Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame....

+5
Jammer
Skeptical
Just Braying It
Dr. Evil
BladeRunner
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame.... Empty If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame....

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:33 am

Martin Shkreli quits as Turing CEO
http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/18/investing/martin-shkreli-arrest-turing-kalobios/

This POS bought the rights to a life saving pharmaceutical, then turned around and jacked the price up over 5,000%.  It wasn't even his own research.  This hack just leached off of someone else's work.  Now the evil government is cracking down on this fraud.  Maybe he should be Trump's "Joe the Plumber" in the next election cycle. 

This is why healthcare costs are sky high in the US.  This is why nobody can afford to live in the US, period.  This is why we are a country of haves and have not's.  This is why a minimum wage increase wouldn't help, because we don't have an income problem, we have an expense problem.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame.... Empty Re: If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame....

Post  Just Braying It Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:53 am

Capitalism: If these sick people want this pill, they're just going to have to quit being so lazy and work alittle harder!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame.... Empty Re: If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame....

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:30 am

"It wasn't even his own research.  This hack just leached off of someone else's work.  Now the evil government is cracking down on this fraud."

Once again Dr Fcukstik's reading comprehension goes wanting.

The Feds are going after Shkreli on security fraud unrelated to Turing, the company that owns the drug Daraprim which Shkreli raised the price on. Turing has been bleeding money all year and it appears that the Daraprim exorbitant price increase has failed to staunch those losses.

And no wonder. The drug has no patent protection having long expired. Now capitalism and the free market has provided competition for the overpriced Daraprim with the company Imprimis producing a compounded drug using the generic alternative pyrimetnamine for about $1@ pill.

However due to excessive FDA regulations there are limitations. The compound formulation is not FDA-approved even though the ingredients are FDA-approved and are produced in facilities that are FDA-inspected. Filing for FDA approval of the compound would be time consuming and cost millions of dollars.  By selling through a doctor's Rx to specific individuals, Imprimis can do an end run on the FDA regulations avoiding the excessive expenses and still make a healthy profit selling at $1@ pill.

It is the excessive entanglement of the Federal government in approving drugs, meddling in the health insurance market with Obamacare, mandating of insurance benefits ie pregnancy insurance for men and for women past their child bearing years, etc that is the major driver of the increases in health costs in the US.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:"It wasn't even his own research.  This hack just leached off of someone else's work.  Now the evil government is cracking down on this fraud."

The Feds are going after Shkreli on security fraud unrelated to Turing, the company that owns the drug Daraprim which Shkreli raised the price on. Turing has been bleeding money all year and it appears that the Daraprim exorbitant price increase has failed to staunch those losses.

I see you're still trotting out your straw man to do your dirty work for you.  If I was referring to the government cracking down on his price gouging then that's what I would have said.  Instead I said "fraud", which refers to his ltitle rob Peter to pay Paul ponzi scheme.

And no wonder. The drug has no patent protection having long expired. Now capitalism and the free market has provided competition for the overpriced Daraprim with the company Imprimis producing a compounded drug using the generic alternative pyrimetnamine for about $1@ pill.

However due to excessive FDA regulations there are limitations. The compound formulation is not FDA-approved even though the ingredients are FDA-approved and are produced in facilities that are FDA-inspected. Filing for FDA approval of the compound would be time consuming and cost millions of dollars.  By selling through a doctor's Rx to specific individuals, Imprimis can do an end run on the FDA regulations avoiding the excessive expenses and still make a healthy profit selling at $1@ pill.

It is the excessive entanglement of the Federal government in approving drugs, meddling in the health insurance market with Obamacare, mandating of insurance benefits ie pregnancy insurance for men and for women past their child bearing years, etc that is the major driver of the increases in health costs in the US.

Ummmm, no.  Capitalism took a program that was working perfectly fine and dumped it on it's head because someone wanted take advantage of the system, and ass rape the American people in the process. 

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Is there any scenario that more government isn't the answer for you?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:"It wasn't even his own research.  This hack just leached off of someone else's work.  Now the evil government is cracking down on this fraud."

I see you're still trotting out your straw man to do your dirty work for you.  If I was referring to the government cracking down on his price gouging then that's what I would have said.  Instead I said "fraud", which refers to his ltitle rob Peter to pay Paul ponzi scheme.

Ummmm, no.  Capitalism took a program that was working perfectly fine and dumped it on it's head because someone wanted take advantage of the system, and ass rape the American people in the process. 

Perhaps if you were better at elucidating your arguments, everybody on the forum might have half a chance of understanding. Instead you prattle on not making a distinction between Shkreli's security fraud arrest at one of his companies and his pricing strategy at another. You'd rather work yourself into a high dudgeon lather thinking it'll make your attack on capitalism sound more intelligent.

I have no idea what you are even attempting to say in your second rant. Explain how a recent price increase in a niche drug is responsible for "sky high healthcare costs" which have been ongoing for years. And just how exactly does the cost of a drug not used by 99.99% of the population make unaffordable "life in the US, period" and turn us into "a country of haves and have not's"? And pray tell me how the minimum wage increase has anything to do with Shkreli's security fraud (or is it exorbitant price increases? I forget)? Crikers, you threw enough spaghetti at the wall to solve world hunger.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:53 pm

Dammit...he is a liberal and operates on pure feeling rather than even a smidgen of fact. How dare you challenge his mindless drivel with your heartless, condescending talking points.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:12 am

If Capitalism had a Hall of Fame.... Tumblr_noys8mkgT11s0my1wo1_250
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:14 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Perhaps if you were better at elucidating your arguments, everybody on the forum might have half a chance of understanding. Instead you prattle on not making a distinction between Shkreli's security fraud arrest at one of his companies and his pricing strategy at another. You'd rather work yourself into a high dudgeon lather thinking it'll make your attack on capitalism sound more intelligent.

I think if anyone is rushing into an attack without getting their bearings straight, it's you.  Even if my post didn't offer ample explanation for you, the article I posted certainly did. 

I have no idea what you are even attempting to say in your second rant. Explain how a recent price increase in a niche drug is responsible for "sky high healthcare costs" which have been ongoing for years. And just how exactly does the cost of a drug not used by 99.99% of the population make unaffordable "life in the US, period" and turn us into "a country of haves and have not's"? And pray tell me how the minimum wage increase has anything to do with Shkreli's security fraud (or is it exorbitant price increases? I forget)? Crikers, you threw enough spaghetti at the wall to solve world hunger.

Shkreli's shenanigans are commonplace in this country, especially where the essentials are concerned.  We've gone from a business model where the cost of production plus a modest return was the goal of an honest business man,  to a 'whatever the market will bear' mentality.  Or they manipulate production to generate the type of revenue they want.  People don't get ahead in an environment that's designed to drain their checking account every month, at least 99% of the population doesn't.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Dammit...he is a liberal and operates on pure feeling rather than even a smidgen of fact. How dare you challenge his mindless drivel with your heartless, condescending talking points.
Run along troll, there's adults trying to have a conversation here....

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:55 am

"We've gone from a business model where the cost of production plus a modest return was the goal of an honest business man,  to a 'whatever the market will bear' mentality.  Or they manipulate production to generate the type of revenue they want.  People don't get ahead in an environment that's designed to drain their checking account every month, at least 99% of the population doesn't."

I see the problem. Your brain cell is overheating and you're are concluding that a singular pricing strategy is equivalent to a comprehensive business model. Sorry you lose.

Your argument is so larded with weasel words that it is unintelligible gibberish. Please define "modest" in your corner of the Universe. 

And you obviously fail to realize that 'whatever the market will bear' can also refer to moderate and low pricing as well as high. In market clearing, prices move towards an equilibrium where demand is equal to production. If supply or demand for the goods start to vary, prices will rise and fall to reflect the dynamics of the market. If supply is too high and demand at zero, then the market will clear by reducing the price to zero (throw or give it away). So of course production of a good has to be able to be adjusted to match what the market is setting as a clearing price. 

If people's checking account are being drained every month, then the logical response is to stop buying or switch products. If you can't afford filet, then switch to hamburger. If you can't afford hamburger, mix in some hamburger helper. As suppliers start to see their revenues start to shrink, the market will lower prices. In the case of Shkreli's overpricing his drug, other companies have responded to an opening in the market and started producing an alternative at a price even lower than the price of the drug before Shkreli bought it. Capitalism and a free market at work.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Capitalism: Supply and demand is our moral compass when people are in life and death situations (including unborn babies)!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:Capitalism: Supply and demand is our moral compass when people are in life and death situations (including unborn babies)!

