Nick's Gyros???

Go down

Nick's Gyros??? Empty Nick's Gyros???

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Read repeated slobbering over Nick's Gyros on the site that shall not be named...Nick's Gyros!!! They used to use something that could possibly be real meat but now have a log of spam they slice. It has been 8 months maybe since I ate there but I vowed never again. Terrible...terrible!!!

You know who you are!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Nick's Gyros??? Empty Re: Nick's Gyros???

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Read repeated slobbering over Nick's Gyros on the site that shall not be named...Nick's Gyros!!! They used to use something that could possibly be real meat but now have a log of spam they slice. It has been 8 months maybe since I ate there but I vowed never again. Terrible...terrible!!!

You know who you are!

I have not been there in quite a while. The last time I liked it, but according to you it has gone down hill.

Although, I don't mind Spam...but not going to pay for it in a gyro.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Read repeated slobbering over Nick's Gyros on the site that shall not be named...Nick's Gyros!!! They used to use something that could possibly be real meat but now have a log of spam they slice. It has been 8 months maybe since I ate there but I vowed never again. Terrible...terrible!!!

You know who you are!

I have not been there in quite a while. The last time I liked it, but according to you it has gone down hill.

Actually, I kind of like spam...fried.
Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmm

I have had the real Gyros with meat slabs stacked with onions on a rod...very tasty. Last time I was at Nick's they were loading up some pre-processed log that looked like Spam and in my opinion tasted worse. I am as bad a food critic as I am movie critic. I also don't mean to disparage Nick's Gyros, just stating what I saw and tasted. My advice to them would serve something that will encourage people to come back again and again rather then giving them some pre-processed log-o-something.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

You know who you are!

Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmm

I have had the real Gyros with meat slabs stacked with onions on a rod...very tasty. Last time I was at Nick's they were loading up some pre-processed log that looked like Spam and in my opinion tasted worse. I am as bad a food critic as I am movie critic. I also don't mean to disparage Nick's Gyros, just stating what I saw and tasted. My advice to them would serve something that will encourage people to come back again and again rather then giving them some pre-processed log-o-something.

I love spam fried!

As far as Nicks, as far back as I can remember they had meat on a log. I moved here 26 years ago and went to their place when it was next to Target.

Are you saying the "log" is now different? From what I remember, it's a log rotating vertically being warmed/cooked. They shave it off, fry it up, and put it on a gyro "plate" or "sandwich.

I am not sure what the meat is, I think I heard once it's a mix of beef and goat, but could be wrong about that.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

You know who you are!

Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmm

I love spam fried!

As far as Nicks, as far back as I can remember they had meat on a log. I moved here 26 years ago and went to their place when it was next to Target.

Are you saying the "log" is now different? From what I remember, it's a log rotating vertically being warmed/cooked. They shave it off, fry it up, and put it on a gyro "plate" or "sandwich.

I am not sure what the meat is, I think I heard once it's a mix of beef and goat, but could be wrong about that.

Yes, the meat log is different and pre-processed. Heck, mayb they went back to real meat. Gomezz will have to give us the scoop.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri May 03, 2013 8:39 pm

I saw some Gyro meat packaged at Franklins and it did look like the log-o-meat I saw at Nick's Gyros so perhaps I was unfair. I am used to having meat-meat on the rotisserie being carved onto a sandwich not log-o-meat.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri May 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

You know who you are!

Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmm

I love spam fried!

Yes, the meat log is different and pre-processed. Heck, mayb they went back to real meat. Gomezz will have to give us the scoop.

Nick's used to use Kronos meat out of Chicago. Best gyro meat (beef & lamb) in the US. They even invented the vertical broiler it's cooked on. Haven't eaten there in a long time. Don't want to clog the heart stents. affraid

http://www.kronosproducts.com/p-meats1.html#467
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever on Wed May 15, 2013 3:24 pm

I love to make "meat puppets" out of spam.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum