Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoker Box for Weber Grill

3 posters

Go down

Smoker Box for Weber Grill Empty Smoker Box for Weber Grill

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Yeah, I know "real" smokers use a Green Egg and lump charcoal, but i already had this really nice Weber grill. I enjoy twiddling with my knobs (get your mind out of the gutter) and have used aluminum foil packets with soaked wood chips for the last 5 years or so. On my last trip to Omaha in April I bought this smoker box

Smoker Box for Weber Grill Smoker10

from Sur La Table and have had decent results with soaked wood chips. It really is designed for use with pellets but their price was beyond crazy, $15 for this little box. I ended up buying a huge 20# bag of Traeger pellets at Costco for $14. Boy these work awesome! They get to smoking stage really, really fast (you don't have to soak them) and after a short learning experience with the knobs and damn near setting the house on fire, I got huge volumes of smoke out of the box. Plus I can refill it with a handy dandy funnel without fumbling with hot grates. Love it  cheers 
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Smoker Box for Weber Grill Empty Re: Smoker Box for Weber Grill

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 am

That doesn't look like meat on that grill! /Ron Swanson
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 pm

I made my own smoker box for my gas grill by taking an old frying pan I no longer used, and placing it right on the burner.

Works pretty good.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down