Planned Parenthood sure found a niche within capitalism to make money !
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:Capitalism: Supply and demand is our moral compass when people are in life and death situations (including unborn babies)!

Morality is impossible without the freedom to choose how one is to acquire or dispose of property absent coercion.

To paraphrase Locke, "Man hath by nature a power to preserve his property, that is, his life, liberty and estate, against the injuries and attempts of other men."
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Capitalism is itself only a means and requires individual participants to decide on the ends to be pursued. No economic system can make people good. The best that an economic system can do is to allow people to be good. But morality and virtue require that individuals be free to be immoral and of bad character. Only when an individual has choice and bears responsibility for his actions can he be moral. Capitalism, more than other economic systems, allows the exercise of individual free will. Thus, though capitalism cannot guarantee a moral society, it is necessary for one.  - Edward Younkins
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:11 am

You boys should listen to Gomezz. I bet he got some good background on economics at the Univ of Chicago. That place has an awesome reputation in that field.

Gomezz when you were a student did the economics dept or business school offer the Ethics of Business course ? Or is that a more recent offering ? Seems like all of the topline B schools are offering ethics classes these days.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:59 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:You boys should listen to Gomezz.  I bet he got some good background on economics at the Univ of Chicago.  That place has an awesome reputation in that field.

Gomezz when you were a student did the economics dept or business school offer the Ethics of Business course ?  Or is that a more recent offering ?  Seems like all of the topline B schools are offering ethics classes these days.

Boy not boys. Singular. It appears only Dr Fcukstik disagrees with me. OK, and Puckernut

As an undergrad in the College at U of C, my contact with the GSB (Graduate School of Business now the Booth) consisted of strolling past it on the Quadrangles. In fact Milton Friedman hadn't even won his Nobel Prize yet. However the required undergrad Common Core classes did give me a great economic theory and social contract theory foundation. Much of my economics and poli-sci knowledge is of an autodidatic nature.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:36 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Shortie's Ex wrote:You boys should listen to Gomezz.  I bet he got some good background on economics at the Univ of Chicago.  That place has an awesome reputation in that field.

Gomezz when you were a student did the economics dept or business school offer the Ethics of Business course ?  Or is that a more recent offering ?  Seems like all of the topline B schools are offering ethics classes these days.

Boy not boys. Singular. It appears only Dr Fcukstik disagrees with me. OK, and Puckernut

As an undergrad in the College at U of C, my contact with the GSB (Graduate School of Business now the Booth) consisted of strolling past it on the Quadrangles. In fact Milton Friedman hadn't even won his Nobel Prize yet. However the required undergrad Common Core classes did give me a great economic theory and social contract theory foundation. Much of my economics and poli-sci knowledge is of an autodidatic nature.

Gomezz this might be be of those auto correct probems, but why would you say that your economics and poli-sci knowledge is of an idiotic nature ?  I think you are prolly the smartest poster on JSI.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:58 am

Shortie's Ex wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Gomezz this might be be of those auto correct probems, but why would you say that your economics and poli-sci knowledge is of an idiotic nature ?  I think you are prolly the smartest poster on JSI.

Possibly although my computer still shows autodidactic (self-taught, self-instructed). I did drop a c in the original spelling.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:35 am

This thread is so typical of the liberal hypocrisy of lying liberals.  They are truly lying sacks of pure shite.

The outrage they express and then try to direct at the American society that they despise is disgusting.  There is no place in America for these scumbags who share none of the values and principles of honest good Americans.

The supposed outrage that was exhibited in this thread was the result on the behavior of a lying liberal loser using the system of capitalism to exploit hard working conservatives who pay for the vast majority of all healthcare costs in this country.  Not only do they pay for their own healthcare but thru their taxes they pay the vast majority of the healthcare costs for the lazy scumbag liberal parasites that live off the American taxpayer.

There are criminals all over the world.  Some of these scumbags use a gun to steal your money while others misuse the system to do it.  The system of capitalism is not at fault, but the progressive liberal agenda of political correctness that fosters empathy for the criminal rather than the victim is to blame.

However what should one expect?  Well over 80% of these criminals are democrats and 99% of them are progressive liberals regardless of what political party they hide behind.  Martin Shkreli is no exception.  Just like the convicted Bernie Madoff and the unindicted Jon Corzine, he is a flaming liberal who supports democrats with huge sums of money.  Usually this is adequate for them to avoid prosecution for their crimes, but sadly for the liberal scumbag Shkreli it appears his fellow progressive liberals are willing to throw him under the bus for some reason.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/democratic-senatorial

Make no mistake of it; slime bags like this guy are progressive liberals.  America would be so much better if liberalism was driven out of this country.  Perhaps when Donald Trump becomes President he will introduce version 2 of Obama’s “Cash for clunkers” only this time he will direct it at progressive liberals.  I hope so as we need to drive these evil people off our streets just like Obama drove those evil gas guzzlers off the streets.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Mr. Jammer I didn't read very much empathy for the criminal in the OP which opened this thread.

Also I wonder if Shkreli is a 'lying liberal loser' or a 'flaming liberal' as you allege in your post ?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Shortie's Ex wrote:Mr. Jammer I didn't read very much empathy for the criminal in the OP which opened this thread.

Also I wonder if Shkreli is a 'lying liberal loser' or a 'flaming liberal' as you allege in your post ?

Hit the road "CLUNKER".
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Mr Jammer I'll let Dr. Jones speak for the post which opened this tread (and if Dr. Jones intended to reflect empathy for the criminal).

But you've got no proof whatsoever to back your claim that Shkreli is a 'lying liberal loser' or a 'flaming liberal' do you ?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Jammer wrote:This thread is so typical of the liberal hypocrisy of lying liberals.  They are truly lying sacks of pure shite.

The outrage they express and then try to direct at the American society that they despise is disgusting.  There is no place in America for these scumbags who share none of the values and principles of honest good Americans.

The supposed outrage that was exhibited in this thread was the result on the behavior of a lying liberal loser using the system of capitalism to exploit hard working conservatives who pay for the vast majority of all healthcare costs in this country.  Not only do they pay for their own healthcare but thru their taxes they pay the vast majority of the healthcare costs for the lazy scumbag liberal parasites that live off the American taxpayer.

There are criminals all over the world.  Some of these scumbags use a gun to steal your money while others misuse the system to do it.  The system of capitalism is not at fault, but the progressive liberal agenda of political correctness that fosters empathy for the criminal rather than the victim is to blame.

However what should one expect?  Well over 80% of these criminals are democrats and 99% of them are progressive liberals regardless of what political party they hide behind.  Martin Shkreli is no exception.  Just like the convicted Bernie Madoff and the unindicted Jon Corzine, he is a flaming liberal who supports democrats with huge sums of money.  Usually this is adequate for them to avoid prosecution for their crimes, but sadly for the liberal scumbag Shkreli it appears his fellow progressive liberals are willing to throw him under the bus for some reason.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/democratic-senatorial

Make no mistake of it; slime bags like this guy are progressive liberals.  America would be so much better if liberalism was driven out of this country.  Perhaps when Donald Trump becomes President he will introduce version 2 of Obama’s “Cash for clunkers” only this time he will direct it at progressive liberals.  I hope so as we need to drive these evil people off our streets just like Obama drove those evil gas guzzlers off the streets.

Good find Jammer!  

"... donated $33,400 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC)"

Why am I not surprised Shkreli is a big Dem donor.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:17 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Good find Jammer!  

"... donated $33,400 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC)"

Why am I not surprised Shkreli is a big Dem donor.

Not only a BIG donor, but also an activist progressive liberal.

The vast majority of all these hedge fund managers are LIBERALS.  The list is endless.  And the democrats almost always support them to the bitter end, take a look at what Jon Corzine did and GOT AWAY WITH.  This guy got overly greedy and they couldn't hide his sins or he would have skated just like Corzine and dozens of others.

As usual, the azzhole liberals control the narrative and they always put an emotional SPIN on things and direct their outrage at conservatives.  What a bunch of evil cretins.   Liberals are SLIME and that is the better ones.  Most of them are much worse than slime, but hey it is Christmas and in the spirit of Christmas I will let it go at SLIME.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next