Can SD afford Affordable Care Act?

Go down

Can SD afford Affordable Care Act? Empty Can SD afford Affordable Care Act?

Post  Skeptical on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Insurance companies see individual rates jump, pull policies off the federal exchange because it's too expensive

South Dakotans signing up for individual health care plans this fall will pay more and have fewer choices.

As the federal health insurance exchange enters its third year, insurers are proposing rate increases and in some cases pulling policies off the marketplace because they say they are not profitable.

The online marketplace at healthcare.gov is meant to be a one-stop shop for consumers to find plans that meet criteria under the health care law, as well as subsidies they might qualify to receive.

DakotaCare said this week it would not participate in the exchange for 2016. The state's two remaining companies offering individual policies on the exchange, Avera Health Plans and Sanford Health Plan, are proposing to increase average rates more than 13 percent.

And because companies that offer policies on the federal exchange must also offer the same policies elsewhere, other customers can expect to be hit with rate increases as well.

"Off exchange, we expect that a fair number of those people who bought those policies from Jan. 1, 2014 through now, they’re going to be getting some pretty significant rate shocks in their mailboxes when their premiums come out," said Debra Muller, chief administrative officer for Avera Health Plans.

Golly gee, didn't that MT suit HMWAIC Liar In Chief repeatedly proclaim people would see their premiums drop $2500??

More here : http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2015/10/23/can-sd-afford-affordable-care-act/74452480/
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Can SD afford Affordable Care Act? Empty Re: Can SD afford Affordable Care Act?

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:12 am

I thought it was going to be free? Maybe Hamasswipe or Dr. Handout Jones can explain this turn of events.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:50 am

Obviously when steps are taken to derail someone's gravy train they get a little upset. I really don't see what they are bitching about though, I've been following a group called Christian Healthcare Ministries for the last several months. Their premiums are about a third of what I am paying and they don't seem to have any problems. Can SD afford Affordable Care Act? 3584648792 I think these insurance companies have been living off of the American teat long enough.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Obviously when steps are taken to derail someone's gravy train they get a little upset.  I really don't see what they are bitching about though,  I've been following a group called Christian Healthcare Ministries for the last several months.  Their premiums are about a third of what I am paying and they don't seem to have any problems.  Can SD afford Affordable Care Act? 3584648792   I think these insurance companies have been living off of the American teat long enough.

Your reading comprehension is lacking like we didn't know. The insurance you referenced is not insurance but rather a group HSA more or less. They do not guarantee anything and evaluate claims on a case by case basis. There is no assurance any of your medical care costs will be covered period. This isn't comparable to what insurance companies were held to. Of course feel free to spin these lies because the gullible that think you have a smidgen of intelligence will gobble it up as fact. Try to get some education and improve your IQ.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Obviously when steps are taken to derail someone's gravy train they get a little upset.  I really don't see what they are bitching about though,  I've been following a group called Christian Healthcare Ministries for the last several months.  Their premiums are about a third of what I am paying and they don't seem to have any problems.  Can SD afford Affordable Care Act? 3584648792   I think these insurance companies have been living off of the American teat long enough.

Your reading comprehension is lacking like we didn't know. The insurance you referenced is not insurance but rather a group HSA more or less. They do not guarantee anything and evaluate claims on a case by case basis. There is no assurance any of your medical care costs will be covered period. This isn't comparable to what insurance companies were held to. Of course feel free to spin these lies because the gullible that think you have a smidgen of intelligence will gobble it up as fact. Try to get some education and improve your IQ.

Nice job, you made a really strong stand. It's too bad it didn't work out better for you. CHM is nothing like a HSA. HSA's can't stand alone under Obamacare. CHM is just like an insurance plan in that premiums are paid every month and that money is redistributed to those who need the funds that month. There are two major differences though. There is no money hungry SOB stealing from the pot every month, and payouts are not contractually bound, as you pointed out. Your belief that your bills will be covered is based on your faith in God, faith in your fellow parishioners, and your fellow countrymen. The truth is that even without such assurances, they have such a great track record that they've been approved to cover the requirements for the ACA. That says a lot for them.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum