Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Darth Cheney on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:18 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Received a letter from Stace asking for donations. In it he talked about how great farmers are and he will protect our Second Amendment rights...

What Second Amendment rights?  The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on our Natural Rights not the government granting rights.  I can't vote for someone who doesn't even understand the basics of the Bill of Rights.

Stace Nelson is a loose cannon.  I have watched him for the past few years and he is a blowhard using veterans as a playing chip.  If you don't agree with his position he will call you anti-American and anti-Veteran.

He was chastised a couple years ago by the Speaker of the House for being obnoxious and un-professional and was moved to the front of the classroom and virtually ignored for a week.

His past actions have made him a pariah in the House and he has difficulty getting support for his bills.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy personally and have conversed with him many times but this election for the Senate is too valuable to chance it on Stace Nelson.  Too many skeletons in the closet.
So far every politician is a complete and utter moron. They all say the same things (fiscal conservative, strong defense, hate government spending, love smaller government) and probably don't believe in any of them. I swear the only reason Rounds is running is so he can get all his relatives re-hired.  Instead of voting...I'll just stay home and reload. In the end, it will be a much better use of my time. The system is broken and morons are deciding our future.
Darth Cheney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:So far every politician is a complete and utter moron. They all say the same things (fiscal conservative, strong defense, hate government spending, love smaller government) and probably don't believe in any of them. I swear the only reason Rounds is running is so he can get all his relatives re-hired.  Instead of voting...I'll just stay home and reload. In the end, it will be a much better use of my time. The system is broken and morons are deciding our future.

Politicians derserve two terms. One in office and one in prison.
sodaknomad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:43 pm

sodaknomad wrote:

Politicians derserve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

Your comment applies to the vast majority of politicians.  However, we should recognize there are a few dedicated politicians who are not self-serving egomaniacs that truly try to represent their constituents.  I think Representative Steve King over in NW Iowa is one example.  I think he is a pretty good guy.

There are also some people who are truly trying to be public servants and not career politicians.  Many of these people have come out of the TEA Party movement in the last few years.  I perceive Stace Nelson to be one of these people.

Unfortunately, many of these individuals lack the experience or the "polish" to compete on the same level with these career politicians with the "silver tongues".  As a result, they are often unfairly painted far worse than they deserve.  I sincerely think many of them that make mistakes with their actions and words are extremely well intended like Representative Nelson.

That is why I am more than willing to cut them a lot of slack and try to support them the best that I can.  I know that Representative Nelson has an almost impossible challenge facing him and personally wish he would have sat the US Senate race out and focused on the state legislature.  He has probably bitten off more than he can chew.  However, that is exactly why conservatives should support him every chance we get and not turn on him.

The other thing we have to recognize is that if other good conservatives who are thinking of trying to enter politics without any prior experience see conservatives like Nelson get torn apart, they are probably not going to get involved.   That is not beneficial in any way to our cause.  I don't think we can afford to have any of these perspective conservative candidates see anything other than conservatives strongly supporting people like Stace Nelson, even if many of his wounds are "self-inflicted.
Jammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum