Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Confused18 wrote:
nightlight88 wrote: 
Confused18 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:
Confused18 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/26/hold-on-doma-wasnt-totally-thrown-out-heres-the-provision-that-could-lead-to-another-gay-marriage-battle/

Section 2, which was not considered by the Supreme Court in the Windsor case, declares that states and territories of the United States have the right to deny recognition of same-sex marriages that originated in other states or territories.

Same-sex couples face several major problems that arise from Section 2 of DOMA. If a same-sex couple is married in Vermont, for example, and moves to Pennsylvania, their marriage is no longer valid.

Sec. 2 reads, “No State, territory, or possession of the United States, or Indian tribe, shall be required to give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other State, territory, possession, or tribe respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other State, territory, possession, or tribe, or a right or claim arising from such relationship.”

Yes. That part was not acted upon. Do you think it should be? Do you think it will be?

No. Marriage is a SACRAMENT. Do you understand sacrament? It is NOT a function of government. It IS a function reserved solely to the synagogue and church. Next, you're going to want to force pastors and rabbis to perform your unnatural "marriages."

God have mercy on our nation. 3 "men" and 2 "women" have sold us to Satan.

Marriage is NOT a sacrament.  Marriage predates christianity dumb ass...  It's a legal binding contract, no more no less.  

Sacrament defined here>>>  https://www.google.com/search?q=sacrament+definition&oq=sacr&aqs=chrome.1.57j59j0l2j62l2.1681j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

try again...

Hey dumb ass, Marriage is a Jewish tradition that is an integral part of Christian traditions. There are alot of judaism in Christianity. That's why we use Jewish Holy Scriptures as a part of our own. BTW, I'll let you in on a secret...Judaism is the oldest faith currently existing. Christianity is a branch of Judaism.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............     WRONG....   Marriage also predates Judaism.  You really are a dumb ass.  You're the tipacle dumb fudge that wants to argue that the bible says this or that like it's the word of god, when in HISTORICAL FACT***  (keyword there is fact, I'm sure that's a dirty word for you too...) is that the bible is written by man.  It didn't magically appear....

You should learn some facts about your beloved bible and several other religions, and know your facts before you try to argue.

good luck with your next try...

Welcome to the forum sockpuppet.  

What was your name over in the cesspool?

I've never been on the other forum.  Twinkies here, told me that this is a place full of bigoted, homophobe, rightwing, nut jobs to go argue dumbshit with, when i'm bored at work.  It's quite amusing so far.  You hard core bible thumpers with no clue what it actually says, and means, are a blast to argue with.  (I use to be a theology major.)  

Also, any one want to point to the page in ANY bible where it DEFINES what marriage is?

So what? I used to tell the parents of the girls I was going to screw that night that I was  in pre-med. If you want to play this game what theology school let your sorry ass in ?

I was enrolled at USF for 3 years before I transferred.  I've studied 5 major religions in depth, and have my own conclusions drawn.   I now have sever degrees in both Philosophy and Law.  and NO I will not post them as I'm not going to tell you crazy MF's who I am.

Ooooh. A University!! I remember when USF was properly called a college. I went to a college as well, The College at the University of Chicago, alumnus '75. Majored in poli-sci. I suppose with the requisite Common Core (also know as the Great Books) I had a good dose of philosophy as well. Aristotle, Plato, Hume, Descartes, Hobbes, Rousseau, Locke, ...

Themistocles, Thucydides,
The Peloponnesian War,
X squared, Y squared,
H2SO4.
Who for? What for?
Who we gonna yell for?
GO, MAROONS!

So what tier law school did you attend? 3rd? 4th? I'm sure you weren't a Law Baby at U of C.

I went to Law School, at USD, I know, not Chi-town, but I grew up POOR... Alumnus only in 01 though... So you are pushing Roughly 55-60 years old then. Explains ALOT of the extreme conservatism, though I would think coming up through the hippy dippy era in the 70's you'd be more tolerant of other cultures...
Confused18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Win for the Gays

Post  pse1124 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am

Can the left please stop comparing gays to the struggle of blacks for equality. Maybe when queens get dogs put on them, and fire hoses, and get hanged for looking straight people in the eye, or made to sit at the back of the bus, or refused entry to restuarants, maybe we can start the discussion. But until then STFU. The only thing you can't do in some states is get married. And please can we stop this equal protection under the law bullcrap. Gay men are free to marry women, just like straight men are and the same goes for lesbos. They are free to marry men, just like other women are. There is no violation of equal protection here.

And since when should we tolerate the viewpoints of the gays, but they are free to be INtolerant of the viewpoints of christians. I don't remember anyone knocking a rainbow out of the hand of a gay person, but apparantly it's perfectly fine to knock crosses out of old ladies hands.
pse1124

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Confused18 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:05 am

pse1124 wrote:Can the left please stop comparing gays to the struggle of blacks for equality. Maybe when queens get dogs put on them, and fire hoses, and get hanged for looking straight people in the eye, or made to sit at the back of the bus, or refused entry to restuarants, maybe we can start the discussion. But until then STFU. The only thing you can't do in some states is get married. And please can we stop this equal protection under the law bullcrap. Gay men are free to marry women, just like straight men are and the same goes for lesbos. They are free to marry men, just like other women are. There is no violation of equal protection here.

And since when should we tolerate the viewpoints of the gays, but they are free to be INtolerant of the viewpoints of christians. I don't remember anyone knocking a rainbow out of the hand of a gay person, but apparantly it's perfectly fine to knock crosses out of old ladies hands.

Since when??? There are plenty GAY christians.... You can have it both ways you know...

The struggle is severe for the gays as well, maybe not as bad, but in the past when blacks were getting hanged, and beaten, so were gays, just not as often. I would say the black struggle was far harder, but lets not wipe an entire culture under the rug just out of convenience....
Confused18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:17 am

Confused18 wrote:

So you are pushing Roughly 55-60 years old then.   Explains ALOT of the extreme conservatism, though I would think coming up through the hippy dippy era in the 70's you'd be more tolerant of other cultures...  

So, you are adolescent brat then. Explains ALOT of your immaturity, though I think coming up through the liberal XGEN era in the 1990s you'd be a little more mature and you'd have more tolerance and respect for others older than you.

Sheesh.....if you want people to have serious conversation with you, grow up a little and stop bashing people because of their age.

ConfusedOne wrote:Since when??? There are plenty GAY christians.... You can have it both ways you know...

LOL....um, do you even realize what you just said?

Gay people are the ones that can't have it BOTH ways. Gay Christians?

Oxymoron.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:51 am

BladeRunner wrote:
So, you are adolescent brat then. Explains ALOT of your immaturity, though I think coming up through the liberal XGEN era in the 1990s you'd be a little more mature and you'd have more tolerance and respect for others older than you.

Sheesh.....if you want people to have serious conversation with you, grow up a little and stop bashing people because of their age.

Just because someone is older it doesnt make them right all the time.
Twinkies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:07 am

Twinkies wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Likewise, just because someone is young doesn't make them right all the time either.
Skeptical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:40 am

Twinkies wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

You are correct. But that's not what ConfusedOne said. He bashed because of age, no other reason.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Twinkies wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

You are correct. But that's not what ConfusedOne said. He bashed because of age, no other reason.
In his defense you are kind of old and dumb.

Very Happy 
Twinkies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 am

Twinkies wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

There is some truth in your statement.

Case in point: You are old and wrong most of the time.

nightlight88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Twinkies wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

There is some truth in your statement.

Case in point:  You are old and wrong most of the time.

haha
Twinkies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:11 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Can anyone answer a question I have?

Has the pastor over at GPLV ever called homosexuality a sin?

Is it too much to ask a grown man to do his own research? Here is a link that will lead you to the answer you're looking for:

www.google.com

Just Braying It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Confused18 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:24 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Confused18 wrote:

So you are pushing Roughly 55-60 years old then.   Explains ALOT of the extreme conservatism, though I would think coming up through the hippy dippy era in the 70's you'd be more tolerant of other cultures...  

ConfusedOne wrote:Since when??? There are plenty GAY christians.... You can have it both ways you know...

LOL....um, do you even realize what you just said?

Gay people are the ones that can't have it BOTH ways. Gay Christians?

Oxymoron.

I respect my elders when they earn my respect. You don't give respect out for free. I learn that from my elders. I wasn't bashing because of age, more of a light hearted jab at best, but if you're offended by that, you shouldn't be on the internet, there is MUCH worse. My respect is earned no more or less. For some one with some years under your belt you should understand that. It's what's allowed me the life I lead today.

I was actually being serious about the comment on coming up in the hippy-dippy time period. Piece, love, and understanding, was what they were slinging in those days yes???
Confused18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Can anyone answer a question I have?

Has the pastor over at GPLV ever called homosexuality a sin?

Is it too much to ask a grown man to do his own research? Here is a link that will lead you to the answer you're looking for:

www.google.com

You miss the point entirely (yet again).

I want to know HIS opinion. I want to know what HIS answer is.

I already know the TRUE answer.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Confused18 wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Confused18 wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Confused18 wrote:I went to Law School, at USD, I know, not Chi-town, but I grew up POOR...  Alumnus only in 01 though...  So you are pushing Roughly 55-60 years old then.   Explains ALOT of the extreme conservatism, though I would think coming up through the hippy dippy era in the 70's you'd be more tolerant of other cultures...  

Has mama changed your diapers recently? They sure smell funny from here.

I'm 52, and you KNOW what Churchill said about politics. Oh wait a minute. I forgot you ate a victim of public "education."

Here's what Churchill said: The 20 year old Conservative has no heart. The 30 year old liberal has no brain.

I was brought up in the 60s in Missouri and the 70s in South Dakota. No hippies in either place.Razz
sodaknomad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Twinkies wrote:Just because someone is older it doesnt make them right all the time.  

With age comes experience. Old liberals refused to acquire that experience.
sodaknomad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:43 pm

As Ronald Reagen said: "the problem with democrats is they are just plain wrong" or something similar.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:As Ronald Reagen said: "the problem with democrats is they are just plain wrong" or something similar.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
sodaknomad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Confused18 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 pm

We have a 7 page pissing contest on gay marriage, and I can't even spark a discussion about a REAL issue that effects us all...

http://justsayingit.forumotion.com/t719-monsanto-a-real-issue-in-the-usa

Is this just a site to bash liberals, or should we actually talk about something that matters???????????????
Confused18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Confused18 wrote:We have a 7 page pissing contest on gay marriage, and I can't even spark a discussion about a REAL issue that effects us all...  

Is this just a site to bash liberals, or should we actually talk about something that matters???????????????

I like your issue to discuss. I am not as knowledgeable about it, so will need to do some research. Nothing worse than discussing a topic I know nothing about.

I will say one thing about it, though. I think the immigration issue is as if not more important than the Monsanto issue and very detrimental to our society.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Confused18 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:43 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Confused18 wrote:We have a 7 page pissing contest on gay marriage, and I can't even spark a discussion about a REAL issue that effects us all...  

I like your issue to discuss. I am not as knowledgeable about it, so will need to do some research. Nothing worse than discussing a topic I know nothing about.

I will say one thing about it, though. I think the immigration issue is as if not more important than the Monsanto issue and very detrimental to our society.

I'm in the same boat as you, but with the immigration. I need to do more research on it. There's gotta be a better way than what we are doing now.
Confused18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Confused18 wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you, but with the immigration.  I need to do more research on it.  There's gotta be a better way than what we are doing now.

The only problem with our immigration laws is the government refusal to follow the laws for political pandering. Otherwise they have worked like a charm for 200+ years.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Confused18 wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Confused18 wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Confused18 wrote:
nightlight88 wrote: 
Confused18 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:
Confused18 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/26/hold-on-doma-wasnt-totally-thrown-out-heres-the-provision-that-could-lead-to-another-gay-marriage-battle/

Section 2, which was not considered by the Supreme Court in the Windsor case, declares that states and territories of the United States have the right to deny recognition of same-sex marriages that originated in other states or territories.

Same-sex couples face several major problems that arise from Section 2 of DOMA. If a same-sex couple is married in Vermont, for example, and moves to Pennsylvania, their marriage is no longer valid.

Sec. 2 reads, “No State, territory, or possession of the United States, or Indian tribe, shall be required to give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other State, territory, possession, or tribe respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other State, territory, possession, or tribe, or a right or claim arising from such relationship.”

Yes. That part was not acted upon. Do you think it should be? Do you think it will be?

No. Marriage is a SACRAMENT. Do you understand sacrament? It is NOT a function of government. It IS a function reserved solely to the synagogue and church. Next, you're going to want to force pastors and rabbis to perform your unnatural "marriages."

God have mercy on our nation. 3 "men" and 2 "women" have sold us to Satan.

Marriage is NOT a sacrament.  Marriage predates christianity dumb ass...  It's a legal binding contract, no more no less.  

Sacrament defined here>>>  https://www.google.com/search?q=sacrament+definition&oq=sacr&aqs=chrome.1.57j59j0l2j62l2.1681j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

try again...

Hey dumb ass, Marriage is a Jewish tradition that is an integral part of Christian traditions. There are alot of judaism in Christianity. That's why we use Jewish Holy Scriptures as a part of our own. BTW, I'll let you in on a secret...Judaism is the oldest faith currently existing. Christianity is a branch of Judaism.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............     WRONG....   Marriage also predates Judaism.  You really are a dumb ass.  You're the tipacle dumb fudge that wants to argue that the bible says this or that like it's the word of god, when in HISTORICAL FACT***  (keyword there is fact, I'm sure that's a dirty word for you too...) is that the bible is written by man.  It didn't magically appear....

You should learn some facts about your beloved bible and several other religions, and know your facts before you try to argue.

good luck with your next try...

Welcome to the forum sockpuppet.  

What was your name over in the cesspool?

