Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ag Bubble has POPPED!!

4 posters

Go down

Ag Bubble has POPPED!! Empty Ag Bubble has POPPED!!

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:13 pm

I don't know where this belongs, so I am going to put it here.

I would like to refer all future farmer bashing, as it pertains to me, to this thread.  

I have had a lot of fun over the last 10-15 years, but all good things eventually come to an end.  I feel the ag industry is on the brink of disaster and I have decided to chip up and walk away.  I am drastically cutting back my operation and my wife and I are going to use a small part of our working capital to start another business and save the rest for a rainy day.

This move is something I have always anticipated would happen, I just didn't know when.  It started over the summer when I started talking to my landowners about how the markets were tanking and a major adjustment may be in store for next year.  They all gave me an attitude like I owed it to them to gut it out because I had so many good years.  B.S.  I don't owe them anything.  If they wanted to make the money they should have farmed it themselves.  It's not just them either.  Fertilizer, chemical, seed, equipment repairs, all skyrocketed during the bubble and are in no mood to get off the gravy train.  Talk about a feeling of "entitlement".   Rolling Eyes   Well, I'm nobody's fukcing puppet.  Everybody looks at you like "What are you going to do about it?  You can't just quit."  Watch me.  Luckily for me I kept out of the pissing match with my neighbors over who could keep the freshest paint, and my equipment is all paid off.

Anyways, no need to ramble on.  Just know that you can save your "farmer welfare" rhetoric for someone else.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Ag Bubble has POPPED!! Empty Re: Ag Bubble has POPPED!!

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I don't know where this belongs, so I am going to put it here.

I would like to refer all future farmer bashing, as it pertains to me, to this thread.  

I have had a lot of fun over the last 10-15 years, but all good things eventually come to an end.  I feel the ag industry is on the brink of disaster and I have decided to chip up and walk away.  I am drastically cutting back my operation and my wife and I are going to use a small part of our working capital to start another business and save the rest for a rainy day.

This move is something I have always anticipated would happen, I just didn't know when.  It started over the summer when I started talking to my landowners about how the markets were tanking and a major adjustment may be in store for next year.  They all gave me an attitude like I owed it to them to gut it out because I had so many good years.  B.S.  I don't owe them anything.  If they wanted to make the money they should have farmed it themselves.  It's not just them either.  Fertilizer, chemical, seed, equipment repairs, all skyrocketed during the bubble and are in no mood to get off the gravy train.  Talk about a feeling of "entitlement".   Rolling Eyes     Well, I'm nobody's fukcing puppet.  Everybody looks at you like "What are you going to do about it?  You can't just quit."  Watch me.  Luckily for me I kept out of the pissing match with my neighbors over who could keep the freshest paint, and my equipment is all paid off.

Anyways, no need to ramble on.  Just know that you can save your "farmer welfare" rhetoric for someone else.

Woh, woh, woh! From the "School of Do as I Say, Not as I Do":  "Money put into savings does nothing for the economy, and they felt it would be a while before people started to spend their new found wealth.  Again proving my point about the necessity of liquidity."

https://justsayingit.forumotion.com/t1405p15-cheap-gas#11828

Ag Bubble has POPPED!! 2177933211
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:30 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

This move is something I have always anticipated would happen, I just didn't know when.  It started over the summer when I started talking to my landowners about how the markets were tanking and a major adjustment may be in store for next year.  They all gave me an attitude like I owed it to them to gut it out because I had so many good years.  B.S.  I don't owe them anything.  If they wanted to make the money they should have farmed it themselves.  It's not just them either.  Fertilizer, chemical, seed, equipment repairs, all skyrocketed during the bubble and are in no mood to get off the gravy train.  Talk about a feeling of "entitlement".   Rolling Eyes     Well, I'm nobody's fukcing puppet.  Everybody looks at you like "What are you going to do about it?  You can't just quit."  Watch me.  Luckily for me I kept out of the pissing match with my neighbors over who could keep the freshest paint, and my equipment is all paid off.

Woh, woh, woh! From the "School of Do as I Say, Not as I Do":  "Money put into savings does nothing for the economy, and they felt it would be a while before people started to spend their new found wealth.  Again proving my point about the necessity of liquidity."

My first job is to provide for my family, this merely adds a nice safety net. There is a huge difference between a few hundred thousand and a few hundred million. You're going to have to try harder. Sorry.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

My first job is to provide for my family, this merely adds a nice safety net.  There is a huge difference between a few hundred thousand and a few hundred million.  You're going to have to try harder.  Sorry.

Just as the first responsibility of any CEO, company President, entrepeneuer, businessman etc is to provide for the financial well being of his company and it's partners/stockholders. By retaining earnings they provide a safety net for tough times, capital for expansion or loans for others who may wish to take the risk to invest in a venture. Whether it be a millionaire or in your case a hundredaire, according to Keynesian theory (the claptrap economics that you unwittingly have espoused) you are both engaging in the Paradox of Thrift and denying the economy monetary circulation (not liquidity as you are fond of saying) causing a collapse of aggregate demand. In fact since consumer spending comprises 70% of the economy, it is you and your ilk who do greater harm to the economy, not the Corporate Leviathans. affraid

Ag Bubble has POPPED!! 2177933211 Ag Bubble has POPPED!! 2177933211 Ag Bubble has POPPED!! 2177933211
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

My first job is to provide for my family, this merely adds a nice safety net.  There is a huge difference between a few hundred thousand and a few hundred million.  You're going to have to try harder.  Sorry.

Just as the first responsibility of any CEO, company President, entrepeneuer, businessman etc is to provide for the financial well being of his company and it's partners/stockholders. By retaining earnings they provide a safety net for tough times, capital for expansion or loans for others who may wish to take the risk to invest in a venture. Whether it be a millionaire or in your case a hundredaire, according to Keynesian theory (the claptrap economics that you unwittingly have espoused) you are both engaging in the Paradox of Thrift and denying the economy monetary circulation (not liquidity as you are fond of saying) causing a collapse of aggregate demand. In fact since consumer spending comprises 70% of the economy, it is you and your ilk who do greater harm to the economy, not the Corporate Leviathans. affraid

Ag Bubble has POPPED!! 2177933211 Ag Bubble has POPPED!! 2177933211 Ag Bubble has POPPED!! 2177933211

If my cash reserves vs. my annual expenditures set the bar for everyone in the nation as to how much cash we could hoard our economy world be vastly improved.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:00 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

If my cash reserves vs. my annual expenditures set the bar for everyone in the nation as to how much cash we could hoard our economy world be vastly improved.

But since you are "drastically cutting back" your annual expenditures (aggregate demand) are going to plummet. According to your crappy economics you'll just be sitting on a mattress of cash or forgetting where you buryied in your garden.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:59 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

But since you are "drastically cutting back" your annual expenditures (aggregate demand) are going to plummet. According to your crappy economics you'll just be sitting on a mattress of cash or forgetting where you buryied in your garden.

I am actually drastically cuttingcutting back on my cash reserves as well to tie up lose ends with my operating note.  The amount I have left is nominal considering a fresh startup which will likely require some working capital of it's own.  Not to mention the fact that my personal bills aren't going anywhere.  Everyone needs a nominal amount of money in savings to feel comfortable spending money.  As I said, if I set the bar on cash hoarding we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:27 am

Good thinking Doc. Get out or cutback before you lose your shirt and ass. I rode a sinking ship right into the scrap pile once. So far as going bankrupt to support the economy--fudge the economy I come first. The Ag Bubble is another example of how the money changers in the temple operate. I learned my lesson. I bunkered up, found a couple of jobs that paid extremely well and salted a big big amount of it, IN A BOX not in a Bank. The Government can't extort it because they can't get it. I stopped borrowing money, live in a small ordinary house and drive junk. fudge the Banks, fudge the Republicans, fudge the Democrats. I look out for Number One.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Alleycat wrote:Good thinking Doc. Get out or cutback before you lose your shirt and ass. I rode a sinking ship right into the scrap pile once.  So far as going bankrupt to  support the economy--fudge the economy I come first.   The Ag Bubble is another example of how the money changers in the temple operate.  I learned my lesson. I bunkered up, found a couple of jobs that paid extremely well and salted a big big amount of it, IN A BOX not in a Bank. The Government can't extort it because they can't get it. I stopped borrowing money, live in a small ordinary house and drive junk. fudge the Banks, fudge the Republicans, fudge the Democrats. I look out for Number One.

I'm all in favor of self-interest; Adam Smith's invisible hand, Locke's pursuit of property and Jefferson's pursuit of happiness. However that isn't what Jones is advocating in his cobbled together economic philosphy. He wants to claim the right to those principles, those natural rights but deny them to others in his next breath. He believes in arbitrary lines limiting people to how much they can earn and save; limits that he himself never violates but others with more than him obviously are. He believes in Big Government coercing those that have more than him so as to redistribute their wealth to others with he himself not above glomming on to the biggest teat. Taking license with a Kris Kristofferson song, "He's a walking contradiction, lacking truth and mostly fiction, Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home."
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Alleycat wrote:Good thinking Doc. Get out or cutback before you lose your shirt and ass. I rode a sinking ship right into the scrap pile once.  So far as going bankrupt to  support the economy--fudge the economy I come first.   The Ag Bubble is another example of how the money changers in the temple operate.  I learned my lesson. I bunkered up, found a couple of jobs that paid extremely well and salted a big big amount of it, IN A BOX not in a Bank. The Government can't extort it because they can't get it. I stopped borrowing money, live in a small ordinary house and drive junk. fudge the Banks, fudge the Republicans, fudge the Democrats. I look out for Number One.

I'm all in favor of self-interest; Adam Smith's invisible hand, Locke's pursuit of property and Jefferson's pursuit of happiness. However that isn't what Jones is advocating in his cobbled together economic philosphy. He wants to claim the right to those principles, those natural rights but deny them to others in his next breath.  He believes in arbitrary lines limiting people to how much they can earn and save; limits that he himself never violates but others with more than him obviously are. He believes in Big Government coercing those that have more than him so as to redistribute their wealth to others with he himself not above glomming on to the biggest teat. Taking license with a Kris Kristofferson song, "He's a walking contradiction, lacking truth and mostly fiction, Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home."

Just wait until he experiences the real business world where the government doesn't come running handing out low interest loans and subsidized insurance. Save the tractor doc...it is a dog eat dog world out here.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I'm all in favor of self-interest; Adam Smith's invisible hand, Locke's pursuit of property and Jefferson's pursuit of happiness. However that isn't what Jones is advocating in his cobbled together economic philosphy. He wants to claim the right to those principles, those natural rights but deny them to others in his next breath.  He believes in arbitrary lines limiting people to how much they can earn and save; limits that he himself never violates but others with more than him obviously are. He believes in Big Government coercing those that have more than him so as to redistribute their wealth to others with he himself not above glomming on to the biggest teat. Taking license with a Kris Kristofferson song, "He's a walking contradiction, lacking truth and mostly fiction, Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home."

Just wait until he experiences the real business world where the government doesn't come running handing out low interest loans and subsidized insurance. Save the tractor doc...it is a dog eat dog world out here.

I wondered who would be the first brain freeze to come up with that little gem.  It appears we have a winner. cheers  Well now is your chance to put your money where your mouth is.  There are a short 2000 acres available for you to latch onto the government teat.  The business we are looking at will be a breeze compared to farming.  But then you will find that out soon enough when you take the plunge.

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:48 pm

I appreciate your vote of confidence on this. A lot of people here think I am crazy for doing what I did. Probably because they are scared I'm right. I don't know if I'm right but I'm certainly not going to find out the hard way.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:11 pm

It's been nearly three years and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I don't know if the shiit will hit the fan yet this winter, but we are getting really close I believe. I've already had two people I know bow out before this last season. It's only going to get worse. The most disgusting part is that this is all self inflicted for most. Farmers will end up selling land that they own to cover what they gave away on rented land. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/news/article/2017/11/20/bankers-gearing-difficult

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down