Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sous Vide Cooking

2 posters

Go down

Sous Vide Cooking Empty Sous Vide Cooking

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:44 pm

Pronounce Soo Veed a French term meaning "under vacuum"...

It is my latest culinary venture and I must say...wow!!!!!

Here is how it works. You vacuum bag meat with herbs & spices. Place in water container where a sous vide heater keeps water temperature at whatever you set it at within 0.1 degree. One inch chicken breast or steak takes an hour or two...a two inch thick chop takes 4 hours. The thing is you can't overcook the meat although you can turn chicken into mush if cooked too long 4+ hours. The meat once cooked looks a little like ET but you can quickly brown with a butane torch or short time on the grill. The results...the most tender, succulent meat you have ever tasted and used in many many restaurants. You can turn lean pork into as tender as butter because it never over cooks which turns proteins into tough strands. If you ever wonder how deli meat is cooked throughout without well done and rare parts this is how. Absolutely mind blowing!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Sous Vide Cooking Empty Re: Sous Vide Cooking

Post  Jammer Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Pronounce Soo Veed a French term meaning "under vacuum"...

Here is how it works. You vacuum bag meat with herbs & spices. Place in water container where a sous vide heater keeps water temperature at whatever you set it at within 0.1 degree. One inch chicken breast or steak takes an hour or two...a two inch thick chop takes 4 hours. The thing is you can't overcook the meat although you can turn chicken into mush if cooked too long 4+ hours. The meat once cooked looks a little like ET but you can quickly brown with a butane torch or short time on the grill. The results...the most tender, succulent meat you have ever tasted and used in many many restaurants. You can turn lean pork into as tender as butter because it never over cooks which turns proteins into tough strands. If you ever wonder how deli meat is cooked throughout without well done and rare parts this is how. Absolutely mind blowing!

I once microwaved a hotdog.  It sounds pretty similar except for the overcooking part.  It seems that an over microwaved hotdog explodes.  I'm still looking for all the parts.  Smile  
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:07 am

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Pronounce Soo Veed a French term meaning "under vacuum"...

I once microwaved a hotdog.  It sounds pretty similar except for the overcooking part.  It seems that an over microwaved hotdog explodes.  I'm still looking for all the parts.  Smile  

I remember when microwaves first hit the consumer market. We were all amazed a hotdog would be cooked in a matter of seconds. I'll bet those were good years for Oscar Meyer.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:

I remember when microwaves first hit the consumer market. We were all amazed a hotdog would be cooked in a matter of seconds. I'll bet those were good years for Oscar Meyer.

Yeah, the microwave greatly expanded my culinary talents.  Before the microwave, I was essentially limited to the basic food groups:

1.  Could you BIGEE size that for me
2.  I would like a 3 piece dark meal with coleslaw and mashed potatoes
3.  Make that an XL pepperoni and mushroom
4.  Could you please pass the beer nuts

Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down