les Miserables

Go down

les Miserables

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Watched les Miserables last night. Love and revolution makes for a really great story but I found the movie grating on several points. I know it's a musical but do we really have to sing all the dialogue which was especially painful because many of the actors couldn't hold a tune in the shower. The movie swings for the fences casting a lot of big name actors who try to sing instead of singers who can act.  Anne Hathaway, who won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar, was in the movie for all of about 40 minutes. Huh? That's worth an Oscar? Then there was the disconcerting Australian/English accents of Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Eddie Redmayne and Daniel Huttlestone playing French characters in what is supposed to be a story covering the multiple revolutions in France during the early 1800's. WTF? Lot's of great songs with great production especially "Do You Hear the People Sing". All in all it was a good movie carried mostly by Hugo's fascinating story. I'd give it a 3.5 out 5.

Gomezz Adddams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: les Miserables

Post  BladeRunner on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

I thought the same thing about Hathaway getting that Oscar.

But then, I am never impressed with the Oscars. Movie stars voting for movie stars.
BladeRunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down