Time to Shift Public Schools to On-Line Education

Go down

Time to Shift Public Schools to On-Line Education Empty Time to Shift Public Schools to On-Line Education

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:56 am

I have never taken an online classes and truthfully think students that do are getting a disservice. Talking with the professors was an extremely important part of my education.
Seems to me on-line classes should be a lot cheaper than attending an institution. What are your thoughts or experiences?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/really_alternative_schools_rising_HascMnqpRYZNzX5C4Mp9DP
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Time to Shift Public Schools to On-Line Education Empty Re: Time to Shift Public Schools to On-Line Education

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 am

I think the more gifted and advanced students would fare better than the average or struggling student. My second daughter was/is an absolute mess when it comes to math and while at SDSU her remedial Algebra class was online. What a waste of good money. I had her withdraw because she was failing it. She finally made it through 5 classes of Algebra before passing her required semester of college Algebra. She did best with a class in summer school (lots of individual attention from a professor) and massive amounts of online tutoring from big sister who had a second major in math.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Time to Shift Public Schools to On-Line Education Empty Re: Time to Shift Public Schools to On-Line Education

Post  BladeRunner on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:34 am

I recently took an online programming class. There was a time of adjustment as when I asked questions, I needed to email or call the professor and it took some time for him to get back to me.

It consisted of him recording his class, and posting the video for online students to watch. Tests were administered by proctor.

Because I knew a lot about the subject matter already, it wasn't difficult me. I am not sure how it was for students who knew nothing about the subject.

I'd probably take another online class again. But you're correct about one thing, they should charge less for online classes.

Now, slightly off topic, the price I paid for a book I barely used is a whole other issue....I honestly think it's a scam. Do professors get a kickback for the books their students need to purchase?

I know off topic......hope I don't get moderated for it..... :face:
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm

I think there is some kind of book kickback but not sure of the details. Maybe a paid meeting in Hawaii or an underage girl in Bangkok? Maybe both?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum