Gonorrhea cases more than double in S.D.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gonorrhea cases more than double in S.D. Empty Gonorrhea cases more than double in S.D.

Post  Skeptical on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Gonorrhea cases in South Dakota more than doubled since 2009, while syphilis has gone from just a handful of cases to dozens.

Chlamydia, the most common sexually transmitted disease, was up 25 percent last year from 2013.

They are among the diseases monitored by the South Dakota Department of Health, which released statistics this week on the prevalence of infectious diseases. They show a steady, and in some cases dramatic, increase in STDs over the years

“Now we’ve got one of the highest syphilis rates in the country,” said state epidemiologist Lon Kightlinger.

Kightlinger theorizes that the increase in STDs over the last few years corresponds to social media and the Internet, which has made it easier for people to find anonymous sex partners.

Perhaps this indicates there is a need for a medically and scientifically correct comprehensive sex education program for internet users to consult while searching for sex partners???  Maybe a sate wide program of shots to prevent contracting some types of STD's?

What are your thoughts??

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2015/01/18/gonorrhea-cases-double-sd/21967293/
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Gonorrhea cases more than double in S.D. Empty Re: Gonorrhea cases more than double in S.D.

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Gonorrhea cases in South Dakota more than doubled since 2009, while syphilis has gone from just a handful of cases to dozens.

Chlamydia, the most common sexually transmitted disease, was up 25 percent last year from 2013.

They are among the diseases monitored by the South Dakota Department of Health, which released statistics this week on the prevalence of infectious diseases. They show a steady, and in some cases dramatic, increase in STDs over the years

“Now we’ve got one of the highest syphilis rates in the country,” said state epidemiologist Lon Kightlinger.

Kightlinger theorizes that the increase in STDs over the last few years corresponds to social media and the Internet, which has made it easier for people to find anonymous sex partners.

Perhaps this indicates there is a need for a medically and scientifically correct comprehensive sex education program for internet users to consult while searching for sex partners???  Maybe a sate wide program of shots to prevent contracting some types of STD's?

What are your thoughts??

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2015/01/18/gonorrhea-cases-double-sd/21967293/

Vaccination would be a great place to start, I don't know that there currently are many though. STD's are considered voodoo though and tough to get people behind a finding vaccination. Maybe Sanford could step up to the plate?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Gonorrhea cases more than double in S.D. Empty Re: Gonorrhea cases more than double in S.D.

Post  Shortie's Ex on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 pm

These aren't diseases which affect men of your ages. They are diseases on the rise in adolescent and young women. Oh. Wait. I see the root of your concern now. Twisted Evil
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Skeptical wrote:

What are your thoughts??

There used to be one in the public and private schools and it worked pretty well until it was taken out.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:53 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote: Perhaps this indicates there is a need for a medically and scientifically correct comprehensive sex education program for internet users to consult while searching for sex partners???  Maybe a sate wide program of shots to prevent contracting some types of STD's?

What are your thoughts??

There used to be one in the public and private schools and it worked pretty well until it was taken out.

I never used the internet to search for random sex partners so I wasn't aware of a medically and scientifically correct sex program offered to those people using the internet searching for sex partners but, you seem to recall such a program.

Did you find it effective in reducing/preventing STDs while searching the internet for sex partners? Razz
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Skeptical wrote:
I never used the internet to search for random sex partners so I wasn't aware of a medically and scientifically correct sex program offered to those people using the internet searching for sex partners but, you seem to recall such a program.

Did you find it effective in reducing/preventing STDs while searching the internet for sex partners? Razz
I was referring to the sex education classes that used to be provided by the school system, both public and private. It used to be mandatory and while 5th grade might have been the wrong time, (perhaps 7th?) it did work and it shows in the 80s-early 90s generation.

With the removal of such programs, it makes sense the STDs would increase.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

I was referring to the sex education classes that used to be provided by the school system, both public and private. It used to be mandatory and while 5th grade might have been the wrong time, (perhaps 7th?) it did work and it shows in the 80s-early 90s generation.

It make sense that STDs would increase when the progressive liberals remove God from our classrooms and society. An increase in governance and influence by progressive liberals leads directly to a decline in morals and an increase in STDs. The data is in and the facts speak for themselves. Progressive liberals are bad for society.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

I disagree, there were/are many factors responsible for the increase in STDs and the lack of a medically and scientifically correct sex education program in school is the least of such factors.

The lack of such programs is being used as an excuse to cover for the lack of morality among people of all ages, the deterioration of the nuclear family, and the determined attempt by groups to destroy/vilify religion.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Skeptical wrote:
I disagree, there were/are many factors responsible for the increase in STDs and the lack of a medically and scientifically correct sex education program in school is the least of such factors.

The lack of such programs is being used as an excuse to cover for the lack of morality among people of all ages, the deterioration of the nuclear family, and the determined attempt by groups to destroy/vilify religion.
I'm going to disagree. Lack of morality doesn't really play into the increase in STD's. We used to educate people about the consequences of not practicing safe sex and abstinence only programs have failed horribly in other states. If the public is educated they have shown to make better decisions.  

