80 on the Interstate?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

80 on the Interstate? - Page 2 Empty Re: 80 on the Interstate?

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
The Interstate Highways are built for those speeds for automobiles. Trucks are a different thing. So far as the effeciency gas mileage ect that is the drivers problem. After 60 mph fuel mileage drops and tire wear goes way up. If you can afford it and want to pay the cost ,that is no one elses business.
Sorry, I meant to say the cars on the road are not kept in the condition needed to maintain that speed. I also don't think the roads are in good enough repair, especially the more rural you go in South Dakota.

Most people do not keep their vehicles in good enough condition to warrant the speed limit increase, especially the suspension.

Yes Caitlyn it seems that ever since lots of people didn't have enough money to repair their vehicles during the later years of the last Bush presidency the cars one the road have drifted more and more to disrepair.

Hopefully with the economics gradually improving for many they will be able to get ahead on the repair of their vehicles.

Are you that brain damaged or do you work on being stupid?   Don't you know that Obama's Cash for Clunkers took all the liberal POS vehicles off the road and allowed dumbasses to go into debt they couldn't afford to buy new, high priced vehicles?

Your claim that people bought new, high priced cars in the early years of Barack's presidency does not square with the present state of  poor repair of many vehicles.  Many people did NOT buy new vehicles in this program.  They continued with the cars they had.

You should not judge the state of repairs of others' vehicles by the lack of repairs in your own.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
The 80mph limit would only apply to the Interstates. Pay attention.
I'm referring to the interstates. You can see the disrepair that is prudent along the I90 corridor between Mitchell and Chamberlain, not to mention between Brookings/Watertown and Aberdeen.

Those are several stretches that could use a heavy overhaul before this could be implemented.

Again, people are not keeping their cars in good enough repair for this either.

Do you think the South Dakota legislature will conduct a poll to find out how many maintain their vehicles and use that as a factor to pass or not pass the proposal ?

They simply need to survey that stretch of Hwy 212 on the west side of the river across from Gettysburg to see the current state of repair of vehicles in SD.
212 is not an Interstate . The greatest percentage of the iron that runs on I90 and I29 looks to be in good shape. About the only two things that would cause concern at high speeds are tires and brakes. It is as dangerous running bad tires and brakes at 40mph as 80mph.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:21 am

Alleycat wrote:
212 is not an Interstate . The greatest percentage of the iron that runs on I90 and I29 looks to be in good shape. About the only two things that would cause concern at high speeds are tires and brakes. It is as dangerous running bad tires and brakes at 40mph as 80mph.
Agreed and people do not keep them in good repair, especially in this state where the lack of income is a problem for regular maintenance.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:15 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
Agreed and people do not keep them in good repair, especially in this state where the lack of income is a problem for regular maintenance.

How many people's cars have you repaired and tires have you furnished?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

How many people's cars have you repaired and tires have you furnished?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Your professional diagnostic service center and repair facility is located where??
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Your professional diagnostic service center and repair facility is located where??

Pukwana

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Pukwana

Thanks Caitlyn. How many other identities do you have here Caitlyn besides Liberal?

And your certification for auto diagnosis and repair was issued by ... ?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Any data to back up your anecdote or are just serving another piece of your infamous Krazy Cake? Sleep
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Any data to back up your anecdote or are just serving another piece of your infamous Krazy Cake? Sleep

Sure, South Dakota income per capita is sitting around 25K~, ranks it 31st~ in the nation.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Skeptical wrote:
I'd prefer to keep where I work out of this if at all possible. Thanks.

Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Sure, South Dakota income per capita is sitting around 25K~, ranks it 31st~ in the nation.

That says nothing about the condition of vehicles on South Dakota roads or for that matter any state's roads. Thanks for the Krazy cake though.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
I'd prefer to keep where I work out of this if at all possible. Thanks.

You already said your diagnostic and repair facility was in Pukwana or have you forgotten so soon?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:42 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
That says nothing about the condition of vehicles on South Dakota roads or for that matter any state's roads. Thanks for the Krazy cake though.
Interpret it how you want, but not having money is a problem in this state. Which translates into poor condition of rural road ways and lack of routine maintenance done to vehicles.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Skeptical wrote:
You already said your diagnostic and repair facility was in Pukwana or have you forgotten so soon?
I realize you might be confused, but I'm not anyone else on this board.

So, no, I didn't say it was in Pukwana, I don't visit Brule County often either. Smile
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Interpret it how you want, but not having money is a problem in this state. Which translates into poor condition of rural road ways and lack of routine maintenance done to vehicles.

Rural roadways ≠ Interstates

where you will only find 80mph.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
I realize you might be confused, but I'm not anyone else on this board.

So, no, I didn't say it was in Pukwana, I don't visit Brule County often either. Smile

Did you authorize Liberal to answer for you???

If you didn't, why is Liberal answering for you?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 am

Skeptical wrote:
Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Pukwana

Thanks Caitlyn.  How many other identities do you have here Caitlyn besides Liberal?

Two

AADR of America

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:20 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I have plenty of money...don't know what you are talking about.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:13 am

Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote: Thanks Caitlyn.  How many other identities do you have here Caitlyn besides Liberal?

Two

AADR of America

Thanks again Caitlyn.  

I somehow doubt your certification will keep many vehicles top mechanical condition.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:22 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I have plenty of money...don't know what you are talking about.

Me too. Ever since we got rid of Bush and elected a good President, the money situation has never been better. Thanks Obama!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:26 am

Skeptical wrote:
Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote: Thanks Caitlyn.  How many other identities do you have here Caitlyn besides Liberal?

Two

AADR of America

Thanks again Caitlyn.  

I somehow doubt your certification will keep many vehicles top mechanical condition.

Why did you even ask then? 80 on the Interstate? - Page 2 650224726

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:36 am

Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Liberal wrote:

Two

AADR of America

Thanks again Caitlyn.  

Why did you even ask then? 80 on the Interstate? - Page 2 650224726

Just curious how you know there are so many vehicles not kept in good condition.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:51 am

Skeptical wrote:
Liberal wrote:

Two

AADR of America

Thanks again Caitlyn.  

They might need a filling.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Rural roadways ≠ Interstates

where you will only find 80mph.
Rural Interstates are in poor repair as well, when you go west.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum