Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradigm Shift in Agriculture

+3
Clicker
Darth Cheney
Gomezz Adddams
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paradigm Shift in Agriculture  Empty Paradigm Shift in Agriculture

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:56 pm

I don't know where to put this, but it seemed fitting to put it here by the last big change on my family's farm. I was turned on to this by an old friend and mentor a few months back, and it's been fascinating. We always think that the US is on the leading edge of everything, but where there's a fat hog to be carved, you better believe that the powers that be will do what it takes to keep the status quo. Sadly, I've come to realize that the status quo has more money behind it here in the US than other parts of the world. And it's killing us, and destroying our planet.

I'm going to post two videos. There are some wins and losses in them for everyone. Global warming deniers will have to admit it's really happening, but will find comfort in knowing that gas guzzlers and pollution weren't the whole problem, and ending them isn't the cure. You'll have to agree that big business runs this country and that private industry doesn't have all the answers, but you'll also be able to rid yourselves of those pesky farm subsidies.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Paradigm Shift in Agriculture  Empty Re: Paradigm Shift in Agriculture

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Oh Jeebus. You want me to give up almost and hour of my cable binge watching to catch no less than two TEDx talks? No way. Unhunh. The world can go to hell. cheers drunken
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:Oh Jeebus. You want me to give up almost and hour of my cable binge watching to catch no less than two TEDx talks? No way. Unhunh. The world can go to hell. cheers drunken

Only if you want to find out how liberals are getting it wrong on global warming or how to get farmers off of the government payroll..... Completely up to you. Cool Laughing

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:Oh Jeebus. You want me to give up almost and hour of my cable binge watching to catch no less than two TEDx talks? No way. Unhunh. The world can go to hell. cheers drunken

Only if you want to find out how liberals are getting it wrong on global warming or how to get farmers off of the government payroll..... Completely up to you. Cool Laughing

I would move all farmers to another set of reservations like the Indians. Let them keep the mailboxes for the government checks though.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:50 am

Here's a really interesting article. Here's a man whose trying to save the planet while going out of his way to not acknowledge that there's a problem. Because he's a Republican.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/business/energy-environment/navigating-climate-change-in-americas-heartland.html?_r=0&referer=android-app://m.facebook.com

In his defense, what he's doing will make him more profitable while saving the planet. So he doesn't really have to acknowledge anything. It's just aggravating to see such an intelligent guy that has to keep his shield up for political reasons. He is one of only a few producers who has the understanding and has unlocked the tools to save the planet. He will continue to support the wrong party though, knowing they are wrong. That I cannot forgive him for.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:05 am

Climate Change has been replaced with Climate Disruption...get with the times.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Here's a fun video for those of you who like to have your cake and eat it too. We are supposed to believe that the government is laden with overegulation, and that private industry has all the answers. Yet look at what this 41 year Army Colonel has to say about the most widely abused chemical on the planet.

Do you still think that private industry has all the answers?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:05 am

Dr. Evil wrote:Here's a fun video for those of you who like to have your cake and eat it too. We are supposed to believe that the government is laden with overegulation, and that private industry has all the answers. Yet look at what this 41 year Army Colonel has to say about the most widely abused chemical on the planet.

Farmers are exempt from regulation and economic reality. Stewards of the Land alright...wonder why that political spin never really caught on?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Here's a fun video for those of you who like to have your cake and eat it too. We are supposed to believe that the government is laden with overegulation, and that private industry has all the answers. Yet look at what this 41 year Army Colonel has to say about the most widely abused chemical on the planet.

Farmers are exempt from regulation and economic reality. Stewards of the Land alright...wonder why that political spin never really caught on?

Which political spin?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Here's another fun little snippet...

Talk about letting the fox guard the hen house!!! The EPA is already inept, and now you guys want to do away with it!?! What gives??

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 am

Dr. Evil wrote:

Talk about letting the fox guard the hen house!!! The EPA is already inept, and now you guys want to do away with it!?! What gives??

Mostly because the EPA has become a tool for politically correct cronies of the ultra left and only have the best interests of the likes of Algore & Company at heart. They don't care how long it takes or how much it costs they'll do anything to stop any true progress in our economy. They have also spawned a huge bureacratic bloated govt "swamp" of their own aided and abetted by an equal army of environmental parasite companies that only serve to slow and jack the cost of true progress. Most of these companies are owned and operated by sympathetic lackeys of the great God Algore.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:02 am

Clicker wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:

Mostly because the EPA has become a tool for politically correct cronies of the ultra left and only have the best interests of the likes of Algore & Company at heart. They don't care how long it takes or how much it costs they'll do anything to stop any true progress in our economy.  They have also spawned a huge bureacratic bloated govt "swamp" of their own aided and abetted by an equal army of environmental parasite companies that only serve to slow and jack the cost of true progress. Most of these companies are owned and operated by sympathetic lackeys of the great God Algore.

Did you watch the video?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:13 am

I think that one of the most interesting things I've learned is that the likely cause for the unrest in the Middle East is their soil degradation. I've got a video that touches on the history of soil degradation around the world, if anybody is interested. It's an hour long though.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:I think that one of the most interesting things I've learned is that the likely cause for the unrest in the Middle East is their soil degradation. I've got a video that touches on the history of soil degradation around the world, if anybody is interested. It's an hour long though.

No doubt it points out the soil degradation, such as the immense amounts of sand, is a result of man made caused global warming
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:I think that one of the most interesting things I've learned is that the likely cause for the unrest in the Middle East is their soil degradation. I've got a video that touches on the history of soil degradation around the world, if anybody is interested. It's an hour long though.

Oh please give us a brief description of this soil degradation of which you speak and what causes it...
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:01 am

Degraded soil is soil that can no longer function properly due to our farming practices. Degraded soil produces degraded food that doesn't sustain life, metal health being a large issue. Soil is a living organism. We treat it like an inert medium that just holds some water, a little fertilizer, and a few seeds that will eventually come together to make a plant.

Darwin once called the soil "The rumen of the earth". And rightfully so, because the biology in the soil is almost identical to the biology in the Rumen. Living organisms respond well to occasional stress, but not chronic stress. Tillage or over tillage is a chronic stress. Tillage alone can destroy soil over time. Some soils around the world, including the Middle East, have been depleted for centuries.

Here in the states we try to minimalize our tillage for the most part, although in recent years tillage seems to be making a comeback. I personally think that's because everybody needs to justify the larger tractors, some with tracks, that they have boughten. But that's a different topic. Our story is a bit different. Our tillage plus poor nutrient management has led to more weeds, insects, and diseases, which has led us to usung more pesticides, fertilizers, and in some cases increased tillage. This snowball effect has led to the chronic stress that I talked about.

Here in the US we start out by tilling in the spring. Stress. We will possibly spread our nutrition before we till. All blown out at once, which essentially confuses the biology, and is very high in salt which is showing up in white blotches everywhere. Another stress. Next we will apply a herbicide. Herbicides are chealators they tie up micronutrients and allow them to be washed away or further down into the soil profile. These chelated minerals are essential to plant and human health. Another stress. We then coat out seed in an insecticide which kills beneficial bacteria along with the pests. Another stress. The seeds we plant produce insecticides of their own. Another stress. One more herbicide pass. Another stress. All followed by possibly another insecticide, fungicide, or tillage pass. Noticing a trend here?

Here's one of SD's own talking about this. Some pretty interesting history as well...

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:Degraded soil is soil that can no longer function properly due to our farming practices. Degraded soil produces degraded food that doesn't sustain life, metal health being a large issue. Soil is a living organism. We treat it like an inert medium that just holds some water, a little fertilizer, and a few seeds that will eventually come together to make a plant.

Darwin once called the soil "The rumen of the earth". And rightfully so, because the biology in the soil is almost identical to the biology in the Rumen. Living organisms respond well to occasional stress, but not chronic stress. Tillage or over tillage is a chronic stress. Tillage alone can destroy soil over time. Some soils around the world, including the Middle East, have been depleted for centuries.

Here in the states we try to minimalize our tillage for the most part, although in recent years tillage seems to be making a comeback. I personally think that's because everybody needs to justify the larger tractors, some with tracks, that they have boughten. But that's a different topic. Our story is a bit different. Our tillage plus poor nutrient management has led to more weeds, insects, and diseases, which has led us to usung more pesticides, fertilizers, and in some cases increased tillage. This snowball effect has led to the chronic stress that I talked about.

Here in the US we start out by tilling in the spring. Stress. We will possibly spread our nutrition before we till. All blown out at once, which essentially confuses the biology, and is very high in salt which is showing up in white blotches everywhere. Another stress. Next we will apply a herbicide. Herbicides are chealators they tie up micronutrients and allow them to be washed away or further down into the soil profile. These chelated minerals are essential to plant and human health.  Another stress. We then coat out seed in an insecticide which kills beneficial bacteria along with the pests. Another stress. The seeds we plant produce insecticides of their own. Another stress.  One more herbicide pass. Another stress. All followed by possibly another insecticide, fungicide, or tillage pass. Noticing a trend here?

Here's one of SD's own talking about this. Some pretty interesting history as well...

ABSOLUTE 100 % PURE BULLSHIT.  THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN CHELATED IS THE PEA YOU CALL A BRAIN.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:Degraded soil is soil that can no longer function properly due to our farming practices. Degraded soil produces degraded food that doesn't sustain life, metal health being a large issue. Soil is a living organism. We treat it like an inert medium that just holds some water, a little fertilizer, and a few seeds that will eventually come together to make a plant.

Here in the US we start out by tilling in the spring. Stress. We will possibly spread our nutrition before we till. All blown out at once, which essentially confuses the biology, and is very high in salt which is showing up in white blotches everywhere. Another stress. Next we will apply a herbicide. Herbicides are chealators they tie up micronutrients and allow them to be washed away or further down into the soil profile. These chelated minerals are essential to plant and human health.  Another stress. We then coat out seed in an insecticide which kills beneficial bacteria along with the pests. Another stress. The seeds we plant produce insecticides of their own. Another stress.  One more herbicide pass. Another stress. All followed by possibly another insecticide, fungicide, or tillage pass. Noticing a trend here?

ABSOLUTE 100 % PURE BULLSHIT.  THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN CHELATED IS THE PEA YOU CALL A BRAIN.

You don't even know what chelated means... Rolling Eyes

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Well, I will admit that beyond ethylene diamine tetra acetic acid and nitrilotriacetic acid I’m a little fuzzy.   While marijuana is the only chelation you have personal experience with ASSHOLE.  You should stick with what you know you worthless piece of DOGSHIT.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Well, I will admit that beyond ethylene diamine tetra acetic acid and nitrilotriacetic acid I’m a little fuzzy.   While marijuana is the only chelation you have personal experience with ASSHOLE.  You should stick with what you know you worthless piece of DOGSHIT.

Marijuana is actually a natural insecticide, not a chealator. Hence it's effect on your central nervous system. I thought you would have known that.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Marijuana is actually a natural insecticide, not a chealator. Hence it's effect on your central nervous system. I thought you would have known that.

What I do know from your stupid ass comments is that you don't have a clue on the difference between ethylene diamine tetra acetic acid and dimethyl chickenwire.  You are like every other dumbass liberal, you think you are so enlightened and know better than anyone else.  But in reality, your dumbass comments reveal you for the moron that you are.  So go pound sand you mental midget asshole.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Are you disputing something that was said in any of the videos I've posted? If so, let's hear it.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:11 am

Dr. Evil wrote:Are you disputing something that was said in any of the videos I've posted? If so, let's hear it.

Are you disputing the FACT that you are completely clueless about everything that is in any of your copy and paste communist propaganda?  If you are, you need to provide CLEAR PROOF of your claim, otherwise we will continue to consider everything you say completely bogus.  We already know that your George Soros funded propaganda is FAKE NEWS intended to deceive Americans.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 am

I've listened to the videos and can't figure out what the looney ton idiots are actually getting at. After about 15 min of it i gave up and shut it down. Apparently this is directed at sympathetic heads who are already on the bandwagon(whatever that really is) and just need a bit of reinforcement to remain focused. Mostly simple Algore BSas I see it. I'm not a farmer so I guess I'd be called unqualified to make comment. I do remember the no till issues years ago but they were aimed mostly at preventing the loss of topsoil due to wind erosion. The dire doom and gloom predictions were that we were cruising toward another dust bowl. I don't recall anyone buying that but most of the farmers in the region of Ohio I came from were into no till.

We need to find out were the money for these loons comes from and cut them off.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Very few farmers practice no-till crop production in this area. One of the biggest advantages is the ground has the ability to absorb much more moisture which it needs. There are also a multitude of bacteria in the soil that is harmed during tillage. However, hydroponics and even closer to home, the sand hills of Nebraska, have proven any plant can be grown entirely in a sterile medium if given the proper moisture and nutrients. At Scotts lawn company they grow sod directly on concrete with no medium.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next