Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oktoberfest Beer

2 posters

Go down

Oktoberfest Beer Empty Oktoberfest Beer

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:33 pm

I love this time of year for sampling all the Oktoberfest beers that are available. I had a couple of excellent ones last night at German Fest downtown last night. The first was a traditional Märzen by Spaten, their Oktoberfestbier Ur-Märzen. Delicious although they got too much of a head on it. Then the wife and I switched to a Chicago brewery, Goose Island with their attempt at a Märzen style beer.It's been 5 years since GI brewed an Oktoberfest beer and damn if it wasn't better than the German beer.

I finally found some Summit Oktoberfest in the stores and I really, really enjoy their version. However the best that can be found around here has to be Ayinger's Märzen. Could only find single 16oz bottles, but worth the $3 to sample it.

drunken drunken drunken 
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Oktoberfest Beer Empty Re: Oktoberfest Beer

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:I love this time of year for sampling all the Oktoberfest beers that are available. I had a couple of excellent ones last night at German Fest downtown last night. The first was a traditional Märzen by Spaten, their Oktoberfestbier Ur-Märzen. Delicious although they got too much of a head on it. Then the wife and I switched to a Chicago brewery, Goose Island with their attempt at a Märzen style beer.It's been 5 years since GI brewed an Oktoberfest beer and damn if it wasn't better than the German beer.

I finally found some Summit Oktoberfest in the stores and I really, really enjoy their version. However the best that can be found around here has to be Ayinger's Märzen. Could only find single 16oz bottles, but worth the $3 to sample it.

drunken drunken drunken 
You should try Pabst Blue Ribbon once your beer tasting buds get refined.Razz
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down