I've never been on the other forum.  Twinkies here, told me that this is a place full of bigoted, homophobe, rightwing, nut jobs to go argue dumbshit with, when i'm bored at work.  It's quite amusing so far.  You hard core bible thumpers with no clue what it actually says, and means, are a blast to argue with.  (I use to be a theology major.)  

Also, any one want to point to the page in ANY bible where it DEFINES what marriage is?

So what? I used to tell the parents of the girls I was going to screw that night that I was  in pre-med. If you want to play this game what theology school let your sorry ass in ?

I was enrolled at USF for 3 years before I transferred.  I've studied 5 major religions in depth, and have my own conclusions drawn.   I now have sever degrees in both Philosophy and Law.  and NO I will not post them as I'm not going to tell you crazy MF's who I am.

Ooooh. A University!! I remember when USF was properly called a college. I went to a college as well, The College at the University of Chicago, alumnus '75. Majored in poli-sci. I suppose with the requisite Common Core (also know as the Great Books) I had a good dose of philosophy as well. Aristotle, Plato, Hume, Descartes, Hobbes, Rousseau, Locke, ...

Themistocles, Thucydides,
The Peloponnesian War,
X squared, Y squared,
H2SO4.
Who for? What for?
Who we gonna yell for?
GO, MAROONS!

So what tier law school did you attend? 3rd? 4th? I'm sure you weren't a Law Baby at U of C.

I went to Law School, at USD, I know, not Chi-town, but I grew up POOR...  Alumnus only in 01 though...  So you are pushing Roughly 55-60 years old then.   Explains ALOT of the extreme conservatism, though I would think coming up through the hippy dippy era in the 70's you'd be more tolerant of other cultures...  

I grew up poor too. There was no way I could have afforded U of C without their scholarships. While not a free ride they covered maybe 80% - 90% of my expenses. The rest were loans, work study and summer jobs. But you also have to be able to get accepted and maintain your grades. Slackers need not apply. After all the unofficial school motto is "Where Fun Comes to Die"

Hippies were mainly into being against the Vietnam War, smoking dope, sex and living off of their parents. I tried being a hippie and had the first two attributes down but to do Hippie properly you had to have had parents with some means to sponge off of. My mom didn't have jack. The women at U of C were best described as scary although if you were high enough it didn't matter and they were sexually aggressive.

My conservatism is best explained by my starting and running my own business for 30 some years. My politics took a real shift from my beginnings as a McGovern Democrat to a registered Republican when Daschle And Johnson reneged on their support for a balanced budget amendment and voted against it in 1995 causing it to lose by 1 vote. I'll never forgive those assholes for that treachery.

As for gays, I had numerous gay friends at school and lived in San Francisco one summer when the gay movement was just starting to happen. I'm tolerant of gays, whatever floats your boat is fine by me but I don't believe they bring anything to the institution of marriage. Now I've got that asshole Kennedy lecturing me that just because I oppose gay marriage I'm full of hate and meanness. fudge him and anybody else that thinks that.
Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 pm

We were so poor we had to eat our cereal with a fork, just so we could have milk for my sisters and brothers.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jhanso18 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 pm

......................................................................................................................................................

Last edited by jhanso18 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

jhanso18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Confused18 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 am

jhanso18 wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Hippies were mainly into being against the Vietnam War, smoking dope, sex and living off of their parents. I tried being a hippie and had the first two attributes down but to do Hippie properly you had to have had parents with some means to sponge off of. My mom didn't have jack. The women at U of C were best described as scary although if you were high enough it didn't matter and they were sexually aggressive.

My conservatism is best explained by my starting and running my own business for 30 some years.  My politics took a real shift from my beginnings as a McGovern Democrat to a registered Republican when Daschle And Johnson reneged on their support for a balanced budget amendment and voted against it in 1995 causing it to lose by 1 vote. I'll never forgive those assholes for that treachery.

As for gays, I had numerous gay friends at school and lived in San Francisco one summer when the gay movement was just starting to happen. I'm tolerant of gays, whatever floats your boat is fine by me but I don't believe they bring anything to the institution of marriage. Now I've got that asshole Kennedy lecturing me that just because I oppose gay marriage I'm full of hate and meanness. fudge him and anybody else that thinks that.

I can appreciate that.  That's where I get my conservative side as well.  I started to see the light of democrat fiscal policy when I started my first business about 8 years ago.  Since then I've done quite a bit of changing both spiritually and morally.

I would pose this question then, if you oppose gay marriage, then how do you feel about some sort of civil union, where you have all the same legal rights, but it's strictly a govt issue thing.  Keep it out of the church...

I think it's the same difference, and you're not going to be able to appease both sides this way...

Gomezz, that's pretty cool stuff. I don't think we are so far apart on our views, I'm just a bit more liberal...
Confused18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top