Crazy rears its ugly head again !

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Crazy rears its ugly head again !

Post  Skeptical on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 pm

If understand it correctly, back in 2013 Grassley and Cruz Introduced Comprehensive Legislation That Targets Violent Criminals, Safeguards Second Amendment

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=164

And Sen Grassley also introduced a bill in 2016 that would reauthorize funding for the National Criminal Instant Background Check System (NICS) and incentivize states to share mental health records with the federal system. , but was defeated mainly along party lines;

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/284182-senate-rejects-first-background-check-bill

There is no guarantee either one would have 100% prevented the Sutherland Springs murders but the 2013 proposal may have prevented Kelley from legally buying the weapon he used as well as the others he had with him.

Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:44 pm

I couldn't tell you. I can tell you it's bipartisan. My point in posting that was to show to our resident gun experts that they didn't know as much as they thought they did.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:   I couldn't tell you. I can tell you it's bipartisan.

So how does this make it better or more effective to assure the background check database is as complete as possible then the proposal by Cruz and Grassley or the one Grassley introduced by himself?
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Skeptical wrote:

So how does this make it better or more effective to assure the background check database is as complete as possible then the proposal by Cruz and Grassley or the one Grassley introduced by himself?

No idea. Never said it would.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:

I couldn't tell you. I can tell you it's bipartisan. My point in posting that was to show to our resident gun experts that they didn't know as much as they thought they did.

I've forgotten more than you will ever know about guns junior.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:22 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:

I've forgotten more than you will ever know about guns junior.

Ummmm......OK.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

No idea. Never said it would.

Then why did you make it a point to mention BIPARTISAN (as if this is the magic key) ?

It matters not whether a proposer of legislation has an "R" or "D" behind their name rather the substance of the proposal is what is important.
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 am

It may turn out this carnage in Sutherland Springs was made possible by a decades old problem of not enforcing the laws on the books instead of needing another law.

Double click on the heading of the following link which will redirect to a PDF file, scroll down to page 8 to read all the incidents requiring reporting to the NIBRS.
https://www.hsdl.org/?abstract&did=800086

CASE IN POINT:
34 U.S. Code § 41303 - Uniform Federal Crime Reporting Act of 1988

(a)Short title
This section may be cited as the “Uniform Federal Crime Reporting Act of 1988”.
(b)Definitions
For purposes of this section, the term “Uniform Crime Reports” means the reports authorized under section 534 of title 28 and administered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation which compiles nationwide criminal statistics for use in law enforcement administration, operation, and management and to assess the nature and type of crime in the United States.
(c)Establishment of system
(1)In general
The Attorney General shall acquire, collect, classify, and preserve national data on Federal criminal offenses as part of the Uniform Crime Reports.
(2)Reporting by federal agencies
All departments and agencies within the Federal government (including the Department of Defense) which routinely investigate complaints of criminal activity, shall report details about crime within their respective jurisdiction to the Attorney General in a uniform manner and on a form prescribed by the Attorney General. The reporting required by this subsection shall be limited to the reporting of those crimes comprising the Uniform Crime Reports.

The Department of Defense has had a reporting system and requirement as far back as 1973, with several updates over the years.

This Manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose, and reissues DoD 7730.47-M (Reference (a)). The purpose of the overall Manual, in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02 (Reference (b)), is to implement the policy in DoDD Instruction (DoDI) 7730.47 (Reference (c)) and to assign responsibilities and prescribe procedures for managing the DIBRS. This Volume: (1) Prescribes the reporting data elements needed to comply with Federal criminal incident reporting pursuant to the note to section 534 of title 28, United States Code (U.S.C.) (also known and hereafter referred to as 'The Uniform Federal Crime Reporting Act of 1988, as amended' (Reference (d))) and the note to section 922 of title 18, U.S.C. (also known and hereafter referred to as 'The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993, as amended' Reference (e))). (2) Incorporates and cancels Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (USD(P&R)) Memorandums (References (f) and (g)) and Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Program Integration Memorandum (Reference (h))."

Also for those who want to peruse the list of offenses requiring reporting to the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS)

https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/blaw/dodd/corres/html2/p773047m.htm
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:21 am

I guess it is settled now...too many morons in this country.

When are we going to talk about the million babies murdered every year deliberately in this country?
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:31 am

Darth Cheney wrote:

I guess it is settled now...too many morons in this country.

When are we going to talk about the million babies murdered every year deliberately in this country?

It looks like the morons are starting to get themselves boxed in on this issue. I'm really surprised to see a couple mega country stars come out on the side of sanity I guess you'll have to start boycotting country music as well. Life must be tough when you're a snowflake who's against everything sane, good, and normal.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 am

Not really, just a couple of folks getting caught up in the political misdirection and frenzy of the moment, prognosis for full recovery is good.

When is this country going to get common sense comprehensive vehicle control legislation limiting the number of vehicles a person may own, create rules and regulations restricting purchases based on "wants".  Just because a person wants a certain vehicle doesn't justify that person having it. A system of extensive background checks to prevent innocent people being killed or injured is needed now, too many people driving who shouldn't be.

(Keep in mind there is nothing in the Constitution that says, "the right of the people to keep and drive vehicles, shall not be infringed.)
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am

Skeptical wrote:

Not really, just a couple of folks getting caught up in the political misdirection and frenzy of the moment, prognosis for full recovery is good.

When is this country going to get common sense comprehensive vehicle control legislation limiting the number of vehicles a person may own, create rules and regulations restricting purchases based on "wants".  Just because a person wants a certain vehicle doesn't justify that person having it. A system of extensive background checks to prevent innocent people being killed or injured is needed now, too many people driving who shouldn't be.

(Keep in mind there is nothing in the Constitution that says, "the right of the people to keep and drive vehicles, shall not be infringed.)

Fuuck You! There were children, todlers there that got shot as they were crying for their parents. I'm done with your BS. I'm done with you putting your childish toys and your distortion of the 2nd amendment above the safety of the rest of us and our children. So fuuck you and your false analogy politics. Show some respect for the children that lost their lives.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:25 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Fuuck You!  There were children, todlers there that got shot as they were crying for their parents. I'm done with your BS. I'm done with you putting your childish toys and your distortion of the 2nd amendment above the safety of the rest of us and our children. So fuuck you and your false analogy politics. Show some respect for the children that lost their lives.

Bad hair day or PMS?

Do you show any respect or remorse for supporting the killing of millions of future humans?  How many possible discoverers of cure for cancer or other diseases have your ilk destroyed?
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Everyone catch this recent church shooting? Doesn't really fit the liberal narrative but bad guy was stopped by good guy. Liberals hate when that happens.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Everyone catch this recent church shooting? Doesn't really fit the liberal narrative but bad guy was stopped by good guy. Liberals hate when that happens.

Good guy with a gun is becoming more and more prevalent these days. As more people are issued and use carry licenses this will become more common until the use of firearms to commit crimes like the Church shootings rolls back to that of the early 1900s. As the perception of carrying guns as protection and crime deterrent becomes the norm it'll be seen by most as a good thing. As it is, many are startled and made uncomfortable by the sight of a gun. Liberal training at its best.
Clicker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Clicker wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Everyone catch this recent church shooting? Doesn't really fit the liberal narrative but bad guy was stopped by good guy. Liberals hate when that happens.

Good guy with a gun is becoming more and more prevalent these days. As more people are issued and use carry licenses this will become more common until the use of firearms to commit crimes like the Church shootings rolls back to that of the early 1900s. As the perception of carrying guns as protection and crime deterrent becomes the norm it'll be seen by most as a good thing. As it is, many are startled and made uncomfortable by the sight of a gun. Liberal training at its best.

The only time I am frightened seeing a gun is when it doesn't have a round in the chamber.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Fuuck You!  There were children, todlers there that got shot as they were crying for their parents. I'm done with your BS. I'm done with you putting your childish toys and your distortion of the 2nd amendment above the safety of the rest of us and our children. So fuuck you and your false analogy politics. Show some respect for the children that lost their lives.

Bad hair day or PMS?

Do you show any respect or remorse for supporting the killing of millions of future humans?  How many possible discoverers of cure for cancer or other diseases have your ilk destroyed?

Then you move into derogatory remarks about women...astonishing.

Women hold the key to life. Period. God entrusted them to decide the right time to bring a new life into the world.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:49 pm

I have a ton of respect for that guy for what he did. But he didn't stop shiit. The shooter was done. From what I understand he just grabbed a handful of ammo? He's lucky he didn't get himself shot. He was lucky that he was able to get a clear shot. If he hadn't had met the shooter outside after he already killed everybody inside and come out with nobody near him, the shot wouldn't have been near as easy. What about the shooters armor? Gun nuts always say that if you take guns away the shooters will find another weapon. Whose to say the shooters aren't going to get better armor if people get more guns. The shooter was obviously more prepared than many in the post. Does this mean that the 'good guys' will have to start carrying grenade launchers?

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Bad hair day or PMS?

Women hold the key to life. Period. God entrusted them to decide the right time to bring a new life into the world.

Bad hair day or PMS?

It is definitely a bad case of PMS!

God entrusted them to decide the right time to bring a new life into the world.

Would you care to reveal your source that God considered the deliberate destruction of a developing human being by the mother  as being included in the "right time to bring a new life into the world"?
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Bad hair day or PMS?

Bad hair day or PMS?

Would you care to reveal your source that God considered the deliberate destruction of a developing human being by the mother  as being included in the "right time to bring a new life into the world"?

I'm not going to get into my personal religious beliefs in this mass shooting thread. Probably not any thread right now today.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Bad hair day or PMS?

Bad hair day or PMS?

I'm not going to get into my personal religious beliefs in this mass shooting thread. Probably not any thread right now today.

In other words you got nothing other then PMS and the happiness you get from killing unborn and developing human beings, GOT IT !!
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:56 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Bad hair day or PMS?

Bad hair day or PMS?

In other words you got nothing other then PMS and the happiness you get from killing unborn and developing human beings, GOT IT !!

You ain't got shiit. Our personal opinions on when life begins and ends are irrelevant to the conversation. Why don't you quit deflecting and explain why you put your self interest in your silly toys ahead of the lives of walking, talking, living children?

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:25 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Bad hair day or PMS?

Bad hair day or PMS?

You ain't got shiit. Our personal opinions on when life begins and ends are irrelevant to the conversation. Why don't you quit deflecting and explain why you put your self interest in your silly toys ahead of the lives of walking, talking, living children?

Things may be better for you when you grow up
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Bad hair day or PMS?

Bad hair day or PMS?

Things may be better for you  when you grow up

F off.

Dr. Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top