Jammer wrote:
It make sense that STDs would increase when the progressive liberals remove God from our classrooms and society.  An increase in governance and influence by progressive liberals leads directly to a decline in morals and an increase in STDs.  The data is  in and the facts speak for themselves.  Progressive liberals are bad for society.
Removing the state sponsored programs show a lack of government influence, not an increase of it. The state used to support sex education classes.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:I'm going to disagree. Lack of morality doesn't really play into the increase in STD's. We used to educate people about the consequences of not practicing safe sex and abstinence only programs have failed horribly in other states. If the public is educated they have shown to make better decisions.  

I seriously doubt the only way a person can know of the dangers or possibility of contracting an STD is from a medically and scientifically correct sex education course in public or private schools.

It doesn't take anything but some common sense, for the male anyway, knowing there are STDs out there to cover the stump if going to hump or keep the thing in pants and walk away!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Skeptical wrote:
I seriously doubt the only way a person can know of the dangers or possibility of contracting an STD is from a medically and scientifically correct sex education course in public or private schools.

It doesn't take anything but some common sense, for the male anyway, knowing there are STDs out there to cover the stump if going to hump or keep the thing in pants and walk away!

Here you go, states that have sexual education classes have lower STD cases if it isn't abstinence only. In addition to lower teen pregnancy rates.

SIECUS
National Center for Biotechnology Information
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Here you go, states that have sexual education classes have lower STD cases if it isn't abstinence only. In addition to lower teen pregnancy rates.

SIECUS

We get it. YOU have a STD and want somebody to blame for it other than yourself.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

SIECUS

Who in the hell is arguing for abstinence only and I wouldn't exactly call cover the stump before you hump or keep it in your pants common sense actions as abstinence only.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:05 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

SIECUS

Correlation does not imply causation
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:06 am

Skeptical wrote:
Who in the hell is arguing for abstinence only and I wouldn't exactly call cover the stump before you hump or keep it in your pants common sense actions as abstinence only.
You mentioned that it doesn't take a sex education class to educate people to wrap it up before engaging in sexual activity. These studies show that is not the case, as when there is an educational class the STD and pregnancy rates are lower. South Dakota's are on the rise due to the removal of the sexual education classes.

BladeRunner wrote:
You'd be correct if the study didn't already take that into consideration. Can you show me one that shows these two incorrect?
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
You mentioned that it doesn't take a sex education class to educate people to wrap it up before engaging in sexual activity. These studies show that is not the case, as when there is an educational class the STD and pregnancy rates are lower. South Dakota's are on the rise due to the removal of the sexual education classes.

BladeRunner wrote:
You'd be correct if the study didn't already take that into consideration. Can you show me one that shows these two incorrect?

You got to be kidding, right?

Do you seriously think a father who gives his teen son common sense advice about covering the stump if you hump or walk away is invalid because it is not part of a classroom environment?????

What's next ... when people do not engage in sex the birth rate increases?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Skeptical wrote:

Do you seriously think a father who gives his teen son common sense advice about covering the stump if you hump or walk away is invalid because it is not part of a classroom environment?????

How many parents do that?

Parents are still scared to give their kids "the talk" because they are uncomfortable talking about sex with their children. Which is where the schools can assist with that and show them what their parents are hesitant to talk about. Same reason we don't have parents teach their children Algebra even though its a basic part of life.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

How many parents do that?

Parents are still scared to give their kids "the talk" because they are uncomfortable talking about sex with their children. Which is where the schools can assist with that and show them what their parents are hesitant to talk about. Same reason we don't have parents teach their children Algebra even though its a basic part of life.

It is immaterial how many parents do it

Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Skeptical wrote:

Its pertinent how many parents do it. If the market saturation is too low; it won't make a difference if one parent says it or not.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Its pertinent how many parents do it. If the market saturation is too low; it won't make a difference if one parent says it or not.

Last chance !!
Why can't you admit a father who gives his teen son common sense advice about covering the stump if you hump or walk away is just as valid as if it said by a teacher in a classroom environment ??
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:22 am

Skeptical wrote:Last chance !!
Why can't you admit a father who gives his teen son common sense advice about covering the stump if you hump or walk away is just as valid as if it said by a teacher in a classroom environment ??
Sure its just as valid, but as South Dakota has demonstrated it is not happening.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:25 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:Last chance !!
Sure its just as valid, but as South Dakota has demonstrated it is not happening.

Lack of classroom instruction is not the problem.

HINT: The word's first letter is "A".

CLASS DISMISSED !
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Skeptical wrote:Lack of classroom instruction is not the problem.

CLASS DISMISSED !
Lack of classroom instruction is the problem.

Parents do not adequately address this with their children as most still view it as taboo when it shouldn't be.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:12 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:Lack of classroom instruction is not the problem.

CLASS DISMISSED !
Lack of classroom instruction is the problem.

Parents do not adequately address this with their children as most still view it as taboo when it shouldn't be.

The all-knowing government will take care of us all ~ braindamaged lib
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:50 am

nightlight88 wrote:
The all-knowing government will take care of us all ~ braindamaged lib
The parents are not doing their job, and this shows it very well.

I know you don't like the government doing something for you, but without the education behind sex education, this will continue as a trend.

It is sad as we had the ability to fix this problem and decided to do away with a program that worked.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum