sense to me.  But then again there have been other theories put forward by others.  Probably the most reasonable is the fact that liberals love HIGH TAXES and a STRONG CENTRAL GOVERNMENT and they already had that with King George.  So that is why all the loyalists were liberals.  I guess that also makes sense.



Oh well, the key take away is:  
LIBERAL = BAD

That's an interesting question. On one hand I'd say that enlightenment itself was a liberal movement, but I'd say on the other hand that there is a large swath of modern day liberals that the founding fathers would have sent back out to sea on the ships they emptied the tea out of. Hmm......
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:This has been around for a long time, so you have probably already seen it.  But just in case not, here it is as it truly makes one scratch their head.  Makes you kind of wonder how us conservatives can’t run these assholes out of the country.


The six Conundrums of Socialism in the United States of America :

            1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.

            2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.

            3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.

            4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.

            5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in other Countries only dream about.

            6. The poor have things that people in other countries only dream about, yet they want America to be more like those other countries.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

FWIW: ShortX will probably ding you for using an apocryphal quote (like you care!  ;-) ).

While it's highly unlikely that Tytler said/wrote that, it doesn't make it any less true. One of my favorite quotable non-quotes.

Oh Gomezz there is no need for me to ding him for misattribution of these words to Alexander Fraser Tytler.  You did!

The most artful way of telling someone that they are wrong is one in which the recipient of your words is clueless that you have just said "you're wrong".  In this regard, your clever tete a tete with Darth was a success.


Last edited by Shortie's Ex on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Shortie's Ex on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:54 pm

I wonder if Darth even realizes that I agree with you that he is wrong ?
avatar
Shortie's Ex

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Clicker on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Shortie's Ex wrote:I wonder if Darth even realizes that I agree with you that he is wrong ?

I wonder if Darth actually give a rosy red rodents rectum?
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 822
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Independence Day!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum