Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia House Special Election

4 posters

Go down

Georgia House Special Election Empty Georgia House Special Election

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Democrats failed to avoid a runoff in the Georgia House special election/jungle primary garnering only 48% of the vote while the 11 Republican candidates split 51% of the opposition vote. And that's after Whatshisname blew over $8M in out of state money. Hell, Whatshisname couldn't even vote for himself since he didn't reside in the district. Bwahahahaha!
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Georgia House Special Election Empty Re: Georgia House Special Election

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Moral victories don't mean sheet. Outspent Repubs pulled 51% in a fractured race. Dems had to do it now or never. Looking like never is their destiny. Fcukin' losers ... like you.

Georgia House Special Election Loser11
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:48 am

We'll see how many millions the looney lefties and Hollywood elite are willing to spend to try and take this seat again. Most everybody on the left that isn't radical left is packing up their gear and dropping it as a bad cause.   Libs are 0 for 5 so far and I can't see it getting any better for them.
The really fun thing was watching Beckel on The Five have and apoplectic fit trying to out hype old "Tingley leg" !!!
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Moral victories don't mean sheet. Outspent Repubs pulled 51% in a fractured race. Dems had to do it now or never. Looking like never is their destiny. Fcukin' losers ... like you.

Really? This no name Democrat almost running the table in a deep red district doesn't cause you the least bit of concern for the '18 midterms? He obviously has no chance of winning, but this is pretty impressive. He very clearly won this portion of the election, just as he said. I realize that analysing data really isn't your forte, but trust me when I tell you....good luck in '18.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Really? This no name Democrat almost running the table in a deep red district doesn't cause you the least bit of concern for the '18 midterms? He obviously has no chance of winning, but this is pretty impressive. He very clearly won this portion of the election, just as he said. I realize that analysing data really isn't your forte, but trust me when I tell you....good luck in '18.

Like I posted, moral victories mean nothing. The only reason Noname won a plurality in the jungle primary is because 11 Republicans were running. Absent a fractured Republican field, Noname would have been sent packing. Special elections and jungle primaries are notorious for low voter turnouts and this one was no exception. Noname even failed to get as many votes as the Democrat loser in the 2016 Congressional election (!24,917 vs 92,390)
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Like I posted, moral victories mean nothing. The only reason Noname won a plurality in the jungle primary is because 11 Republicans were running. Absent a fractured Republican field, Noname would have been sent packing. Special elections and jungle primaries are notorious for low voter turnouts and this one was no exception. Noname even failed to get as many votes as the Democrat loser in the 2016 Congressional election (!24,917 vs 92,390)

He could have been running against 1 or 100 Republicans. His # would have stayed the same. 48.(whatever)% rejected all Republican candidates, in a red district. It's not like he came in at 35% and left a bunch of room for someone to have easily beaten him. Your math skills are atrocious.

There are two things I can tell you for certain. Republicans don't miss a single broadcast of Bill O'Reillys, until he got booted off the air at least, and they don't miss an election. Democrats are the ones who don't show up. Could you imagine Jammer missing a chance to beat off in the polling booth? Maybe if Reagan was being buried. But then again Republicans are too smart for something like that.  Democrats on the other hand... Rolling Eyes The only way he got so close is that Democrats had to have turned out. Just like they should have last fall.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
He could have been running against 1 or 100 Republicans. His # would have stayed the same. 48.(whatever)% rejected all Republican candidates, in a red district. It's not like he came in at 35% and left a bunch of room for someone to have easily beaten him. Your math skills are atrocious.

There are two things I can tell you for certain. Republicans don't miss a single broadcast of Bill O'Reillys, until he got booted off the air at least, and they don't miss an election. Democrats are the ones who don't show up. Could you imagine Jammer missing a chance to beat off in the polling booth? Maybe if Reagan was being buried. But then again Republicans are too smart for something like that.  Democrats on the other hand... Rolling Eyes The only way he got so close is that Democrats had to have turned out. Just like they should have last fall.

I agree that the no-name guy who doesn't live in the district got 48%. The problem is there aren't any more Democrat voters in the district and I'd be calling for a recount if more show up for the runoff. Repubs do miss elections, look what happened to GHWB. As for Dems missing elections, yes they do, they seem to think that all they have to do is go to a rally and carry a sign and their guy will get the nod. Back in the 60s I was amazed at the get out the vote effort and really didn't understand why till I did a little analysis of the libs I knew. They are mostly unconscious to politics and the process, getting involved for the feel good and ignoring the boredom and tedium of actually doing something. The best way to get the Dem vote out would be to have all their entitlements and free stuff expire on election day and be only renewable when they show up at the polls.
What I'm waiting for is the tally of outside money that'll go into this nutcakes next try at it. Fake news is already calling him the next Obama. Hope springs in the camp of the Dims yet again.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

So much for certainty in Fcukstik's World. It's fairly obvious that many Repubs didn't show up for this election if you compare the vote total of 206,088 for Tom Price in 2016 with the Repub vote total of 97,997 for the special election. This is consistent with special election turnouts.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

So much for certainty in Fcukstik's World. It's fairly obvious that many Repubs didn't show up for this election if you compare the vote total of 206,088 for Tom Price in 2016 with the Repub vote total of 97,997 for the special election. This is consistent with special election turnouts.

Again, either your math is a bit questionable, or you got some bad information. Probably both. It appears you are comparing two different sets of data here. Total votes R & D, to R votes. Which is a completely meaningless comparison. Hence the fuzzy math. To compare apples and apples you would need to take 97,997 and divide it by .519 to get total votes of 188,819. Which essentially equals the two out and is somewhat in line with what I've found:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/8-key-facts-about-georgias-special-election.html

2) Total turnout was more like a midterm than a special election.

192,000 votes were cast in yesterday’s special election. That’s close to the 210,000 votes the sixth in the 2014 midterm election. And that’s very unusual. By comparison, 120,000 were cast in the Kansas’s fourth congressional district special election — itself deemed a barn burner — last Tuesday, and 28,000 were cast in the California’s 38th congressional districtspecial election on April 4.

Granted it's not a source I would typically use, but it's better than nothing.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:27 pm

"It appears you are comparing two different sets of data here. Total votes R & D, to R votes."

No I'm not. Jeebus you are fcuking clueless Fcukstik.

From Ballotpedia:

Total Republican votes cast in Georgia 6th District - 2017:   97,997    Special Election
Total Republican votes cast in Georgia 6th District - 2016: 201,088    Presidential Election
Total Republican votes cast in Georgia 6th District - 2014: 139,018    Midterm Election
Total Republican votes cast in Georgia 6th District - 2012: 189,669    Presidential Election
Total Republican votes cast in Georgia 6th District - 2010: 198,100    Midterm Election
Total Republican votes cast in Georgia 6th District - 2008: 231,520    Presidential Election

Presidential election years generally have the highest turnout with midterms and (especially) special elections having the lower turnouts.  Both Dims and Repubs. So your statement the Repubs never miss an election is patently false. Fcukin' loser.

https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia%27s_6th_Congressional_District
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Dr Evil is truly confused. Most Libs are trying to convince everyone that Repubs are Fascists. So what does he do? He comes with a swastika!!!
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Clicker wrote:Dr Evil is truly confused.  Most Libs are trying to convince everyone that Repubs are Fascists. So what does he do?  He comes with a swastika!!!

There is an old saying about confession is good for the soul ... so by Dr. Jones, AKA Dr. Evil using the swastika is he admitting allegiance to that system?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down