Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grilled Pizza Tonight

5 posters

Go down

Grilled Pizza Tonight Empty Grilled Pizza Tonight

Post  Darth Cheney Mon May 27, 2013 4:11 pm

I make pizza from scratch and cook it on my Big Green Egg. Words can not describe how incredible it is and have personally witnessed women achieve the big O after taking a bite. No brag...just fact.

After I eat I will mix me up a triple margarita to take me to my happy place. Very Happy
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Grilled Pizza Tonight Empty Re: Grilled Pizza Tonight

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon May 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:I make pizza from scratch and cook it on my Big Green Egg. Words can not describe how incredible it is and have personally witnessed women achieve the big O after taking a bite. No brag...just fact.

After I eat I will mix me up a triple margarita to take me to my happy place. Very Happy

Saw Big Green Eggs at Sam's Club yesterday Darth. Complete with side boards and stand for $899.99. That a good price?
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 pm

I want to make a pizza in my smoker. I think that would just be awesome.
Twinkies
Twinkies

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon May 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:I make pizza from scratch and cook it on my Big Green Egg. Words can not describe how incredible it is and have personally witnessed women achieve the big O after taking a bite. No brag...just fact.

Saw Big Green Eggs at Sam's Club yesterday Darth. Complete with side boards and stand for $899.99. That a good price?

It is but...BGE normally only sell through dealers an carry a lifetime warranty. The Sam's deal was kind of a double cross for the "Mothership" and they would not honor the lifetime warranty although I think Sam's club would have to as they warranty everything (I believe). Ace Hardware is a licensed dealer and there are a number of others in the Sioux Falls area and nearby. I would be from a regular dealer as so internal components will crack over time (firebox) and the replacement pieces can be shipped with other items to save you from shipping charges. That said, the BGE is the best smoker, griller, anything cooker anywhere. I can slow cook something for 16+ hours at 200 degrees without touching it or sear a steak at 900+ degrees and everything in between. My culinary perfection came as a result of owning a BGE.

Ace would probably be close in the same price range or other dealers in the area....I have some recommendations.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon May 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

It is but...BGE normally only sell through dealers an carry a lifetime warranty. The Sam's deal was kind of a double cross for the "Mothership" and they would not honor the lifetime warranty although I think Sam's club would have to as they warranty everything (I believe). Ace Hardware is a licensed dealer and there are a number of others in the Sioux Falls area and nearby. I would be from a regular dealer as so internal components will crack over time (firebox) and the replacement pieces can be shipped with other items to save you from shipping charges. That said, the BGE is the best smoker, griller, anything cooker anywhere. I can slow cook something for 16+ hours at 200 degrees without touching it or sear a steak at 900+ degrees and everything in between. My culinary perfection came as a result of owning a BGE.

Ace would probably be close in the same price range or other dealers in the area....I have some recommendations.

Don't really need one as I got a Weber to wear out but thought that seemed like a pretty good price. Sounds like Sam's scored these on the gray market.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm

If you know how to BBQ, you don't have to waste $900 on something to do the work for you. Charcoal baby.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue May 28, 2013 6:09 am

Liberal wrote:If you know how to BBQ, you don't have to waste $900 on something to do the work for you. Charcoal baby.

Precise temperature control and the ability to cook for 16+ hours without intervening is where it is at for me. The Egg uses lump charcoal which is superior to briquettes...at a minimum switch to lump, less ash and greater heat.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies Tue May 28, 2013 8:26 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Liberal wrote:If you know how to BBQ, you don't have to waste $900 on something to do the work for you. Charcoal baby.

Precise temperature control and the ability to cook for 16+ hours without intervening is where it is at for me. The Egg uses lump charcoal which is superior to briquettes...at a minimum switch to lump, less ash and greater heat.
Electric smokers do that.
Twinkies
Twinkies

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue May 28, 2013 8:37 am

Twinkies wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Electric smokers do that.

Try your electric when it is 20 below wind chill. Natural lump gives off a light smokey flavor you won't get with electric. I am sure there are benefits and times when electric smokers can do an excellent job but they can't sear a steak at 800+ degrees.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 am

I've got an electric smoker and love it.

Made 40 lbs of pork loin a couple of weeks ago with it for the kids' graduation.

And, yes, I've smoked in the winter without problems. If anything, it's better as it will burn more often to keep up temperature.

Those egg things do look cool, though.

Just can't justify that kind of money for one.

Hey Twinks, you're loaded (half a mil per year). You should get one and tell us what YOU think of it.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue May 28, 2013 10:38 am

BladeRunner wrote:I've got an electric smoker and love it.

Made 40 lbs of pork loin a couple of weeks ago with it for the kids' graduation.

And, yes, I've smoked in the winter without problems. If anything, it's better as it will burn more often to keep up temperature.

Hey Twinks, you're loaded (half a mil per year). You should get one and tell us what YOU think of it.

That's a big load of loin!

Loin is soooo sensitive to over cooking...I pull mine at 135 internal temps and let it coast to 140 internal temps while resting. At about 160 internal temp it can be nailed to your shoes. Pork Butts are much more forgiving.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 28, 2013 11:03 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:I've got an electric smoker and love it.

That's a big load of loin!

Loin is soooo sensitive to over cooking...I pull mine at 135 internal temps and let it coast to 140 internal temps while resting. At about 160 internal temp it can be nailed to your shoes. Pork Butts are much more forgiving.

We ended up having plenty left over to vacuum pack and freeze for another day.

It did end up being a bit dry as I had to run errands in town......aka shopping with the wife......and we ALL know how long that can take.....

Anyway, the drippings worked great to moisten it up.

It was delish--used apple wood to smoke it with.

I've got some beef brisket I need to do pretty soon. If you've got some ideas on smoking that, let me know.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue May 28, 2013 11:09 am

I hate my electric smoker. It's a pain in the ass to set up, a pain in the ass to add more wood chunks to, a pain in the ass to check temperature of the meat and a pain in the ass to clean up. Haven't used it in years. It's a lot more convenient to smoke meat on my Weber gas grill.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:I hate my electric smoker. It's a pain in the ass to set up, a pain in the ass to add more wood chunks to, a pain in the ass to check temperature of the meat and a pain in the ass to clean up. Haven't used it in years. It's a lot more convenient to smoke meat on my Weber gas grill.

You've pretty much nailed it. It is much easier than an old fashion smoker, though.

The clean up is time consuming....

But sometimes we labor cuz we like to eat.......
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 28, 2013 11:19 am

I want to make one of these......

Grilled Pizza Tonight Pistol_bbq_gun_handgun_six_shooter_

I've got a smoker project already I haven't finished, though.

Using an old fuel oil tank I picked up. I'll be big enough to do a whole hog.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down