Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turkey Etc.

2 posters

Go down

Turkey Etc. Empty Turkey Etc.

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:59 am

Cooking a turkey today for a family reunion tomorrow. I find cooking it ahead of time and re-heating takes a lot of stress out of getting the bird cooked at the right time. I was also asked to bring the gravy since I would have the drippings. Decided to incorporate the neck meat, liver, heart, and giblets since I am making the rules. Chopped everything up and then liquefied in my Vitamix blender. Can't wait for the accolades on how good it is but won't reveal the organ meat that was incorporated. He...he...he...he
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Turkey Etc. Empty Re: Turkey Etc.

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Update: Gravy was very good but next time I will leave out the liver. It is just a little to prominent although I do like liver by itself...live and learn.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Update: Gravy was very good but next time I will leave out the liver. It is just a little to prominent although I do like liver by itself...live and learn.

I never liked the liver either. I bought extra giblets and ground them up with a small hand operated grinder. Then put them in a cloth bag inside with the stuffing. I opened up the bag and made gravy that way.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down