Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party

+2
Shortie's Ex
Gomezz Adddams
6 posters

Go down

Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party Empty Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:13 pm

.... called Madville Times (I figure this was good as any place to post about other blogs/forums of a Liberal/Progressive nature).

Poster Jerry tries to school Don Coyote, aka gomezz adddams, about the economics of Obamacare and goes down in flames.

Don Coyote:

"@bearcreekbat Seriously? A multiplier of 5? Even the vaunted Obama economic stimulus of '09 promised only a multiplier of 4 and probably delivered less than 1. Some economists eventually calculated a negative stimulus once all the data was in. Good laugh. Thanks."

Jerry replies:

"Don Coyote, the stimulus package set forth by the Obama economic plan of '09 was indeed set at high marks and would have achieved that and much more had it all been put into play. I am not sure that you quite understand that your party pitched such a bitch about this that much of the stimulus was left on the table along with the hoped for second phase of the stimulus.

I think I am more comfortable with the figures that bearcreekbat has put forth than your very amusing use of "some economists eventually calculated a negative stimulus once all the data was in". I find that to be what is known as a huge belly laugh. Bless your heart for trying though.

Side note, please note the "some economists" you quote. Remember they must be legit, not your drinking buddies"

What Jerry conveniently forgets is that,

1) the $830B Obama stimulus passed a Democrat controlled Senate with 61 votes which means that some Republican Senators supported it.

And

2) The damn thing originally started life at around $600B, morphed into $770B and then through the power of Congressional Christmas Tree decorating ended up as $830B. That is what is called "pitching a bitch" over in Koolaid Land.

Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party Koolai10

And Jerry a multiplier of 5 (as bearcat suggests) is unheard of in Keynesian economics. Even Uber Liberal Economist Paul Krugman thought a multiplier of 2 was as good as it would get with the "O" Stimulus. Hell he even thought only $600B would be needed to pull the country out the recession.

Paul Krugman Nov 10, 2008, New York Times:

"So we need a fiscal stimulus big enough to close a 7% output gap. Remember, if the stimulus is too big, it does much less harm than if it’s too small. What’s the multiplier? Better, we hope, than on the early-2008 package. But you’d be hard pressed to argue for an overall multiplier as high as 2.

When I put all this together, I conclude that the stimulus package should be at least 4% of GDP, or $600 billion."

Class dismissed.

study study study
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party Empty Re: Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Gomezz I tried to find this forum and this post, but couldn't find it.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party Empty Re: Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:Gomezz I tried to find this forum and this post, but couldn't find it.

So what is your point?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:Gomezz I tried to find this forum and this post, but couldn't find it.

http://madvilletimes.com/

Head PoohBah is Corey Heidelberger. Great fun in the Liberal Fever Swamp! bounce
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Does anyone have another Internet forum we can talk about? I'm getting bored not having the gossip we had with the GPLGVH site.

Perhaps Darth can link one of his monkey sex video sites or maybe nightlight can share one of her homemaking sites.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 am

Liberal wrote:Does anyone have another Internet forum we can talk about? I'm getting bored not having the gossip we had with the GPLGVH site.

Perhaps Darth can link one of his monkey sex video sites or maybe nightlight can share one of her homemaking sites.

I bet there is someone here with better computer skills than I have who will post a video "hit the road Jack"

nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Liberal wrote:Does anyone have another Internet forum we can talk about? I'm getting bored not having the gossip we had with the GPLGVH site.

I bet there is someone here with better computer skills than I have who will post a video "hit the road Jack"

How do you know Liberal's name is "Jack' ?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Skeptical wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

How do you know Liberal's name is "Jack' ?

It's not Jack.......its......

Meanwhile Back at the Koolaid Party 3423955186
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down